Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:36:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Minerals development - top priority
E-sports Betting services + wallet betting features - 254 (48.7%)
Anonymity development - 135 (25.9%)
Multipool further development - 28 (5.4%)
SC2 tournaments - 56 (10.7%)
Wallet improvements (chat, price, better design) - 49 (9.4%)
Total Voters: 522

Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 ... 453 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MIN] Minerals - POS | Developing own anon solution |  (Read 742147 times)
SimkoMiner

Activity: 925
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:31:34 PM

Panic Dump on C-Cex.

Finally chance for some new folks to jump in the train to moon. This coin is rising second day already very smoothly. Reminds me BlackCoins' epic pump and dump in April. But unlike BlackCoin Minerals is rising very slowly, seems like organic growth currently. Once whales start swimming in Mineral waters, the volume will jump from current 67 BTC to 500-1000 BTC in matter of hours and price will go x10. Then be ready for epic dump.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gambiman

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:32:47 PM

Never played SC either, but got attracted by the dev team's efforts to level the playing field for everyone.
Being a day one C&C player, I wonder how long it will take before Tiberium can be mined in a similar environment Wink

You go way back then Wink I played the first C&C as well. But then SC became the standard in RTS. C&C was so good though

Trade markets with Bitcoins ! Including Forex, Commodities and Stocks SimpleFX
Transfer Money accross borders with so little fee that it is silly !
Gambiman

Activity: 389

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:34:26 PM

A big dump from one  person i think:

Prices are already back where they were.

Trade markets with Bitcoins ! Including Forex, Commodities and Stocks SimpleFX
Transfer Money accross borders with so little fee that it is silly !
Bfljosh

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Skol!

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:34:44 PM

Never played SC either, but got attracted by the dev team's efforts to level the playing field for everyone.
Being a day one C&C player, I wonder how long it will take before Tiberium can be mined in a similar environment Wink

You go way back then Wink I played the first C&C as well. But then SC became the standard in RTS. C&C was so good though

I have played Dune also  Grin  
tdenchev

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:35:17 PM

Minerals dev please update the pools page on minerals.pro website and put the multipool only since the other pools are irrelevant. Add bleutrade to the exchange section too.
Minerals (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Minerals Dev

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 08:38:47 PM

I don't quite grasp the bottom part, but love the direction you're taking!
The bottom part are the bets people placed for both players, showing the total amount, return % if the side wins an a detail of all bets.
I would hide the detailed individual bets, but show'm in a "Details" or "Advanced" view, so you can focus more on the game being played Smiley

its not individual bets

numbers in the middle represent Minerals block height. Blue and red bars show how much bets (total MIN amount) were placed during this particular block.
The idea behind it is that it is fun to bet during the game
But if we gather all Minerals during the game into one big pile there will be no point in betting at the early stages of the game where the outcome is unknown. Everyone will wait untill the end of the game. But this is not fun anymore!

So what I thought is that we should split that game into small time periods (time to find 1 block, or say 5 blocks).
Say the game begins at 30,001th block height. During blocks from 30,001 to 30,005 (~2.5 min duration) bettors will place their bets into one small pile of Minerals. Bettors that send their Minerals during blocks 30,006 to 30,010 will be betting against people who sen't their Minerals during these blocks as well and will not be able to win Minerals that were sent during 30,001-30,005 blocks. And so on. I'm thinking that 2.5 minute time period is too big for a Starcraft game which usually lasts 10-20 minutes, but you get the idea. We can set time periods as small as 1 block duration (30 seconds)

MVNWT9QtaryFdzexcHNyiJa3hzZB5Ja85P
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:44:39 PM

Wow dev, now that is really impressive!!! the e-sports concepts,  this is what investors will be watching for continuing development of the coins potential,, as far as dump? it seems to be coming right back.... just a little dump lol

I think this freak'n VISTA laptop that came in that is sucking up all my time today after weeding though a ton of malware etc. ..it simply has a failing hard drive!!! I hate when they are just starting to go out.... still run but have all the signs lol. check a few more things then I got to make that call to the customer  let him know the bad news...lol, and I will not reinstall vista on it! and I missing out on all the action in our thread here too Sad but got to work  lol

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:50:37 PM

The bottom part are the bets people placed for both players, showing the total amount, return % if the side wins an a detail of all bets.
I would hide the detailed individual bets, but show'm in a "Details" or "Advanced" view, so you can focus more on the game being played Smiley

its not individual bets

numbers in the middle represent Minerals block height. Blue and red bars show how much bets (total MIN amount) were placed during this particular block.
But if we gather all Minerals during the game into one big pile there will be no point in betting at the early stages of the game where the outcome is unknown. Everyone will wait untill the end of the game. But this is not fun anymore!

So what I thought is that we should split that game into small time periods (time to find 1 block, or say 5 blocks).
Say the game begins at 30,001th block height. During blocks from 30,001 to 30,005 (~2.5 min duration) bettors will place their bets into one small pile of Minerals. Bettors that send their Minerals during blocks 30,006 to 30,010 will be betting against people who sen't their Minerals during these blocks as well and will not be able to win Minerals that were sent during 30,001-30,005 blocks. And so on. I'm thinking that 2.5 minute time period is too big for a Starcraft game which usually lasts 10-20 minutes, but you get the idea. We can set time periods as small as 1 block duration (30 seconds)
If you actually work this out you will be on to something no one else has done..... don't be afraid to take five... you are a very dedicated dev to the cause. I for one am really impressed, matter of fact I have all the SC games in our PC library lol, I'm going to get my son to teach me the game,,, he wore it out until his friends and girls became more important lol

k back to work here Sad

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
Starscream

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:56:31 PM

its not individual bets

Nah, you'll have to monitor each game and start and end the betting period manually. Allow bets for a game to be accepted until the game starts.
Once it starts all bets are closed.

Some early game mistakes can easily determine the outcome of the match.
Even some openings can determine who's going to win (most likely): 10 pool banelings just doesn't work anymore - you see it a pro gamer using it (and by that I mean using build order to get there) and you already know he'll lose.
Hoshimaru

Activity: 411

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:57:25 PM

its not individual bets

Thank you for clarifying it and correcting me Smiley
Well... that's a concept I was totally unfamilair with. When I decide to make a small bet, it's often on football or that kind of team sports and everything gets collected before the game starts.

How does it work for the end of a game? Let's say a team is about to lose and remaining game time is estimated to run for 5 more minutes. Then suddenly you get a turnaround? There would be basically no real end time to close the bets?
MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:02:16 PM

its not individual bets

That's a really unique idea!  That way people can make multiple bets with increasing or decreasing odds based upon the current state of the game.

Brilliant!
ASICrefugee

Activity: 432

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:02:48 PM

Bets have to be placed before the match starts, one slip in the first 30 seconds can be a killer.
Betting-in-running, which is I think what you are proposing, is a whole other can of worms and would probably best left until the basics are stable.
Cheers.
Minerals (OP)

Minerals Dev

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 09:05:13 PM

its not individual bets

Nah, you'll have to monitor each game and start and end the betting period manually. Allow bets for a game to be accepted until the game starts.

Bets before the game will be allowed as well. These bets will rest in their own pile and will not be played against the ingame bets.

I personally find ingame bets pretty fun as there are a lot of unpredictabilities during the game. I've seen many games where a gamer did impossible and won the game nobody would think is possible to win.

slavo

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:24:59 PM

i'm not anymore a min holder; i hope i didn't sell to the "big farms mafia" Cheesy

gl hf with the coin  Smiley
Starscream

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:32:12 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2014, 09:49:28 PM by Starscream

its not individual bets

Bets before the game will be allowed as well. These bets will rest in their own pile and will not be played against the ingame bets.

I personally find ingame bets pretty fun as there are a lot of unpredictabilities during the game. I've seen many games where a gamer did impossible and won the game nobody would think is possible to win.
Me 2. I've watched all GSL matches and WCS since SC2 came out, and I still tell you that it is easier to predict a correct out come based on various things that happen in-game.
If I'd think in a selfish way I'd say it's a great idea, only because I know I can successfully predict the outcome of most matches during their run.

I just think you're asking for a lot of trouble by allowing in-game bets.

Anyway, you just created the layout of the site (I think? or maybe it was just a page layout) and still haven't got an alpha ready or even started coding it (?).. so lots of time and room to change.
ASICrefugee

Activity: 432

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:34:33 PM

its not individual bets

Me 2. I've watched all GSL matches and WCS since SC2 came out, and I still tell you that it is easier to predict a correct out come based on various things that happen in-game.
If I'd think in a selfish way I'd say it's a great idea, only because I know I can successfully predict the outcome of most matches during their run.

I just think you're asking for a lot of trouble by allowing in-game bets.

Anyway, you just created the layout of the site (I think? or maybe it was just a page layout) and still haven't got an alpha ready or even started coding it (?).. so lot's of time and room to change.

+1, bets placed, game starts, outcome, bets paid out in next block.
Rinse and repeat and you are on to a winner  Smiley

Betting in running = nightmare
ZacharyComstock

Activity: 210
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 09:41:42 PM

this is all good..
but dont forget to vote! Cheesy
https://www.mintpal.com/voting#MIN

Minerals (OP)

Minerals Dev

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 10:03:23 PM

I want to know what you guys think of the top priority that I should now choose for the Minerals development so I've updated voting for this thread.

If I missed something just let me know, I'll add more options to voting

tramphuochuy

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:40:57 PM

I vote for Voting , show all for investor , for everyone see MIN

mrp1

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:46:13 PM

A big dump from one  person i think:

https://i.imgur.com/4cS6lAM.png

Mark my words....  If this was ONE person they will DEEPLY regret their selling this so early in the game..  MIN had a REVOLUTIONARY and FAIR distribution of its coin and NO-ONE holds a WHALES load...  Just wait an see...
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 ... 453 »
  Print  

Jump to: