Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:25:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 [1023] 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984060 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2015, 12:34:59 PM

Bank of England blockchain challenge.

"hey we need some ideas, what to do with the blockchain. I know, let's ask students, we won't have to pay them a single dime!"

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2015, 01:13:53 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2015, 01:29:07 PM by makoto1337

"hey we need some ideas, what to do with the blockchain. I know, let's ask students, we won't have to pay them a single dime!"

Bank of Japan is doing something similar. I am applying to give a talk at their event.

I will look into the Bank of England site.

BTW, is bankofenglandearlycareers.co.uk even legit? It seems like a weird URL.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
tolstoy

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 11:41:07 PM

Bank of Japan is doing something similar. I am applying to give a talk at their event.

It's legit.

The Bank of England main site is www.bankofengland.co.uk
The careers section is www.bankofengland.co.uk/careers/Pages/default.aspx
and the Early Careers links directly to https://www.bankofenglandearlycareers.co.uk/

The Blockchain Challenge is listed here
https://www.bankofenglandearlycareers.co.uk/our-events/
https://www.bankofenglandearlycareers.co.uk/#it-competition

The competition is also in their LinkedIn page
https://www.linkedin.com/company/bank-of-england

Their email is
early.careers@bankofengland.co.uk

If this doesn't get our foot in the door at the Bank of England, at least it will put NEM on their radar.
Mijin's goal of reducing the cost of the banking system by up to 1,000% by the end of 2018 should get their attention.

Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 01:01:29 AM

If this doesn't get our foot in the door at the Bank of England, at least it will put NEM on their radar.
Mijin's goal of reducing the cost of the banking system by up to 1,000% by the end of 2018 should get their attention.

The most crucial part for sure. Cheers for the links by the way.

Raising awareness of NEM (especially among those in finance now experimenting with blockchain tech) is a crucial step for the longevity of NEM as a whole.
pgb

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 01:34:37 AM

Raising awareness of NEM (especially among those in finance now experimenting with blockchain tech) is a crucial step for the longevity of NEM as a whole.

The talk of BoE or BoJ gives me the jitters, now I won't be able to sleep!! Please keep away from the devil. I thought we aimed at a new economy, fair and transparent.   Huh  Cry

NEM : TAFTFJ-JJ4XTW-FNYZU7-HZR2Y2-RXIKEW-QIOWFJ-WM4N
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 01:54:33 AM

The talk of BoE or BoJ gives me the jitters, now I won't be able to sleep!! Please keep away from the devil. I thought we aimed at a new economy, fair and transparent.   Huh  Cry

Glad you weren't around when I went out drinking with people from Goldman Sachs Wink

At the end of the day, people are just people. We must work with people if we want to create a new econemy.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 02:55:02 AM

https://forum.nem.io/t/mijin-and-nems-relationship/1647

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 09:37:22 AM

I just wonder when that debt bases system will be blown up we start using crypto.
Whole idea companies on blochain shares dividends is great this is something one century above us i think in current model.

But with information era is possible to execute such companies news for coins.
Shares ext.

Perfect economy system for governments:
- Money are are disappearing in rate like 1 / 30 per month (u must use currency)
- amount of disappearing currency is created by government (no one need to pay direct tax)
- tax are fixed and simple
- system promotes workers and consumption
- no banks needed

to save money you rather need to have children,stock in companies and hard assets not money in banks/accounts
all currency is flowing all time is force to be used by diapering.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Nortan12rx

Activity: 177

Nordway

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 02:02:00 PM

The talk of BoE or BoJ gives me the jitters, now I won't be able to sleep!! Please keep away from the devil. I thought we aimed at a new economy, fair and transparent.   Huh  Cry

Glad you weren't around when I went out drinking with people from Goldman Sachs Wink

At the end of the day, people are just people. We must work with people if we want to create a new econemy.

hi Makoto Smiley
i have a question..

nem- is a internet in the future?
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 02:13:09 PM

hi Makoto Smiley
i have a question..

nem- is a internet in the future?

Actually, that is something that I have thought about a lot.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
Nortan12rx

Activity: 177

Nordway

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 02:44:25 PM

if nem in the future is internet, xem price shouldn't matter.
if internet had a currency that its fluctuations in price wouldn't influence work of internet in any way.
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 05:49:13 PM

Could you tell the status of the precious metal coins? Somehow I don't find newer information about it.
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 06:03:55 PM

Leave it to the bankers to exploit the common people, it's what they do best!

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 07:12:49 AM

Could you tell the status of the precious metal coins? Somehow I don't find newer information about it.

I figure it's not gonna happen soon since it would cost too much XEM with the current marketcap.

vytasz7

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 08:27:25 AM

Any chance to see wallet updates this year? mosaic ?
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 09:30:02 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2015, 09:43:15 AM by lordoliver

I figure it's not gonna happen soon since it would cost too much XEM with the current marketcap.

Why does it cost xem? the coins are mostly bought with BTC and NXT, or not? Did you buy XEM with all of the money?

The question is:
Will it be done at all? (I don't mind if later, but its more about ever...) If not, why are you still selling?
How many coins were bought yet and how much have to be bought, until it is possible.
How would a refund be made? Also if the market cap went down even further ...

Could you edit the prices in the threads as well or remove it? I mean:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=763938.0 -> 3.9 BTC for a gold coin, 0.18 BTC for silver
http://altnemo.com/ -> 10 BTC for a gold coin, 0.6 BTC for a silver - or 6,250,000 xem for gold, which is about 2 BTC now...
Asset exchange -> 230000NXT (=3.7BTC) for a gold Coin, 13000NXT (0,21BTC) of the issuer account

I sent my tokens to the issuer account and sent an email. When will I get a confirmation?
patmast3r

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 09:58:16 AM

Why does it cost xem? the coins are mostly bought with BTC and NXT, or not? Did you buy XEM with all of the money?

The question is:
Will it be done at all? (I don't mind if later, but its more about ever...) If not, why are you still selling?
How many coins were bought yet and how much have to be bought, until it is possible.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=763938.0 -> 3.9 BTC for a gold coin, 0.18 BTC for silver
http://altnemo.com/ -> 10 BTC for a gold coin, 0.6 BTC for a silver - or 6,250,000 xem for gold, which is about 2 BTC now...
Asset exchange -> 230000NXT (=3.7BTC) for a gold Coin, 13000NXT (0,21BTC) of the issuer account

I sent my tokens to the issuer account and sent an email. When will I get a confirmation?

I don't know about the people who bought them on the AE. I was talking about the coins for the stakeholders. You'll have to ask makoto1337 about those coins.

However if you bought them you'll either get them or be refunded. There is no way makoto will scam you. I'll point him to your post.

patmast3r

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 10:00:03 AM

new release went to testnet yesterday. I'm guessing a new version of NIS (that includes mosaics) will be released soon but I really don't know.

makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 12:21:25 PM

The question is:

The minimum mintage is 3500 coins, which we can get if the marketcap goes up and the coin program moves forward.

We got your email. If you don't want to wait, we can of course refund as per the terms here: http://altnemo.com/terms

We will assess in the coming weeks whether the coin program can move forward or not. Sorry for any inconvenience. We will publicize the decision about moving forward or not once it is made, so it should be obvious what can be done.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 12:21:59 PM

new release went to testnet yesterday. I'm guessing a new version of NIS (that includes mosaics) will be released soon but I really don't know.

If anyone wants to join the telegram chat to get the latest details on what is going on, please let me know. There's quite a lot of progress made and soon we will be able to start making it public. The pace is really about to get blindingly fast.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
Pages: « 1 ... 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 [1023] 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: