Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:21:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Minerals development - top priority
E-sports Betting services + wallet betting features - 254 (48.7%)
Anonymity development - 135 (25.9%)
Multipool further development - 28 (5.4%)
SC2 tournaments - 56 (10.7%)
Wallet improvements (chat, price, better design) - 49 (9.4%)
Total Voters: 522

Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 453 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MIN] Minerals - POS | Developing own anon solution |  (Read 742147 times)
PeterPalmBeach

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

SellALL, BuyBTC

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:59:24 PM

Very nice dev;

https://c-cex.com/?p=min-btc
https://www.kingcoiny.com/index.php?page=trade&market=26
https://www.coins-e.com/exchange/MIN_BTC/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
joe.sixer

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:00:18 PM

... and that one entity decided who is to be included or excluded from the process...

once you have that, it is no longer a fair distribution...

Dude, you gotta learn to read better. ANYONE could have mined. Period.
w8

Activity: 187

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:14:00 PM

Why is the OSX wallet released look so plain? Looks better with the graphics like on windows. Compiled this with minimal code changes.

=/
barryzand

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Growcoin Chief

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:21:45 PM

am i the only one seeing the irony here ?

here's a coin whose sole goal was exclusion... exclusion of the pools, exclusion of the exchanges... pretty much total control of every aspect of mining and trading...

and now that some of the exchanges have decided to exclude this coin, suddenly there is bitching and moaning ?

irony Smiley)))))))

Also you need to get your facts straight.  At no point have exchanges been excluded. Early on the dev was happy to give source to exchanges willing to add minerals.  How do you think the coin was added to C-Cex??

a sweetheart deal is how it was added to c-cex... small exchange, easy to control volume...

like i said, this coin is all about "control"... controlling the participation, controlling the hashrate, and controlling which exchange is allowed to trade this and when, and excluding anyone and everyone that doesn't fit with that model... it was made clear from the beginning, for example, that this coin will not be on bittrex during the pow stage... so they were excluded...

if i ran bittrex, right about now i would be giving a very "cold shoulder" response to this coin in public (which is kind of what they're doing), while in private i would be thinking - go screw yourself...

This coin is about showing how a coin can have fair distribution if pools are willing to limit mining farms and big hashers.  If anything, pools introduce control.  why do you think so many coins are threatened by 51% attack.  It is because pools, unwilling to limit miners gain 51% of the network.  Now isn't 51% a controlling stake in the network?

This coin has really opened my eyes to the greed mentality some pools have.  I will be staying well clear of these particular pools in the future.

this has me more confused then anything i have read so far...

if one entity controlling 51 percent of total hash is bad, then how is one entity controlling the entire mining process a "fair distribution" ?

WOW, Suggest you get your FACTS correct before you make to much more of a fool of yourself...  READ then entire thread !!   This coin has had the fairest distribution of ANY to date PERIOD!!!   Why do you think the powers that be as SO PISSED...  

i got my facts from this thread... there is one entity that controls all of the mining pools... so again, if 51 percent attacks are such a big deal, how is 100 percent control of all mining a fair distribution...

please, less accusations, and more actual answers Smiley

Lets re-phrase it. Lets assume the definition of fair distribution is to have coins distributed more equally over more miners. Lets now take the following two examples:

A
100 miners of which 5 have 800Mhs farms. No hash limitation. Big 800Mhs farms join the pools and by end of distribution phase you have 5 miners with 80% of the coins and 95 miners with 20% of the coins.

B
100 miners of which 5 have 800MHs farms. Hash limitation. the 800MHs farms get kicked. They get pissed and move on to another coin to rape, pump and dump. By the end of distribution phase 95 miners have 100% of the coins in relation to there much smaller hash rates.

Which of these two options had the fairest distribution?

If all pools would play along and could be trusted, then the source could be given to all pools in faith that the pool will limit hash rates. If one pool goes rogue and drop the limitations the big farms and multipools move in to rape the coin and the whole launch is ruined. The other pools will have to drop limitations as well and the whole thing will move back to square one where the large farms rape the coin.  The only way to ensure that no pool breaks rank and drop the limitations is to have a small number of pools under centralised control that can be monitored closely. This was a first experiment down this line. I am sure there could be better ways to do this in future, eg. to have a trusted third party (almost like escrow) providing a pool service where the pool management can be segregated from the dev team but still be run in a centralised fashion. That 3rd party will then have to make sure that no pool under its watch breaks rank.

The Min method of fair distribution might just be the way of the future.

you are a thousand percent correct, but only from a view of a small miner...

yes, for a small miner not dealing with "predators" like farms and multipools is great... but does that make it a fair distribution ?

again, the entire mining process was controlled (i added a d here, so that other guy won't flip out again) by one entity... and that one entity decided who is to be included or excluded from the process...

dude... the big miners could have joined with a 50mhs rig as well... if they wanted a piece of a fair coin... they would have done that  Wink

why would they ?

would you ever get involved with a venture that is specifically setup to ostricize you and paint you as evil ?

the good thing is... those guys know they are evil, and killing coins at the cost of the regular miner Wink
Coinler

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:29:06 PM

listen guys. i can be pretty warlike if pushed. im not saying bittrex or any other exchange is moving against us because we are going back to gpu minable coins. but you see this behaviour from the pools... here is what we must do and this must be their last chance.. if they continue to do this with future coins and slander it because they dont get a free piece of pie let me tell u guys. their days are limited. we will let everyone know that they are part of a cryptocoin mafia bent on controlling every single coin that is created in crypto. what this means is that basically.. all past coins and coins that cannot defend againt unfair distribution are and will be garbage until these guys are finished playing with them and sucking out all of newcomers investment in crypto.

this is why my coin solution was created. it eliminates the need for pools completely. and i was also the very first to mention in all of crypto the idea of a decentralized exchange. let us put it this way. exchanges may dominate us today.. but in the future all wallets will have decentralized exchange technology and that will be the end of that.

i suggest that minerals also seek get this feature working.. pronto. im just that good and can and have been predicting the future of crypto with perfect accuracy for months. i always can tell what is next.. and 5-10 moves down the line.

decentralized exchange was another feature of the coin i wish to develop. but there is more.. so much more. sigh.

i am supporting minerals so dont think it is just fud. i just want to develop a fair and strong currency. u should help me before the guy with power figures it out. and each day they get a little closer.

EDIT: on second thought.. considering that they have been doing this for so long.. we should start a campaign to educate the rest of crypto of their behaviour. take screenshots and let them be gone. i already have a solution that does not require pools and will allow cellphones to mine with even 100gh scrypt asics and still get a fair share.
zhulick

Activity: 227

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:33:12 PM

ok, i will take one last crack at it... i am sure it will be futile, but.....

minerals coin - if you have been successful at crypto, and reinvested your profits in hardware thus amassing what is considered a "farm", we do not want you... and if you choose to participate, you would have to be neutered to a portion of your speed...

everyone in the thread - hooray for fairness...

minerals coin - if you don't have the time to keep up with all the latest announcements, and mine in a multipool, we do no want you...

minerals coin - if you spent years building up a user base, rolling out new features and building trust within the community to create a successful pool, we do not want you...

bittrex - you know what guys, your rules excluded a huge swath of the community, and rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, so we do not want you...

everyone in the thread - this is so totally unfair...

am i the only one seeing irony here ?
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:33:49 PM

am i the only one seeing the irony here ?

here's a coin whose sole goal was exclusion... exclusion of the pools, exclusion of the exchanges... pretty much total control of every aspect of mining and trading...

and now that some of the exchanges have decided to exclude this coin, suddenly there is bitching and moaning ?

irony Smiley)))))))

Also you need to get your facts straight.  At no point have exchanges been excluded. Early on the dev was happy to give source to exchanges willing to add minerals.  How do you think the coin was added to C-Cex??

a sweetheart deal is how it was added to c-cex... small exchange, easy to control volume...

like i said, this coin is all about "control"... controlling the participation, controlling the hashrate, and controlling which exchange is allowed to trade this and when, and excluding anyone and everyone that doesn't fit with that model... it was made clear from the beginning, for example, that this coin will not be on bittrex during the pow stage... so they were excluded...

if i ran bittrex, right about now i would be giving a very "cold shoulder" response to this coin in public (which is kind of what they're doing), while in private i would be thinking - go screw yourself...

This coin is about showing how a coin can have fair distribution if pools are willing to limit mining farms and big hashers.  If anything, pools introduce control.  why do you think so many coins are threatened by 51% attack.  It is because pools, unwilling to limit miners gain 51% of the network.  Now isn't 51% a controlling stake in the network?

This coin has really opened my eyes to the greed mentality some pools have.  I will be staying well clear of these particular pools in the future.

this has me more confused then anything i have read so far...

if one entity controlling 51 percent of total hash is bad, then how is one entity controlling the entire mining process a "fair distribution" ?

WOW, Suggest you get your FACTS correct before you make to much more of a fool of yourself...  READ then entire thread !!   This coin has had the fairest distribution of ANY to date PERIOD!!!   Why do you think the powers that be as SO PISSED...  

i got my facts from this thread... there is one entity that controls all of the mining pools... so again, if 51 percent attacks are such a big deal, how is 100 percent control of all mining a fair distribution...

please, less accusations, and more actual answers Smiley

Lets re-phrase it. Lets assume the definition of fair distribution is to have coins distributed more equally over more miners. Lets now take the following two examples:

A
100 miners of which 5 have 800Mhs farms. No hash limitation. Big 800Mhs farms join the pools and by end of distribution phase you have 5 miners with 80% of the coins and 95 miners with 20% of the coins.

B
100 miners of which 5 have 800MHs farms. Hash limitation. the 800MHs farms get kicked. They get pissed and move on to another coin to rape, pump and dump. By the end of distribution phase 95 miners have 100% of the coins in relation to there much smaller hash rates.

Which of these two options had the fairest distribution?

If all pools would play along and could be trusted, then the source could be given to all pools in faith that the pool will limit hash rates. If one pool goes rogue and drop the limitations the big farms and multipools move in to rape the coin and the whole launch is ruined. The other pools will have to drop limitations as well and the whole thing will move back to square one where the large farms rape the coin.  The only way to ensure that no pool breaks rank and drop the limitations is to have a small number of pools under centralised control that can be monitored closely. This was a first experiment down this line. I am sure there could be better ways to do this in future, eg. to have a trusted third party (almost like escrow) providing a pool service where the pool management can be segregated from the dev team but still be run in a centralised fashion. That 3rd party will then have to make sure that no pool under its watch breaks rank.

The Min method of fair distribution might just be the way of the future.

you are a thousand percent correct, but only from a view of a small miner...

yes, for a small miner not dealing with "predators" like farms and multipools is great... but does that make it a fair distribution ?

again, the entire mining process was controlled (i added a d here, so that other guy won't flip out again) by one entity... and that one entity decided who is to be included or excluded from the process...

dude... the big miners could have joined with a 50mhs rig as well... if they wanted a piece of a fair coin... they would have done that  Wink

why would they ?

would you ever get involved with a venture that is specifically setup to ostricize you and paint you as evil ?

OMG - you Jehovas Witness now?
LOL I'm done debating with him,,, he missed something somewhere I'm not sure what it is,, maybe he missed mining pow or something,, IDK Its all good min is alive and well Smiley

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
Coinse-Codey

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:34:42 PM

Minerals coin added on Coins-e https://www.coins-e.com/exchange/MIN_BTC/
Coinler

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:35:24 PM

minerals coin - if you have been successful at crypto, and reinvested your profits in hardware thus amassing what is considered a "farm", we do not want you... and if you choose to participate, you would have to be neutered to a portion of your speed...

minerals coin - if you don't have the time to keep up with all the latest announcements, and mine in a multipool, we do no want you...

minerals coin - if you spent years building up a user base, rolling out new features and building trust within the community to create a successful pool, we do not want you...

bittrex - you know what guys, your rules excluded a huge swath of the community, and rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, so we do not want you...

you have 500 other coins to rape which you have raped together with the asics.. continue raping them. it is you and they that have destroyed them.. they are all yours.. this one coin.. this one fucking coin.. is for us gpu miners.

ONE FUCKING COIN!!!!
zhulick

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:36:10 PM

you have 500 other coins to rape which you have raped together with the asics.. continue raping them. it is you and they that have destroyed them.. they are all yours.. this one coin.. this one fucking coin.. is for us gpu miners.

ONE FUCKING COIN!!!!

so because i see irony in this coin, i am now an asic rapist ?

jeez...
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:36:59 PM

ONE FUCKING COIN!!!!
That's right by golly!!

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
PeterPalmBeach

Activity: 336

SellALL, BuyBTC

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:37:32 PM

ONE FUCKING COIN!!!!

Great thoughts and insights Coinler. +1
How is Rofo doing btw ?
Coinler

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:40:40 PM

ONE FUCKING COIN!!!!

so because i see irony in this coin, i am now an asic rapist ?

jeez...

if you are jumping to the defense of asics and pool operators then YES!

gpu miners get nothing in crypto anymore.. its not like we can get 2 coins per day and each is worth say $5.. all the coins are worth garbage and a waste of investment to many. and you know what.. screw you guys.. im hitting the multipool and im going to work and help to develop this coin FOR FAIRNESS sake.

all those you are defending can play with any of 500 options and make a decent profit.. we make nothing mining these days. so dont lecture me or tell me anything about irony in your statements.. theyre just fucking biased
Coinler

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:44:46 PM

ONE FUCKING COIN!!!!

Great thoughts and insights Coinler. +1
How is Rofo doing btw ?

i believe he is fine.. and we will do fine. thanks for asking. hes a good man.. with a good team. and we will work and lift noblecoin as well. i have a really good nose for investment. all of the coins im invested in atm are trading at way above the level i bought in. and guess what.. they just happen to be coins that dont allow asics or have no more pools because they are POS! what could be better than mining a coin without asics.. i mean.. the proof is in the pudding and the history of crypto.
Minerals (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Minerals Dev

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 10:48:56 PM

Why is the OSX wallet released look so plain? Looks better with the graphics like on windows. Compiled this with minimal code changes.

=/
Could you upload your OSX wallet and I will update the OP.

MVNWT9QtaryFdzexcHNyiJa3hzZB5Ja85P
powersup

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:50:14 PM

not true, "farms" could participate, they just had play by the same rules as everyone else and limit to 50Mh.  Farms could allocate 50mh of their hash to minerals, and point the rest at another coin

- I dont fully understand this, dev announced multipool about half way through pow stage.  Dev launched multipool, but community votes multipool should be launched at the end of POW

i wonder if any pools approached the minerals dev and said they would be happy to host a pool and play by the coins rules.  I doubt this because they were all too busy bagging the coin and its distribution method.

The rules only excluded pool operators, so your suggesting pool operators have a controlling influence over crypto and its community? interesting...

barryzand

Growcoin Chief

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:51:00 PM

1.minerals coin - if you have been successful at crypto, and reinvested your profits in hardware thus amassing what is considered a "farm", we do not want you... and if you choose to participate, you would have to be neutered to a portion of your speed...

2.minerals coin - if you don't have the time to keep up with all the latest announcements, and mine in a multipool, we do no want you...

3.minerals coin - if you spent years building up a user base, rolling out new features and building trust within the community to create a successful pool, we do not want you...

4.bittrex - you know what guys, your rules excluded a huge swath of the community, and rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, so we do not want you...

answers....

1. Who says Minerals didnt welcome the big miners? they couldve mined with 50mhs too... A hash limitation isnt a gtfo message  Wink

2. Absolutely groundless statement... nothing too say

3. This coin had help from a "big" pool... check the OP... The reason for not allowing other poolowners too have the source, was too prevent this project from failing as well... it wouldve never worked like it did now...

4. again... a groundless statement... unless you can provide a quote of richie or ramie saying that Wink
Coinler

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:57:52 PM

1.minerals coin - if you have been successful at crypto, and reinvested your profits in hardware thus amassing what is considered a "farm", we do not want you... and if you choose to participate, you would have to be neutered to a portion of your speed...

2.minerals coin - if you don't have the time to keep up with all the latest announcements, and mine in a multipool, we do no want you...

3.minerals coin - if you spent years building up a user base, rolling out new features and building trust within the community to create a successful pool, we do not want you...

4.bittrex - you know what guys, your rules excluded a huge swath of the community, and rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, so we do not want you...

answers....

1. Who says Minerals didnt welcome the big miners? they couldve mined with 50mhs too... A hash limitation isnt a gtfo message  Wink

3. This coin had help from a "big" pool... check the OP... The reason for not allowing other poolowners too have the source, was too prevent this project from failing as well... it wouldve never worked like it did now...

4. again... a groundless statement... unless you can provide a quote of richie or ramie saying that Wink

come on man do you really have to justify it?? its just greed. 50mh isnt enough for them you know?? they have to get 20 out of the 30 million coins or they fud the coin to death. well game's over. moves making to eradicate the need and take back the power of crypto and put it where it should be...

into the hands of the builders.. the investors.. the ones who want to see coins and crypto itself grow in value and not just selfishly ruin everything that others have worked so hard to build in a sea of scamcoins.
barryzand

Growcoin Chief

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:06:28 PM

come on man do you really have to justify it?? its just greed. 50mh isnt enough for them you know?? they have to get 20 out of the 30 million coins or they fud the coin to death. well game's over. moves making to eradicate the need and take back the power of crypto and put it where it should be...

into the hands of the builders.. the investors.. the ones who want to see coins and crypto itself grow in value and not just selfishly ruin everything that others have worked so hard to build in a sea of scamcoins.

Im trying too knock some sense in him... lol... though it wont work... But I will defend a coin that I like...   Wink

and zhulick... lets just stop it for now... youve made your point... we made our point... lets just wait whos wrong or right in a month or so...   Wink
zhulick

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:07:16 PM

answers....

you know what, i am done disagreeing, and will just agree to anything you guys say from now on...

you are right, farms are evil... they spend a shitload of money amassing gear, just so they can "kill the golden goose" and make crypto worthless... that is their goal - to make mining incredibly unprofitable, and go out of business...

yep, you're right... after all, it's not like most farms were upgraded with profits from previous investments... they all got their upgrade money from winning the lottery, or robbing a bank or some other shit like that...

nope, none of the farm operators are successful because they played this market the right way... they are all just "asic rapists", as the other guy put it... great name, btw... i may change my nick to that Smiley

and OBVOUSLY greed is exclusive to only the big farms and the big pools... anyone mining this coin will never ever even think of dumping it the moment it hits an exchange, and the word profit is just not in the vocabulary of a typical minerals coin miner... because you know - fairness and shit...

so you're right, and i am wrong...

everything is as fair with this coin as it possibly could be Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 453 »
  Print  

Jump to: