Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:53:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HMY] HarmonyCoin|New Wallets|Live On Bittrex|X13|100% POS  (Read 86959 times)
dogeberet

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 02:44:06 PM

This went well...  Cheesy
Any word from the dev team?
CryptoSkills

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

BitCoin, webdesign and coding.

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:53:11 PM

Mhhh in the first step i was trsting because no proof to accuse...but now it seems that also dev team doesn't say nothing about so...i already requested Bittrex to cancel my IPO.
 Undecided
AbiusGMIU

Activity: 192

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:55:28 PM

This went well...  Cheesy
Any word from the dev team?

Appears not  Grin

I'm guessing things aren't going too well since people are already trying to sell out of the IPO
cascorp

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:11:02 PM

well i'd like to say , give the team a chance to prove  themselves  Wink

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/  Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:17:18 PM

Why buy this for 6k sat when you can buy a more promising DCM with 6x less total coins at 3k sat right now?
dav1199

Activity: 207

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:17:41 PM

And what did DCM invent exactly ? They had a successful IPO like a bunch of other coins before .. Other than that it is a copypaste like pretty much every other coin out there.
They copied the ann post ? .. big deal lol.
I don't get the FUD here .. DCM have been successful, good, leave the other coins alone. The IPO may be expensive but other than that.. No reason to spam scam , if the ipo fail it fail anyway.
dav1199

Activity: 207

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:24:36 PM

Pretty much every other ann out there is a copy of another...
Presenting the team is a good idea. Should be a compliment for the DCM team that they did this right and i guess it will get copied over and over again.
I just don't get the bashing but w/e , it don't take anything from DCM. Good luck to both teams.
CryptoAdvisor

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:46:28 PM

We really don't appreciate how much FUD you guys are all spreading. We honestly want to create one of the most successful coins in cryptos, and know that this IPO will allow us to do that. No one is trying to run. No one is trying to hide behind any walls. We are right here.
CryptoAdvisor

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:52:06 PM

And what did DCM invent exactly ? They had a successful IPO like a bunch of other coins before .. Other than that it is a copypaste like pretty much every other coin out there.
They copied the ann post ? .. big deal lol.
I don't get the FUD here .. DCM have been successful, good, leave the other coins alone. The IPO may be expensive but other than that.. No reason to spam scam , if the ipo fail it fail anyway.

Its not about copy or not copy.
Its about how lazy you are.

Proving that you are not even capable to write some introduction for your fresh developed coin.
That's something that will fail hard...

The only things that is copied between us and DCM is the format of the ann thread. None of what we wrote is the same, and the coin is completely different. We have put a ton of work behind this coin, and it's not fair that a few people can spread so much hate, when we know the potentital that this coin has.
cascorp

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:53:44 PM

We really don't appreciate how much FUD you guys are all spreading. We honestly want to create one of the most successful coins in cryptos, and know that this IPO will allow us to do that. No one is trying to run. No one is trying to hide behind any walls. We are right here.
keep moving  Smiley

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/  Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
TheCoinFinder
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 04:11:36 PM

So the IPO is being escrowed by Bittrex.. right?

All the coin devs are willing to identify themselves?

All the trades/such will be transparent and involve 0 trust of the coin devs?

.Deviant.io.                ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄
             ▄█▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄
           ██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
         ▄█▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄
        ▐█░░░▄████████████████▄░░
        █▌░░███▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▌▐█
        █▌░░█████▌  ▐▄▄   ██████░▐█
        ██░░▀██████████████████░▒██
        ▄██▄▄███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀███▄░▄███▄
     ▄██▓▓▓██▓▓███▀▀▒▒▒▀▀███▓▓██▓▓▓▓██
    ▐█▓▓▓▓█▓██▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▀████▓█▓▓▓
    ▀███████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀█▒▒▒████████▀
      ▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄█▀▒▒█▒██▀▒████▀
      ▐█▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▓▓▓▒▀▒▒▒▒▓██▓█▌
      ██▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒██▓████▓▒▒▒▓▓▒███▓█▌
      ▐█▓██▒▒▒▒███▀▒▒▒█▌▓▓▓██▀▒██▓█▌
       ██▒█▌▒▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▌▓██▀▒▒▒▒█▒██
        ██▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒██
         ▀█▓▓██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██▓▓█▀
           ▀██▒▀█████▄█████▀▓██▀
         ▄▄▓▓▓█████▄▄▓▄▄█████▓▓▄▄

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▀▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓        ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓               ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓               ▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▄▄         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓         ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀      ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌

░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓²         ` ║▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓              ╢▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓Γ    ▓╥  ╓▓┐    ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓     ╙`   ╙     ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓╥   ─,,  ,,─   ╓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓   `▓▓▓▀        ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▌            ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓       ,▄▄▓▓   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▄,▄▄   ▐▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▀ '▀▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▓▀▀▀       ▄▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀       ▄▄▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▄,▄▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
CryptoAdvisor

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:17:30 PM

So the IPO is being escrowed by Bittrex.. right?

All the coin devs are willing to identify themselves?

All the trades/such will be transparent and involve 0 trust of the coin devs?

Yes, this is all correct. A couple people managed to taint the thread by spreading fud, and then it snowballed. Everything here is transparent.
Bittrex-Bill

Activity: 179

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:37:19 PM

Hi everyone,

The standard Bittrex caveats apply here:  
Please know and understand what you are trading.  Research the people involved and the coin.  We have no involvement with the development of the coin.

Here's what we're doing:
1) During the IPO period, all BTC funds are locked.  The HMY team does not have access to it.

After the IPO, we will:
1) compile the wallet from public source
2) verify the network integrity through test transfers
3) destroy any unsold units from the pre-sale
4) hold the BTC funds for an additional 24 hours

If you have questions or concerns, feel free to DM me.
Bill

griffitsj

Activity: 215

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:53:38 PM

Hi everyone,

Please know and understand what you are trading.  Research the people involved and the coin.  We have no involvement with the development of the coin.

Here's what we're doing:
1) During the IPO period, all BTC funds are locked.  The HMY team does not have access to it.

After the IPO, we will:

Bill

Sounds quite reasonable to me.
CryptoAdvisor

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:03:16 PM

Hi everyone,

Here's what we're doing:

After the IPO, we will:

Bill

Sounds quite reasonable to me.

Thank you for stopping by Bill, and it is very fair. We took all the measures we could take to make a fair and safe IPO. Just because one or two people start spreading fud and being negative that doesn't mean that the coin is bad, most of what they say isn't even accurate. We are in no way a copy of DCM, unless you consider having a similar thread template a copy. Our coin is a different algo, has a different structure, and has different long-term plans. We are here to make this succeed, and won't let a little negativity early on keep us down.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:16:12 PM

Hi everyone,

Here's what we're doing:

After the IPO, we will:

Bill

Have you maybe considered that it may not be in your exchange's best interest to constantly offer ipos so close to one another? Especially ipos that basically copy the ipo you just held?

If ipos occur every couple of days, you'll run them into the ground. Some standards need to be in place. DCM did it right... doesn't mean we now need 20 copies of that same ipo.
CryptoAdvisor

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:19:47 PM

Hi everyone,

Here's what we're doing:

After the IPO, we will:

Bill

Have you maybe considered that it may not be in your exchange's best interest to constantly offer ipos so close to one another? Especially ipos that basically copy the ipo you just held?

If ipos occur every couple of days, you'll run them into the ground. Some standards need to be in place. DCM did it right... doesn't mean we now need 20 copies of that same ipo.

This is something we talked about with Bittrex, and are they planning on only doing one a week potentially after HMY. The only similarity between us and DCM is the thread. If we make a new thread that we will try to make as different as possible from DCM, will that help you understand that we're not the same coin?
qiwoman

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:22:03 PM

Hi everyone,

Here's what we're doing:

After the IPO, we will:

Bill

This is something we talked about with Bittrex, and are they planning on only doing one a week potentially after HMY. The only similarity between us and DCM is the thread. If we make a new thread that we will try to make as different as possible from DCM, will that help you understand that we're not the same coin?

I sincerely wish you all the best success but after the morning of blatant attacks I had on poloniex trollbox and accusations to my person I just feel like hibernating from cryptos altogether..but i always give every coin benefit of the doubt..I think that is at least fair..
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:27:20 PM

One a week? Once a month would be plenty. And that even assumes there is one decent coin a month to run as an ipo. If you said every 2 weeks, maybe, if decent coins were available. It usually takes a new ipo coin 2-3 weeks to even find its floor. What may occur is simply propagating the pump and dump mindset even more than it already is, where people will hop from ipo to ipo... until they aren't profitable. And then the entire thing gets run into the ground and crashes, where nobody trusts ipo coins at all.

And yes, the thread is the similarity. That is the problem. If a dev copies another coin's work (I don't mean open source code, but the thread in this case), it does make one question both the integrity of the developer and their judgement. People already are skeptical of all ipos... they see you start a new one, copying the same exact format as a recent popular coin.

What should they think? Hey, this guy is honest and knows what he is doing? Or this guy is doing a quick money grab, doesn't have morals, and just goes around copying the same exact ann format that belongs to another coin?
CryptoAdvisor

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:33:31 PM

One a week? Once a month would be plenty. And that even assumes there is one decent coin a month to run as an ipo. If you said every 2 weeks, maybe, if decent coins were available. It usually takes a new ipo coin 2-3 weeks to even find its floor. What may occur is simply propagating the pump and dump mindset even more than it already is, where people will hop from ipo to ipo... until they aren't profitable. And then the entire thing gets run into the ground and crashes, where nobody trusts ipo coins at all.

And yes, the thread is the similarity. That is the problem. If a dev copies another coin's work (I don't mean open source code, but the thread in this case), it does make one question both the integrity of the developer and their judgement. People already are skeptical of all ipos... they see you start a new one, copying the same exact format as a recent popular coin.

What should they think? Hey, this guy is honest and knows what he is doing? Or this guy is doing a quick money grab, doesn't have morals, and just goes around copying the same exact ann format that belongs to another coin?

We have restructured the thread a bit, and will continue restructuring the thread, to make it as different as possible. The problem is that every thread pretty much holds the same information, so we'll have always have: Wallets, Blockchain, Exchanges, Pools, an explanation of the IPO, the team. That will be on any thread. The main thing that matters in our opinion is the coin, and the goals that the coin is working towards. Is that not what makes each coin different?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: