Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:21:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]AXIS coin + - Hybrid - X13 - 6M. Android Ticker. MANDATORY WALLET!  (Read 99394 times)
equalizer

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:03:01 PM

For whatever it's worth, this coin's code was reviewed carefully by a pretty smart cookie several days ago and it was given a thumbs up (it wasn't made public - just something this one guy did as a favor to me). I'm surprised that after putting such effort into coding this coin (far more than your typical copy/paste P&D's), the dev isn't interested in staying with it. Says more about him and less about the code, which ultimately is better for the investors/miners who put a lot of BTCs into Axis and are looking for a return.

I'm not a developer so I can't help fill his shoes, but this isn't a junky coin. If we got the right dev(s) on board, this coin could easily moon.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CallMeAXIS (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:05:07 PM

For whatever it's worth, this coin's code was reviewed carefully by a pretty smart cookie several days ago and it was given a thumbs up (it wasn't made public - just something this one guy did as a favor to me). I'm surprised that after putting such effort into coding this coin (far more than your typical copy/paste P&D's), the dev isn't interested in staying with it. Says more about him and less about the code, which ultimately is better for the investors/miners who put a lot of BTCs into Axis and are looking for a return.

I'm not a developer so I can't help fill his shoes, but this isn't a junky coin. If we got the right dev(s) on board, this coin could easily moon.
AXIS is the cleanest X13 (source) coin, as I've mentioned.
It's not a flappy crappy clone coin.

Mike did put a lot of effort into AXIS.
PiOfCube

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:12:28 PM

The only thing I do not like about axis code is the use of IRC for peer discovery. Relying too much on the IRCops not banning the bots which has happened before to other coins and resulted in the short-term failure of the network. However, this can be tackled at some point and I'm willing to provide a few long term nodes to be added into DNS Seeds to help bolster the network if this is going to be a long-term currency.

It can be turned off/on by using "noirc=1" in the config if desired for now.

There is nothing stopping Axis going forward from here and gaining its own value. It is pretty good code and I was very happy to see none of that stupid "donation" code in the source.
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:36:30 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2014, 10:32:35 PM by fonzerrellie

The only thing I do not like about axis code is the use of IRC for peer discovery. Relying too much on the IRCops not banning the bots which has happened before to other coins and resulted in the short-term failure of the network. However, this can be tackled at some point and I'm willing to provide a few long term nodes to be added into DNS Seeds to help bolster the network if this is going to be a long-term currency.

There is nothing stopping Axis going forward from here and gaining its own value. It is pretty good code and I was very happy to see none of that stupid "donation" code in the source.

Thanks for the insight, I need to learn so much more about crypto's, what would be a good thing to google or youtube to learn how to read/understand this type of coding?  and to recognize flaws.

lol for example NJA (ninjacoin)... I think pos should have been at 20% or something, but when I woke up this morning I had earned 10's of millions of stake on my 5000 coins!! lol then went to the ann and WoW such a cluster f#ck. people of course were trying to sell their obviously dirty coins on bittrex (cause most seem to be greedy like that) so now the coin is pretty much un savable without hurting a whole bunch of people when 100's of mill of coins go missing from peoples wallets.

lazy dev not testing their work + greedy people = cluster f#ck  Wink

Love my Axiscoin !! so far so good Cheesy

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
PiOfCube

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:51:42 PM

Thanks for the insight, I need to learn so much more about crypto's, what would be a good thing to google or youtube to learn how to read/understand this type of coding?  and to recognize flaws.

lol for example nja... I think pos should have been at 20% or something, but when I woke up this morning I had earned 10's of millions of stake on my 5000 coins!! lol then went to the ann and WoW such a cluster f#ck. people of course were trying to sell their obviously dirty coins on bittrex (cause most seem to be greedy like that) so now the coin is pretty much un savable without hurting a whole bunch of people when 100's of mill of coins go missing from peoples wallets.

lazy dev not testing their work + greedy people = cluster f#ck  Wink

Love my Axiscoin !! so far so good Cheesy

There are many opportunities being missed in crypto-land. The Raspberry-Pi was designed to bring computing back as a real educational vehicle and is now being used to control ASICs, but I haven't seen much effort being put into combining an educational aspect into both. Teaching how to use the R-Pi for crypto *AND* teaching about the code that makes crypto possible. Also, showing how to look for problems in code to avoid scams, trojans, etc...

More importantly, we need to be seen to be doing things right. Axis seems to have started down this "right" path, let's hope it continues to do so.

I must admit, I am torn here... I want to believe we can have honest code and dev team but I'm not sure if I want to become a "fan boy" and have the rug pulled from under me. Time will tell and I have invested some time and BTC into buying/mining the coin to see how it goes (not just to dump it at 20000 sat either).
parker928

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:09:53 PM

Ok, it has become increasingly obvious to me that the dev if this coin was an absolutely greedy, selfish bastard who dumped his premine and ran off. (I think it would be fair if we removed the 120,000 premine from the original post. it doesnt matter at this point, he dumped all his coins anyway so its basically like there was no premine to begin with)

Looks like it is going to be up to us to make it happen.

I am sorry if anyone feels led astray by my advice on this coin, I did not see this coming, it looks like now we are going to have to do some work and pick up the pieces. One thing we should NOT do, though, is panic sell. Yes, we are all at a loss, but I would rather hold till the death than give up what little chance there is left of getting a reasonable return for my btc. Do you guys agree?

SO

let's begin. First and foremost, everyone should make a post, with their username, stating what skills they have and exactly what they can do for the coin. from there, we can organize ourselves, assign a new dev, (a competent one), and see if we can't get this thing off the ground. I think one of the first things we need to handle is getting everyones wallets properly synced.

I will start. My name is parker, hence my username parker928, I live in virginia. Though I am only 21, My experience with crypto is vast, although most of it is related to mining. I do not actually know how to code anything. I can provide good advertisement, I am reasonably savvy when it comes to the crypto market, and I have a lot of free time on my hands. I know how to work microsoft office stuff pretty well.

So that is what I can bring to the table.

Who is next?
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:40:56 PM

Wow I just got caught up on the dev quitting... that some shitty news callmeaxis, you seemed to be putting some real effort in, sorry yet another tech dev let another good coin down.

my fingers are crossed that another dev already has time or btc invested in Axis and is willing to take on the responsibility. 

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
PiOfCube

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:51:42 PM

Wow I just got caught up on the dev quitting... that some shitty news callmeaxis, you seemed to be putting some real effort in, sorry yet another tech dev let another good coin down.

my fingers are crossed that another dev already has time or btc invested in Axis and is willing to take on the responsibility. 

For some strange reason I missed that huge bold post he made.

I do question what he said though. If it was just about the "coder quitting", why not say this and form a community group?

Anyway... At least some good code was created.

If... and only if... The principles of the coin (no anon feature or other rubbish which will make the coin invalid for legitimate trade) is adhered to, I am very happy to get involved. But if this is going to degenerate into some crazy free-for-all just to hype and dump, I'm not interested.

Anyway, that's my 2 satoshis worth.
parker928

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:57:27 PM

well, for what its worth, I DID just double my stash.

My buy in average was previously 1500, it is now just 750 satoshi lol. If it keeps going down, I will buy some more at around 250 sats.
I am already in, might as well stay in. feel me?

nowhere to go from here but up!
PiOfCube

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:00:25 PM

well, for what its worth, I DID just double my stash.

My buy in average was previously 1500, it is now just 750 satoshi lol. If it keeps going down, I will buy some more at around 250 sats.
I am already in, might as well stay in. feel me?

nowhere to go from here but up!

I'm still buying.
dragodsm

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:08:39 PM

still buying too
shoozooo

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:19:55 PM

Good coin, still buying Smiley

Do we have a coin explorer ?
PiOfCube

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:29:05 PM

Basic but works: http://axis.thedigitalmint.org
parker928

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:53:12 PM

just got tn thousand more =)
shoozooo

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:31:31 AM

Basic but works: http://axis.thedigitalmint.org

Thanks Wink
dogeberet

Activity: 41

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 12:38:59 AM

It would be nice to see the dev(s) starting to chat a bit more. Not just announcing plans but being a little social to help build a community.

It is understandable for people to comment that Axis does look like a wasted coin because of this.

Okay, I'll try to start something off here. If there's objections, fine... Nothing bad meant.

Are there any regular thread readers (or new ones) that would like to contribute something to the coin? If there's any talents "out there", it might be good to get together and see what we have. Then, if it looks like things can move forward, we can do that.

I'd suggest we list a few of our interests, skills and stuff like that. You don't have to be an expert PhotShopper... In fact, it might also be an idea to work out some kind of mentor system so anyone wanting to get into coding, design, art, etc can do so by working with others that have experience and skills.

Just an idea but if we pool talent, we might be able to improve the coin (PLEASE NO SILLY IDEAS SUCH AS ANONYMOUS TRANSACTIONS!) and form a working team to help the devs.

Here's what I might be able to input into this:

Coding skills are fair to decent: PHP, Perl, Python, C++, some lisp, forth, fortran.
Other skills: Photography, image design, music composition, animation, video editing.
Not so good: 3D modelling (e.g. Blender) as my hands aren't so good with the really fine control needed for some manipulation/etc.
Would like to increase knowledge: Languages (as many as possible French, Japanese, etc) just about anything else I don't know already.

Anyway, if you want to add your thoughts, skills, ideas, etc: please do so.

I have no talents - but liked the coin.  PiOfCube - you know where to find me.  Let me know how I can help.
DFiLeR

Activity: 341

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:47:31 AM

I am thinking to handle AXIS to the community.

Our dev isn't interested to work on AXIS anymore. :/

I'm not a programmer. If there's someone who'd like to get the project going further, please PM me.
- You need to be reputable and have at least 150+ activity.

That's all I can do. That's why I've been silent for the past 2 days. Didn't know what to do.

I'd like to apologize to everyone. I though this would be easy.

oh come on! is any effort put into new coins these days, its a great idea but 10 days support?  thanks for looking after my investment AXIS!

I hope you guys can keep this thing alive. Has anyone been in contact with CallMeAXIS about taking over the project?

VRC      VKAE3VC3iPf2FFJsrzirzk4SX6mSrzSUka                  XPM          AeX9teC4y9YMRNVb7726i8u3RTCcMksFG3
BTC       15P73FANUu5rgNcCr4kYVUNiD3tdmgqEuP             HYPER       HL2iRAWRThvAR9kt5NDdEPBhin57tD98hB
PiOfCube

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:48:09 AM

It would be nice to see the dev(s) starting to chat a bit more. Not just announcing plans but being a little social to help build a community.

It is understandable for people to comment that Axis does look like a wasted coin because of this.

Okay, I'll try to start something off here. If there's objections, fine... Nothing bad meant.

Are there any regular thread readers (or new ones) that would like to contribute something to the coin? If there's any talents "out there", it might be good to get together and see what we have. Then, if it looks like things can move forward, we can do that.

I'd suggest we list a few of our interests, skills and stuff like that. You don't have to be an expert PhotShopper... In fact, it might also be an idea to work out some kind of mentor system so anyone wanting to get into coding, design, art, etc can do so by working with others that have experience and skills.

Just an idea but if we pool talent, we might be able to improve the coin (PLEASE NO SILLY IDEAS SUCH AS ANONYMOUS TRANSACTIONS!) and form a working team to help the devs.

Here's what I might be able to input into this:

Coding skills are fair to decent: PHP, Perl, Python, C++, some lisp, forth, fortran.
Other skills: Photography, image design, music composition, animation, video editing.
Not so good: 3D modelling (e.g. Blender) as my hands aren't so good with the really fine control needed for some manipulation/etc.
Would like to increase knowledge: Languages (as many as possible French, Japanese, etc) just about anything else I don't know already.

Anyway, if you want to add your thoughts, skills, ideas, etc: please do so.

I have no talents - but liked the coin.  PiOfCube - you know where to find me.  Let me know how I can help.

I sure do and shall.

It's good code and doesn't need mothering over. It can work just fine as it is for a long time. What is needed is to build a community that will encourage the use through *REAL* work and not just hot air that smells of hype and fud.

The dev may have folded his tent (up to everyone to decide the reasons) but this is a good coin with a good goal... Shame the dev didn't do the right thing and actively encourage "community".

As I've said earlier, if this coin will be moved forward as intended, I'm happy to get involved. If not, I might just fork it and launch my own with the same objectives (different name/genesis/magic). Good solid code and build a community and mentorship system so everyone can gain in more ways than just short term BTC!
DFiLeR

Activity: 341

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:53:14 AM

PiOfCube, I think you would do a great job, hopefully CallMeAXIS can overlook the 150+ activity requirement he has for some reason and let you run with it.

VRC      VKAE3VC3iPf2FFJsrzirzk4SX6mSrzSUka                  XPM          AeX9teC4y9YMRNVb7726i8u3RTCcMksFG3
BTC       15P73FANUu5rgNcCr4kYVUNiD3tdmgqEuP             HYPER       HL2iRAWRThvAR9kt5NDdEPBhin57tD98hB
PiOfCube

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 01:05:05 AM

PiOfCube, I think you would do a great job, hopefully CallMeAXIS can overlook the 150+ activity requirement he has for some reason and let you run with it.

It might be a idea for people to lay out what they would like to see happen with the coin. Explain what they could do to help (even "just" good life-skills is valuable).

Then see what people want. I have turned down many other devs in the past for various reasons, including conflict of interest. I am hesitant to be more than an assistant or advisor, to be honest, mainly because I would have a conflict of interest due to what I would like to have done with this coin. There's other reasons for me not to jump in but I have to see how things go.

I'm so annoyed and frustrated that the coin looked like it was a great base to start an actual currency that could have been used by legitimate businesses. Because of this, I might just throw some caution to the wind and sort out issues at my own end as and when they come up.

Thanks for the supporting comment, it's appreciated.
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: