Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:01:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 [592] 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804605 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 07:49:33 PM

I have to agree with rtrtcrypto. You can't relaunch what is essentially the same project with a new ICO and expect people to have more confidence that you'll achieve what you set out to do this time around. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Are you also stupid? What relaunch are you talking about? Lisk is a fork of Crypti. If you call any fork a relaunch then Bitcoin has been relaucnhed hundreds of times by now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 07:53:26 PM

I think MAX and OLIVIER really put the XCR team in a tough spot. I'm just not comfortable with where either project is headed at this stage. I'm just bothered that you have bag holders (who likely have a share smaller than mine, btw) trying to PUMP this as a good thing. LOL. That is laughable. I'd prefer LISK and XCR to integrate and airdrop 25% to legacy XCR holders or SOMETHING. Having two groups now moving forward with something that has this little community support is just a waste of everyone's time (I can afford the losses and the time wasted, but can the devs?)  

Yes, I can convert my XCR to LISK, but, that still leaves two teams fighting over almost no community and support. The project(s) just look desperate now.

I have to agree with rtrtcrypto. You can't relaunch what is essentially the same project with a new ICO and expect people to have more confidence that you'll achieve what you set out to do this time around. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 07:53:44 PM

dzarmush, you're not getting it. Crypti is now Lisk. The Crypti founders including Boris who "was" Crypti, agreed they can't continue.. Naturally they will convert their xcr to Lisk so all their work

A newbie making statement about core team plans without any proof is very reliable.

poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 07:58:43 PM

I think MAX and OLIVIER really put the XCR team in a tough spot. I'm just not comfortable with where either project is headed at this stage. I'm just bothered that you have bag holders (who likely have a share smaller than mine, btw) trying to PUMP this as a good thing. LOL. That is laughable. I'd prefer LISK and XCR to integrate and airdrop 25% to legacy XCR holders or SOMETHING. Having two groups now moving forward with something that has this little community support is just a waste of everyone's time (I can afford the losses and the time wasted, but can the devs?)  

Yes, I can convert my XCR to LISK, but, that still leaves two teams fighting over almost no community and support. The project(s) just look desperate now.

What two teams? The XCR foundation are supporting Lisk. There won't be two groups after the ICO, it'll just be Lisk, really.

Whether that is a good or bad thing is up for debate. But there is no feasible way for XCR to survive after the ICO. It's a choice of either selling your XCR to others (who logically will trade them in for Lisk) or converting Lisk yourself. Just holding onto XCR past the ICO makes no sense at all.

As for no community, that really was the problem with XCR all along. If the ICO can get outside investors, then it has a chance. If not... there will be a lot of Lisk dumping post-ICO.
charvesp

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 07:59:13 PM

dzarmush, you're not getting it. Crypti is now Lisk. The Crypti founders including Boris who "was" Crypti, agreed they can't continue..

A newbie making statement about core team plans without any proof is very reliable.

I didn't create the account yesterday. I rarely post obv. But is like something wrong with your reading comprehension?

All of this is in the chat. You said you read it? Maybe you have multiple personality and the other you read it.

Its all a little complicated so maybe I am not 100% accurate. But the bottom line is, Crypti foundation is no longer

continuing and is fully supporting Lisk. Most of the foundation members are moving on to other things.

And Max is waiting for Boris to decide what kind of role he might want to play in Lisk if any.

Its all in the public chat, geez.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 08:06:02 PM

What two teams? The XCR foundation are supporting Lisk. There won't be two groups after the ICO, it'll just be Lisk, really.

Whether that is a good or bad thing is up for debate. But there is no feasible way for XCR to survive after the ICO. It's a choice of either selling your XCR to others (who logically will trade them in for Lisk) or converting Lisk yourself. Just holding onto XCR past the ICO makes no sense at all.

As for no community, that really was the problem with XCR all along. If the ICO can get outside investors, then it has a chance. If not... there will be a lot of Lisk dumping post-ICO.

Didn't you read what REALLY happened? A tool developing guy and a PR guy left Crypti and forked it. That's all. Crypti team has no problems with that, and why would they? It's an opensource project, anybody can fork it.

rtrtcrypto

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 08:06:53 PM

I suppose I'm still not sure what "support" will mean - if XCR team really does move on full time on to LISK, then it will be a real travesty to not airdrop to the legacy XCR crowd. Every investor would just prefer to have a diluted stake in LISK as opposed to holding the bag of a protocol with no devs working on it.

I'm sorry, but that IS just a name change and new ICO hoping to score more cash in a way that totally devastates all investors in XCR. It would be unconscionable.

rtrtcrypto

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 08:07:52 PM

For fucks sake:

http://pastebin.com/y7y5g3mq

READ!
GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 08:12:37 PM

For the record, Mike and I approached the Lisk team about an Airdrop and a possible way for how it would work. Max had already decided he wanted to go the manner outlined in their blog post instead. Fortunately, the 1300 Satoshi conversion is a favorable rate. We really wanted to avoid the dilution problem, but this is the best option they are going to offer as of right now. If you want to address the issue of the airdrop, you could head over to their chat or their BTT thread and bring it up and propose a possible solution. At the end of the day, what they are offering is a pretty good deal from my perspective.

The Crypti Foundation built what we set out to make and more. I wish we had continued funds and community support enough to market, build a stronger community, and commission some great dapps, but that simply isn't the case. With that being said, keep in mind that anyone can continue Crypti. The tech, website, and all materials will now be 100% open source and the network can easily be run forever if people are willing to run it. A project like this could never have existed without community support and development, and we simply didn't get the support and interest we had expected. Part of that is lack of marketing efforts, part of that is the immense machine that is Eth.

If we were able to go back, there are 100s of things we would probably do differently, but I am still happy with how far we have come and what we were able to accomplish on a fraction of the budget of other projects.

charvesp

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 08:13:52 PM

I suppose I'm still not sure what "support" will mean - if XCR team really does move on full time on to LISK, then it will be a real travesty to not airdrop to the legacy XCR crowd. Every investor would just prefer to have a diluted stake in LISK as opposed to holding the bag of a protocol with no devs working on it.

I'm sorry, but that IS just a name change and new ICO hoping to score more cash in a way that totally devastates all investors in XCR. It would be unconscionable.

For sure its not pretty but what can you do? Crypti foundation had a plan for the dapp fundraising. They had no idea Max/Olivier were going to do this.

I guess after going over their options its pretty obvious Crypti can't compete and if Lisk is offering a conversion for xcr and want to take over.

The foundation is like, ok you wanna do all the work from now on and think you can succeed? Go for it, we're tired.

If don't want to see Eth as the only platform, consider supporting Lisk better than we had Crypti.
GreXX

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 08:18:57 PM

In response to whether or not the Crypti Foundation team is transitioning to Lisk, I can only speak for myself. I will not be moving on in any form of official capacity. I will stop in from time to time as a community member to check up on the project, as I have invested a ton of myself into building the core network technology and overall concept, but I won't at any point be on the team for my own personal reasons.

Boris is the only one I know was officially approached and offered the opportunity to join in an official advisory like capacity that I am aware of. That's not to say they couldn't have PM'ed others and reached out, but I am unaware of it if they did.

rtrtcrypto

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 08:19:22 PM

Ok,

So be it. I will convert 90% of my stake to LISK. I won't however, support that project with any of my time or money. I think MAX and OLIVIER really messed up - morally, that is a shitty way to go about everything.

Thanks GreXX, for your time and effort.

For the record, Mike and I approached the Lisk team about an Airdrop and a possible way for how it would work. Max had already decided he wanted to go the manner outlined in their blog post instead. Fortunately, the 1300 Satoshi conversion is a favorable rate. We really wanted to avoid the dilution problem, but this is the best option they are going to offer as of right now. If you want to address the issue of the airdrop, you could head over to their chat or their BTT thread and bring it up and propose a possible solution. At the end of the day, what they are offering is a pretty good deal from my perspective.

The Crypti Foundation built what we set out to make and more. I wish we had continued funds and community support enough to market, build a stronger community, and commission some great dapps, but that simply isn't the case. With that being said, keep in mind that anyone can continue Crypti. The tech, website, and all materials will now be 100% open source and the network can easily be run forever if people are willing to run it. A project like this could never have existed without community support and development, and we simply didn't get the support and interest we had expected. Part of that is lack of marketing efforts, part of that is the immense machine that is Eth.

If we were able to go back, there are 100s of things we would probably do differently, but I am still happy with how far we have come and what we were able to accomplish on a fraction of the budget of other projects.
GreXX

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 08:26:45 PM

If you support the core technology and you think it's a solid system that with some expansion can compete against Eth, I would strongly encourage everyone to support Lisk. Whether you agree with how everything went down or not, I believe they WILL make progress and continue development. So if you supported Crypti this far because of the tech, it will continue to grow through Lisk.

Keep in mind though, that just as easily as they have forked Crypti into a new project, so can you, or anyone else at this point. The network is complete and solid and we will continue to support critical bug fixes for 6 months. So it's a great starting off point for any project and offers up a huge jump-start with a really strong core network. It's open source and belongs to everyone now, as originally intended.

Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 08:49:00 PM

In addition, we need to gauge whether or not there will be any submissions for the Dapp Contest. We have received very little feedback or interest up to this point but I know Wulf mentioned possibly working on something. If we will not have any submissions (which we have only 2 days left), we would like to refund the dapp contest funds to the donors. If you are planning on submitting, please let us know. A quality review board will still be held for any submissions to ensure the quality and relevance of any submissions, but if you are planning on making a submission, we want to honor the commitment we made to the contest. Thanks!

I would like to develop a DApp, conceptually I have everything ready, and it's something that I could code quite easily, but I still can't get the Environment setup or running. 2 Days is far too little time to develop much of anything however and, if there is no extension to the contest I will not be able to complete the DApp. Unless there is an extension of a month to the DApp contest, I won't be able to provide any submissions.

I would say the best option, would be to give the DApp contest funds back to the donors. The DApp contest was originally meant to entice developers into developing apps for Crypti, but as you can see, there is almost no one working on DApps at the moment or the foreseeable future (with the split/fragmentation to Lisk and whatnot). It would be unfair to the donors to use their funds to promote a dying contest, which didn't pan out the way anyone intended.
bitseedmike

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 09:44:48 PM

@rtrtcrypto - be careful what you wish for, it may come true. There is a very good chance you will end up with much a higher stake with the conversion than you would with 25% airdrop. Lisk will have to raise around 2300 BTC to lower your stake from conversion to what it would be with a 25% airdrop. You're better off with the conversion unless the ICO really goes through the roof.

poornamelessme

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 09:52:17 PM

@rtrtcrypto - be careful what you wish for, it may come true. There is a very good chance you will end up with much a higher stake with the conversion than you would with 25% airdrop. Lisk will have to raise around 2300 BTC to lower your stake from conversion to what it would be with a 25% airdrop. You're better off with the conversion unless the ICO really goes through the roof.

Actually he'd still be better off with the conversion even if the ICO goes through the roof, as that extra BTC invested would logically lead to better marketing, better devs, and a much higher price. Or worst case, a ton of buying pressure/interest after the ICO.

The potential problem with the ICO is if it doesn't bring in a lot of BTC. Then XCR people will have a higher stake (at least compared to if the ICO did super well), but not enough volume/interest to cash it out.
bitseedmike

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 09:53:17 PM

In addition, we need to gauge whether or not there will be any submissions for the Dapp Contest. We have received very little feedback or interest up to this point but I know Wulf mentioned possibly working on something. If we will not have any submissions (which we have only 2 days left), we would like to refund the dapp contest funds to the donors. If you are planning on submitting, please let us know. A quality review board will still be held for any submissions to ensure the quality and relevance of any submissions, but if you are planning on making a submission, we want to honor the commitment we made to the contest. Thanks!

I would like to develop a DApp, conceptually I have everything ready, and it's something that I could code quite easily, but I still can't get the Environment setup or running. 2 Days is far too little time to develop much of anything however and, if there is no extension to the contest I will not be able to complete the DApp. Unless there is an extension of a month to the DApp contest, I won't be able to provide any submissions.

I would say the best option, would be to give the DApp contest funds back to the donors. The DApp contest was originally meant to entice developers into developing apps for Crypti, but as you can see, there is almost no one working on DApps at the moment or the foreseeable future (with the split/fragmentation to Lisk and whatnot). It would be unfair to the donors to use their funds to promote a dying contest, which didn't pan out the way anyone intended.

Thank you for letting us know this. This has been a topic of discussion and we have been wanting to refund the donations, but we were keeping the contest open in case there were last minute quality submissions. At this point, it would make a lot more sense to develop dapps on Lisk, and have a contest there with the resources to better promote the contest on a more mature platform.

bitseedmike

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 09:55:15 PM

Actually he'd still be better off with the conversion even if the ICO goes through the roof, as that extra BTC invested would logically lead to better marketing, better devs, and a much higher price. Or worst case, a ton of buying pressure/interest after the ICO.

The potential problem with the ICO is if it doesn't bring in a lot of BTC. Then XCR people will have a higher stake (at least compared to if the ICO did super well), but not enough volume/interest to cash it out.

Exactly, these two of the three scenarios I pointed out earlier, each of which has advantages for XCR holders.

rtrtcrypto

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 09:57:03 PM

Is there a set date for Lisk ICO and are the XCR conversion parameters set in stone?

Thx.
poornamelessme

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:01:54 PM

Is there a set date for Lisk ICO and are the XCR conversion parameters set in stone?

Thx.

Info on their Lisk blog (just google it, I don't like to put links as some can be paranoid about clicking links).

I believe it starts Feb 22, and according to their blog, not all terms are necessarily set in stone. I expect the 1300 rate to be pretty set, however, as they mentioned it before they even put up the more detailed ICO info.

There is also a refund period, so there really is no reason to not convert it over. Choice is either sell or convert.
Pages: « 1 ... 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 [592] 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: