Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:03:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DCM] Digital Commerce 1.35 Mil coins 100% POS/Soon Anon/Accounting wallet.  (Read 82554 times)
steady712

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:46:33 AM

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
06/13/2014

DIGITAL COMMERCE (DCM) AND BITCOINPLUS (XBC)
JOIN FORCES IN VENDOR ADOPTION PROGRAM

Digital Commerce (DCM) and BitcoinPlus (XBC) are two young altcoins who have each faced a successful launch and ICD (Initial Coin Distribution), followed by a distinct set of hardships. It is a credit to both coins that they prevailed during bleak times and that their development teams and communities took the situation as a challenge to move their respective projects forward.

Digital Commerce has prevailed over the irresponsible behavior of one of it's former developers but the resulting negative attention has overshadowed the successful completion of it's ICD and the positive spirit which prevailed after this successful launch. The result was that many initial investors sold their coins which resulted in a sharp drop of the coin price, pushing it well below the ICD level.

BitcoinPlus was left in dire straits when the original developer abandoned the project without a fully working wallet and took the bulk of the ICD funds with him. From the excited community which had already gathered around the coin, a new team was formed and managed to produce a new PoS wallet and website while organizing the community into action on many fronts so that the coin's standing could be improved while not having access to any ICD funds.

Both coins have mastered their respective crises and are determined to move forward but now face a more difficult market position than was initially anticipated. While these coins are on many levels very similar, the difference in the number of coins available for each coin suggest that they will be aimed at and used in different market segments. It is the similar but complementary nature of these coins which suggests that they can coexist next to each other without competing against one another.

It is against this background that the development teams of both coins have decided to join forces on their vendor adoption program as a method of leveraging each others strength. After careful deliberation, both teams came to the conclusion that such a collaboration will create a win-win situation for both coins.

Specifically, both coins vendor recruitment programs will continue to exist as separate entities but vendors will be encouraged to accept both coins rather than just one. In addition to this, both coins will make use of the vendor portal which is to be developed, helping each other to attract consumers and to provide a broad range of products for sale.

The respective support communities will remain separate in an effort to allow them to develop and maintain their separate identities.

Under this agreement, Digital Commerce gains the following benefits:

Access to preliminary source code for the vendor portal which has been developed by the XBC team so far
Access to translations and other wallet improvements as implemented by the XBC team
Access to XBC's strong community for use in the vendor recruitment programs

while BitcoinPlus gains the following benefits:

Access to the final vendor portal which will be developed under direction of the DCM team
Access to the payment gateway integration which has been negotiated by the DCM team
Access to a seasoned marketing and public relations officer.

Both teams strongly believe that this agreement allows each coin to build on it's respective strengths while leveraging the strengths and advantages of the other coin and it's team. We feel that such an approach to the market will be more successful than keeping the respective vendor recruitment programs projects separated.

“We build too many walls and not enough bridges.”
― Isaac Newton

- The Digital Commerce and BitcoinPlus teams

Please join the #xbc IRC as well as the #dcom IRC to keep tabs on everything, and grow the community.

Shocked Good news. Welcome to our new brothers. I hope we can grow together.
legacyfighter

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:49:57 AM

This is pretty exciting. This could really turn into something great. I've actually been wondering what it would be like if two currencies began working together. This will be exciting, and great for both coins
merk475

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:51:48 AM

This is pretty exciting. This could really turn into something great. I've actually been wondering what it would be like if two currencies began working together. This will be exciting, and great for both coins

It might be time for me to reconsider a position in XBC again.  Might be nice to hold both.

Edited to add:  I also wondered what it would be like for two coins to work together, and I'm surprised its taken this long for someone to do it.
Kreativekrypto

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:58:53 AM

It might be time for me to reconsider a position in XBC again.  Might be nice to hold both.

Edited to add:  I also wondered what it would be like for two coins to work together, and I'm surprised its taken this long for someone to do it.

Thank you Merk, Legacy, And Steady for understanding the benefits of this collaboration. Our teams appreciate all your kind words. The XBC and DCM communities will be much stronger working together than apart. Holding both coins is not a bad thing, it is a good one. Now back to work for me, have a good night/day everyone!
steady712

Activity: 121

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:15:24 AM

We´re alive and going up  Grin

sdersdf2

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:27:52 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 07:29:51 AM by sdersdf2

I'm assuming you're referring to my address (14Hu2iKL6Q3aWZzeTvvJLSYy5hcNRobN2v) whose blockchain info also confused me.

Frist what you see is that I received 2 payments of 22.2698 BTC. This was of course in error and one of those payments was sent on to AHumanBeingX as his part of the IPO share. You then see a withdrawal of 2 BTC and another apparent withdrawal of 20.2698 BTC. However, the only real withdrawal shown on that page is 2 BTC.

I was confused myself of the way the blockchain displays this info as well, but I talked to our wallet/blockchain expert (whom I consider Dr. Wallet and Prof. Blockchain) and he assured me that this was quite normal. The remaining sum, after subtracting 2BTC from the original amount, is returned to the wallet. An outsider looking at the blockchain can not tell whether this amount was returned or sent somewhere else. He knows 100x more about this stuff than I do so I'll take his word on this. The only thing I can assure you is that this page only displays a withdrawal of 2BTC.

I hope this settles the issue. I'm getting sort of tired of having to explain myself here every 2 days. If we wanted to scam you we would have taken the funds, ran away and you would have never heard from us again.

It is tiresome, but lets face it, the cryptocoin universe is a swamp, a lot of people have been badly burned on a lot of different coins so there is *justified* skepticism about everything all around. Also, the amount of reading you have to do to keep up with what's going on on multiple coins is enormous and the format here on bitcointalk is not ideal for doing so.

Basically, if you're going to ask people who are going through all this for their hard earned money, which is getting ever harder to earn in a shitty economy, you're just going to have to deal with it and try to maintain a consistently professional and dispassionate demeanor if you're going to restore faith in this coin and confidence in your management of it. Tempers are short everywhere and there's a lot of very good reasons they are.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:23:25 AM

Almost there guys... just up your purchase price and I'll be able to unload my DCM!!

BTW... xbc and dcm teaming up.. LMAO.... Pulling at strings eh!

HAHAHAHA.
ahumanbeingx

Activity: 221

"The only real valuable thing is intuition."

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:56:53 AM

Every alt-text popup possible gets cut off. Heres one of many examples.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9un8tjd5p08durc/Alt-Text.png

The Send Coins tab has some glitches too. When choosing the format to display how much DCM is being sent, it acts kinda funky and doesnt display without you hovering over it. Then when you do, it stays highlighted.
When you hover over the amount, the background color for the form pulses (best word to describe it) between light blue and white.
If youre using the Coin Control feature, the "Inputs..." button doesnt really look like a button.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rvtyjgz8o76ipor/DropDown.png

The Transactions drop downs do the same thing.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r3mx6ytf60fuaxd/Transactions.png

I understand the color and button changes are supposed to make it look sleep and appealing but i feel that it only makes it look messy. Like so.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l1g3uwy5wk51hp7/Unlock.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6v3925qglht3egj/Debug.png

Has anyone here seen the CommunityCoin wallet? Thats got to be the cleanest and best functioning wallet i have ever seen not counting the Bitcoin wallet. Especially the best i have seen for a POS wallet.

This is a very good review of some the graphical bugs in the wallet. We will have Lucas run through the GUI code and take care of most of the errors in time for the next wallet release.

We appreciate the time you took to put together this list. Thanks!

Developing the future of crypto.
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:51:07 AM

Alright... i dont understand. How can people buy DCM at 0.000115 while the bid is just at 0.000072....

We need Bids people! Be patient and put in bids, do not buy the ask-price. With a bit of patience you can get the coins like 35% cheaper....

Start trading with placing bids, its better for the stability of the coin.

Nevertheless... its good to see the coin getting back on track! Smart choice of the Devs to work toegether with XBC and announce it with the press-statement.

Keep voting Poloniex btw guys!
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:48:48 AM

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
06/13/2014

DIGITAL COMMERCE (DCM) AND BITCOINPLUS (XBC)
JOIN FORCES IN VENDOR ADOPTION PROGRAM

Digital Commerce (DCM) and BitcoinPlus (XBC) are two young altcoins who have each faced a successful launch and ICD (Initial Coin Distribution), followed by a distinct set of hardships. It is a credit to both coins that they prevailed during bleak times and that their development teams and communities took the situation as a challenge to move their respective projects forward.

Digital Commerce has prevailed over the irresponsible behavior of one of it's former developers but the resulting negative attention has overshadowed the successful completion of it's ICD and the positive spirit which prevailed after this successful launch. The result was that many initial investors sold their coins which resulted in a sharp drop of the coin price, pushing it well below the ICD level.

BitcoinPlus was left in dire straits when the original developer abandoned the project without a fully working wallet and took the bulk of the ICD funds with him. From the excited community which had already gathered around the coin, a new team was formed and managed to produce a new PoS wallet and website while organizing the community into action on many fronts so that the coin's standing could be improved while not having access to any ICD funds.

Both coins have mastered their respective crises and are determined to move forward but now face a more difficult market position than was initially anticipated. While these coins are on many levels very similar, the difference in the number of coins available for each coin suggest that they will be aimed at and used in different market segments. It is the similar but complementary nature of these coins which suggests that they can coexist next to each other without competing against one another.

It is against this background that the development teams of both coins have decided to join forces on their vendor adoption program as a method of leveraging each others strength. After careful deliberation, both teams came to the conclusion that such a collaboration will create a win-win situation for both coins.

Specifically, both coins vendor recruitment programs will continue to exist as separate entities but vendors will be encouraged to accept both coins rather than just one. In addition to this, both coins will make use of the vendor portal which is to be developed, helping each other to attract consumers and to provide a broad range of products for sale.

The respective support communities will remain separate in an effort to allow them to develop and maintain their separate identities.

Under this agreement, Digital Commerce gains the following benefits:

Access to preliminary source code for the vendor portal which has been developed by the XBC team so far
Access to translations and other wallet improvements as implemented by the XBC team
Access to XBC's strong community for use in the vendor recruitment programs

while BitcoinPlus gains the following benefits:

Access to the final vendor portal which will be developed under direction of the DCM team
Access to the payment gateway integration which has been negotiated by the DCM team
Access to a seasoned marketing and public relations officer.

Both teams strongly believe that this agreement allows each coin to build on it's respective strengths while leveraging the strengths and advantages of the other coin and it's team. We feel that such an approach to the market will be more successful than keeping the respective vendor recruitment programs projects separated.

“We build too many walls and not enough bridges.”
― Isaac Newton

- The Digital Commerce and BitcoinPlus teams

Please join the #xbc IRC as well as the #dcom IRC to keep tabs on everything, and grow the community.

1 word... moon

I wanna see the price go to 0.01 at least
Kreativekrypto

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:37:33 PM

Miners please point some hash power at the DCM multipool http://dcm.multipoolmining.com this gives Digital Commerce some continual buy support and shows a healthy services network.

Also, if you haven't, stop in and say hi in the #xbc irc or their thread. They have some good ideas as well for community builders.

One more thing, I was thinking about organizing a sponsorship for a league of legends or dota event to give competing teams the chance to win DCM and XBC. We could even have someone (who knows these games better than I) host the tournament on twitch.TV then crown the winners. This is something I have wanted to do in the past and got sidetracked. If anyone in the community can help me organize this it would be fantastic. I would do the commentary myself but lack the intimate game knowledge to do this part justice. Pm me or post here, thanks all!!!

Edit: funds will come from the DCM bounty address on our OP.
arguelles84

Activity: 285

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:30:18 PM

Miners please point some hash power at the DCM multipool http://dcm.multipoolmining.com this gives Digital Commerce some continual buy support and shows a healthy services network.

Also, if you haven't, stop in and say hi in the #xbc irc or their thread. They have some good ideas as well for community builders.

One more thing, I was thinking about organizing a sponsorship for a league of legends or dota event to give competing teams the chance to win DCM and XBC. We could even have someone (who knows these games better than I) host the tournament on twitch.TV then crown the winners. This is something I have wanted to do in the past and got sidetracked. If anyone in the community can help me organize this it would be fantastic. I would do the commentary myself but lack the intimate game knowledge to do this part justice. Pm me or post here, thanks all!!!

Edit: funds will come from the DCM bounty address on our OP.

This is a bloody great idea. Great publicity, and if you get the community from those games behind you, then moon.
Wallenstein

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:08:33 PM

Thank you Merk, Legacy, And Steady for understanding the benefits of this collaboration. Our teams appreciate all your kind words. The XBC and DCM communities will be much stronger working together than apart. Holding both coins is not a bad thing, it is a good one. Now back to work for me, have a good night/day everyone!

I just want to say that we're all very happy that the communities from both DCM and XBC have reacted in an extremely positive manner to our announcement. It has managed to push DCM's price up to just around IPO level and also XBC seems to have gained a little. We are positive that this collaboration will help both coins move forward.

Like KreativeKrypto said, head over to the XBC community forums at https://xbcplus.com/community/ and introduce yourself. XBC has an active community with some really active and creative members.

I know everybody wants a higher coin price, but we're up almost 100% from the low (+- 0.0005) of a few days ago. Lets take this as a positive sign for the future work together on the both coin's success.
doch

Activity: 371

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:19:42 PM

Now that I've moved coins from the exchange to my wallet, everytime i open up my wallet it freezes up. It won't do anything.. Any idea on how to fix this?

I've had this happen from time to time over the years with various wallets, the way I fixed it was by first saving your wallet.dat file then delete all other files in the dcom folder and relaunch the wallet qt exe. It redownloads the wallet files, then close your Wallet after it fully syncs, then swap the saved wallet.dat (your original) back in the folder, open your wallet back up and it should be fine.

hmmm whenever i go to open up the file location. Its in a zip folder. when i open the zip folder, all i have is the qt, aka the application launch. I can't seem to find the wallet.dat file . I feel like i'm forgetting to do something stupid.

You are looking for a hidden folder, in explorer make sure you turn hidden files on through the menu then go to C:\Users\"your computer's name"\AppData\Roaming\dCom Make a copy of your wallet.dat and save it, then follow the directions i posted for there.

I'm having the same problem as legacyfighter and I've done all this stuff multiple times but the wallet hangs every time I open it. The debug file shows that I'm on the current block and connected to peers but the GUI only ever shows (out of sync) and stops responding when I try to do anything. I'm on Win7 64-bit btw.

Any fix for this? Tried everything I can think of and it still isn't working.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:21:05 PM

I will do an nice blog post tomorrow for DCM..Just getting past a migraine and some computer woes..The Coin is looking healthy now.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
tacee

Activity: 386

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:33:27 PM

wish some day the price of DCM could rise as high as XBC did  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
MkEM2012

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:39:57 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 09:32:42 PM by MkEM2012

In my wallet that does not work mines.
What could be wrong?  Huh

Wallenstein

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:42:20 PM

I will do an nice blog post tomorrow for DCM..Just getting past a migraine and some computer woes..The Coin is looking healthy now.

Thanks Qi, it's appreciated.
Wallenstein

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:43:21 PM

wish some day the price of DCM could rise as high as XBC did  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

It probably will. Be patient, you can't expect these things to happen overnight if you want the growth to be sustainable.
merk475

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:08:59 PM

wish some day the price of DCM could rise as high as XBC did  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

It probably will. Be patient, you can't expect these things to happen overnight if you want the growth to be sustainable.

+1.  And I for one, would love to be part of a stable coin for once.  There aren't too many out there (BTC, BC, VTC).  The notion of being able to set it and forget it would be awesome, instead of having to check every day to make sure that the coin hasn't lost 80% of it's value.  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: