Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:09:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Learn & Demand Your Privacy!
Learn Trustless Multisig Technology used in OpenBazaar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK85PCee3pU
Upgraded Trustless Wallet: http://www.mammothcoin.org/MammothCoin31.zip

Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MAMM] MammothCoin | TRUSTLESS WALLET UPDATED! V.3.1 (Mandatory)  (Read 181597 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
remistevens

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:45:46 PM

Mhh I don't know about all these names, so far MammothCoin sounds better.

Don't forget there is a cryptocurrency called "SonicScrewDriver" and another called "PiggyCoin".

Name is not very important but I understand the concern for some users.

Every animal out there has a coin named after it, but not one of them are in the top 50 market caps.
Mammothcoin (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

KoinPro

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:46:25 PM

some piece from alpha tests...

remistevens

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:14:32 PM

some piece from alpha tests...

I haven't had any luck yet myself, but its my own fault. I'm forced onto a really old crappy pc today, even missing some keys. Hopefully I can get it going too, I'm also taking captures of the conversation to post later.
Mammothcoin (OP)

KoinPro

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:20:25 PM

remistevens you have your time i uploaded blockchain for fabula he is going to sync maybe you do also ... we are still on irc few more hours..

boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:41:18 PM

Don't forget there is a cryptocurrency called "SonicScrewDriver" and another called "PiggyCoin".

Totally agree with you. Name doesn't important what really matters is the innovation and technology. That Mammoth is already begin to has. Just need marketing and Mammoth will be to the Moon.
finity

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:53:03 PM

Totally agree with you. Name doesn't important what really matters is the innovation and technology. That Mammoth is already begin to has. Just need marketing and Mammoth will be to the Moon.

True, some names make it easier to market though. As for linking certain ideas and feelings towards a brandname/logo. Marketing 101 lesson 1 pick a good marketable name and logo.

Not saying mammothcoin is a bad name, some people already have negative feelings towards it though, so why not start with a clean slate.
remistevens

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:03:38 PM

True, some names make it easier to market though. As for linking certain ideas and feelings towards a brandname/logo. Marketing 101 lesson 1 pick a good marketable name and logo.

Not saying mammothcoin is a bad name, some people already have negative feelings towards it though, so why not start with a clean slate.

I agree, another good reason to change. New phase, new tech, new coin.
remistevens

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:30:21 PM

keep messaging about your tests please, I'll try and get in on it tomorrow. thanks.
Mammothcoin (OP)

KoinPro

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:30:40 PM

I am going my bad, thread is yours. thank you all testers...

alibabacool

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:25:05 PM

First day of new multisig based trustless anonymous technology came to the end.
I want to say that was very cool. We tested it on real network, it works!
Tomorrow will be more tests, more info. Join to our test to see multisig anonymous feature by youself!
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:30:30 PM

After deleting 300 posts i do not know what is fud what is not sorry about it. Some fud comes with automation they even attacked there. the thread i opened https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=736995.msg8336146#msg8336146 I am these days overly stressed, i am sorry if i break any heart, usually i am happy ... I can accept constructive criticism this name change issue is one if them, 
I wish you the best of luck with the coin.  Smiley
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:32:02 PM

Tomorrow will be more tests, more info. Join to our test to see multisig anonymous feature by youself!
Congratulations. How many coins were transferred?
finity

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:32:17 PM

Could the persons 1-upping my orders stop doing that for like a day  Tongue Thank you kindly
remistevens

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:09:26 AM

Congratulations. How many coins were transferred?

They did several transfers. With 4-5 on the network I believe. Mammdev, Superdev, Fabula. I only relate as I watched the conversation. By the time I had the new blockchain in, they were done so I missed out. . . All transactions were small amounts, like less than 2MAMM. All transactions seemed to work and everyone re-synced after. They all seemed to be able to verify how the transactions occurred also. Guarantor was being doled out randomly as hoped. . .There was mention of something minor that i didn't understand, but they seemed keen on figuring it out and fixing. Overall everyone seemed very happy with how it worked. I never did sync, but I got to see the new wallet and fancy new supersend graphic on it.
remistevens

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:13:57 AM

Escrow Coin
Guarantor Coin
remistevens

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:16:26 AM

Since its SuperSend technology, and it will be available on Super and Mamm. Maybe the names are

Supercoin

and

Sendcoin
remistevens

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:33:02 AM

Sendercoin?

I know I'm off of nature entirely, but the 'send' options are pretty catchy i think and not yet used. The species preservation aspect can be prominent in everything else website, videos, logo, charity commitments etc. . .

Consider that if all goes well, the new tech will get enough attention that people will be checking it out in large numbers. Thousands of hits per day. More than enough traffic to get the environmental message across. Also, companies can be known for supporting the arts, the environment etc.. ., they don't need to have it stated right in their name for people to know it.
Kuriso

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:25:51 AM

looks like people are talking about new branding for Mammoth.  I think a re-branding would be a good idea.  Here's a couple ideas.  These may not be that great but maybe they could spinoff some more ideas.

SR
Super Reserve
A rarer reserve currency for SuperCoin

SR reminds me of the SR-71.  Super fast.  Super secret.

BCR
BitCipher - Anonymous crypto currency made easy

CC
CryptoCash
CryptoCache

CX
Cryptex

CB
CyberBit
CipherBit

ANB
Anonybit

LBT
Libertatis (Latin for Liberty) - Liberating the world from fiat
or
Libertad (Latin for Freedom) - Liberating the world from fiat

If any new coins pop up with these names, I want to be paid a bounty for use of said name Smiley
digi123

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:26:29 AM

Hello all,

I don't mean any disrespect to the dev's or community here,
But  I think Mammothcoin is a ridiculous name for monetary value, and I think you should change it if you want anyone to take you seriously, and if you want to support animal rights just have it as a side thing.

This is all about serious monetary exchange, not animal things.

Anyway that's what I think.

@if changing name will help yes we can do that but i wonder whats the difference between doge coin or cat coin or mammoth coin
if you think mammoth is death animal we can better promote animal rights because its a lost beauty, we miss it and we can not find it anymore, if we keep rape animal rights this is what is going to happen no more animals on earth,includes human race
animal rights also gurantee human rights if animals respected enough. We can live in this planet peacefully, These are my poor ideas we can of course enchange it to the level of perfection.

I completely respect your concerns for animals and for the human race.
You put this coin together and its your ball game. I admire your bringing your concerns and tech together in the way you are thinking.

when I look at these coins as I have stated on the old supercoin thread, to me its simply (S.A.S) Security, Anonymity, and Speed (S.A.S. being my little fun pun kinda thing).

But when people are transferring money or what supposed to represent money they are not thinking about animal rights they just want the job of monetary transfer to be done. That's the job of a coin, its exchange of one thing for another with a fungible asset. If people recognize this coin as such then it will have more success. If they don't then not so.

If I'm buying something with my money. I'm not thinking about how many animals I'm saving (although it might be nice to), I'm thinking that the exchange happens and I get my goods I ordered without any problems.

As far as dogecoin goes I never brought into it for 2 reasons,
1. there are to many of them.
2. It sounded like a joke and i considered it a joke.
I think they done some great marketing and that was it.

It takes all things to come together to make something great.
These things are up in the air and who knows what will happen, I just try to tick as many boxes as possible.

I brought a few mammothcoins because of the supersend tech behind it, but only for that reason. Then when I got to know about the animal connection it was nice, but not why I brought some. It was the tech and only the tech.

Now noticing that a name change is a possibility, I think just try and make it a better name and not just change for the sake of something different. Otherwise it would be best to leave it asis.

I think as has been suggested maybe something of a technical sound. And or related to money and/or a relationship to the actual tech of the coin itself.

Don't try and rush it and be really sure yourself and community are happy about it.

remistevens

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 02:25:23 AM

Hello all,

I don't mean any disrespect to the dev's or community here,
But  I think Mammothcoin is a ridiculous name for monetary value, and I think you should change it if you want anyone to take you seriously, and if you want to support animal rights just have it as a side thing.

This is all about serious monetary exchange, not animal things.

Anyway that's what I think.

@if changing name will help yes we can do that but i wonder whats the difference between doge coin or cat coin or mammoth coin
if you think mammoth is death animal we can better promote animal rights because its a lost beauty, we miss it and we can not find it anymore, if we keep rape animal rights this is what is going to happen no more animals on earth,includes human race
animal rights also gurantee human rights if animals respected enough. We can live in this planet peacefully, These are my poor ideas we can of course enchange it to the level of perfection.

I completely respect your concerns for animals and for the human race.
You put this coin together and its your ball game. I admire your bringing your concerns and tech together in the way you are thinking.

when I look at these coins as I have stated on the old supercoin thread, to me its simply (S.A.S) Security, Anonymity, and Speed (S.A.S. being my little fun pun kinda thing).

But when people are transferring money or what supposed to represent money they are not thinking about animal rights they just want the job of monetary transfer to be done. That's the job of a coin, its exchange of one thing for another with a fungible asset. If people recognize this coin as such then it will have more success. If they don't then not so.

If I'm buying something with my money. I'm not thinking about how many animals I'm saving (although it might be nice to), I'm thinking that the exchange happens and I get my goods I ordered without any problems.

As far as dogecoin goes I never brought into it for 2 reasons,
1. there are to many of them.
2. It sounded like a joke and i considered it a joke.
I think they done some great marketing and that was it.

It takes all things to come together to make something great.
These things are up in the air and who knows what will happen, I just try to tick as many boxes as possible.

I brought a few mammothcoins because of the supersend tech behind it, but only for that reason. Then when I got to know about the animal connection it was nice, but not why I brought some. It was the tech and only the tech.

Now noticing that a name change is a possibility, I think just try and make it a better name and not just change for the sake of something different. Otherwise it would be best to leave it asis.

I think as has been suggested maybe something of a technical sound. And or related to money and/or a relationship to the actual tech of the coin itself.

Don't try and rush it and be really sure yourself and community are happy about it.

I agree completely. And I've never owned a doge for the same reasons.

There is a slim chance an all encompassing charity coin would succeed, as it is a big industry, but it doesn't fit with these technicals. Mammoth is all about being anonymous, when you donate money you try to be as public as possible. It just doesn't fit. It makes more sense to market the coin strictly as a currency. When that succeeds, you can sell some at a profit and donate to applicable charities. A charitable anonymous dev makes more sense than a charitable anonymous currency.

I also take back something I said earlier. I support the devs remaining anonymous. Its an anonymous currency, better it not be officially attached to anyone. Let the code speak for itself. Like anonymity, this is another thing about bitcoin that ended up letting people down. . . .
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 »
  Print  

Jump to: