Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:00:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM Official Non-Moderated Thread [Updates & Discussion]  (Read 75601 times)
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 12:01:41 PM

The stench of hypocrisy is strongest in the nostrils of the fallen one. UP put a lot of effort into NEM, and NXT before that, but in the end he turned out to be a greedy hypocrite, but he must be feeling shit now, and his loss is large.

If you read this utopianfuture, fuck you hypocrite, but I feel sorry for your loss. Good luck with what comes next in your life, but I hope you don't try and come back to NEM using a new account! NEM is stronger now you're gone.

UP is a brilliant guy and not easily replaced. The community will really have to rally and help move things forward with him gone.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:03:02 PM

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ak91SD0veCeddDdmTkdaWV8zbHp2dWlodDVEVUItbXc&usp=sharing

This is the new list that will be used from now on.

I put the ghosthouse issueance back on it so everything is public and for completeness sake.
Only I have access to this list so UP can't change anthing anymore.

I've adviced everyone to exchange the links but it'll take some time.

instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:05:03 PM

The stench of hypocrisy is strongest in the nostrils of the fallen one. UP put a lot of effort into NEM, and NXT before that, but in the end he turned out to be a greedy hypocrite, but he must be feeling shit now, and his loss is large.

If you read this utopianfuture, fuck you hypocrite, but I feel sorry for your loss. Good luck with what comes next in your life, but I hope you don't try and come back to NEM using a new account! NEM is stronger now you're gone.

UP is a brilliant guy and not easily replaced. The community will really have to rally and help move things forward with him gone.

So you are saying UP is completely gone from his own project and not involved anymore at all? I find this hard to believe.

Why would he voluntarily do that?
KingCole

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:06:04 PM

Copy of my comments from Come-f-a's "political" threads  Grin

Many interesting comments have been sent during the last night. Few thoughts based on those.

utopianfuture's deed was not so dirty as some famous persons' in real life. And those people didn't resign. By resigning utopianfuture increased the level of trust to the NEM community.

There will be newcomers to NEM and they may ask, can NEM be trusted.
The current NEM-haters will say "NO". Then the question is how the current NEM-supporters can assure the newcomers?
Is it enough to have utopianfuture's explanation and core team's comments? No. There is needed the working servers and clients. When the NEM coin is running, everybody understand that utopianfuture's deed was just a human mistake and it didn't affect to NEM.

Also then can be evaluated Come-f-a's accusations, which already have been raising to astronomical yards    and his real identity, which he keeps advertising and hinting with certain writing styles and by saying he has been in the NEM project. Has been in the NEM project and now tries to destroy it? I'd think twice when hiring such a guy in my projects.

I think this raises some good points. The reality is that Crypto is full of trolls and people seeming to be fanatical for or against a coin, NEM now has a PR problem. My suggestion is we make UP's statement public on ournem.com with a FAQ on the subject based on the points like those above. Every time that someone asks about the fairness of NEM or try trolling we as stakeholders should not respond beyond a link to the statement page. In this way we are being transparent about what happened but we are not feeding the trolls

KC
mattadc

Activity: 426
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 12:06:13 PM

hypocrite?    Grin Grin

Are you maybe Gandhi ?
Every leader has made sacrifices or something behind the curtains, every leader in the wars must have sacrificed something and someones.

Wake up, please, and use your common sense.

Edit:  Okay, maybe I overreacted,    but usually, when someone uses "hypocrite", it is hypocrite to use that word against someone.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:06:35 PM

Even if he did sell it, it is only 1 stake.

It's not question of just one stake, but question of credibility whether we should trust everything else he says. I am glad he didn't sell the stake, because that would be really bad for his other claim that he never intended to claim his sock puppet stakes. 

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
nxtvisa

Activity: 263

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:07:06 PM

Unfortunately UtopianFuture leave, I hope he's still in the community, concerned about the NEM

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
EFFV (OP)

Activity: 278

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:17:12 PM

True, NEM should be a community movement from here on out. We would make much more progress if each of us looked to ourselves rather than to one, or a small group of members. We can do everything that Utopian did (+ more) as a decentralized community of developers, marketers, and helpers.

While recognizing members for their achievements is just, I think it best if we do not have one leader from here onward.

We all are the Utopian Future in a sense.

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
My Trust Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474589.new#new
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 12:17:59 PM

So you are saying UP is completely gone from his own project and not involved anymore at all? I find this hard to believe.

I think we are all a bit surprised.

Why did Satoshi leave BTC? Why did BCNext leave NXT?

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 12:19:27 PM

True, NEM should be a community movement from here on out. We would make much more progress if each of us looked to ourselves rather than to one, or a small group of members. We can do everything that Utopian did (+ more) as a decentralized community of developers, marketers, and helpers.

While recognizing members for their achievements is just, I think it best if we do not have one leader from here onward.

This is your leader:

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
instacalm

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:21:11 PM

I think we are all a bit surprised.

Why did Satoshi leave BTC? Why did BCNext leave NXT?

Excuse me, I personally don't really see the connection.

• Satoshi is original developer of Bitcoin who "vanished mysteriously to give project in hands of community"
  • BCNext is original developer of Nxt who "vanished mysteriously to give project in hands of community"
  • UP is original founder & manager of NEM who "resigned from leading function because of mistake"

I do not believe UP left his project.
bandar

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 12:21:26 PM

I think anyone with a stake that complains about this issue should reflect a moment about the real impact and should reflect on his/her own position in this thing.  A smashing majority of us shareholders bought a stake for peanuts and can sell their stake for 15000-28000NXT on the AE.  What did you do for this fabulous reward: NOTHING!  Free money...  

Now what did utopianfuture do for NEM: a whole damn lot!  Only for the stuff he did on the frontstage he should have several stakes, let alone the stuff he did backstage.

Those nagging about the principle-issue of fairness, what you theoretically and scrutinously defend is practically worst than communism.  Everybody is equal in rewards but a handful should do all the work for the same reward.  That's not even communism, that's leeching.

And the hidden agenda of come-from-wherever-the-f*ck-you-are is blatant trolling and is doing much worse damage to NEM than anything utopianfuture did.

EFFV (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:26:43 PM

This is your leader:

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 12:27:48 PM

Amazing how history repeats itself.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:28:08 PM

Crushingly disgusted and sick. Word's can't express how let down I am. What a complete joke. Used.

We all joined NEM to support a great egalitarian cause with the understanding that it was something special.  That is now 100% gone.  Its undeniable.  We are left in the same boat as Spaincoin, Aurora, and Flappy.  

Just another coin with hopefully great features.

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
mattadc

Activity: 426
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 12:29:19 PM

And the hidden agenda of come-from-wherever-the-f*ck-you-are is blatant trolling and is doing much worse damage to NEM than anything utopianfuture did.

+1+1

and Come-from-Beyond should come and defend his name, which is now used for hostile purposes by xxxxxxxx.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
EFFV (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:29:49 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 12:41:58 PM by EFFV

A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.

Lao Tzu

I have always found this quote highly inspirational, if you read Lao Tzu his early liberty-minded  principles are similar to the principles seen in crypto-currency today.

makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 12:31:35 PM

Crushingly disgusted and sick. Word's can't express how let down I am. What a complete joke. Used.

We all joined NEM to support a great egalitarian cause with the understanding that it was something special.  That is now 100% gone.  Its undeniable.  We are left in the same boat as Spaincoin, Aurora, and Flappy.  

That's a bit harsh. I think all the devs believe in trying to create a movement for financial freedom, decentralization, and equality of opportunity.

YOU are NEM and what it becomes is up to you. I want to create a movement, not just another coin.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
EFFV (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:31:48 PM

The distribution is fundamentally the same, and fair. + Now we are a completely decentralized initiative.

Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:32:14 PM

I think anyone with a stake that complains about this issue should reflect a moment about the real impact and should reflect on his/her own position in this thing.  A smashing majority of us shareholders bought a stake for peanuts and can sell their stake for 15000-28000NXT on the AE.  What did you do for this fabulous reward: NOTHING!  Free money...  

Now what did utopianfuture do for NEM: a whole damn lot!  Only for the stuff he did on the frontstage he should have several stakes, let alone the stuff he did backstage.

This is true. UP did a lot of work, and he was getting a lot of reward too (more than ordinary stakeholders). It's not as if he was getting nothing. There was no need for him to use sock puppet and do stupid things as he was already getting rewarded. Your post seem to imply as he he did a lot of work, but was getting nothing back. He already collected 66 BTC and several thousand Nxt during IPO.

Plus you ignore that what he did hurts his credibility. He did the right thing by resigning. The whole thing would be forgotten soon in a week.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: