Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:49:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM Official Non-Moderated Thread [Updates & Discussion]  (Read 75601 times)
EnderWiggin

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 03:05:16 AM

I sent a request for my NEM token two days ago to UF via PM but have still not received it and am not on the list.

I know things are hectic on your guys end, so any help would be super appreciated.

NEM TOKEN REQUEST: NXT-JFEG-B3B9-RNP2-FLS2H

Thanks so much Smiley

Pentamon

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 03:05:47 AM

Just read a coindesk article about blockchain selling prepaid cards with BTC on them. We could do the same thing with NEM, and it should really help with new users. We could make it as simple and as similiar as redeeming a giftcard. Doesn't seem too difficult to implement. Either make it a scratch-off, or maybe even make it reloadable like a debit card.
Edit: I think scratch-off type would be best to start, the debit card type wouldn't be too useful until brick-and-mortar stores accept it.

It seems like if we want mass adoption, we should use devices such as credit cards that are familiar to most people.

This sounds like a good idea. We could work this in tandem with my ATM project.

I am going to be building a prototype Nem ATM very soon. Software will come later.

What you want is a ring that replaces your credit card.

On top of the ring is a scanner that scans your fingerprint, or the fingerprint of the person you pay to.

Did you know that you carry your public key at the tips of your fingers?
You just have to swipe your finger over the ring.

Proof of Person: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=650482.msg7284313#msg7284313

Pentamon

Wouldn't that violate privacy? You would not feel uncomfortable doing that?

Why would I feel uncomfortable?
I am being identified crossing borders anyway. In my city I am being filmed at least 15 times every day.
The smart stores know before me that my daughter is pregnant, simply by monitoring our shopping behavior.
What privacy do we have anyway?

I wonder if you are concerned about the privacy of the information of how much is in my walltet?
I can understand that concern, but it does not compare for me. If I weigh it against the benefit of a fair and functional currency. That is worth much more, in my opinion.

Pentamon

http://www.oraforum.org  *  Yoda: "One stake to every human give!"
crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 03:07:05 AM

Just read a coindesk article about blockchain selling prepaid cards with BTC on them. We could do the same thing with NEM, and it should really help with new users. We could make it as simple and as similiar as redeeming a giftcard. Doesn't seem too difficult to implement. Either make it a scratch-off, or maybe even make it reloadable like a debit card.
Edit: I think scratch-off type would be best to start, the debit card type wouldn't be too useful until brick-and-mortar stores accept it.

It seems like if we want mass adoption, we should use devices such as credit cards that are familiar to most people.

I am going to be building a prototype Nem ATM very soon. Software will come later.

On top of the ring is a scanner that scans your fingerprint, or the fingerprint of the person you pay to.

Proof of Person: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=650482.msg7284313#msg7284313

Pentamon

Gift cards would tie in very well with an ATM. Pentamon, Your device would be interesting, but that would be much more expensive than a few hundred dollars it would cost to get the giftcards up and running.

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
Pentamon

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 03:09:10 AM

Pentamon

Gift cards would tie in very well with an ATM. Pentamon, Your device would be interesting, but that would be much more expensive than a few hundred dollars it would cost to get the giftcards up and running.

Acknowledged.

Would the giftcards be like a paper wallet?  You need to use everything from that account?

Pentamon

http://www.oraforum.org  *  Yoda: "One stake to every human give!"
crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 03:22:00 AM

I mean more like http://redeem.bitcoin.com/
Where we create a similar site, but just for NEM.
People just throw away the "gift cards" after they redeem the NEM and put it in their online or app wallet.

Essentially:
1st create these gift cards
2nd create "debit cards that are reloadable, and can be accepted by merchants.
3rd step would be next-gen tech, such as a phone/watch/ring

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 03:27:04 AM

We could get real professional cards for less than $1 each http://www.shop.creativecardgroup.com/gift-cards/

That is a good idea. If we don't have that somewhere in trello you can put it. Once important things are in place I think NEM will start to go full speed again.
xtester

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 03:30:00 AM

NEM ATM would be great.

We should first install one in our NEM capital.  Smiley

Btw, is building one more cost efficient than adding our software on a already distributed ATM infrastructure?
robertjr

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:38:25 AM

We could get real professional cards for less than $1 each http://www.shop.creativecardgroup.com/gift-cards/

That is a good idea. If we don't have that somewhere in trello you can put it. Once important things are in place I think NEM will start to go full speed again.

For public tasks, maybe this could be used in combination with our Trello board.
https://www.kona.com/welcome/
xtsjyfx

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:47:00 AM

late for the list can I apply it now or spent some btc on the share?
xtester

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:00:16 AM

For public tasks, maybe this could be used in combination with our Trello board.
https://www.kona.com/welcome/

Thanks. For the moment I think we'll have to stick to trello, irc, etc for simplicity sake.
xtester

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:01:09 AM

late for the list can I apply it now or spent some btc on the share?

You can buy some NEM stakes on Nxt AE.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 05:49:33 AM

I keep on waiting for the price to dip, so I can buy, but it doesn't!

xtester

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:58:18 AM

I keep on waiting for the price to dip, so I can buy, but it doesn't!

NEM market seems to be resilient. I also think we'll be seeing an uptrend during the following days, mainly because tokens cannot issued at the moment and alpha is very close.
xtester

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:04:45 AM

This is probably one of the important factors for the bitcoin price decline during the last days.

http://www.usmarshals.gov/assets/2014/bitcoins/
xtester

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:34:22 AM

And some good news: Apple is moving in the right direction by allowing bitcoin wallets in the app store again.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/283qsp/its_true_bitcoin_wallets_are_allowed_in_all_apple/

Waiting to use one for NEM as well.
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 06:35:37 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 06:53:00 AM by rockethead

[NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread

Just an fyi...one reason I stayed away from Nem was the "No Envy Movement".  Maybe that is just me, but that just sounds a little pretentious.

I really like what the devs are doing with this coin, but that phrase seems a little off.

I understand your vibe, but the way we meant it was perfectly suitable. However, I would agree it caused some PR conflict. I don't think it is good for marketing.

Yup. It doesn't sound good for marketing at all. We should not be seen as a movement out to fight the world. Let the coin do the "movement"!
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:55:31 AM

I think you are right. utopianfuture was probably dishonest, but the way he left without even a fight suggests to me he saw this as his way to avoid trouble with the SEC.

NEM had an IPO, clear and simple, and like erik voorhees, UP was destined for trouble. His real world identity is probably easy to determine, and I remember him trying to argue NEM didn't have an IPO, and I think UP was starting to get freaked out..

Does UP forgo his dev share now? has that been decided? If he still gets his share, then I'd say UP is having a good laugh at us

UP still gets all of shares he has (several), well deserved(!).

in fact he still holds all the nemstake tokens including sole issuance right at the moment. as u can see he is still Nem.

it is in utopianfutures hands.  that he "retired" was the worst mistake for Nem and will be hard challenge for community.

that he left as leader is good. that he left project is bad.

petmaster can u please set up a status page where we can see who has which rights at a given moment? ThX

ciappa

Merit: 501

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:23:45 AM

who has not yet voted?

40% wants that Utopian continues leading NEM!
16% wants that Utopian stay in NEM!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=651052.0

███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██ ▀███▀  ▀█
██        ▀█
██▄       ██
█▀█▄     ███
██▄▄▄▄▄█████

██████▀▀▀███
█████  ▄▄███
████    ████
█████  █████
█████▄▄█████
Whitepaper
Announcement
Bounty
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███

▄▄
                  ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████
          ▄▄███████▀████
      ▄▄█████████▀ █████
  ▄▄███████████▀ ▄██████
█████████████▀  ████████
   ▀▀██████▀  ▄█████████
       ▀▀▀  ▄███████████
           ▄████████████
           █████████████
           ████▀  ▀▀████
           ██▀       ▀██
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:29:46 AM

who has not yet voted?

40% wants that Utopian continues leading NEM!
16% wants that Utopian stay in NEM!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=651052.0

utopianfuture didnt leave NEM. vote is useless

patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:36:33 AM

I was issued all 570 tokens by UP. They are now in my posession until I continue to issue them to stakeholders upon request which happens as soon as they pay the necessary tx fee.

As I've promised you multiple times - UP came through. He didn't run off with the tokens or sell them.
I hope the hysteria about what is going to happen with access to important stuff can stop now.

There's nothing stopping us form moving on so please let's just do it Smiley

So in this spirit let's bring this thread back to topic.

What are you looking forward the most during the open alpha ?  Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: