Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:20:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 [1019] 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984116 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nembit86

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 07:23:42 PM

Hopefully readers of this thread will understand more and benefit from Jabo's very detailed reply to the recent critics. I hope new readers will join us, we are here for the long haul....... Smiley Smiley

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pgb

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 08:32:29 PM

this just in: The app costs around 20k and is almost entirely paid for already.

I would like to bring some clarity about the app.  Lots of information is being thrown around that is not accurate. 

First, there is not one app, there are two.  One is being written for Android and the other in iOS, so there are two teams, working in two languages for two different platforms and having to coordinate to make this a cross platform set of apps.   

Second, NEM is 100% new code.  If NEM was a Bitcoin clone, we could also clone some previously made Bitcoin app and rebrand it as our own.  That is not the case.  These apps are being written from scratch too and are doing a pretty amazing job of working with the system that is also new. 

Third, these apps will be open-sourced, so they aren't just an app, they will be a tool for third party devs to fork and build on NEM.  We are doing the hard part so that in the future others can get their specialized NEM app done for cheap. 

Additionally, during the course of making these apps, Apple upgraded to Swift 2, so then the iOS app was upgraded to this language.  This is a great thing because Swift 2 as a language will not just be used to make iOS apps, but also apps for the Mac app store. Likewise a Windows app store will enable porting of Android apps into Windows at some point.  While there is no plans to get these apps on the Mac app store or Windows app store at this time, that is a longer range possibility.  First we are just looking at getting them launched on iOS and Android. 

Fourth, due to the scope of these apps and the work involved building new apps for a new blockchain, we actually got a good deal.  There were many different professional app companies contacted and other estimates were a lot higher.  (In hindsight, had we taken the higher priced devs, we would already have the app by now, but that is how it goes.)

Lastly, the app costs just over 20k and is mostly paid off. 

Thanks a lot for clarifying things Jabo. You could say it louder but not clearer!!  Wink

NEM : TAFTFJ-JJ4XTW-FNYZU7-HZR2Y2-RXIKEW-QIOWFJ-WM4N
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 09:05:39 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2015, 09:15:40 PM by Eadeqa

Hopefully readers of this thread will understand more and benefit from Jabo's very detailed reply to the recent critics. I hope new readers will join us, we are here for the long haul....... Smiley Smiley

What is long haul? 50 years? The IPO was like in January 2014? In less than two months it would be 2 years. Where would nem be in next 2 years? Want to make a prediction or you going to just sit around for 50 years and chant long haul?

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 09:26:28 PM

What is long haul? 50 years? The IPO was like in January 2014? In less than two months it would be 2 years. Where would nem be in next 2 years? Want to make a prediction or you going to just sit around for 50 years and chant long haul?

Long haul for me is the next 5-10 years!

And that goes with ALL crypto currencies ive invested in!

You would have to be a complete idiot if you think you are going to make money overnight with this sort of stuff, and from what i read on BTT, it seems alot of people expect this with the majority of shitcoins!

Well i can tell you only a handful will prevail. I dont need to tell you where NEM will be in 5 years, its quite obvious!

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 09:33:44 PM

You would have to be a complete idiot if you think you are going to make money overnight with this sort of stuff, and from what i read on BTT, it seems alot of people expect this with the majority of shitcoins!

Well i can tell you only a handful will prevail. I dont need to tell you where NEM will be in 5 years, its quite obvious!

Thats the main problem, people want to make 100% returns every other week in crypto. 

Blockchain tech is where everything is headed the next 2-5 years...

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 10:10:02 PM

I dont need to tell you where NEM will be in 5 years, its quite obvious!

If you think it's obvious where nem will be in 5 years, that says a lot about your credibility. You aren't honest, probably not even to yourself.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 11:33:05 PM

So as some of you might have heard we've done quite many optimizations recently (mostly thanks to BloodyRookie),
and we have nem-related private test network running at 100tx/s.
Mainnet won't run with such speed, but mainnet will benefit from many optimizations we've done.

We're still working on next release, that will include mosaics, there's a nice thing that haven't been announced anywhere
that we want to include in this release, that's why things are getting postponed.

We hope we'll have some interesting news #soon, so be patient and don't lose hope.

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
kwest

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 12:59:23 AM

I don't know if NEM will be successful, I don't even know if Bitcoin will be successful (what with the big banks working on their own blockchain tech now - The Distributed Ledger Group). All I know is that I hold a diversified portfolio of crypto, stocks, bonds, etc.. and NEM is in that portfolio. How much? About 0.7% of my entire portfolio (BTC is at 1.9%). I don't care if it goes to zero.. I'm not buying, I'm not selling. Just holding as a long term investment in the crypto space.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 05:02:40 AM

Just sold everything I have (at a loss).  Good luck to everyone and the project, I'm going outside  Smiley
Thanks Man for those 4m at 25sat!! Good Luck in your endevours  Wink

Have fun partying with the ETH devs Smiley

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 05:03:59 AM

37k for a mobile app?  Shocked Huh Well definitely want to see some real updates before I invest any further in NEM, this sounds a bit scammy and disappointing. I've red the White Paper and it was so beautifull, consistent and eloquent, but these kind of actions make me seriously doubt the intentions of the devs. Do they want to create a legimite worldwide economic blockchain platform, or do they just want to grab the money and gtfo?

Any big updates coming for NEM? When and what are they about?

The mobile app was no where near $37k. That budget is set aside for mobile app dev for future versions over the years to come. Also, the current mobile app is about 80% paid for already and we still have $37k left even at this low price  Shocked

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 05:13:47 AM

this just in: The app costs around 20k and is almost entirely paid for already.

I would like to bring some clarity about the app.  Lots of information is being thrown around that is not accurate. 

First, there is not one app, there are two.  One is being written for Android and the other in iOS, so there are two teams, working in two languages for two different platforms and having to coordinate to make this a cross platform set of apps.   

Second, NEM is 100% new code.  If NEM was a Bitcoin clone, we could also clone some previously made Bitcoin app and rebrand it as our own.  That is not the case.  These apps are being written from scratch too and are doing a pretty amazing job of working with the system that is also new. 

Third, these apps will be open-sourced, so they aren't just an app, they will be a tool for third party devs to fork and build on NEM.  We are doing the hard part so that in the future others can get their specialized NEM app done for cheap. 

Additionally, during the course of making these apps, Apple upgraded to Swift 2, so then the iOS app was upgraded to this language.  This is a great thing because Swift 2 as a language will not just be used to make iOS apps, but also apps for the Mac app store. Likewise a Windows app store will enable porting of Android apps into Windows at some point.  While there is no plans to get these apps on the Mac app store or Windows app store at this time, that is a longer range possibility.  First we are just looking at getting them launched on iOS and Android. 

Fourth, due to the scope of these apps and the work involved building new apps for a new blockchain, we actually got a good deal.  There were many different professional app companies contacted and other estimates were a lot higher.  (In hindsight, had we taken the higher priced devs, we would already have the app by now, but that is how it goes.)

Lastly, the app costs just over 20k and is mostly paid off. 

The apps are both native, too. No phonegap or other lame stuff like that. The iOS app is swift and we actually got them to implement our cryptography code in swift natively.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
Xpedite

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

DRAMA: Dumb Retards Asking More Attention

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 07:58:45 AM

... and we actually got them to implement our cryptography code in swift natively.

Nice, anyone with working brain cells should realise that's more important in the long term than than this whole FUDstorm  Wink
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 12:45:45 PM

The problem is the project was dependent on popularity and usage via fair distribution, which didn't really do anything but create a bunch of sellers who were happy to sell their free stake for anything. You have anonymous developers who can't market their product because they are anonymous.  NEM offers new development and POI, but no one really seems to care.  It's a bummer cause I like the project, but right now I see BTC, ETH, and maybe a few others will survive the Alt coin bubble.  I have a lot of NEM, but I'm not sure I can even sell it at this point.

Anonymous?  Really?

You can listen to use using our real names and real voices here.  https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-247-understanding-the-new-economy-movement My real phone number is on the press releases.  Makoto has been in the newspapers in Japan weekly and regularly has his picture taken and speaks in front of people each week.  He just spoke at a major conference this week, and that was not anything new for him.  

Makoto is a real person and he was down in Kuala Lumpur to meet the blockchain community.

dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 02:19:47 PM

... and we actually got them to implement our cryptography code in swift natively.

Nice, anyone with working brain cells should realise that's more important in the long term than than this whole FUDstorm  Wink

Give me your definition of long term? At the rate this project is moving I would estimate 10+ years before you see any rise in valuation.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
Trollollo

Activity: 539

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 04:30:49 PM

Give me your definition of long term? At the rate this project is moving I would estimate 10+ years before you see any rise in valuation.

For first Bitcoin miners it took 4 years,to get paid for their work Wink

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
andme
Legendary

Activity: 1422
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 06:32:04 PM

PHOTOMEAD PRESENTATION:  en, ru.

Status of development progress in PhotoMed project, information from the project devs:
1) Landing (layout, front- and back-end). 95%. Left to deploy and testing. If there are other language versions - they are easy to add.
2) Design. 85-90%. Almost all of the pages are ready. Some ones are finishing right now, some ones not at all, but these only a couple.
3) Layout of the main part of the project. 1-3%, development began in the last week.
4) The front-end programming of the main part of 0%.
5) Back-end core. 5-10%, the architecture is ready almost completely and the localization mechanism is ready totally.

The project is urgently need enterprising persons:
marketing and SEO experts with good English (working with social networks). Pls PM.

Session      ● WireMin      ● Point      ● NYM
coinyoo

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 06:52:39 PM

I am curious. What has this app to do with NEM? Do not get the link. Do you integrate NEM in any way?

Status of development progress in PhotoMed project, information from the project devs:
1) Landing (layout, front- and back-end). 95%. Left to deploy and testing. If there are other language versions - they are easy to add.
2) Design. 85-90%. Almost all of the pages are ready. Some ones are finishing right now, some ones not at all, but these only a couple.
3) Layout of the main part of the project. 1-3%, development began in the last week.
5) Back-end core. 5-10%, the architecture is ready almost completely and the localization mechanism is ready totally.

marketing and SEO experts with good English (working with social networks). Pls PM.

andme
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 07:08:10 PM

I am curious. What has this app to do with NEM? Do not get the link. Do you integrate NEM in any way?

The answer is in the presentation:  en, ru.
Internal accounting system for operations in a PhotoMed service is cryptocurrency. It is based on the platform of the second generation of NEM (New Economy Movement) and provides a channel - instant service of international transfers DragonFly Pay.

dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 07:23:08 PM

marketing and SEO experts

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahaha wrong thread for that my friend.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
andme
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 07:29:09 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2015, 07:43:37 PM by andme

marketing and SEO experts

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahaha wrong thread for that my friend.

perhaps. but who knows?
creative experts inhabit in the most unexpected places usually  Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 [1019] 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: