Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 12:10:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 [1615] 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483650 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 12:37:43 AM

Synechist, I can tell all the XC/Blocknet FUD has taken a toll on you, just wanna say thank you for everything you've done for XC and all the sleep loss and stress you've dealt with over the past 6 months.  A lot of us are still here and accumulating while the price is low.  We support you and the team and will help in anyway we can going forward.

I think the tipping point for Synechist was when I expressed my frustration towards him upon his revelation that he'd known about the FUD campaign several weeks prior, suggesting that he'd 'hung the XC community out to dry.'

Thanks infinitechaos - much appreciated, and no hard feelings. The tipping point wasn't your post fortunately. ;-)

What tipped me over was something more... structural.

As the smear campaign was unfolding I saw that its success would depend entirely on the community's collective ability to read it for what it was - some internet trash contrived (pretty cleverly) to distort a bunch of facts into a very ugly-looking picture.

Accordingly I urged the community repeatedly to just dismiss it.

Unfortunately I realised that in the past months I'd enabled a strong dependency upon - and expectation that - I'd provide information, explanations, support, and that as a result there was simply no way in which people were going to be able to just dismiss the smear campaign's claims and move on.

And this meant becoming answerable to a bunch of reprehensible trolls and getting dragged head-first through a disgusting pile of filth, for weeks.

In other words, they had us. We lost. They were able to leverage a dependency-relationship to incite an insatiable public demand that their claims be engaged with.

This is what changed my perspective. I no longer have faith in Bitcointalk, a forum that allows poop-and-scoop scammers to run rampant and destroy the value of months and months of hard work.

I also saw the urgent need to dismantle the dependence in this community for continuous information. It's a major weakness.

We simply must be more independent in our assessments of XC's health.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
SouthernBTC

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 12:57:59 AM

I have to be honest, I don't even like having any of this discussion here. I'm waiting for people to start jumping in and creating fud. We should seriously consider slack or moving the conversation over to xctalk.

BTW Synechist I hope you don't mind me making fun of you a bit, just lightening things up around here. I've been around the block once or twice. There is no way a person like you with your inquisitiveness about life and human nature is being dishonest, it isn't in your make up. I watched all of your youtube performances, you are a passionate and sensitive person...that can be seen in your writings, your performances, and how you handled the fud.

I applaud you for still being here. None of us know if any of these experiments are going to be succesful, my faith in xc has always been based on the enthusiasm that you, Dan, and Teka have brought to this project. I came home from my honeymoon and doubled my stash of xc. Maybe one day, all of the strong hands will meet in Amsterdam or Bitcoin City or whatever they're calling it now and we'll be discussing these formative years of xc, xcurrency, blocknet, and xchat.
holyprofit

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 01:17:22 AM

I think others said it already but it's great to see our usual positivity returning to this thread again especially from you Arlyn. Thanks also for updating us on the way this has affected you because I think many of us worried about how this might affect your feelings towards the whole project. I think there were plenty of us that were dismissing the fud but in the end it counter productive to engage with it. That's actually why I haven't posted much lately. This was obviously something of a trial but now it's over I'm really looking forward to what's to come!
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 02:20:50 AM

[replying on xctalk...]

http://xctalk.com/index.php?/topic/236-intro/page-2#entry1685

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
battbot

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 02:57:15 AM

I have to be honest, I don't even like having any of this discussion here. I'm waiting for people to start jumping in and creating fud. We should seriously consider slack or moving the conversation over to xctalk.

BTW Synechist I hope you don't mind me making fun of you a bit, just lightening things up around here. I've been around the block once or twice. There is no way a person like you with your inquisitiveness about life and human nature is being dishonest, it isn't in your make up. I watched all of your youtube performances, you are a passionate and sensitive person...that can be seen in your writings, your performances, and how you handled the fud.

I applaud you for still being here. None of us know if any of these experiments are going to be succesful, my faith in xc has always been based on the enthusiasm that you, Dan, and Teka have brought to this project. I came home from my honeymoon and doubled my stash of xc. Maybe one day, all of the strong hands will meet in Amsterdam or Bitcoin City or whatever they're calling it now and we'll be discussing these formative years of xc, xcurrency, blocknet, and xchat.

+1, good sir. 
Zarmung

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 07:54:18 AM

guys you're kissing too much each other in the ass, it's already red - but it doesn't help, the price is still under the flow.
UnicornFarts

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 09:01:42 AM

Lol touche
cryptico

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 09:45:06 AM

Ok so I have downloaded Slack..never used it..Do we need to create a team first ? Infinite would you like to organise the initial steps so that we can move over there? This is fantastic. Let's keep this going.

fartyrdjjykywhatever we will give a sad salute to you once we will not be here anymore...it will be hard for both but for sure you will find another thread to troll. It was beatiful and we are all hard broken but farty.... all first loves relationships unfortunately do not end well...please keep as a treasure all the tricks you have learned with us and keep building the standard of this thread up.

Bye fartyrdjkdywhatever.

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
infinitechaos

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 12:21:02 PM

Ok so I have downloaded Slack..never used it..Do we need to create a team first ? Infinite would you like to organise the initial steps so that we can move over there? This is fantastic. Let's keep this going.

Yes, we'd need to create a 'team' first before using Slack.

I could certainly do this, although it would make most sense if it were done from a team member's e-mail address, otherwise we'd have to go through the steps of handing it over to a team member at some point.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
mav137

Activity: 163

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 12:21:31 PM

Hey Arlyn, Thanks for tuning in again. You really create the community vibe in here.
I mostly skim the thread on news and leave again (especially with the negative vibe around here lately)
But it really is you who does all the work here; thanks for that!
G-Bert

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 12:34:34 PM

Yes, we'd need to create a 'team' first before using Slack.

I could certainly do this, although it would make most sense if it were done from a team member's e-mail address, otherwise we'd have to go through the steps of handing it over to a team member at some point.

I hope this happens. I went to register when we were discussing it last night but soon realised it really needs to be set up initially by a team member.

Arlyn, if you get time, do you fancy setting it up, just to give it a try and see how it goes?

p.s - I found this http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/slack-wp/f2c696d5-8b10-4320-92d8-9ec35c6e6d86

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
infinitechaos

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 12:48:04 PM
Last edit: November 25, 2014, 06:10:50 PM by infinitechaos

I did go ahead and set up a Slack chat for XC so that anyone interested can mess around and see what they think. I think it'll be easy enough to hand it over to an official team member if it turns out Slack is the way the team would like to go.

PM me with your email address for an invite.

xcurrency.slack.com

The free set of features does not allow you to permit guest accounts. And because it is team management software it is designed such that either an invitation or an email address with a company domain is required for registration.

What could be done in the future as well is set up a registration form and link to it from this thread's OP and give people a chance to provide an XC address with a signed message to prove they own X amount of XC in exchange for access to private channels using the registration form. Slack allows the admins to set permissions for each user. ARCH I think has this set up in such a way that it's automated with scripts. You fill out the form, the script verifies you, then sends you an invite to Slack via email. The script also keeps tabs on balances of addresses such that if your balance falls below the minimum amount required for private channels you are immediately booted from the channel. I'm not knowledgeable enough to write such a script, but it's a very cool implementation to consider if someone has that ability.

Edit: You can also get an invite from SouthernBTC and G-Bert as of now.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
SouthernBTC

Activity: 192

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 03:53:27 PM

I did go ahead and set up a Slack chat for XC so that anyone interested can mess around and see what they think. I think it'll be easy enough to hand it over to an official team member if it turns out Slack is the way the team would like to go.

PM me with your email address for an invite.

xcurrency.slack.com

The free set of features does not allow you to permit guest accounts. And because it is team management software it is designed such that either an invitation or an email address with a company domain is required for registration.

What could be done in the future as well is set up a registration form and link to it from this thread's OP and give people a chance to provide an XC address with a signed message to prove they own X amount of XC in exchange for access to private channels using the registration form. Slack allows the admins to set permissions for each user. ARCH I think has this set up in such a way that it's automated with scripts. You fill out the form, the script verifies you, then sends you an invite to Slack via email. The script also keeps tabs on balances of addresses such that if your balance falls below the minimum amount required for private channels you are immediately booted from the channel. I'm not knowledgeable enough to write such a script, but it's a very cool implementation to consider if someone has that ability.

I'm there already, time for people to start trickling in!
reebokasss

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 04:46:08 PM

im tired of waiting something new.. less than 1 BTC volume.. awful.. if this will continues week or more, lets prepare for one more dump (im planning to sell my coins). so lets hope it will change and we will see some movement!

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
battbot

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 04:47:10 PM

Reebokasss, please sell your coins and stop posting here.  You are so annoying...

infinitechaos

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 04:54:37 PM

im tired of waiting something new.. less than 1 BTC volume.. awful.. if this will continues week or more, lets prepare for one more dump (im planning to sell my coins). so lets hope it will change and we will see some movement!

Why don't you sell back and forth to yourself if you get off on volume so much?

How many coins do you have?

I need to know where to set my buy order.

I've got 17k sats on it.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
$howmetheMoney

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 05:14:00 PM

Open source the industry leading anon tech? Are you batshit coocoo?

That's like investors of Apple demanding to see the blue prints for the iPhone before smart phones were a thing.

These are blueprints to create a household name, (think skype app on iphone,droid,windows) anonymous decentralized communications network.

Not only does this communications network exist to preserve privacy of your voice, but also your spending. This technology is being tested and group chat is being added with improved stealth addressees this release.

Enjoy total freedom. XCurrency

IceBreaker, it sounds like you are intimidated by all XCurrency has to offer.

You said it yourself, those projects are OPENLY CROWD SOURCED.

This, XCurrency, is professionally CUSTOM CODED, IN HOUSE. So clearly the source code NEEDS to remain secure.

100% Anonymous + Skype + Visa = XC

Remember these days, these humble beginnings.

There ain't no time like the present.
G-Bert

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 05:32:32 PM

cheer up mate, were all in the same boat. give it time. also, send infinitechaos a pm and get added to slack, its a lot better than this thread Wink

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 06:42:49 PM

Be sure to vote for your favorite in this poll!

[Poll] What anonymous coin will succed?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568166.0;topicseen

Surely XC has more than 10 True Believers...right?   Undecided

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
demgains

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 06:57:39 PM

can u add me to the slack chat thing
Pages: « 1 ... 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 [1615] 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: