Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:59:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 [585] 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804603 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
karmacoma24

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

LiskHQ CTO

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 02:30:43 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2016, 11:21:08 AM by karmacoma24

Well for one, you didn't write that, I know your English level my friend Smiley (Edit: Meaning someone else wrote this for you and i hope it reflects your true opinion)

But yeah I understand, you will always be my friend regardless, you really did inspire me in the beginning, it's just a shame those around you let you down.

It only shows what a little man you are.

Well, you can flame me all you want, but my record speaks true of what I've contributed to this project.

Why so angry karmacoma24?
Why could your exit have not been peaceful?

Sort yourselves out guys before posting here.

I merely responded to information posted which I saw as factually incorrect.

The remaining team at Crypti will always be regarded as my friends, regardless of politics or difference in opinion.

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bigcabrito

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Communications Lead

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 02:35:02 AM

Karma has done a hell of a job creating tools for Crypti, give credit where it's due. For the past few months, Max and Karma have answered most of the questions concerning Crypti. Even if they were not Core developer, Crypti lost two loyal community members that have worked hard for Crypti.

With this said, it is time to gather up and construct a detailed roadmap on Crypti's future development. No more hiding behind curtains, transparency is key.

This shouldn't take months. If you need to restructure, now is the time.

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Lisk Community Manager
GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 02:53:58 AM

Karma has done a hell of a job creating tools for Crypti, give credit where it's due. For the past few months, Max and Karma have answered most of the questions concerning Crypti. Even if they were not Core developer, Crypti lost two loyal community members that have worked hard for Crypti.

With this said, it is time to gather up and construct a detailed roadmap on Crypti's future development. No more hiding behind curtains, transparency is key.

This shouldn't take months. If you need to restructure, now is the time.

Well we are at an interesting point in time for Crypti development. The initial core development on all of the features promised during the funding round are now all but complete. The foundation managed to make it almost 2 years on 1/30th (that's a random number for symbolic sake) of the budget of Ethereum and we are very proud of what we have achieved. The foundation stopped paying any foundation members or employees a few months back and everyone still here and involved is doing so because we believe in the project and want to see it succeed in the long term. There are several options on the table and we are awaiting a final proposal from Stas in regards to his current vision so we can weigh it among the remaining foundation members.

I think that while this turn of events makes me a little bit sad, and we hate to lose any members of the Foundation, it is only fitting that Stas, Arman, Boris, Myself, and Mike are the members still standing as the core of the Foundation. We are the 5 members who started this journey almost 2 years ago and we are the ones who will carry it into the future.

I think if anything, looking at the history and path that Crypti has taken to get to this point, we have shown our dedication and ability to successfully manage a project. We are delivering the final milestones we promised in our initial roadmap. Not a lot of teams can say that in this industry. While Crypti itself hasn't fully caught on, we are very proud of where we are at and think that the core technology is rock solid. While yes, the future is still a bit unknown at this point, the exciting part is that it's a wide open world of possibilities. We are excited to begin this next phase of our journey together.

I would love to hear ideas from those of you who are still here in regards to what you would like to see next, where you think Crypti should go in the future, and what you think would be something really cool to see out of the Crypto space. Also, who has gripes about the current core features, client, design, or product as it stands? Are there any minor tweaks you would still like to see or nuisances you would like us to sure up?

Bigcabrito

Activity: 504

Communications Lead

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 06:06:08 AM

I would love to hear ideas from those of you who are still here in regards to what you would like to see next

Open dialogue. Communication. That is what I would love to see next.

You mentioned 5 members as "the members still standing as the core of the Foundation", these being Stas, Arman, Boris, GreXX and Mike. Latest posts from either of them are months ago. It's like you guys disappeared... I'm not defending what Max and Olivier did with forking and leaving Crypti, but those two carried the project on their shoulders for months. I can smell their frustration miles away. The planning for what's coming up next for Crypti is not supposed to take months of planning. And yes, it has been months since Crypti's future is still a bit unknown. I am not part of the foundation and found myself frustrated with the lack of updates and communication.

On a separate note, I asked this awhile back when marketing was an issue, but Arman is being sold as the "Marketing Officer" on the Crypti website, what have been his accomplishments as marketing officer of Crypti?

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Lisk Community Manager
GreXX

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 06:34:31 AM

I would love to hear ideas from those of you who are still here in regards to what you would like to see next

You mentioned 5 members as "the members still standing as the core of the Foundation", these being Stas, Arman, Boris, GreXX and Mike. Latest posts from either of them are months ago. It's like you guys disappeared... I'm not defending what Max and Olivier did with forking and leaving Crypti, but those two carried the project on their shoulders for months. I can smell their frustration miles away. The planning for what's coming up next for Crypti is not supposed to take months of planning. And yes, it has been months since Crypti's future is still a bit unknown. I am not part of the foundation and found myself frustrated with the lack of updates and communication.

On a separate note, I asked this awhile back when marketing was an issue, but Arman is being sold as the "Marketing Officer" on the Crypti website, what have been his accomplishments as marketing officer of Crypti?

The reason you hadn't heard from most of us in quite some time is because Max was promoted to community manager some time ago and he was nominated to be the voice of the Foundation to the community. This was his main role in the Foundation. In order to make sure that no one was superseding him or mixing wires, we all communicated internally and then he would relay the message outward. We far from disappeared and the foundation is active on Slack throughout the day on a daily basis.

Also, for the record, most of the energy was focused on closing out the features we set out to make. The future, post meeting those goals, has been something we have discussed for a very long time. We have several ideas, but sometimes these monumental decisions can be more strenuous than you think. There is some truth to the idea that functioning as a Foundation and requiring consensus takes time. The Crypti Foundation currently works much like the American Congress. Members come up with a proposal, present it, and we all review it and come back with feedback. If the majority don't approve, or have suggestions on ways to modify or improve the idea, we refine it and then re-address. It surely isn't the fastest process and some companies might be more efficient when it comes to the decision making, but we are an international team of people from all over the world with vastly different experience in a number of industries and backgrounds. Because of this, we feel it is important to have consensus among one another. This is how we have worked from day 1 and it is most likely how we will continue to work in the future.

But I do take note and agree that the Foundation has always struggled to publicize some of our internal debate. This is definitely something we need to work on and get better at as a group.

As to Arman, the plan from the beginning had been to conserve funds by not pushing marketing until we finalized our core feature set and had something worthwhile to market. Our target audience for marketing, in our minds, is JavaScript developers. The problem we saw, was that we couldn't really market Crypti to them effectively until we had the platform built for them to try out. This required us to complete the platform, initial documentation, and some example dapps in order to show how easy it is to work and distribute apps with the Crypti platform. We have really only reached that point recently (within the last couple months) and it is something we are all addressing, not just Arman. I don't think that he will be solely in charge of marketing, it will most likely be a group effort, that was simply the area he was most active and interested in when we assigned roles.

GreXX

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 06:38:38 AM

Also, saying they carried the project on their shoulders for months is a bit of a misunderstanding. All core development for the entire project was conducted by Boris and his team from day 1 until now. Crypti exists because of him and his efforts. Really, without Boris, there would be no Crypti. He started the project, he brought all of us on at various points in development to help him build Crypti, but it was always his baby, and it still is. I don't think he is getting enough credit here. Boris has carried this entire project on his back for 2 years. Period.

Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 06:41:48 AM

Hello,
I've been around since the start. Still holding some coins.

Yes, communication has been an issue. Max has been the one to deliver any updates and reply to any posts..

Marketing has also been an issue. Ethereum, Had some big time people involved in the project. So were able to get lots of media coverage. We don't have that person or at least I'm not aware of them.So I agree with Bigcabrito.

Avalanche is a must own
bitseedmike

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 06:51:58 AM

As one of the founders and Foundation member, I would like to add my observations and suggestions.

Today, shortly after I signed on for our regular meeting, I saw the post by Max that he and Olivier would be shortly announcing their launch of a new project forked from Crypti. None of the rest of us had any idea or indication of this plan. When the public announcement was made with more details, it was even more of a surprise that it would be a relaunch with an ICO including conversion of existing XCR into a new token.

As Grexx has mentioned above, Max and Olivier were adamantly opposed to this when it was proposed a month ago.

Their original proposal was to dissolve the existing foundation and replace it with a smaller new board consisting of themselves and new members actively working on the project, and take control of all remaining funds. They also wanted to move all discussion to the Rocket.chat forum and open source the rest of the code. Subsequent work would consist of adding BTC integration to Crypti and continuing promotion to build community and encourage development of Dapps.

Overall, this seemed like a reasonable plan to me for the next phase of the project, but an alternate plan was also proposed to do a re-launch almost identical to what is now being done with Lisk to raise more funding to pay for continued development. Additional funding rounds are very common in start-ups, and the Crypti team has a proven track record of delivering a working product, so this approach is viable as well as a means to continue development on a regular schedule and to pay for much needed marketing and PR.

Unlike a traditional start-up, we made a commitment to the original investors that would be no more dilution after the initial pre-sale of XCR. In order to keep this commitment and still be able to continue, my proposal has been to do what Max and Olivier originally suggested - continuing Crypti as a completely open source, transparent project with active community participation, and launching the new project, which would be based on Crypti technology but focused on current trends in the distributed ledger technology space. Development in the new project would be released back into the Crypti project as open source code while business strategy for the new project can remain confidential as needed to optimize shareholder value.

Most critically, to avoid dividing the community and team members, instead of requiring holders of XCR to convert XCR into shares in the new project, we would do a share drop, which allows XCR holders to keep their holdings in Crypti while also receiving a stake in the new company. Share drops were originated by Bitshares with Protoshares and Angelshares receiving BTSX and other tokens. It has also been used by Swarm to issue Swarm holders shares in Manna along with other start-ups.

After this meeting and my above proposal several weeks ago, discussion had been minimal, and some of us were working on the details of the plan so the team would have things detailed in writing and agreed upon to present to the community for review and comment. Also, the core developers have been very busy for the past couple of months meeting a deadline on another project which would use Crypti in an embedded application intended for mass distribution.

Then, today, out of the blue, came the announcement from Max that they were launching this new project on their own, and it has caused the predictable confusion among investors and community members.

I strongly suggest to Max and Olivier that they at least consider doing a share drop as well, instead of the conversion of XCR to shares in Lisk. This would prevent confusion to stakeholders and reduce risk by allowing people to retain their stake in Crypti as well as have a stake in the new company based on the technology they invested in, along with current investors also having a stake in the new launch by the founding core development team of Crypti. Crypti itself can also continue as an established, fully open source project.

We will be posting more details on the new project, but it still needs to be fully reviewed and approved by the team prior to release.

dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 11:06:11 AM

Patience and balls of steel, gentelmen. For example today I ended up with more XCR and more capitalisation then I had yesterday.

starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 11:08:14 AM

Bye bye, my delegate! Again! Cry
I see someone downwoted about 3% stake in Crypti, not only my delegate Shocked
Coincidence? Grin
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 11:34:24 AM

Statement regarding recent Allegations

Hello Everyone,

After yesterdays announcement regarding Olivier and me leaving Crypti and founding Lisk, there were many uncertainties, fears and untruth told. With this blog post I want to clear some things up.

Please read the full statement on our blog.

I think everybody is more interested in the future, not the past. If you have a great plan for Lisk it's about time to share with everyone. In the lisk thread.

child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 11:38:33 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2016, 11:49:07 AM by child_harold

Summarizing some of what I've read is it correct to say that?:

The Crytpi Foundation has:

a) Created the platform they set out to create, or 99% of it
b) Run out of funds for development.

THOUGHT: Approach Amazon. I'm sure Amazon would love to get into this space MS style using their own S3.

PS (joke):Lisk is to Crypti as BitcoinXT is to Bitcoin?
Lisk=CryptiXT ?

crypti (OP)

Activity: 511

Boris, Crypti Lead Developer, Lisk Advisor

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 11:47:27 AM

Bye bye, my delegate! Again! Cry
I see someone downwoted about 3% stake in Crypti, not only my delegate Shocked
Coincidence? Grin

Funds was moved from foundation acc to new foundation acc. Because votes moved, we will wote again, no worries Smiley
crypti (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 11:48:05 AM

Statement regarding recent Allegations

Hello Everyone,

After yesterdays announcement regarding Olivier and me leaving Crypti and founding Lisk, there were many uncertainties, fears and untruth told. With this blog post I want to clear some things up.

Please read the full statement on our blog.

Max, you have your own thread, please, post your announces there.
Aram Mojtabai

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 11:54:10 AM

THOUGHT: Approach Amazon. I'm sure Amazon would love to get into this space MS style using their own S3.

Lisk=CryptiXT ?

public ipo wallet has 0 btc  Grin
crypti (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 12:02:59 PM

Lisk=CryptiXT ?

public ipo wallet has 0 btc  Grin

And now you are registering fake accounts Smiley

Great work guys
child_harold

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 12:12:59 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2016, 12:24:12 PM by child_harold

Is there a shortage of funds to continue development at this point in time?
Is the platform almost complete/complete and ready for mainstream adoption?

Theres lots of VC funding for projects like this. Take a look at Factom. Couldnt you sell some of your stakes to raise capital. I assume the Foundation members have large stakes in XCR.

Aram Mojtabai

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 12:26:39 PM

Theres lots of VC funding for projects like this. Take a look at Factom. Couldnt you sell some of your stakes to raise capital. I assume the Foundation members have large stakes in XCR.

their wallet empty   Kiss
child_harold

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 12:30:35 PM

their wallet empty   Kiss

Even if thats true Crypti seems to have a (nearly) complete platform so there could be solutions.

Could somebody besides Aram Mojtabai  respond?

starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 01:02:35 PM

Funds was moved from foundation acc to new foundation acc. Because votes moved, we will wote again, no worries Smiley
What was the reason for moving funds? Huh

And now you are registering fake accounts Smiley
And spamming personal messages! Angry
Pages: « 1 ... 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 [585] 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: