Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:32:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [FRAC] Fractalcoin | **Added to Cryptsy** | X11 | Slingshield | % fees  (Read 129683 times)
runpaint

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 11:28:25 PM

Okay, I'm launching a new Fractalcoin website. 

Please send me your sites, or any links to places that accept Fractalcoin.  I can add your sites later, but I'd rather have everybody linked before I start promoting the new site, because there will be people who click once, look around, and maybe never come back.

I'll be hosting the current blockchain for download as a zipped folder, along with a .conf and a peers.dat for good measure. 

I'll also be accepting FRAC on my own site for digital downloads, with a 25% discount for all items when you use Fractalcoin.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
runpaint

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 04:37:29 PM

Also -

Fractalcoin will be added at CoinPayments.net, making it easy for any online retailer to add FRAC to their instant checkout.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
runpaint

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 06:26:06 AM

We have a new block explorer:

http://www.multifaucet.tk/index.php?blockexplorer=FRAC

And a new faucet that pays 1 FRAC every 12 hours:

http://www.multifaucet.tk/index.php?faucet=FRAC

Thank you MultiFaucet!

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
earlz

Activity: 439

mmmmmm

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 09:34:36 PM

If you're serious about taking this over, I can also make you a member of the organization on Github so that you can make direct changes to the source code. Until I know that you're serious about all this though, I'll be a bit reluctant to handing over any real resources for it, just because I wouldn't like for someone to do a half-ass take over and then leave everyone with an even worse taste in their mouth.

Everything I have for Fractalcoin is pretty much in the open. I can't give any help to you really though such as with compiling wallets etc, at least not without payment that would warrant me clearing my schedule. I personally consider Fractalcoin a failed and flawed concept so I have no personal desire to pursue improving it any further. The core premise just didn't work out as I expected and without changing that to make it practically an entirely different coin, any improvement will most likely just be a bandaid on the symptoms. That being said, feel free to take it over and it's not like I want to stop you or anything. I personally don't believe in it, but that doesn't mean other people don't find some utility in it.

Check out my full list of Coin Reviews
Currently working on the Qtum Project
My Skype account earlzdotnet has been compromised. Please report to me any usage seen from it, or from the email earlz@earlz.biz.tm
runpaint

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 12:03:07 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2015, 03:44:57 PM by runpaint

I can't give any help to you really though such as with compiling wallets etc, at least not without payment that would warrant me clearing my schedule.

You could put those last 1000 premined coins on the market to go with the ones I've already paid for.

But, if I did pay you, would you really do anything?  This guy offered to pay you, in this topic, over a year ago, and you never even replied:

Earlz, if you want to make money developing Fractalcoin, PM me.  I have plenty of BTC to support you as you develop Fractalcoin if that's what you need.

So what's the plan now?  12 months wasn't enough time for you to get back to that guy, so how many years would I have to wait if I wanted you to work on the coin?  Actually I already asked you, back in January.  (It's September now, FYI)

I personally consider Fractalcoin a failed and flawed concept so I have no personal desire to pursue improving it any further.

Improving it any further?  Did you ever make any improvements to start with, in the 6 weeks you were active?

The core premise just didn't work out as I expected

Yeah, it didn't work out like the investors expected either.  When you told them you were launching a coin, they expected you to stay with it for more than 2 months.

That being said, feel free to take it over

I already have.

and it's not like I want to stop you or anything.

You couldn't if you tried.

Until I know that you're serious about all this though, I'll be a bit reluctant to handing over any real resources for it, just because I wouldn't like for someone to do a half-ass take over

You want to know if I'm serious?

You can't be serious.

I've already worked for Fractalcoin a lot longer than you did.  If you want to talk about a half-ass effort, what do you call someone launching a coin, selling some premine, and then not even sticking with it for 2 months?  

This topic was started on June 12, 2014, and by July 9 people were asking "Where's the dev?"

Where's the dev!?
Is this coin scam!?
So low prise, i'v lost my btc invest ....shit, no active, no high prise ...pfffff

But you sure proved them wrong!  You did post for a few more days after that.  

And the investors were assured that the premined coins were still there:

Dev ran away with the premine. SCAM.

I suggest that you go and look at all the premine funds that have not been touched and have been in the ANN for a long time:

Premine wallet addresses

Wallet 1 containing 1000 FRAC: FdginKcGNUWfZDtK57RU85hMMHaBbnanyP
Wallet 2 containing 1000 FRAC: FpbzPz2fQ2UFYpCWPCyKhVmF3jB1fQCkZN
Wallet 3 containing 1000 FRAC: FodAfX54Dn6drHqht2QSzsAVYZQ2UTLq7i
Wallet 4 containing the remaining bounty funds: Fmf7UCjqrSijiPR4gMmZzDSqLw4oqdsKzL

- 1 of those addresses still has 1000 FRAC.  
 - 2 of those addresses were emptied on August 29, about 6 weeks after "the premine funds have not been touched".
 - The 4th address moved more than 9900 FRAC, and ended up with only 670 by July 14.  

Would you like to know how I looked at those addresses?  I certainly didn't use your block explorer, which has been offline for a long time.  
No, I wanted Fractalcoin to have a block explorer, so I contacted multifaucet.tk and set it up.  
Fractalcoin has a block explorer because of me.  If it was up to you, there wouldn't be a block explorer.

And it's strange, because multifaucet.tk couldn't get any connections from their wallet.  
How are they supposed to participate in a peer-to-peer network, if they can't find any peers?
That's right, there's no DNS seeder.

Don't worry, I gave them some nodes to add.  I'm also hosting a peers.dat and a .conf file which people have downloaded so they can use Fractalcoin as it was advertised, instead of it just being a worthless pile of code that doesn't do anything.  

That's what you made:  something that stopped working.  But now it works again, because of me.
That's what I did:  I took your mess that you couldn't be bothered to clean up, and I fixed it.  

So, what was that about how you don't want Fractalcoin to be run in a half-ass way?

You worked on Fractalcoin for about a month, and I've been working on Fractalcoin for about a year.  

Last year when the blockchain stopped moving because not one person was still mining, I mined.  Just me.  The coin really was dead, because there was no network and no blocks being found.  But I personally brought it back to life, about 3 or 4 months after you made it and then abandoned it like a deadbeat dad.

You left it to die, and I saved it.  Fractalcoin would have ended last year if I hadn't kept it going all this time.    

When the block reward dropped to 1, last year, everybody quit and the hashrate fell off so fast that the difficulty was too high for just one person to mine.  So I rented hash at miningrigrentals, and I paid people from trollboxes .01btc to mine FRAC.  Then, when difficulty was lower, I supported the price so it would be profitable and people would mine it.  Have you ever kept up a buywall for 6 months, no matter how much people dumped, with almost no one else buying?  (Have you ever kept up anything for 6 months?)

That's another thing I did that caused the coin to still exist right now.  I spent my time, effort, and money, while you were doing nothing for the coin.  

If it were up to you, there would be no Fractalcoin right now.  

When Bittrex put up a delisting warning, you could have bought and sold from yourself to make some volume.  It could've stayed on Bittrex and remained prominent and available to more users.  But all that clicking the mouse, it was just too much effort for you.  

When Poloniex announced that they were delisting Fractalcoin because of lack of developers, I protested.  I complained.  I sent support tickets.  I asked them to move it to the XMR market.  I told them I represented the community of people who had invested in Fractalcoin - all the people who got involved and didn't leave after a few days like you did.  The people who probably bought the premined coins, those are the people I was speaking for.  

But Poloniex said they needed more than community support.  What they wanted was one message from a dev saying that the coin wasn't abandoned.  But that was too much for you to do, so it got delisted.  

But it's still at Cryptsy, no thanks to you, and Cryptsy only gets connections because I run multiple nodes from multiple IPs, 24/7.

There were plenty of other coins people could have bought before you decided to put yours out into the world.  If Fractalcoin had never existed, I would have had a lot more time and money to put into other projects.  But you made a coin, and you asked us to believe in you.  We gave you a chance, and you didn't even try to see it through.  We couldn't depend on you, so now we depend on ourselves - and here you come back again asking for more of our money.  I hope you'll understand if the community doesn't know you or want you around.

So...what was it that you want me to prove to you?  That I'm serious?  That I won't do a half-ass job?  That I can pay you?

And then what do I get if you find me worthy?  The github?  I'm already hosting that stuff for download on my own site.

So what would I be paying you for?  Do you have anything of value to offer?  That's a rhetorical question, of course.  You've had over a year to do something, and you didn't, so we've moved on from you.  You're not a part of Fractalcoin anymore, you say you don't believe in it, so stay out of it.  

If you ever change your mind, FRAC is available at Cryptsy.  You can pay for it like everybody else;  unlike you, we didn't get any for free.  Nobody pays us to keep the coin alive, but we do it anyway.  So happy trading.  

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
runpaint

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 03:38:45 PM

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
runpaint

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 09:50:23 PM

I don't think I'm going to have the money to add Fractalcoin to CoinPayments.net.  I was going to use a credit card, but they only accept crypto.  So, since that was the only thing I was waiting on to launch the new site, I'm launching it now:

fractalcoin.us

And I started a new ANN topic for Fractalcoin as a community-run project:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1202227.0

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
BARR_Official

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 12:19:13 PM

The burn exchange for Fractalcoin begins November 1 and ends November 30.

Here's the topic:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219460.0

Buying At Retail and Restaurants - BarrCryptocurrency.com
BARR_Official

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2015, 03:02:20 PM

The exchange period officially begins tonight at midnight, and ends November 30.

Message us here to this account before you burn your coins, tell us which coin you're burning, the amount you're burning, and your NXT wallet address (not a deposit address on an exchange).

Then send them, and message us again with the transaction ID. 

The burn address for Fractalcoin is FVAiSujNZVgYSc27t6zUTWoKfAGxc8CEW5

We are redeeming FRAC at the set rate of .5 BARR, or 1 BARR for 2 FRAC.

Full details in our ANN:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219460.0

BARR_Official

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 03:11:04 AM

In our first 24 hours, we have already burned 308,059 Fractalcoins.

That is over 30% of the entire supply.

We encourage all remaining holders to do the same.

Samsei

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 04:32:10 PM

Anyone got working nodes? Wallet won't sync. Or dead coin?
magrospic

Activity: 301
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:34:19 PM

When community takeover lol?
BARR_Official

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 06:49:31 PM

When community takeover lol?

In 2015.  We burned our FRAC and replaced it with BARR, so everyone who participated got their money out of Fractalcoin before Cryptsy collapsed.  Everyone who held their FRAC instead lost all their money.

ladozhskiy1995

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:27:57 AM

I like the Idea, looks nice to me.
good luck dev.hope  your succed
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61]
  Print  

Jump to: