Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:29:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM Official Non-Moderated Thread [Updates & Discussion]  (Read 75599 times)
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:53:02 AM

And this is only one reason why bitcoin needs to be replaced.

yup. i got into crypto's late last year, but from my analysis i deemed bitcoin and PoW a bigger risk than anything else. Proof of Stake was a nice alternative but Nxt's launch and ipo was less than ideal. pos also poses its own problems, namely that of whales and hording.

this is why NEM intrigues me the most - the proof of importance (that i prefer to call proof of interest) if, comes to fruitition, will really cause a stir the crypto world needs. we need to encourage spending, not hording; POI is (so far) the best bet for this. this really CANNOT be understated and for the sake of NEMs longevity it would be good if we think of ways to enhance the POI method to better accomplish this.

The money needs to keep flowing and moving to make a currency viable. FIAT accomplishes it by printing that leads to inflation/deflation with all the associated dire risks.

PoS is definitely a way forward.  Does NEM have transparent forging?

Don't you mean POI?  (proof of importance/interest?) not POS?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sottymax

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:57:43 AM

yup. i got into crypto's late last year, but from my analysis i deemed bitcoin and PoW a bigger risk than anything else. Proof of Stake was a nice alternative but Nxt's launch and ipo was less than ideal. pos also poses its own problems, namely that of whales and hording.

this is why NEM intrigues me the most - the proof of importance (that i prefer to call proof of interest) if, comes to fruitition, will really cause a stir the crypto world needs. we need to encourage spending, not hording; POI is (so far) the best bet for this. this really CANNOT be understated and for the sake of NEMs longevity it would be good if we think of ways to enhance the POI method to better accomplish this.

The money needs to keep flowing and moving to make a currency viable. FIAT accomplishes it by printing that leads to inflation/deflation with all the associated dire risks.

PoS is definitely a way forward.  Does NEM have transparent forging?

Don't you mean POI?  (proof of importance/interest?) not POS?

Si.  typo.  I fix.
koanado

Activity: 237
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:04:08 AM

Why can't UF come back on board?

HEX.com
crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 09:05:35 AM

yup. i got into crypto's late last year, but from my analysis i deemed bitcoin and PoW a bigger risk than anything else. Proof of Stake was a nice alternative but Nxt's launch and ipo was less than ideal. pos also poses its own problems, namely that of whales and hording - which in the end, leads to centralization, poor adoption, and manipulation.

this is why NEM intrigues me the most - the proof of importance (that i prefer to call proof of interest) if, comes to fruitition, will really cause a stir the crypto world needs. we need to encourage spending, not hording; POI is (so far) the best bet for this. this really CANNOT be understated and for the sake of NEMs longevity it would be good if we think of ways to enhance the POI method to better accomplish this. if POI makes it easier for the end user to use, services and retailers will naturally crop up.

I agree with this so much. I got into Bitcoin around the same time, and after I kept learning more and more, Bitcoin just didn't seem like the answer. PoW is flawed in many ways, I can't wait to get my hands on PoI!

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
Telmo

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:30:55 AM

I want to address NEM Organizers, Marketers, and Helpers.

I'm from the Russian branch of the forum.

We are outraged and angry behavior of some people. I want to ask several questions to the representatives of the NEM Organizers:

Who is a Come-from-Above? And gorillajam, bluemeanie1, darkota?

What relation they have to the project, whether they are participants of the project?

Why do they make such strong statements that are unsubstantiated and remain without judgment?

jenea4pda

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

Iota and JINN

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:36:16 AM

Yep, this is exactly very interesting... as well as BTC is going down from 650$ to 560$...

www.iotatoken.com                      https://twitter.com/iotatoken
Iota is a brand new and novel micro-transaction cryptotoken optimized for the Internet-of-Things (IoT). Unlike the complex and heavy blockchains of Bitcoin and the like, which were designed with other uses in mind, Iota is created to be as lightweight as possible, hence the name "Iota" with emphasis on the ‘IoT’ part.
jenea4pda

Iota and JINN

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:42:24 AM

We are outraged and angry behavior of some people. I want to ask several questions to the representatives of the NEM Organizers:

What relation they have to the project, whether they are participants of the project?

Why do they make such strong statements that are unsubstantiated and remain without judgment?

Дopoгoй Дpyг! Bce пepeчиcлeнныe имeнa- вceгo лишь cпaмepы и пpocтo гaды и зaвиcтники Haшeгo Oбщeгo Дeлa! Игнopиpyй иx и нe oбpaщaйтe внимaния нa ниx!

B двyx cлoвax- OHИ HИКTO И ЗOBУT ИX HИКAК!!! Шлитe иx нax... Grin

Удaчи Haм Bceм HEMCTEPAM!
(sorry for another language here)

Iota is a brand new and novel micro-transaction cryptotoken optimized for the Internet-of-Things (IoT). Unlike the complex and heavy blockchains of Bitcoin and the like, which were designed with other uses in mind, Iota is created to be as lightweight as possible, hence the name "Iota" with emphasis on the ‘IoT’ part.
jenea4pda

Iota and JINN

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:44:13 AM

none of those people are working on/for/with nem.. they are trolls! just ignore them. i suspect a bit of butt hurt is going around too... we loose our top guy and the price doesnt flinch(ok maybe a little but it rose shortly after back to where it was), and nem could be a serious threat to other coins too so we getting trolled the same way nxt did by jeff garzik!
I've just post same words, but in Russian Wink

From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:11:12 AM

Good to c 90% Posts about me.

Nem for the WIN! Enrich me mindless slaves!

abstraktalias

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:11:24 AM

How many tokens has patmast3r issued thus far?

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:12:38 AM

none of those people are working on/for/with nem.. they are trolls! just ignore them. i suspect a bit of butt hurt is going around too... we loose our top guy and the price doesnt flinch(ok maybe a little but it rose shortly after back to where it was), and nem could be a serious threat to other coins too so we getting trolled the same way nxt did by jeff garzik!
+1. To Come-from-Above? And gorillajam, bluemeanie1, darkota? in Chinese, 去死吧,你不做死不会死。
Jacqul

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:12:57 AM

Good to c 90% Posts about me.

Nem for the WIN! Enrich me mindless slaves!

Why are copying Come-from-Beyond's name? Isn't that a bit of a red flag that you want to be taken seriously without any credibility?
From Above

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:15:09 AM

+1. To Come-from-Above? And gorillajam, bluemeanie1, darkota? in Chinese, 去死吧,你不做死不会死。

Thank u for mindless rambling. Good example of a little Mao Zedong NEM slave;D

pS no plans to die yet my cutie pie

jenea4pda

Iota and JINN

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:20:43 AM

since the troll is sleeping let me remind you this:

hint:
1. if you have even slightest assumption someone might be a troll, please, do not quote, not even the new ones, do not get provoked.
2. use the ignore button, simple as that
3. instead of getting involved in soap opera we have a chance of getting involved in real cryptocurrency development. One shouldn't even be able to say those things in same sentence.

Dear NEM friends! Just do like this! no more talking with that come from shit.

Cheers

Jacqul

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:21:05 AM

It's not mindless it is a question: you post as Come-from-Above obviously copying a previous users name.
Why do you do this?
Are you hoping people will transfer their opinion of CfB to you?

Do you think it will make your posts carry more weight?
I would argue the opposite.
I am so sick of trolls.
A matter of perspective I suppose but I am happy I don't live in your world where you feel the need to do this. Creation is more rewarding than destruction and making money or getting recognition for doing good is actually better than for doing evil. Unless you have borderline personality disorder and then I can just pity you and wish you had a better life and childhood.
Jacqul

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:21:57 AM

since the troll is sleeping let me remind you this:

hint:
1. if you have even slightest assumption someone might be a troll, please, do not quote, not even the new ones, do not get provoked.
2. use the ignore button, simple as that
3. instead of getting involved in soap opera we have a chance of getting involved in real cryptocurrency development. One shouldn't even be able to say those things in same sentence.

Dear NEM friends! Just do like this!

Cheers

Lol thanks. I have never actually ignored someone before and I completely forgot you can do it.
Sigh of relief.
hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:24:05 AM

I have still a stronger impression that CfA is suffering from schizofrenia (look at many contrasting estatements done by the same guy) and we have to suffer from him. Present some real evidence and we can discuss about it. IF you have no evidence than please go back Above to your room and dont bother adult people. Your behavior looks similar to few people which i know and who suffer from schizofrenia. However we have now to wait until you get back from manic phase to depressive one. Strongly recommending Zyprexa and Trittico for sleeping.
The next thing - his arguing and speech is at 15 year old teenager level.

In Pump and Dump we trust.
From Above

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:24:58 AM

It's not mindless it is a question: you post as Come-from-Above obviously copying a previous users name.
Why do you do this?
Are you hoping people will transfer their opinion of CfB to you?

Do you think it will make your posts carry more weight?
I would argue the opposite.
I am so sick of trolls.
A matter of perspective I suppose but I am happy I don't live in your world where you feel the need to do this. Creation is more rewarding than destruction and making money or getting recognition for doing good is actually better than for doing evil. Unless you have borderline personality disorder and then I can just pity you and wish you had a better life and childhood.

I am complete unrelated with the CfB and my username choice has not slightest bit to do with the BCNext.

Nice Myth noob Grin

PS Nem is 90% about CFA now.  congratulations awesome project!

Jacqul

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:26:05 AM

This user is currently ignored.

Smiley
it works
 Grin
From Above

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:28:33 AM

This user is currently ignored.

Smiley
it works
 Grin

More attention please! Now anybody new to NEM be notified of the extreme scam this is and not even LIE-replies by NEM Slaves cuz u dont read. Double WIN in my favor. Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: