Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:16:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Minerals development - top priority
E-sports Betting services + wallet betting features - 254 (48.7%)
Anonymity development - 135 (25.9%)
Multipool further development - 28 (5.4%)
SC2 tournaments - 56 (10.7%)
Wallet improvements (chat, price, better design) - 49 (9.4%)
Total Voters: 522

Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 453 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MIN] Minerals - POS | Developing own anon solution |  (Read 742152 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:30:36 PM

Your saying, min.multipool will mine other coins to purchase MIN and payout will be in MIN. (in the name of protecting the coins value by purchasing large amounts of MIN) Is this not exactly what blackcoinpool.com has been doing with blackcoin after it went POS? look at their stats now... very low miner count, blackcoin is in the toilet in price again.... that concept is basically failing for the most part. Plus the pool operators there, I think got a little greedy with how they used others hash power to mine and then buy and distribute blackcoin as payment. Any miner with any sense saw it was a bit of a rip-off.  For me I still say stay out of the multipool business in everyway shape and form for MIN. Let it be NON-MULTIPOOL if its going to be used as BCPOOL has done. it is failing.
Why not just let the average miners and investors set there own course and nature will do its thing with this coin. NO-MULTIPOOL

Thanks for pointing out joe  Wink

Agree with MinermanNC.. If the idea of the coin is against multypools, whales and so on.. isn't it double dealing to start one yourself? (I see the reasoning behind its short term advantages, but still.. isn't it more important to stick to initial values?)

I.e. I would vote against it.. I keep my MINs (mined a bit lately and stopped) and would benefit from it, but would prefer to miss that opportunity than play unfair..

I am sure you don't quite understand the concept behind this multipool.minerals.pro as well
As I just said "multipool" is incorrect word and confuses people
Its not regular multipool as we used to know, it mines other coins, trades it on exchanges for minerals and pays you minerals for mining.

you get less minerals a day, now that regular pool exist, this is why is pointless to run it now
Stormbringer

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:31:20 PM

we will see price drop if multipool stops.

BTC:14aefvedNKjJJoHZ8Pv5LqXqjj5Nprd89d
Minerals (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Minerals Dev

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 03:31:40 PM

Your saying, min.multipool will mine other coins to purchase MIN and payout will be in MIN. (in the name of protecting the coins value by purchasing large amounts of MIN) Is this not exactly what blackcoinpool.com has been doing with blackcoin after it went POS? look at their stats now... very low miner count, blackcoin is in the toilet in price again.... that concept is basically failing for the most part. Plus the pool operators there, I think got a little greedy with how they used others hash power to mine and then buy and distribute blackcoin as payment. Any miner with any sense saw it was a bit of a rip-off.  For me I still say stay out of the multipool business in everyway shape and form for MIN. Let it be NON-MULTIPOOL if its going to be used as BCPOOL has done. it is failing.
Why not just let the average miners and investors set there own course and nature will do its thing with this coin. NO-MULTIPOOL

Agree with MinermanNC.. If the idea of the coin is against multypools, whales and so on.. isn't it double dealing to start one yourself? (I see the reasoning behind its short term advantages, but still.. isn't it more important to stick to initial values?)

I.e. I would vote against it.. I keep my MINs (mined a bit lately and stopped) and would benefit from it, but would prefer to miss that opportunity than play unfair..

Hm, I see your point. Just to make sure that we are on the same page - Minerals multipool is not mining Minerals but other coins and then buying Minerals on the market. I think that this buying process is what MinermanNC referred to as manipulation. Maybe you guys are right and Multipool is in a sense doing disservice to Minerals' goals.
I would be happy not to have multipool ever, lets just agree on this!

MVNWT9QtaryFdzexcHNyiJa3hzZB5Ja85P
Minerals (OP)

Minerals Dev

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 03:33:26 PM

proof is in the pudding,  see what your min payouts are for 24 hours compared to mining in a normal pool and with your own hash.... this sucks, I really thought this coin was going to be a normal open and fair market coin with no manipulations,,, I guess not  Angry  yes a multipool buying min for payouts is a manipulation.

If you don't like the idea of multipool you don't have to mine there, there are 6 regular pools to mine until POW ends. People were asking for multipool so dev delivered it. Fine by me, the more options I've got the better.
I think the issue is that it is bad for the image of Minerals.

its just the wrong word for it. People see word multipool and instantly think of something bad. Should be called POSPool or smth

It's not even multi, it's a DarkCoinPool, isn't it? It's a solopool, Mining Dark and converting it into Minerals as cheap as possible...
It is mining GlyphCoin atm

Kenta

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:40:32 PM

proof is in the pudding,  see what your min payouts are for 24 hours compared to mining in a normal pool and with your own hash.... this sucks, I really thought this coin was going to be a normal open and fair market coin with no manipulations,,, I guess not  Angry  yes a multipool buying min for payouts is a manipulation.

If you don't like the idea of multipool you don't have to mine there, there are 6 regular pools to mine until POW ends. People were asking for multipool so dev delivered it. Fine by me, the more options I've got the better.

its just the wrong word for it. People see word multipool and instantly think of something bad. Should be called POSPool or smth

It's not even multi, it's a DarkCoinPool, isn't it? It's a solopool, Mining Dark and converting it into Minerals as cheap as possible...

Interesting,
Then we must have found some blocks already? Will any statistics / pool information / summary be available?

Trade your cryptocoins at: ◣ bleutrade.com ◢◣ C-Cex.com ◢
Minerals (OP)

Minerals Dev

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 03:42:25 PM

Interesting,
Then we must have found some blocks already? Will it be any statistics / pool information / summary be available?
In the future yes - for now this is rather crude multipool.

MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:43:14 PM

I have just read all the above, First hats off to the minerals dev for seeing the negatives of a MP that mines and pays out in min. Yes it will tarnish the image I'm afraid. I only use BCpool as a reference point and yes they may have gotten a little stingy with payouts, look at the miner count participation falling each day as miners wise up. Even if only min.pool mines for dark coin its still a multipool. ( harnessing others hash to buy and sell a coin(s) to buy another for payouts...BCpool all over again, they have a bad reputation as a result.  Please weigh all the pros and cons guys as it seems we are but consider the long term affects of being seen as an MP for min payout scheme. I think this coin has come this far with great results even before hitting the big exchanges, the best is yet to come I feel if simply left alone and not to deviate from where it is now. Let it take its course. besides a MP can always be implemented at any given time down the road. We all have fought against FUD right from day one in here against other pool ops and folks that didn't like the 50 mh cap, which btw was genius for this coin. Lets not rock our own boat just yet with a multipool.  Cool

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
ZacharyComstock

Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 03:43:42 PM

Hm, I see your point. Just to make sure that we are on the same page - Minerals multipool is not mining Minerals but other coins and then buying Minerals on the market. I think that this buying process is what MinermanNC referred to as manipulation. Maybe you guys are right and Multipool is in a sense doing disservice to Minerals' goals.

1.close multipool.minerals.pro
2.change the domain name to pospool.minerals.pro, leave the same everything else
3.launch pospool.minerals.pro
4.People will cheer

Activity: 303

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:46:14 PM

Multipool is completely useless ...
If you want more investor interesting to MIN..the MIN dev team have to do something others never do!!
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:52:20 PM

Bless your heart stormbringer, but I don't see any real impact on price since MP started? the price was much higher a few days ago, then leveled off as it usually does. And again, we only are dealing on 1 exchange and I am great full for C-CEX for participating. But the heavy hitters, speculators and such hang around on bittrex and alike, and until they see this coin there they probably wont give it much attention. POS will be here soon enough, the coins market value is stable as of now, let keep mining and holding and see it though to POS and then on to Bittrex etc. 

Stormbringer

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:52:54 PM

1.close multipool.minerals.pro
2.change the domain name to pospool.minerals.pro, leave the same everything else
3.launch pospool.minerals.pro
4.People will cheer

Good plan!

BTC:14aefvedNKjJJoHZ8Pv5LqXqjj5Nprd89d
cryptoangel

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:54:51 PM

I was on the multipool but now i am moving off, I hope you make a decision soon. Multipool is a standard feature I do not understand another way around it.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█                         █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █
           ▄▄███████▄▄   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████  █
         ████▀     ▀████
         ████       ████
         ████▄     ▄████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████  █
           ▀▀███████▀▀   █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        █
█                         █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
ROLLBIT●  Instant Deposits & Withdrawals
●  Rakeback & Level Up Bonuses
●  Live Customer Support
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
hero18688

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:57:38 PM

At least this coin spares me from sleepless nights of switching between higher or lower diff coin.I hope the price can be back to 1k which is reasonable.

ZacharyComstock

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 04:00:12 PM

If you want more investor interesting to MIN..the MIN dev team have to do something others never do!!
Yes agreed Smiley

I feel like "multipool" is better then nothing. It does no harm, but may help, just change its name

But I completely agree that we should think of something new. Come on guys, lay out your wildest dreams of what features a cryptocoin should have. Minerals dev will consider implementing it Grin
We're all in the same boat here holding minerals, gotta make it worth much more to get rich!  Cheesy

PepiX

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:00:24 PM

I am sure you don't quite understand the concept behind this multipool.minerals.pro as well
As I just said "multipool" is incorrect word and confuses people
Its not regular multipool as we used to know, it mines other coins, trades it on exchanges for minerals and pays you minerals for mining.

Well.. I thought that is what a multipool is.. so I see nothing in your description that differs from my understanding of a multipool. It trashes other coins to sustain its own coin.. still the same whether it is paying in BTC or MIN.. the idea is the same. (Not that I have so much against multipools as a miner.. it just sounds wrong when coupled with the coin's idea.. I don't even try to judge the developer for his attempts to support the coin and hear what people want.. this is what he is expected to do.)
stokecrypto

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:05:15 PM

deposits to c-cex take ages!!
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:08:13 PM

Yes agreed Smiley

I feel like "multipool" is better then nothing. It does no harm, but may help, just change its name

But I completely agree that we should think of something new. Come on guys, lay out your wildest dreams of what features a cryptocoin should have. Minerals dev will consider implementing it Grin
We're all in the same boat here holding minerals, gotta make it worth much more to get rich!  Cheesy
Zach, why are you not content simply mining on one of the NON-MP pools now?

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:10:13 PM

My payouts seem to be flowing smoothly to CEX? are your referring to MIN deposits from mining?

ZacharyComstock

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 04:16:06 PM

Yes agreed Smiley

Zach, why are you not content simply mining on one of the NON-MP pools now?

I'm mining just for fun, it doesn't matter what or where to mine with my 2 GPUs Smiley I'm mainly an investor and I see great future in Minerals. "Multipool" couldn't hurt, but may help so I'm supporting it

stokecrypto

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:17:53 PM

My payouts seem to be flowing smoothly to CEX? are your referring to MIN deposits from mining?

yeh deposits everythin else works fine
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 453 »
  Print  

Jump to: