Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:48:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Poloniex Has Rejected SuperCoin  (Read 43249 times)
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:38:27 AM

I would like to point out that I did not personally review the code, as many people seem to think. The person who did has very high standards and was not thrilled with what he saw, and he was overzealous in his criticisms. When I made this post, I firmly believed that the maximum supply was inflated. My intention with going public before contacting the devs was to make sure they did not have a chance to cover up the mistake or take advantage of the issue.

It is my responsibility to ensure that these issues are addressed correctly, so no fingers should be pointed anywhere but at me. I see now that I should have had another reviewer confirm the findings, and investigated sufficiently to make sure I understood all of the code myself before proceeding. I apologize for this misstep. There are still some parts of the code we're concerned about, so our investigations will continue, and I will talk to the devs privately about the anon feature.

This whole raising the standards for coins thing is in an early stage, and we are constantly improving our process. We believe strongly in integrity and transparency, and it has always been my intention to use Poloniex's position to improve the quality of crypto.

lmao, it is not the problem of standard, it is also not the problem to ensure good quality of coin code, it is the problem whoever reviewed the code, have no basic idea how the coin code works - this is a serious problem.

Please, I used Poloniex a lot and I liked it (I traded a lot there), but I am surprised at what has happened. It certainly degraded Poloniex. Next time please use a qualified person to do review, not a high school kid who have no idea what he's talking about.

In my previous posts, I showed how the MAX_MONEY is used in the code:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652351.msg7315515#msg7315515

and how total coin is calculated:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652351.msg7315840#msg7315840

and as a staff of Poloniex, please make responsible claims. Whoever made that claim, apparently have no idea of the coin code.

It's true, it seems the person who review the code do not know much about Altcoin! Maybe he is a good coder But he is new to Crypto world!!!
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:40:13 AM

I would like to point out that I did not personally review the code, as many people seem to think. The person who did has very high standards and was not thrilled with what he saw, and he was overzealous in his criticisms. When I made this post, I firmly believed that the maximum supply was inflated. My intention with going public before contacting the devs was to make sure they did not have a chance to cover up the mistake or take advantage of the issue.

It is my responsibility to ensure that these issues are addressed correctly, so no fingers should be pointed anywhere but at me. I see now that I should have had another reviewer confirm the findings, and investigated sufficiently to make sure I understood all of the code myself before proceeding. I apologize for this misstep. There are still some parts of the code we're concerned about, so our investigations will continue, and I will talk to the devs privately about the anon feature.

This whole raising the standards for coins thing is in an early stage, and we are constantly improving our process. We believe strongly in integrity and transparency, and it has always been my intention to use Poloniex's position to improve the quality of crypto.

lmao, it is not the problem of standard, it is also not the problem to ensure good quality of coin code, it is the problem whoever reviewed the code, have no basic idea how the coin code works - this is a serious problem.

Please, I used Poloniex a lot and I liked it (I traded a lot there), but I am surprised at what has happened. It certainly degraded Poloniex. Next time please use a qualified person to do review, not a high school kid who have no idea what he's talking about.

In my previous posts, I showed how the MAX_MONEY is used in the code:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652351.msg7315515#msg7315515

and how total coin is calculated:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652351.msg7315840#msg7315840

and as a staff of Poloniex, please make responsible claims. Whoever made that claim, apparently have no idea of the coin code.

Exactly, the above comments are right on the spot! Busoni, your irresponsible and wrong claim damaged SuperCoin's reputation (and yours of course), you should publicly appologize to the community!
At least, Another announcement on poloniex website!
btcsup

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:50:02 AM

Spreading lies about innocent cryptos is not a good manner especially for an exchange dev. Your job is not this.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, don't miss!. SrmjM2Q8BK8S92TmLP7V3j3YNVJSY3KZ6G
jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:01:12 AM

lol @ https://twitter.com/DiamondDoge/status/478009875478634496

cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:01:21 AM

and i am also expecting more plans on further decentralization anonymity.
We believe big problems can better solved as parts, lets complete first our phase 1.

yes! step by step.

but polo suddenly raise standard to ask alt coins to implement features immediately after launch.

stricter than mintpal/btc-e!

POLO is getting much more mainstream i would say. and they didn't ask drk, xc, vrc to prove their integrity when they are still in BETA.

Phase 1 alpha is good, and we are moving on.

People are enjoying watching how POLO is acting to this matter.
mistersushi

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:07:40 AM

i don't care.. i don't need lectures from idiots with zero programming skills..

i got this in grade 5
http://oldcomputers.net/trs80i.html

i don't need lip thx

go for it flop it on the table and spout off but don't cry when mines bigger though lol
i was playing PC games on Cassette tapes on my Trs80 in the 80's  Cool

can we get back to the topic at hand or are we going to keep playing games ?

Well I don't know about the guy you were dishing out lip to, but if it makes you feel any better, I'm not an idiot with zero programming skills.  

I remember the TRS-80.  Was quite popular.

Here's my first one, about 5th grade; cut my teeth on Commodore BASIC:
http://oldcomputers.net/vic20.html

Was a buggy POS, so ended up with one of these with a couple 5-1/2 floppy drivesm and a couple of Atari STs.  Learned more BASIC--memory registers, data structures.  Learned to use a Hex editor to hack games.  Learned how to defeat copy protection schemes (for backup purposes).  Then a couple Atari STs.. learned to hate BASIC and spaghetti code.
http://oldcomputers.net/c64.html

I think the topic at-hand has been resolved anyway.

bitcoinwonders010

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:10:55 AM

thats great your talking to dev, could you hurry this process up as alot of damaged has already been done, nothiing can bring back the time, so we wanna move past this,
bitcoinwonders010

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:26:14 AM

also everyone valued your word alot even if you said it after he had covered up we would have believed you. you could have noted conversations taken screenshots of code so you could have proved it later. taking this step ha caused massive losses.

all i ask is you contact him asap and release a statement so we can get the ball rolling
tuto

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:29:08 AM

Busoni - This is great that you are going to speak with the Developer and that you have issued the above statement.
You really should put a link on the front page of the Polo website directly to your comment (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652351.msg7319548#msg7319548) so that anyone clicking on the link can see directly to that post about the coin.

I, like most of the people with half a brain trading Crypto, appriciate your / Polo's efforts to ensure security and transparency within the AltCoin world.

With regards to most of the people bitching and moaning on the forums here, they can mostly be ignored, I had quite a bit of BTC invested in SUPER and I still do, the price has bounced back to where it was previously so really don't think its going to be much of an issue in terms of price, only the people who panic sold or panic bought will be affected, and those are people looking for a quick buck anyway.

The ONLY thing to take away from this whole fiasco is that perhaps you should have been less-zaelous when posting the REASONS why - A simple "We are not listing SUPER as we are unhappy with some of the code and need to speak with the DEVS" would have sufficed, would have save a lot of people time / money and most of all would have looked far better for POLO overall.

Keep up the good work with the exchange, you know I'm a supporter as are many others, just less "jumping the gun" in the future I think Wink

Dave/Tuto
IPCoinz

Activity: 63

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:42:58 AM

.  it seems that's the real busoni . This one is who I will respect.

It is better to be safe than sorry.  The truth will out and there is NO harm in a false alarm.  If youre pissed because the coin dipped in price due to the Poloniex announcement then you are pissed because YOU lost a quick buck and you think YOUR easy money is more important than the long term integrity of the crypto world.  Speculators are a much bigger problem than (and cause of) of scamcoins being made.  Get it right, even if it hurts a little...  And that goes for the know-it-alls challenging Poloniex's initiative too: humble yourselves and be not proud, even if it hurts a little
maccaspacca

Activity: 278
Merit: 258

Twitter: @maccaspacca1

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:43:50 AM

+1 Busoni and +1 Dave / Tuto

doch

Activity: 371

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:06:39 AM

The ONLY thing to take away from this whole fiasco is that perhaps you should have been less-zaelous when posting the REASONS why - A simple "We are not listing SUPER as we are unhappy with some of the code and need to speak with the DEVS" would have sufficed, would have save a lot of people time / money and most of all would have looked far better for POLO overall.

This. I respect the fact that Polo wants to make sure the coins they add are up to snuff, but if you're going to make accusations you better be 110% sure that what you're saying is accurate. If you're not sure, either don't say anything or just say that you won't be adding the coin at this time. No need for an explanation unless you know for a fact that something is wrong.
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:23:45 AM

a man's integrity stands like this

I am truly sorry for the article yesterday based on information that had been removed seconds after publishing the article. To make up for it, I posted a rectification article :

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/rectification-there-are-no-hidden-coins-in-supercoins-source-code

Once again, my humble apologies.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:47:07 AM

Supercoin was cloned from Honorcoin ?

well..

People registered for 'Free money'(!) on the Honorcoin website and were asked for their Bitcointalk forum username, a password and an email address, only to find that, where they had used the same password, the accounts had been compromised and, for exchange accounts, the scammers had avoided triggering withdrawal notifications by using whatever funds were on the account to buy their crapcoin high and sell back low, rinsing and repeating until zero..

So why did they clone Honorcoin ? Could be same scammer caught red handed on his very next scam coin i think..

FUD first & ask questions later™
bitcoinwonders010

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:49:49 AM

well..

People registered for 'Free money'(!) on the Honorcoin website and were asked for their Bitcointalk forum username, a password and an email address, only to find that, where they had used the same password, the accounts had been compromised and, for exchange accounts, the scammers had avoided triggering withdrawal notifications by using whatever funds were on the account to buy their crapcoin high and sell back low, rinsing and repeating until zero..

So why did they clone Honorcoin ? Could be same scammer caught red handed on his very next scam coin i think..

here we go again your assuming are you busoni with a different account trying to find another reason to bash super coin

hahaha
doch

Activity: 371

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:59:07 AM

well..

here we go again your assuming are you busoni with a different account trying to find another reason to bash super coin

hahaha

Hey at least busoni admitted he was wrong. This guy is just straight up retarded.
pastet89

Activity: 378
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 10:03:42 AM

Not sure if this is the correct verdict, but I am actually impressed busoni and his team check so much in deep coins to bother with. Respect for Poloniex.

Cryptostats.es
bitcoinwonders010

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:03:58 AM

well..

hahaha

Hey at least busoni admitted he was wrong. This guy is just straight up retarded.

i know, its easy to point fingers, but extremely difficult to come out and say yes we made a mistake and apologize, i just hope busoni can just list super coin now. we should have been near 20k with anon function working if it wasn't for all this fiasco
bitcoinwonders010

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:06:20 AM

Not sure if this is the correct verdict, but I am actually impressed busoni and his team check so much in deep coins to bother with. Respect for Poloniex.

by all means check but also come to the correct decision. members on here who do not have a exchange did a more thorough check and verified it is legit.  so to say your impressed would be wrong as i would expect this from a dude who runs a exchange and holds out bitcoins, but more importantly to understand the code fully.
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:11:51 AM

Stop feeding Spoetnik, he is already a fat troll. Ignore him and don't reply.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: