Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:28:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 [1811] 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984064 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
denetci

Activity: 490
Merit: 278

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:55:05 PM

Digital2GO Media Networks raises $1M USD from the NEM Blockchain Community Fund
The funds raised will be used to integrate D2GO’s LocationCore (TM) platform on the NEM
blockchain, making it the first location-based platform to utilize the technology.
LocationCoreTM is an existing product of D2GO that provides consumers’ mobile data and
anonymous location information to businesses for engagement and marketing purposes. A
number of businesses are already using the platform, including Incipio, AdParlor, Alamo Rental
Car, and RCI (a division of Wyndham Resorts).

http://www.digital2go.com/news3/2018/3/13/digital2go-media-networks-raises-1m-usd-from-the-nem-blockchain-community-fund

interesting moves from nem dev team. what do you think guys.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
leoinker

Activity: 107
Merit: 24

Here to help however I can.

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 08:44:41 PM

The funds raised will be used to integrate D2GO’s LocationCore (TM) platform on the NEM
blockchain, making it the first location-based platform to utilize the technology.
LocationCoreTM is an existing product of D2GO that provides consumers’ mobile data and
anonymous location information to businesses for engagement and marketing purposes. A
number of businesses are already using the platform, including Incipio, AdParlor, Alamo Rental

http://www.digital2go.com/news3/2018/3/13/digital2go-media-networks-raises-1m-usd-from-the-nem-blockchain-community-fund

I just want to help clarify some things.
Essentially, this is group funding from the NEM community to provide incentive to a company to use NEM tech. This gives more utility and publicity to NEM.

With that said, here are some highlights and corrections.
1. This was not a "move by the dev team". This was voted on and approved by NEM community. Read about it here.
2. The terminology used makes it sound like NEM is integrating D2G to collect data. That is NOT the case. D2G is building their software to utilize the NEM blockchain, making their service better. Much like a car company buying a specific engine to install in their vehicles. - Not an engine design implementing a specific car's chassis.
3. The funding provided by NEM community should provide a great ROI, Return On Investment. We now have another established company promoting the NEM engine in a huge way. Anyone who is sharing location data, etc, will then be able to be rewarded with XEM. And it won't be a secret. You will know if you are sharing your locations, interests, etc to other companies looking to sell you something. You can turn it ON, or OFF. If you have it turned ON, you collect payment in XEM!

Right now, nobody really knows they can turn it OFF. It's ON by default, and you don't even know it's happening. And you certainly aren't paid for it. And if you were, it hasn't been paid in XEM!
This current system is bad. NEM is helping change that.  Imagine the masses of people who don't know their data is collected, and don't know about XEM.

twitter: @leoinker | Find this post helpful? Merit it! Then donate some XEM: NDKYQJKJ5N5WTNNM5CXDJ3FNAACULZMN7DVARZH6 Smiley
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:14:53 PM

I just want to help clarify some things.
Essentially, this is group funding from the NEM community to provide incentive to a company to use NEM tech. This gives more utility and publicity to NEM.

With that said, here are some highlights and corrections.
1. This was not a "move by the dev team". This was voted on and approved by NEM community. Read about it here.
2. The terminology used makes it sound like NEM is integrating D2G to collect data. That is NOT the case. D2G is building their software to utilize the NEM blockchain, making their service better. Much like a car company buying a specific engine to install in their vehicles. - Not an engine design implementing a specific car's chassis.
3. The funding provided by NEM community should provide a great ROI, Return On Investment. We now have another established company promoting the NEM engine in a huge way. Anyone who is sharing location data, etc, will then be able to be rewarded with XEM. And it won't be a secret. You will know if you are sharing your locations, interests, etc to other companies looking to sell you something. You can turn it ON, or OFF. If you have it turned ON, you collect payment in XEM!

Right now, nobody really knows they can turn it OFF. It's ON by default, and you don't even know it's happening. And you certainly aren't paid for it. And if you were, it hasn't been paid in XEM!
This current system is bad. NEM is helping change that.  Imagine the masses of people who don't know their data is collected, and don't know about XEM.

+1 Smiley

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
CryptoGosu

Activity: 686
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:48:52 PM

I am glad to see that he is recovering. Such a strong collapse in the price of such a strong coin looked unfair
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 11:01:59 PM

I am glad to see that he is recovering. Such a strong collapse in the price of such a strong coin looked unfair
These kinds of dips are temporary, ride them out, or better yet, keeping buying the bottoms Wink
NonStop

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:27:31 AM

How to run wallet at localhost:8989 ? =(

In old version it was easy to do - start "runMon" ant that's all. In 0.6.95 I see only "runNIS", I starting it and what ? A bunch of words in the command line, something updates, but nothing starts.
Where is runNCC, runConsole, runMon ? Where is tray icon in right corner ?

Help me please.

I don't think ncc is supported anymore.

Just go to https://nem.io/downloads/ and download the "Universal Client (with Trezor Support)".

If you need further assistance you should ask in nem telegram group or on nem forums.
Thank you.
But if NCC support is over, how can I export Wallet from NCC to NanoWallet if the first steps are:

Open your wallet in NCC.
    Click on the down arrow next to the lock icon.
    Select "Export for Lightwallet".

You can just create a new private key wallet in nano wallet with your private key.

Or you might be able to log into your wallet in the last working version of ncc (https://bob.nem.ninja/last-ncc/) and try to export it from there.

Thank you one more time. But it looks like https://bob.nem.ninja/last-ncc/ doesn't work anymore Sad
jyrvalor

Activity: 48
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:17:56 AM

How to run wallet at localhost:8989 ? =(

In old version it was easy to do - start "runMon" ant that's all. In 0.6.95 I see only "runNIS", I starting it and what ? A bunch of words in the command line, something updates, but nothing starts.
Where is runNCC, runConsole, runMon ? Where is tray icon in right corner ?

Help me please.

I don't think ncc is supported anymore.

Just go to https://nem.io/downloads/ and download the "Universal Client (with Trezor Support)".

If you need further assistance you should ask in nem telegram group or on nem forums.
Thank you.
But if NCC support is over, how can I export Wallet from NCC to NanoWallet if the first steps are:

Open your wallet in NCC.
    Click on the down arrow next to the lock icon.
    Select "Export for Lightwallet".

You can just create a new private key wallet in nano wallet with your private key.

Or you might be able to log into your wallet in the last working version of ncc (https://bob.nem.ninja/last-ncc/) and try to export it from there.

Thank you one more time. But it looks like https://bob.nem.ninja/last-ncc/ doesn't work anymore Sad

Weird.. I just tried it and it's working for me. Maybe it was temporarily down when you tried?
gmotion

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:07:18 AM

Digital2GO Media Networks raises $1M USD from the NEM [Suspicious link removed]munity Fund

http://www.digital2go.com/news3/2018/3/13/digital2go-media-networks-raises-1m-usd-from-the-nem-[Suspicious link removed]munity-fund

This is a great move by the NEM community. Adoption is the key, we need more businesses and users to use the platform - the value of NEM will increase as adoption increases. Simple supply and demand economics.

Regards,
gmotion
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:03:51 AM

This recovery took a bit longer then I expected, but I guess the refunds to the customers that had funds stolen was the push that was needed to move things in the right direction again.

Let's hope this lasts and we go back to atleast 80 cents, where it should be according to how the rest of the market moved.
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:40:35 AM

Nem ecosystem is almost there. Next step would be mass adoption and the popularity of it among community in crypto space would surely make easier for NEM platform to achieve it.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
icosscam

Activity: 73

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 08:38:09 AM

Soon new money coming from hack victims stop flow into market and new one fall will come. Reason for this is simple, there is way too much stolen XEM left to dump.
Care with your money management, do not stuck on long time investments until we will see clear BTC recovery.   
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:34:12 AM

Soon new money coming from hack victims stop flow into market and new one fall will come. Reason for this is simple, there is way too much stolen XEM left to dump.
Care with your money management, do not stuck on long time investments until we will see clear BTC recovery.   

cheap XEM for everyone to go round Smiley

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:59:13 PM

Yes there is quite a sum right now, but it´s not sure he will be able to dump it. Maybe the exchanges will adapt to it soon
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:59:36 PM

check out what Devslopes Founder has to say comparing NEM vs ETH:

https://youtu.be/QXA8WCE2oDw?t=12m35s

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
Hyjinx

Activity: 61

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:03:05 PM

So who sold off from $9800 to sub-9K today?  We are in a bear market and this has very little to do with Mt. Gox.  Bitcoin, NEM, everything is going much lower.  I just hope $0.18 holds.

The Tokyo Whale did. He keeps dumping at around 10k. If you actually follow the market, you will see there is strong growth, everything is bullish, lots of volume from lots of traders, then WHAM! The whale takes a dump.   Lots of volume from a single trader.
You are a troll that posts stupid doom and gloom posts everywhere. Copy + pasting yourself into different mediums. I'm actually starting to wonder if you have TBI, Traumatic Brain Injury. It's as if you've worked a long professional career as a hammer.
I have an idea of a great coin you can start! Call it Hammer with (TBI) ticker!  Grin The price won't fluctuate, since you'll own it all! You can even start a forum just for yourself, where no thinkers are allowed!
I do have screenshots of your predictions. Maybe from now on I will just start responding to you with things you've said previously.

So who's dumping today?
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:20:02 PM

The Tokyo Whale did. He keeps dumping at around 10k. If you actually follow the market, you will see there is strong growth, everything is bullish, lots of volume from lots of traders, then WHAM! The whale takes a dump.   Lots of volume from a single trader.

I've noticed the price of BTC flash crashing today, and was wondering if the Tokyo Whale had anything to do with it. Thanks for confirming that Smiley At least we know that he'll give the price a chance to recover before dumping again. I guess if you can beat the Tokyo Whale to the next BTC selloff, you'll be doing pretty well.
leoinker

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 07:23:08 PM

@Hyjinx - Lots of people dumped. Not the Tokyo Whale. But it does look like the dump is mostly over.

Google announces they will no longer allow Crypto-related advertisements, causing massive FUD. Read Here.
Other media hit pieces contributed to the FUD, as well, but Google is largely responsible. This is one more reason to embrace the blockchain and decentralized services. Google, who's motto is "don't be evil" (while simultaneously being very evil) has too much power.

When a startup grows to the point that it is no longer a startup, but a powerful corporation who conscientiously makes decisions designed to have a negative impact on the exposure, advancement, and finances of new startups, in the very least, it is time to review the system that allowed them to become this way.
The system that allows this sort of behavior, depends on centralization.

This is one more reason to get excited about NEM, and projects with a NEM core. The mosiac exchange, being a great example.
NEM is providing the core means for any startup to advance their projects without censorship.

It is only a matter of time before we see search engines, social platforms, hosting services, advertising methods, and anything else google has their fingers in - take a decentralized form.
If we choose to use a system that is designed, not on centralization, but on new philosophies disallowing itself the power of censorship, humanity becomes more free and safe from tyrannical efforts. The roadblocks in the advancement of any technology are diminished greatly.

I really hope more will take a look at NEM, read about it's principles and projects, and participate in voting.
We are the New Economy Movement.

twitter: @leoinker | Find this post helpful? Merit it! Then donate some XEM: NDKYQJKJ5N5WTNNM5CXDJ3FNAACULZMN7DVARZH6 Smiley
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:27:23 PM

@Hyjinx - Lots of people dumped. Not the Tokyo Whale. But it does look like the dump is mostly over.

Google announces they will no longer allow Crypto-related advertisements, causing massive FUD. Read Here.
Other media hit pieces contributed to the FUD, as well, but Google is largely responsible. This is one more reason to embrace the blockchain and decentralized services. Google, who's motto is "don't be evil" (while simultaneously being very evil) has too much power.

When a startup grows to the point that it is no longer a startup, but a powerful corporation who conscientiously makes decisions designed to have a negative impact on the exposure, advancement, and finances of new startups, in the very least, it is time to review the system that allowed them to become this way.
The system that allows this sort of behavior, depends on centralization.

This is one more reason to get excited about NEM, and projects with a NEM core. The mosiac exchange, being a great example.
NEM is providing the core means for any startup to advance their projects without censorship.

It is only a matter of time before we see search engines, social platforms, hosting services, advertising methods, and anything else google has their fingers in - take a decentralized form.
If we choose to use a system that is designed, not on centralization, but on new philosophies disallowing itself the power of censorship, humanity becomes more free and safe from tyrannical efforts. The roadblocks in the advancement of any technology are diminished greatly.

I really hope more will take a look at NEM, read about it's principles and projects, and participate in voting.
We are the New Economy Movement.

Google now forbids crypto-related advertisements? That is crazy! To me, that says more about them than the actual state of the cryptocurrency industry.
leoinker

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 07:53:11 PM

Yes. Anything and everything related to Crypto is banned from google AdWords. No exchanges, no ICOs, no wallets, no software, and not even opinions!
Facebook enacted a similar policy last year. These are efforts by large centralized corporations looking to protect their market share. Decentralization challenges them on all fronts.

Imagine all data stored in blockchains instead of google servers.
Imagine a decentralized search engine to scour these blockchains.
Imagine advertisers being able to advertise anything, on a competitive market, so the highest bidders win.
Imagine consumers having the ability to turn the ads ON, or OFF, as well as applying their own filters - so they choose the ads they see.
Imagine the advertising revenue going to those who see the ads, and not google's bank account.

Now you don't have to imagine, as this is all being worked on, with every part of it already functional in beta stages.
Google should be afraid.

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:30:12 PM

Yes. Anything and everything related to Crypto is banned from google AdWords. No exchanges, no ICOs, no wallets, no software, and not even opinions!
Facebook enacted a similar policy last year. These are efforts by large centralized corporations looking to protect their market share. Decentralization challenges them on all fronts.

Imagine all data stored in blockchains instead of google servers.
Imagine a decentralized search engine to scour these blockchains.
Imagine advertisers being able to advertise anything, on a competitive market, so the highest bidders win.
Imagine consumers having the ability to turn the ads ON, or OFF, as well as applying their own filters - so they choose the ads they see.
Imagine the advertising revenue going to those who see the ads, and not google's bank account.

Now you don't have to imagine, as this is all being worked on, with every part of it already functional in beta stages.
Google should be afraid.

I've participated in various startup companies where you were basically paid to watch ads. So far, that concept doesn't seem to have gained much traction. It's hard to "earn" enough watching a commercial to make it worth it. I've also heard about microtipping and while that doesn't seem to have succeeded yet I think it has more potential, and cryptocurrencies can play a huge role in that. Imagine ad free sites and if you like what you see, you can leave a tip to the content creator. Steemit has taken that one step further by providing a common "tipping" pool so that it doesn't even cost you to tip someone. I'd definitely love to see that developed further.

Yeah, Google and Facebook would do better to try to adapt and even take the lead on development rather than suppress...
Pages: « 1 ... 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 [1811] 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: