Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 07:11:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Minerals development - top priority
E-sports Betting services + wallet betting features - 254 (48.7%)
Anonymity development - 135 (25.9%)
Multipool further development - 28 (5.4%)
SC2 tournaments - 56 (10.7%)
Wallet improvements (chat, price, better design) - 49 (9.4%)
Total Voters: 522

Pages: « 1 ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 ... 453 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MIN] Minerals - POS | Developing own anon solution |  (Read 742151 times)
godda04

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:08:32 PM

Just to clarify, I didn't bet 850, I actually bet 1000 minerals on a win outcome, 150 was put on  other loss outcome, I expected 850 to be paid back into my account, as I believed that 150 would be matched and the rest voided, instead the 1000 was distributed to all players who bet on the other outcome (loss) of which totalled 150 minerals.

Hi everyone, I'd just like to thank MineralsPR and the team for living up to their word and reimbursing me the 850 lost minerals after last nights testing of the betting system. Like I said last night, I think the betting system needs to be looked into again. I think the only way it will work is with a matched betting system, so a person can put up as many minerals as they want on a particular outcome, but anything which isn't matched becomes void. I was initially unsure of how the betting system worked last night, whether there was a house or it was matched to other players stakes, but I believe the way you have implimented the betting system with percentages of the pot distributed dependent on the stake made is excellent. It's perfectly fair and noone can complain.

Someone mentioned during the starcraft match, that the players themselves are setting the odds by how much is bet on either outcome. This is a fundamental flaw, as betting doesn't work this way. "Crayon" (the starcraft player) was randomly matched with an unknown opponent prior to betting taking place. This makes the odds 50/50 as noone knows the skill of the person he's playing. So in order to be fair with the way the current betting system works, both outcomes would need to have an equal pot, as bets are not partially matched and voided with the current system. Then both sides would recieve an equal share irrelevant of the outcome. Im not very technical when it comes to coding or anything like that, but I deffinetly think matched betting like an exchange is the way forward.

The idea behind minerals is excellent and very innovative, and the way I look at it, the betting platform is the most important. If matched betting is implimented, many more markets can be available, and players would be able to set their own odds on different outcomes, which after listening last night, seems like the community would like to see.

You shouldn't bet that much... it was really nice of them, but they told everyone about betting more than you are willing to lose... those 850 MIN could be used as bounty or something that could help the coin...

Hehe actually those 850 WERE used to promote Minerals. Besides I won like 300 of those anyway Smiley Also any reasonable suggestions worth consideration. And this one is pretty reasonable. Can`t promise we will immidiatly incorporate but we definetly consider it.

Don't see it that way... if he was betting 10min.... we could saved 840 Min...
Bojcha

Activity: 848

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:10:17 PM

Really, someone play very dirty game with min on exchange(s).
Hoshimaru

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:16:27 PM

You might want to ride those up & downs. I initially sold 500 MIN earlier today and made a profit ~55 MIN, which is +11%. I don't think that's bad for daytrading within reasonably safe margins (like don't be greedy).
Bojcha

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:19:56 PM

You might want to ride those up & downs. I initially sold 500 MIN earlier today and made a profit ~55 MIN, which is +11%. I don't think that's bad for daytrading within reasonably safe margins (like don't be greedy).
It's not about geeed here. Also i don't expect mega-pump. it's about that like someone, (whole week and more now) does not let min to go over 3.5k. Also same reflects on volume day by day.
MineralsPR

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 08:25:17 PM

Hi everyone, I'd just like to thank MineralsPR and the team for living up to their word and reimbursing me the 850 lost minerals after last nights testing of the betting system. Like I said last night, I think the betting system needs to be looked into again. I think the only way it will work is with a matched betting system, so a person can put up as many minerals as they want on a particular outcome, but anything which isn't matched becomes void. I was initially unsure of how the betting system worked last night, whether there was a house or it was matched to other players stakes, but I believe the way you have implimented the betting system with percentages of the pot distributed dependent on the stake made is excellent. It's perfectly fair and noone can complain.

Someone mentioned during the starcraft match, that the players themselves are setting the odds by how much is bet on either outcome. This is a fundamental flaw, as betting doesn't work this way. "Crayon" (the starcraft player) was randomly matched with an unknown opponent prior to betting taking place. This makes the odds 50/50 as noone knows the skill of the person he's playing. So in order to be fair with the way the current betting system works, both outcomes would need to have an equal pot, as bets are not partially matched and voided with the current system. Then both sides would recieve an equal share irrelevant of the outcome. Im not very technical when it comes to coding or anything like that, but I deffinetly think matched betting like an exchange is the way forward.

The idea behind minerals is excellent and very innovative, and the way I look at it, the betting platform is the most important. If matched betting is implimented, many more markets can be available, and players would be able to set their own odds on different outcomes, which after listening last night, seems like the community would like to see.

You shouldn't bet that much... it was really nice of them, but they told everyone about betting more than you are willing to lose... those 850 MIN could be used as bounty or something that could help the coin...

Hehe actually those 850 WERE used to promote Minerals. Besides I won like 300 of those anyway Smiley Also any reasonable suggestions worth consideration. And this one is pretty reasonable. Can`t promise we will immidiatly incorporate but we definetly consider it.

Don't see it that way... if he was betting 10min.... we could saved 840 Min...

Disagreed. Those Minerals was distributed within the community and testers since other testers won it.  And everyone learned from this. I see it as a rather small price for what we actually received. 

Hoshimaru

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:29:49 PM

It's not about geeed here. Also i don't expect mega-pump. it's about that like someone, (whole week and more now) does not let min to go over 3.5k. Also same reflects on volume day by day.
I just wanted to point out we can still profit from the fluctuations between the upper and lower boundaries set by this person/group. All small bits can be helpful.
Or if you prefer, see it as free extra minerals you can use to bet.
chinchs

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:53:17 PM

I just wanted to point out we can still profit from the fluctuations between the upper and lower boundaries set by this person/group. All small bits can be helpful.

but... if too many ppl, try to do this, the value will go down (since MIN market is small), so we have 2 options

* Avoid daytrade profit (we can't do this unless we can put a lot of bitcoins, but daytrader are needed to build volume)
* Try to promote the coin to increase volume (big volume will make this more unpredictable, you may buy to get a %2, but you may loose a lot in the middle)
Tam222

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:54:06 PM

It is crazy how undervalued Minerals is  Huh

I don't fully understand it, I know it frustrates me at times though  Wink

Need to see what effect new Min buyers/gamers will have on volume/price, but I'm realistic to know that 1 million gamers aren't going to suddenly go on a minerals spending spree. (however many rain dances I do)

Nice and steady progress is my preference - a slow burner whilst traders concentrate on others  Grin

MIN - MCfYhe84Sos6fsLt2SwNrZ9EAwhPaTonu8  
BTC - 1DqDrHQB8x5Hh1mf1yHaUV2etRCdSbmPXB
GPC - LNVkXdNM4CpmgKAJaHh4BPiN15xdWL3Y1E
litecoinbeast

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:34:10 PM

So says the person(s) inside. It the same response about the "real" market manipulation. Well just follow them and make money. HMMM but that isn't really the point now is it? Cause you obviously aren't disagreeing that this is going on? We should just bend over and take it? I am still surprised there hasn't been a civil revolt in the USA yet...and I am being serious.

BUT anyhow, if and when all planes come through...you can't stop the tide.
chinchs

Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:39:14 PM

you may notice that anyone with 10BTC can set the value to %50 down... we need more volume, at least 10x the volume we have now.
Hoshimaru

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:16:54 PM

So says the person(s) inside. It the same response about the "real" market manipulation. Well just follow them and make money. HMMM but that isn't really the point now is it? Cause you obviously aren't disagreeing that this is going on? We should just bend over and take it? I am still surprised there hasn't been a civil revolt in the USA yet...and I am being serious.

How can we stop them from manipulating or rather rigging the market?

I'm holding onto my Blackcoin as if it were gold and diamonds, but the majority just plays on the waves... In the meantime I see my value melt away. It's frustrating, but I believe and agree in the Foundation's vision and will be certain that its true value is yet to be discovered, when we shake out all the Wizzes and IconicExperts left with BC in their bags. In the end, they go for the quick buck and leave when it's "dead" in their eyes.

Even if the Minerals community asked everyone to not buy or sell a single Mineral on the market for a whole week, 60% would say they won't, but happily play the game, not even mentioning those who don't come on the forum, have no idea what Minerals are, but just trade it like any other asset they get their hands on. Unless you can buy'm out there's no way to get rid of such individuals or groups.

I'm not blind to what I see on the charts or in the books and today it was even more visible than before. What can we do against it?
Blackcoin's Black Shield never served it's purpose either and that was an expensive one >_<

Anyway, I'm going to sleep, because I think I'm starting to rant and write weird or illogical stuff :p
Gambiman

Activity: 389

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:40:07 PM

Dear LOL supporters and investors,

We are sorry to inform you that we received an email from paralegal of Riot game and we were asked to shut down all services including topbot, bettingbot, skin shop and ggwp.co. We are now still talking to Riot game to see if there's any solution for this.

lol

You think Blizzard don't care...?   It's just a matter of time.....

I think first of all we should not jump to conclusions and stay calm. If we think with clear mind steps we need to take will become pretty obvious:

1. Update wallet and remove all SCII graphics we used in design
2. Remove SCII screenshots

What else we did used in Minersls? Oh... theres nothing else...
Minerals have custom logo and our betting sites does not use anything that is copyright protected.

But to make you all sure I think it will be wise if I compose official letter and actually ask Blizzard if they will oppose Minerals.

LoL shouldn`t abused LoL graphics all that much. We have this flaw as well and we will take actions before, not after things fuck up.

Yeah, just remove all graphics from Starcraft and we're good, but dev told us in the beggining that he would do it. I think this is the right time now Wink

Trade markets with Bitcoins ! Including Forex, Commodities and Stocks SimpleFX
Transfer Money accross borders with so little fee that it is silly !
Gambiman

Activity: 389

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:07:31 PM

nice dump

Trade markets with Bitcoins ! Including Forex, Commodities and Stocks SimpleFX
Transfer Money accross borders with so little fee that it is silly !
Bojcha

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:10:50 PM

nice dump
and i always ask myself .. why.
egyptocoin

Activity: 231

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:10:59 PM

Whoever just dumped that thanks. Infact you might of incidentally caused a rally. More incoming set your buys low 2650-2700 - I hate to say it, but you might get crushed.
Minerals (OP)

Activity: 84

Minerals Dev

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 11:16:49 PM

Dear LOL supporters and investors,

We are sorry to inform you that we received an email from paralegal of Riot game and we were asked to shut down all services including topbot, bettingbot, skin shop and ggwp.co. We are now still talking to Riot game to see if there's any solution for this.

lol

You think Blizzard don't care...?   It's just a matter of time.....

I think first of all we should not jump to conclusions and stay calm. If we think with clear mind steps we need to take will become pretty obvious:

1. Update wallet and remove all SCII graphics we used in design
2. Remove SCII screenshots

What else we did used in Minersls? Oh... theres nothing else...
Minerals have custom logo and our betting sites does not use anything that is copyright protected.

But to make you all sure I think it will be wise if I compose official letter and actually ask Blizzard if they will oppose Minerals.

LoL shouldn`t abused LoL graphics all that much. We have this flaw as well and we will take actions before, not after things fuck up.

Yeah, just remove all graphics from Starcraft and we're good, but dev told us in the beggining that he would do it. I think this is the right time now Wink

removed all blizz graphics just to play it safe Smiley Good riddance, gotta rework the OP completely, lots of outdated stuff there

MVNWT9QtaryFdzexcHNyiJa3hzZB5Ja85P
Bojcha

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:21:26 PM

Whoever just dumped that thanks. Infact you might of incidentally caused a rally. More incoming set your buys low 2650-2700 - I hate to say it, but you might get crushed.
Someone plays around with about milion mins.
Tam222

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:28:50 PM

Was that one player throwing their hand in?

MIN - MCfYhe84Sos6fsLt2SwNrZ9EAwhPaTonu8  
BTC - 1DqDrHQB8x5Hh1mf1yHaUV2etRCdSbmPXB
GPC - LNVkXdNM4CpmgKAJaHh4BPiN15xdWL3Y1E
tazmania

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:49:33 PM

How can we stop them from manipulating or rather rigging the market?

I'm holding onto my Blackcoin as if it were gold and diamonds, but the majority just plays on the waves... In the meantime I see my value melt away. It's frustrating, but I believe and agree in the Foundation's vision and will be certain that its true value is yet to be discovered, when we shake out all the Wizzes and IconicExperts left with BC in their bags. In the end, they go for the quick buck and leave when it's "dead" in their eyes.

Even if the Minerals community asked everyone to not buy or sell a single Mineral on the market for a whole week, 60% would say they won't, but happily play the game, not even mentioning those who don't come on the forum, have no idea what Minerals are, but just trade it like any other asset they get their hands on. Unless you can buy'm out there's no way to get rid of such individuals or groups.

I'm not blind to what I see on the charts or in the books and today it was even more visible than before. What can we do against it?
Blackcoin's Black Shield never served it's purpose either and that was an expensive one >_<

Anyway, I'm going to sleep, because I think I'm starting to rant and write weird or illogical stuff :p

Shake out all the wizzes and ie's and the coin dies completely. People are emptying their bags to the remaining believers. It sucks but happens to all coins. Just not enough money to go around any more.

litecoinbeast

Activity: 136

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:50:07 PM

Was that one player throwing their hand in?

Lol It triggered my support buy... Now even more minerals  Grin Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 ... 453 »
  Print  

Jump to: