Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:48:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 [1780] 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984119 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitcoinArsenal

Activity: 924
Merit: 556

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:52:57 PM

A great news that will get lost again in the current market situation. The good news stream keeps up.
The more I deal with and think about it, XEM is one of the best long term investments in blockchain space. Buy now at those cheap levels and then sell when XEM is again> $ 2.

BIG NEM NEWS Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Japan’s First Online Bank Tests Blockchain Technology with mijin and Hyperledger

http://mijin.io/en/1370.html
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:09:08 PM

Total transactions per second:
    Visa: 24,000
    Ripple (CCC: XRP-USD): 1,500
    PayPal: 193
    Bitcoin Cash (CCC: BCH-USD): 60
    Litecoin (CCC: LTC-USD): 56
    Dash (CCC: DASH-USD): 48
    Ethereum (CCC: ETH-USD): 20
    Bitcoin (CCC: BTC-USD): 7

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@steemhoops99/transaction-speed-bitcoin-visa-iota-paypal
VISA can handle on average around 1,700 transactions per second (tps), call it a daily peak rate of 4,000 tps.
PayPal, in contrast, handled around 10 million transactions per day for an average of 115 tps in late 2014.
Today the Bitcoin network is restricted to a sustained rate of 7 tps due
Iota can already handle between 500-800 tps.
Ethereum – 20 transactions per second (Cost= 0.01-0.1 USD+)

Only of those above, which itself advertises its speed is VISA Smiley
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_Inc.
can handle up to 30,000 simultaneous transactions and up to 100 billion computations every second

Is this the raw truth?
If it is, that makes two things true.
Crypto currencies are too slow for real world usage. And therefore LemonAndFries had it right:NEM is an experimental.

Now time for some fun facts that wikipedia won't tell you:
  • a) in case of any problems visa is pushing responsibility onto the banks
  • b) guess what, banks will push responsibility on you
  • c) they can achieve such speed, mostly cause they don't friggin care about double spends, why?
    glad you ask, well see a) and b)
  • d) if your card will get cloned and used in some other country - guess what you'll be charged, getting money back often takes few months... (mind cloned not stolen, in case of stealing, chargeback to the rescue)
  • e) there are many POSes, that do not require chip-based authorization
  • f) even worse, there are places, that do not require your PIN when using magnetic stripe - only your signature - you might be lucky if someone will use your stolen card in this way, cause in this case banks often shift responsibility onto seller, and he'll have to cover for his loss
  • g) banks have limits on the losses they cover, so i) they will not cover if there was not enough funds stolen ii) usually there's some upper limit as well (although it'd be highly unlikely to get past it - i.e. you shouldn't keep that much money on account associated with your credit/debit card)) in EU it's several thousand of euros

So yeah, Heil VISA and let the banks live and prosper ❤️

Moreover, credit card issuers can easily block certain operations, like purchases of digital currency  Grin
https://twitter.com/coinbase/status/960726774391828481
jnet1.co

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:13:52 PM

Im hoping that the price would be stable . NEM platform would be in full swing and should dapps adapt its platform, and this would drive developers swoop down and use it.
dextronomous

Activity: 428
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:05:25 PM

so wich exchanges accept these xem's while wallets still seem online and not put in maintenance, i send to and not get them
same message, all affected but not all? coincheck issue i mean

wich exchanges deposit this coin, or when tracking the coinS is done? huobi say just wait on the news from xem. their wallets working fine, coins tagged. etc.
bla bla who knows?
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:02:41 PM

thank you for this link. I have a question: after i've login my nemwallet with my trezor, in the future i can access my nem wallet only with my trezor?

Correct. That's the idea.

If Trezor disappears or you lose yours and can't afford another one you can get a private key from the Trezor seed with this - https://github.com/saleemrashid/nem-trezor-standalone  but obviously only do that if absolutely necessary and only on a very, very offline computer.

And then you can restore your XEM by opening a conventional private key nano wallet with that private key. There might be a nano seed wallet sometime, but there's no mention of it yet.

thank you! Just to be sure that i've understood right...the process is irreversible? So, if i connect my trezor to my nemwallet, there's no way to disconnect them? what happen if i lose my nem wallet.dat on my pc?
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:04:44 PM

thank you! Just to be sure that i've understood right...the process is irreversible? So, if i connect my trezor to my nemwallet, there's no way to disconnect them? what happen if i lose my nem wallet.dat on my pc?

Everything is inside your Trezor and the account exists inside it the moment you install the firmware and note the seed. It creates a new account. There's no .wlt file. Everything is the Trezor seed. You're only using the computer to interface with the Trezor. Keep the seed safe and you'll be fine.
Flodner

Activity: 1946
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 09:29:53 PM

Thanks for sharing info about vesting!
Yes as I understand this process is like staking in other cryptos (i.e. I'm staking Gridcoin because I like this crypto and don't expect much)
I'll be getting NEM anyway, but probably a bit later.

KloNEM

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:39:09 PM

so wich exchanges accept these xem's while wallets still seem online and not put in maintenance, i send to and not get them

wich exchanges deposit this coin, or when tracking the coinS is done? huobi say just wait on the news from xem. their wallets working fine, coins tagged. etc.
bla bla who knows?

Yes, I have also (another one) stuck with XEM deposit on Polo, it's really annoying. Some weeks ago, somebody here mentioned Abucoins.com exchange, so I used this twice and I have to say that everything is fine : Smooth and clear design, fast (and working!) deposit & withdrawals (another weird thing by Poloniex - they say about 18 confirmations, but it's pretty unclear, how they're counting this ... in fact confirmation [if everything goes well] is about 50-150 NEM blocks at all), relative high withdrawal limit (equivalent of 1BTC per day) without verification, etc. Just two issues should be improved in the future :
        * very small trading volume (but there would be a benefit from the troubles of big exchanges) ;
        * horrible high withdrawal fee for BTC (1000bits yet today, even if BTC fees are really pretty small now).

So, who wants, let's try it ... let's make together the trading volume there great again :-)
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:18:04 AM

Hi everyone, i want to transfer my xem on my new trezor. The problem is that i really don't know how to do it. Is there any guide some where? Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPi7Xzn5Tq0&feature=youtu.be

Waffle until 2.30

thank you for this link. I have a question: after i've login my nemwallet with my trezor, in the future i can access my nem wallet only with my trezor?

What I did was just add my Trezor account as co-signer to my existing multisig account. Then if I lose it, I can still sign using my cold storage wallet.
neoscorpius

Activity: 226
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:57:16 AM

And more than 90 percent of all coins are very dependent on the bitcoin rate. This coin is also not an exception to the rules. And in general, the coin is not bad.

This state of affairs already really worries everyone. No one knows what can be done about it. How to relieve the total dependence of all altcoins on bitcoin?

It's similar to the stock market when the bears take over. Whenever the crypto-bears take over nearly every coin will drop.
Besides that a correction was really overdue given the insane rise within the last few months.

Furthermore, I guess in a few years bitcoin won't be the number one anymore (maybe ethereum, or NEM  Cheesy Tongue) but this will not change the bull/bear effect.

To get rid of the dependence of the bitcoin price is unequivocal. That's just who will replace it in the market. There is no stable guarantor that could satisfy our needs.
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 07:16:05 AM

And more than 90 percent of all coins are very dependent on the bitcoin rate. This coin is also not an exception to the rules. And in general, the coin is not bad.

This state of affairs already really worries everyone. No one knows what can be done about it. How to relieve the total dependence of all altcoins on bitcoin?

It's similar to the stock market when the bears take over. Whenever the crypto-bears take over nearly every coin will drop.
Besides that a correction was really overdue given the insane rise within the last few months.

Furthermore, I guess in a few years bitcoin won't be the number one anymore (maybe ethereum, or NEM  Cheesy Tongue) but this will not change the bull/bear effect.

To get rid of the dependence of the bitcoin price is unequivocal. That's just who will replace it in the market. There is no stable guarantor that could satisfy our needs.

As long as sentiment drives the market, and the overall sentiment of crypto is gauged by Bitcoin, there is no escaping its shadow. It isn't necessarily a bad thing though. Bitcoin usually leads the way, and then people introduced to the space look at other projects. I would much rather that say institutional investors be able to hold NEM, for instance. That won't happen without Bitcoin leading the way first.

The price isn't determined by Bitcoin per se. Remember NEM outperformed Bitcoin last year, for example. However, the market sentiment is driven by Bitcoin. End of the day, NEM has to stand on its own feet, good and bad. Yes there will be volatility, but as long as people and projects are using the NEM blockchain and find utility in it, it should hold up its value. If not, it won't retain its value. Bitcoin can only do so much, up or down.
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:46:05 AM

bla bla who knows?

Yes, I have also (another one) stuck with XEM deposit on Polo, it's really annoying. Some weeks ago, somebody here mentioned Abucoins.com exchange, so I used this twice and I have to say that everything is fine : Smooth and clear design, fast (and working!) deposit & withdrawals (another weird thing by Poloniex - they say about 18 confirmations, but it's pretty unclear, how they're counting this ... in fact confirmation [if everything goes well] is about 50-150 NEM blocks at all), relative high withdrawal limit (equivalent of 1BTC per day) without verification, etc. Just two issues should be improved in the future :
        * very small trading volume (but there would be a benefit from the troubles of big exchanges) ;
        * horrible high withdrawal fee for BTC (1000bits yet today, even if BTC fees are really pretty small now).

So, who wants, let's try it ... let's make together the trading volume there great again :-)

Abucoins has been listed in the public warnings of the Polish SEC equivalent (KNF) for "unauthorized activity in the provision of payment services or in the issuing of electronic money" https://www.knf.gov.pl/dla_konsumenta/ostrzezenia_publiczne. The bigger picture is that Polish SEC is strongly against crypto, and currently they are trying to discourage people from using crypto with aggressive actions against exchanges. They also put BitBay on the same list.
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:05:24 AM

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@steemhoops99/transaction-speed-bitcoin-visa-iota-paypal
VISA can handle on average around 1,700 transactions per second (tps), call it a daily peak rate of 4,000 tps.
PayPal, in contrast, handled around 10 million transactions per day for an average of 115 tps in late 2014.

can handle up to 30,000 simultaneous transactions and up to 100 billion computations every second

Is this the raw truth?
Crypto currencies are too slow for real world usage. And therefore LemonAndFries had it right:NEM is an experimental.

• c) they can achieve such speed, mostly cause they don't friggin care about double spends, why?
  • d) if your card will get cloned and used in some other country - guess what you'll be charged, getting money back often takes few months... (mind cloned not stolen, in case of stealing, chargeback to the rescue)
  • f) even worse, there are places, that do not require your PIN when using magnetic stripe - only your signature - you might be lucky if someone will use your stolen card in this way, cause in this case banks often shift responsibility onto seller, and he'll have to cover for his loss
  • g) banks have limits on the losses they cover, so i) they will not cover if there was not enough funds stolen ii) usually there's some upper limit as well (although it'd be highly unlikely to get past it - i.e. you shouldn't keep that much money on account associated with your credit/debit card)) in EU it's several thousand of euros

Moreover, credit card issuers can easily block certain operations, like purchases of digital currency  Grin
https://twitter.com/coinbase/status/960726774391828481

But in the same way there are banks cooperating with exchanges too. So only the major ones are in fear and want to retain their power
Termie

Activity: 642
Merit: 292

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:29:17 AM

Vote for NEM to be added to bitindia.co
https://bitindia.co/vote.html

The session one will decide the addition of 5 Coins/Tokens which receive the maximum votes.
You can vote for 3 coins/tokens with your email address, the voting is free during the first session.
Nistap

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:30:42 AM

Is this the raw truth?

If NEM can really reach 4000 transactions per second with the Catapult release, it will be faster than Ripple. Or is this speed only reached with the private chain and not with the public chain?
zakon4ik

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:37:29 PM

someone know what is going on on Bittrex, NEM-Wallet on Bittrex is offline since many days "Wallet-Offline Pending developer updates" . Are my NEM#s gone?
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 04:39:36 PM

someone know what is going on on Bittrex, NEM-Wallet on Bittrex is offline since many days "Wallet-Offline Pending developer updates" . Are my NEM#s gone?
It's been that way since the Coincheck hack. I guess the exchanges want to be careful and try and track any movement of the stolen NEM. If the hacker wants out, exchanges are the easiest way to go in general.
tbandy

Activity: 167
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:40:42 PM

It's been that way since the Coincheck hack. I guess the exchanges want to be careful and try and track any movement of the stolen NEM. If the hacker wants out, exchanges are the easiest way to go in general.

The wallet shows the red flag but you can buy or sell NEM at Bittrex    Wink
Minabo

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

Keep calm and stay yourself in any situation.

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:50:25 PM

Maybe someone could help me. I downloaded the NEM application wallet to my iPhone and now I can't transfer NEM from it. I have no sense what to do and how to transfer NEM from application to any exchange.

▄▄███▄▄
    ▄▄███████████▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
▀▀██████████████████▀▀ ▄▄
    ▀▀██████████▀▀ ▄▄████
        ▀▀█▀▀ ▄▄█████████
            ▄█████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            █████████████▀
            █████████▀▀
            █████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

Brickblock.io║║
║║
║║
║║
║║.
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║

▄▄██▄
            ▄▄█▀▀  ██
        ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
    ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
▀▀██▄███▀        ██
    ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
    █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
    █▄█▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
▐████
▐████
████████████
████████████
▐████
▐████
▐████
▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀ 
████▄         █████████████▀ 
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████ 
█████████████████████ 
    ▀█████████████████▀
    ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 

▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄
█████▄             ▄██████▄
█████████▄        ████████████▄
██████████▌▄     ██████████████
██████████▌▐█  ▄█████████████▀▄█
██████████▌▐██▄▀████████████ ███
██████████▌▐████▀██████████ ████
██████████▌▐█████ ███████▀▄█████
██████████▌ ▀█████▄▀████ ███████
██████████▌   ▀▀████ ██▄████████
▀█████████▌      ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████████
▀▀█████▌             ▀▀██████
        ▀█▌                  ▀▀█
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║.
Minabo

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

Keep calm and stay yourself in any situation.

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:52:26 PM

I suppose they have much technical improvements to make in the nearest future... 

▄▄███▄▄
    ▄▄███████████▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▀▀██████████████████▀▀ ▄▄
    ▀▀██████████▀▀ ▄▄████
        ▀▀█▀▀ ▄▄█████████
            ▄█████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            █████████████▀
            █████████▀▀
            █████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

Brickblock.io║║
║║
║║
║║
║║.
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║

▄▄██▄
            ▄▄█▀▀  ██
        ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
    ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
▀▀██▄███▀        ██
    ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
    █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
    █▄█▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
▐████
▐████
████████████
████████████
▐████
▐████
▐████
▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀ 
████▄         █████████████▀ 
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████ 
█████████████████████ 
    ▀█████████████████▀
    ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 

▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄
█████▄             ▄██████▄
█████████▄        ████████████▄
██████████▌▄     ██████████████
██████████▌▐█  ▄█████████████▀▄█
██████████▌▐██▄▀████████████ ███
██████████▌▐████▀██████████ ████
██████████▌▐█████ ███████▀▄█████
██████████▌ ▀█████▄▀████ ███████
██████████▌   ▀▀████ ██▄████████
▀█████████▌      ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████████
▀▀█████▌             ▀▀██████
        ▀█▌                  ▀▀█
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║.
Pages: « 1 ... 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 [1780] 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: