Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:25:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Poloniex Has Rejected SuperCoin  (Read 43249 times)
BitDreams

Activity: 503
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:57:13 AM

How much does it cost to audit a coins' code?
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dave4925

Activity: 134
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:59:02 AM

thanks for being honest with us.  You are forgiven!

1BTcdaveJEX8SrLb62YSLY7r3W9P8XQYBN
maryvale

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:59:42 AM

At least Busoni posted a sort of apology (last post on this page) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652351.msg7319548#msg7319548
And my response; https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652351.msg7320998#msg7320998

I hope at the very least Polo can come out with an official statement on this, even if they do not wish to list the coin (to save face).

They have SORT of done this in way of Busoni's post above + the updated link on the Main Exchange@:

Further update on our decision about SuperCoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652351.msg7319548#msg7319548
Posted by OldManKidd at 2014-06-15 22:00:33

In the meantime - Vote Super to MintPal instead - https://www.mintpal.com/voting#SUPER

Well, to me, it's not an apology unless he updates the OP saying what he wrote about MAX_MONEY etc was WRONG. (which it is)
By him leaving that on the OP still unchanged, busoni is still spreading fud. I don't understand why he is leaving it as is.

Also, as I said before, Anon transfer is only released via testnet and isn't even enabled by default.
So it's only for those who wants to "test". It has been confirmed by many that it works perfectly BTW.
Dev team is also working on a decentralized method as we speak. So I have no idea what the issue is.

Anyways, this has really negatively impacted supercoin. Most people will only read the OP and dump.

+1

Busoni behaved very unprofessional, he made a mistake, it's as simple as that, but he tried to find 1000s reasons to deny his mistake, this makes him more stupid, and incompetent.
Real_Unhooked

Activity: 838
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 02:36:19 AM

Busoni is being an asshat. But look at this way, his FUD has made this rocket more affordable. Buy up

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
.....DeepVault.....
....Blockchain File Signatures....
...deeponion.org...
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:33:23 AM

cloned from Honorcoin and you guys buy into it ? seriously ?

do your selves a favor and go read up on Honor coin before screaming take my money Wink

but but but it has Anonymous something or another blah blah gimmick.

sad + pathetic ponzi cheerleaders

FUD first & ask questions later™
jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:13:01 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2014, 04:24:29 AM by jakiman

I would like to point out that I did not personally review the code, as many people seem to think. The person who did has very high standards and was not thrilled with what he saw, and he was overzealous in his criticisms. When I made this post, I firmly believed that the maximum supply was inflated. My intention with going public before contacting the devs was to make sure they did not have a chance to cover up the mistake or take advantage of the issue.

It is my responsibility to ensure that these issues are addressed correctly, so no fingers should be pointed anywhere but at me. I see now that I should have had another reviewer confirm the findings, and investigated sufficiently to make sure I understood all of the code myself before proceeding. I apologize for this misstep. There are still some parts of the code we're concerned about, so our investigations will continue, and I will talk to the devs privately about the anon feature.

This whole raising the standards for coins thing is in an early stage, and we are constantly improving our process. We believe strongly in integrity and transparency, and it has always been my intention to use Poloniex's position to improve the quality of crypto.

For those who missed this.

People make mistakes. So that's fine. I'm sure he meant well.
But the problem I see is that busoni hasn't updated the OP.

maryvale

Activity: 254

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:27:29 AM

cloned from Honorcoin and you guys buy into it ? seriously ?

do your selves a favor and go read up on Honor coin before screaming take my money Wink

but but but it has Anonymous something or another blah blah gimmick.

sad + pathetic ponzi cheerleaders

Cloned of what?? Does honor coin have super-pos blocks? Supercoin is the first coin to have it. Moreover, honor coin? what the heck is that coin? I guess you know JPC well, and you know where the PoW/PoS separation technique is coming from right? Does that stupid honorcoin have it? lmao Grin
Cohle

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:57:26 AM

busoni still cowering in cowardly silence I see. Meanwhile the stench of his FUD still lingers. Very questionable for a white knight of the alt scene to not right a wrong. He doesn't need to list the coin on his ghetto exchange. He just needs to issue an apology for unjustly smearing the devs and seeding the doubt to reverse the positive momentum this coin had.
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:05:09 AM

Busoni where are you?

i begin dislike you now, although you are a honest guys.

but it seems you have the worst public relations on POLO itself and also on Supercoin Community.

you have do big harm on Supercoin Community from your irresponsible and unprofessional post on Supercoin.

you can still keep silent, if you want. but you are only harm your own reputation now.
toaster3

Activity: 136

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:13:15 AM

busoni still cowering in cowardly silence I see. Meanwhile the stench of his FUD still lingers. Very questionable for a white knight of the alt scene to not right a wrong. He doesn't need to list the coin on his ghetto exchange. He just needs to issue an apology for unjustly smearing the devs and seeding the doubt to reverse the positive momentum this coin had.

This looks more like a conspiracy to me. Any exchange has the right to list a coin or not. If you don't want to list SUPER, so be it, get out of our sights, and be quiet. No one will ask you why you do not list a coin.

But why making a big fuss by creating a thread to show how idiot you are? and how novice your understanding of the coin code is? by leveling it to be a "higher standard" of the Poloniex? Are you a teen? Who are you? Who cares if you don't want to list a coin? You completely degraded and lowered a nice exchange to a garbage level. Because with a person of your quality to be the "owner" of an exchange, how dare I put my money/coins in your exchange?? Grin

Please go away, busoni, SUPER does not need you, other coins probably do not either, except the scamcoins.

kyma

Activity: 479

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:19:15 AM

I would like to point out that I did not personally review the code, as many people seem to think. The person who did has very high standards and was not thrilled with what he saw, and he was overzealous in his criticisms. When I made this post, I firmly believed that the maximum supply was inflated. My intention with going public before contacting the devs was to make sure they did not have a chance to cover up the mistake or take advantage of the issue.

It is my responsibility to ensure that these issues are addressed correctly, so no fingers should be pointed anywhere but at me. I see now that I should have had another reviewer confirm the findings, and investigated sufficiently to make sure I understood all of the code myself before proceeding. I apologize for this misstep. There are still some parts of the code we're concerned about, so our investigations will continue, and I will talk to the devs privately about the anon feature.

This whole raising the standards for coins thing is in an early stage, and we are constantly improving our process. We believe strongly in integrity and transparency, and it has always been my intention to use Poloniex's position to improve the quality of crypto.

haters gonna hate... thanks for your work

Cohle

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:23:09 AM

Yes Polo - great work on that MIL ipo scam. Oh, and the insta-listing of XHC - another scam. How long did it take you to vet that one?
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:05:03 AM

Yes Polo - great work on that MIL ipo scam. Oh, and the insta-listing of XHC - another scam. How long did it take you to vet that one?

+1  Great work  Busoni. you raised bar. scam ppl with MIL and XHC
bitcoinwonders010

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:26:53 AM

busoni is a fucking joke. how much more proof you need that you are wrong
Emetico

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 07:08:00 AM

It gets really tiring to read all those negative comments.

None of you who criticize haven't actually come up with any proof that the supercoin code is ok.

I dont know much about codein' coins, i do code other things. But all i can see is 'nak nak nak nak nak nak' from people who properly are involved in supercoin somehow or lost some btc on it.

Its not the end of the world that poloniex aint submitting supercoin. You can go on other cryptocoin exchanges and trade them there.

I hope poloniex will get the time to go through all coins they have listed.

Keep up the good work Poloniex.

bitbd83

Activity: 224

Crypto Enthusiast, BD

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:13:35 AM

Thank you very much at last. But when do you add SUPER to your exchange? We miss volume trading already.
you did a huge loss for this coin already.

Try best at: |OK Pay-Quick Change| USD-BTC-LTC-EUR-WIRE-VISA/MASTER Find me:  https://onename.io/bitcoinbd
Please donate few BTC : 189YmAMvi3SZCXCVqAFtVmGKWzanYtfsoH
Mine all CryptoNote coin with a ready GUI client-Excellent solution. Follow me: https://twitter.com/BitBD
bitcoinwonders010

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:19:09 AM

None of you who criticize haven't actually come up with any proof that the supercoin code is ok.

I dont know much about codein' coins, i do code other things. But all i can see is 'nak nak nak nak nak nak' from people who properly are involved in supercoin somehow or lost some btc on it.

Its not the end of the world that poloniex aint submitting supercoin. You can go on other cryptocoin exchanges and trade them there.

are you serious digibyte dev has confirmed nothing is wrong with code
bitcoinwonders010

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:19:42 AM

Thank you very much at last. But when do you add SUPER to your exchange? We miss volume trading already.
you did a huge loss for this coin already.

that is not the apology were looking for, busoni is still currently investigating
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:03:40 AM

> be a tard
> imply no dev joined the discussion stating that the code is ok

Fresh account, enough said.

provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:02:05 AM

my friend busoni disappeared???

Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: