It seems there is no innovation except combine NXT with Auroracoin
Guys, do some explaining because at the moment this is just vaporware.
All right maybe we have to more prominently display the innovations and Unique Selling Points. I prefer to not get the insulted feeling of vaporware many times any more! FIMK is not a NXT clone, it is a spin-off with substantial innovative features both inside and outside the technology.
FIMK innovations / USPs as compared to NXT (or any other cryptocurrency):
1. Guaranteed Bitcoin-like block reward keeping the POS algorithm security advantages intact
- FIMK brings the Bitcoin-like guaranteed block reward with halving algorithm to the NXT based Proof-of-Stake cryptocurrency. The Proof-of-Stake model traditionally allowed only "mining" or "forging" earnings from transaction fees. FIMK pays 200 coins to the block finder every 30 secs (average) even when there are no transactions. This is not insignificant, it's a major change in algorithm that affects distribution and adoption incentive drastically.
2. The basic income model of FIMK
- the national distribution model doesn't resemble Auroracoin at all. The only connection is the term "national". Auroracoin rode on the hotness of the term without the public understanding that the plan would inevitably lead to a miserable dumping end after the hype of the first national coin was fully exploited. The FIMK basic income model is on first come first served basis, pays them a small amount monthly, and limits the amount of monthly total distribution. FIMK is designed to attract more active users instead of more active dumpers
. We've never seen anything like this in the crypto world, and very little of it in the traditional national politics worldwide either. It's a new frontier in the attempt to achieve more effectively working macroeconomic structural models
. Consider that term. It's not bullshit.
3. streamlined testnet allowing independent development AND addition of NXT features through code "hot swap" facility
- the automated testnet is NOT a simple addition of web bots that make payments from account to another. It's a comprehensible integration suite prepared with the deep insight of a professional java enterprise level application coder. We can implement individual changes to the FIMK codebase, and we can patch it with the latest NXT updates in the matter of hours. All this while the testnet is humming in the background performing millions of transactions in order to ensure that if there's a small hidden fault in the system (either FIMK or NXT) we are notified of it immediately.
4. 30 second block target.
- not a trivial change, the halving of NXT's one minute target brings FIMK more closely to retail sales application. One minute is too long to wait on the counter. 30 seconds is not. While instant transactions (planned NXT feature, not in the foreseeable near future) are absent this blockchain level improvement is significant for real world adoption prospects
5. National community potential
- did you know that Finland has the highest number of Bitcoin users in the world relative to the number of citizens? Yet this aspect has not been tapped inside the country. There is A SINGLE bitcoin exchanger serving Finns, and not widespread cultivation of the potential for aspiring opportunities from such a dynamic audience. FIMK aims to leverage the power of the community by bringing in something we can work for together, letting the strong national pride flourish along on the side.