Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:22:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]AXIS coin + - Hybrid - X13 - 6M. Android Ticker. MANDATORY WALLET!  (Read 99394 times)
drmixa

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:52:35 PM

Is anybody staking this coin out there?

I do - 25k AXIS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
slabhatnik

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:24:07 AM

DAMN.  Defaced is stepping in to offer help.  AXIS devs should listen up as well as the AXIS community.  Defaced is one of the top 5 devs out there guys.... And Defaced- if you're reading this- thanks a lot for offering.  I hope these guys know who the hell you are.

Jordon_RapidCX

Activity: 13

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 04:38:54 AM

AxisCoin has been added to our exchange!

It can be found here: https://www.rapidcx.com/exchange/axis

Happy Trading!
Jordon Norris
Support Technician
Rapid CX
equalizer

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:30:00 AM

Can someone make a list of known problems and ill try to give you some insight on how to fix it.

Thanks for your offer to help Axis, man!
tekke
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:46:01 AM

Can someone make a list of known problems and ill try to give you some insight on how to fix it.
Hey people, hear him out, somebody is throwing us a life jacket
ChrisLandin

Activity: 824
Merit: 501

Osmservices keeps being hacked away from me :-( th

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:00:12 AM

Personally from a wallet point of view its fine, it works, syncs and stakes. POS works for me just fine.

What I think we need now is a team to lead with implementing new features and ideas that would make Axis cutting edge in crypto world.

Very easy for me to say I know but that is what we need, it would also be like the phoenix rising from the ashes.

I don't have a clue about coding, would not know where to start but things like these would be good I think:

1) Anon ( talk of crypto at the moment )
2) Variable interest like VRC ( encourage people to hold and stake not P&D )
3) A slicker wallet design ( Yes I like the Silkcoin wallet but Zimstakes is great too )
4) A team of coders to work on cutting edge ideas ( Would require investment to deliver a team who can deliver innovation )
5) Active promotion of everything we are planning
6) Regular updates communication
7) Our own website / Forum ( like Orangecoin )
8 A community that want Axis to work long term, not so they can cash out there holdings in the next few weeks to recoup what they invested at the beginning.
9) Our own exchange that would convert other alts to Axis / BTC. ( this would be in the future if we made Axis succesfull and a coin people wanted to hold , this would bring in echange fees that after running costs could be reinvested into more features always progressing / improving the coin)
10) Our own multipool ( create some buy pressure on the market to drive price up and make people take note, want to invest and know we are serious about making Axis great )

Just my ideas of course, im very inexperienced in crypto world I just point a miner and that's it but if I knew how to develop I would.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

savale

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 06:51:11 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2014, 08:27:01 AM by savale

As we speak I am already updating the wallet to make it ready for anon implementation and bitcoin 0.9x core

updates will be implemented on this fork:
https://github.com/savale/Axis

Support is appreciated and will help speed up coding new features:

axis:
APfUgJgGxaUVebbmTFFhWUMndQrUuDZ5x9

btc:
1PmDDQQzqhD86K69FvMUA8a2NsJp8sEjZ4

fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 08:39:10 AM

Wow thanks a bunch defaced, some were saying they were having issues syncing but I haven't had any issues with the coin/wallet and was surprised when I saw them give up on it.

deff glad to know we have some experience on the team

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
savale

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 08:57:35 AM

I will probably release a new windows qt wallet today with some fixes / new codebase.
Anon will have high priority as soon as I know the base is stable.

PiOfCube

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 12:46:35 PM

Personally from a wallet point of view its fine, it works, syncs and stakes. POS works for me just fine.

What I think we need now is a team to lead with implementing new features and ideas that would make Axis cutting edge in crypto world.

Very easy for me to say I know but that is what we need, it would also be like the phoenix rising from the ashes.

I don't have a clue about coding, would not know where to start but things like these would be good I think:

3) A slicker wallet design ( Yes I like the Silkcoin wallet but Zimstakes is great too )
4) A team of coders to work on cutting edge ideas ( Would require investment to deliver a team who can deliver innovation )
8) A community that want Axis to work long term, not so they can cash out there holdings in the next few weeks to recoup what they invested at the beginning.
9) Our own exchange that would convert other alts to Axis / BTC. ( this would be in the future if we made Axis succesfull and a coin people wanted to hold , this would bring in echange fees that after running costs could be reinvested into more features always progressing / improving the coin)
10) Our own multipool ( create some buy pressure on the market to drive price up and make people take note, want to invest and know we are serious about making Axis great )

Just my ideas of course, im very inexperienced in crypto world I just point a miner and that's it but if I knew how to develop I would.

1) Seriously... Please... NO!!! We want this to be used by legtimate businesses and putting them at risk of being investigated for money laundering is not a good idea.
2) Maybe... As long as it doesn't break anything when it's added. Only after a complete and long term test.
3) I don't use GUI wallets so that doesn't bother me. Whatever is best for the coin and users.
4) A team of coders, PR people, social media reps... etc etc... Not just one person. :-)
5) Active encouragement without a load of hype would be great.
6) Yep
7) Absolutely.
8) Community and getting merchants to use it will bring about long-term growth and give the coin its own value.
9) Not really needed. Stick with promoting one or two strong and reliable exchanges. Too many people start exchanges without a clue of how much is involved.
10) Maybe though I'm not 100% fond of them but if it is done right...

Just my thoughts :-)
PiOfCube

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 12:50:37 PM

As we speak I am already updating the wallet to make it ready for anon implementation and bitcoin 0.9x core

updates will be implemented on this fork:
https://github.com/savale/Axis

Support is appreciated and will help speed up coding new features:

axis:

btc:

Not to start problems but I would hold off on forking because that's just going to seriously mess up the coin.

Although, you have the absolute right to fork the coin as it is licensed to allow that, it will cause confusion.

There are already devs waiting to help and many people here (with the greatest respect) don't know you or your plans for your fork of this coin.

Regards!
PiOfCube

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 12:52:19 PM

I will probably release a new windows qt wallet today with some fixes / new codebase.
Anon will have high priority as soon as I know the base is stable.

This coin was intended not to have anon. That is why I chose this.

Please reconsider.
savale

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 01:05:58 PM

alrighty I will reconsider ANON. please spam me with some features you do want to see  Cool

as we speak I am updating code to stay more close to the bitcoin source and implement an easier build script for releasing the wallets. I think that would be a good starting point for having a secure base to add new features

PiOfCube

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:20:59 PM

alrighty I will reconsider ANON. please spam me with some features you do want to see  Cool

as we speak I am updating code to stay more close to the bitcoin source and implement an easier build script for releasing the wallets. I think that would be a good starting point for some new features

Some things I would like to see re-implemented in the code: GUI wallet console, RPC and Linux daemon commands.

addnode "node" "add|remove|onetry"
getbestblockhash
getstakinginfo
getsubsidy [nTarget]

Also return the correct values for "hashing" and "Dif" for PoW/PoS (Yeah, I know PoW is over).

EDIT: Remove all traces of IRC and use DNS seeds instead. (Very important) :-)

ChrisLandin

Activity: 824
Merit: 501

Osmservices keeps being hacked away from me :-( th

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:38:34 PM

Cool A community that want Axis to work long term, not so they can cash out there holdings in the next few weeks to recoup what they invested at the beginning.

1) Seriously... Please... NO!!! We want this to be used by legtimate businesses and putting them at risk of being investigated for money laundering is not a good idea.
2) Maybe... As long as it doesn't break anything when it's added. Only after a complete and long term test.
3) I don't use GUI wallets so that doesn't bother me. Whatever is best for the coin and users.
4) A team of coders, PR people, social media reps... etc etc... Not just one person. :-)
5) Active encouragement without a load of hype would be great.
6) Yep
7) Absolutely.
Cool Community and getting merchants to use it will bring about long-term growth and give the coin its own value.
9) Not really needed. Stick with promoting one or two strong and reliable exchanges. Too many people start exchanges without a clue of how much is involved.
10) Maybe though I'm not 100% fond of them but if it is done right...

Just my thoughts :-)

Thanks for your feedback  Smiley

I agree with you totally on Anon but like I said from a valid point of view it does seem to be all the rage at the moment and would possibly drive support.

Glad that we sort of agree on the rest of my ideas Wink

Like I said im no coder so have no ideas as to what and wouldn't work but for me just the general discussion around Axis at present is pleasing as people are getting to voice some good ideas and that I like.

PiOfCube apart from the ideas you have suggested do you have anymore? You seem to be well versed in crypto which is only a good thing imo

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

PiOfCube

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:14:01 PM

Thanks for your feedback  Smiley

I agree with you totally on Anon but like I said from a valid point of view it does seem to be all the rage at the moment and would possibly drive support.

Glad that we sort of agree on the rest of my ideas Wink

Like I said im no coder so have no ideas as to what and wouldn't work but for me just the general discussion around Axis at present is pleasing as people are getting to voice some good ideas and that I like.

PiOfCube apart from the ideas you have suggested do you have anymore? You seem to be well versed in crypto which is only a good thing imo

I wouldn't be able to use Axis as a main coin or promote it to businesses if it had those anon features.

You are right, it does seem to be all the rage but mostly caused by trollbox hypsters using whatever they can to artificially inflate perceived value so they can gain more short-term trading profit (IMHO).

This is even more of an issue when the anonymity function is applied and processed at the exchange. That seriously puts the exchange in jeopardy of being accused and investigated for money laundering. If you read the laws, you will see they purposefully avoid the use of the term cash, money, etc so anything of value can be considered under those laws.

Generally speaking, there are too many "features" being added without real consideration. There are many things that can be done to improve the basic code first so any extra stuff can be built on very solid code.

Just my thoughts.
Altcoin4life

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:21:21 PM

Axis dev, its not too late to turn this coin around. I've been in your position, just throw everything you can into the coin. The more features the better, alts for the most part have a 10-60 day life span. This is a situation where its go big or go home. I'll go buy some more axis just in case Smiley

PiOfCube

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:29:55 PM

Axis dev, its not too late to turn this coin around. I've been in your position, just throw everything you can into the coin. The more features the better, alts for the most part have a 10-60 day life span. This is a situation where its go big or go home. I'll go buy some more axis just in case Smiley

Maybe this is the reason why so many alts have a short life-span?

Shove as much "stuff" as possible into a coin so it can be hyped to the heavens for short-term profit on the exchanges.

The reason I chose Axis was due to the fact it was not going to be just another "SnR, PnD clone-coin with bloat".

If Axis goes down that road, it will be just another one of those. :-(
savale

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 02:30:36 PM

I found out Axis is based on quite old bitcoin source. To update all the libraries and all bitcoin source changes is possible, but also quite a job.

Another approach would be to take the latest bitcoin source and implement the Axis blockchain into there. This will take a bit more time, but Axiscoin will get lots of bugfixes and new features for free.

I feel a bit more for the second approach myself. Any opinions?

(by the way I have no plans at all for forking the blockchain yet)

axis:

btc:

PiOfCube

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:37:10 PM

I found out Axis is based on quite old bitcoin source. To update all the libraries and all bitcoin source changes is possible, but also quite a job.

Another approach would be to take the latest bitcoin source and implement the Axis blockchain into there. This will take a bit more time, but Axiscoin will get lots of bugfixes and new features for free.

I feel a bit more for the second approach myself. Any opinions?

(by the way I have no plans at all for forking the blockchain yet)

axis:

btc:

Yeah. It is safe to say that any coin released these days that still has IRC code in it, is indeed based on old BTC/LTC code (pre many bug-fixes).

I think you are right to suggest going back to base code and adding Axis into that. In the long-run, it would be more prudent to do that IMHO. That is, if there is going to be any changes done at all.

It is still pretty good code but if there's talk of new features, then getting the basics sorted out and working as reliably as possible first should be priority.
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: