Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:10:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [277] 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984134 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:24:32 PM

It seems that people holding some at least a bit significant amount of NXTs want to have also a position in NEM. Its logical, NEM has many NXT developers and similar expectations so they are hedging against the success of NEM. And because the issueing of new NEMstakes is halted due to security reasons the market is not able to absorb those demand, so the price is going up and jumps sometimes up and down due to daytraders trying to make waves to scalp any price movements . This may have also in short term range partially negative impact on NXT price due to possible sell-out by old NEM-owners because it seems that the NXTs for which are NEMstakes bought are not coming from free market buy-in but from older NXT-holders.
End of the economical analysis and have a nice sunny autumn Smiley

In Pump and Dump we trust.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
howi53

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:46:32 PM

NXT is weak, BTC is falling. so, as long as NEM is paired to NXT to BTC on any exchange, the increase of NEM is just a theoretic one.

Life is like a chicken ladder - short and shitty
Doriangrayz

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 08:41:13 PM

NXT is weak, BTC is falling. so, as long as NEM is paired to NXT to BTC on any exchange, the increase of NEM is just a theoretic one.

Huh

it's true, dont get fooled by the Nem/nxt value right now, even if it goes to 50k-60-70k nxt in my opinion it's not so "amazing" because Nxt and Btc value dropped a lot...
Nem already reached almost 2000$ in the past, and now it's worth around 1000$,  i really think the best has yet to come.

xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 08:42:06 PM

It's funny how quick the interest grows when people see a small price increase.  Smiley I honestly think this is nothing compared to what we'll see at launch, 6 months after that, and so forth. But although the price questions is at least somewhat interesting to all of was, the more important questions are: what will we see at launch? What will the devs deliver? What will the marketing team deliver? How will the community prepare itself and come forth with all things possible to make this one hell of a launch? As you may have already noticed, the price question is only a subset of those. Indeed, if the results will be as expected, the price would not be something I would particularly worry about.  Wink

Please remember, NEM aims to be a valuable long term and sustainable project. Contrary to all the scams and pump & dump schemes, there are a lot of people putting hard work behind the scenes to plan and make things happen with NEM. While our launch is a very important and exciting milestone, please do understand that base on what you will see at launch, you can get an idea of how big NEM could, and indeed, will be 6 months and one year after that. In fact I think there are a lot of unknowns when evaluating the success of a crypto project, but there is at least one thing which can be taken into account as a very reliable predictor, it is the people which work on the project. Beside the uniquely important technical innovation NEM aims to bring to the market, there is a sense of honesty, respect and helpfulness which our community shares, and which makes this project even more valuable. With this sense in mind, at launch, people will be set free to either cash out as soon as possible, or take part and help build one of the most exciting and interesting crypto projects of 2014. Imagine if so few people have been able to achieve all we see now, what could happen if 10 times that will work together and put their minds and funds to create something never seen in crypto before.

We are all working hard to prepare for beta and launch. See you on the other side.

NEM - Nothing else matters  Cool

titan20

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 09:21:06 PM

Is it possible to have more NEMstakes? I mean wasn't there a maximum of 2 stakes you can change for the actual NEMcoins?

AUTO COIN

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
      Stand-Alone Solutions Set to Revolutionize the Automotive Sector     
WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTWITTERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTAGRAM
dewey556

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 10:24:18 PM

Is it possible to have more NEMstakes? I mean wasn't there a maximum of 2 stakes you can change for the actual NEMcoins?

yes its possible. people with more than 2 stakes have to split to different nxt addresses when requesting the actual coins. I think that is what UtopianFuture originally came up with to deter whales...make them work a little

TDJIQW-ROPLSR-IF6NCA-2WJM6B-IRHGUO-LYVZ2A-BXIN
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 11:42:16 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2014, 11:53:44 PM by jabo38

At this stage 100 000 nxt for 1 Nemstake is reasonable but I would only consider selling it for at least 1000 000 nxt. Nxt would have to get back to 10 cents to make 100  000 dollars. Im holding NEM to get more than that.

I'll take it a step further and say what I've said before, I'm never selling NEM unless sometime far into the future the underlying tech that makes it tick is no longer valuable or looks as if it will be deprecated and cannot be adapted to change as the crypto landscape evolves.

If you truly believe in a crypto ecosystem like NEM, the end goal should never be to "sell at a target fiat price". The end game for NEM is to never have to convert to fiat, ever. That is the ultimate goal and the goal that I'm trying to do whatever I can to help NEM push towards. Of course, we have to think about the value in fiat now to determine exactly what we can purchase with our NEM, but if we are true believers in NEM we should never think about selling it.

This is a movement after all, as it says in the name. This is something big. Something that could truly change the entire world for the better, and that is no exaggeration. Satoshi got the ball rolling when he unleashed Bitcoin upon the world, much like I'd say Tim Berners-Lee got the ball rolling for the Internet as we know it today with the WWW or what the guys at MITS did to get the ball rolling for the PC market with the Altair 8800. Of course, it was the many new products, services, inventions, and ideas that these initial inventions spawned that went on to truly change the world but they never could have existed if it was not for what came first. Bitcoin was the inspiration, and NEM is (well, could be... nothing is for certain) the movement that will change how the world works.

Of course, it's up to all of us to make it happen. Not just the devs, not just the moderators or the community leaders, but every one of us is a part of this movement and its success depends on all of us. If you ever wanted a chance to do something that could drastically improve the lives of millions or even billions of people all around the world, this is it. We are in the right place at the right time. What comes of it is simply what we make it.

+1 NEM isn't a about the day trade for me.  I know a lot of people are looking at prices and I get that and sometimes get carried away too. But ultimately to me this project is about changing how the world thinks about money.

I would say that is the same for Bitcoin and I love Bitcoin but as a platform I think it isn't light enough, fast enough enough, easy enough, and flexible enough. This is where I see NEM coming in and if I can have anything to do with it, I'm going to push for Bitcoin to disrupt the way people think about money and then have NEM expand on that.

Allegorically, I want Bitcoin to open the door and NEM to knock the house down. I'm serious. I think NEM just happens to be uniquely and luckily positioned in time and technology in one of those vary rare and very tightly positioned turning points to take advantage and be completely disruptive.

I really think we are the at the beginning of Apple or Microsoft. We are the ones working out of garages and basements. We have very humble beginnings. We aren't the first to market, even others before were quite large (IBM = Bitcoin), but we are the first up to do really do it right and find the sweet spot where the tech, the needs of the people, and our vision and abilities collide to make this truly disruptive game changer.

mrkavasaki

Activity: 888

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:52:22 PM

do you guys think it is a good idea to invest 100btc in NEM?
how big can i make it?
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 11:53:39 PM

It may be very hard to ever get ahold of Nem at these prices again. There's only 5 stakes for sale below 50k NXT and that will probably get eaten up in the next several hours. Once the beta features start rolling out I wonder what kind of price will we see then?

You'll probably never seen NEM below the equiv of 100k NXT after launch.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:55:52 PM

how big can i make it?

Only a good idea if that 100 BTC is not your life savings. Tongue

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 12:03:58 AM

how big can i make it?

There are 2 ways to invest in NEM currently. You can buy NEMstake on the NXT AE or you can buy gold and silver coins or donate to AltNemo (http://altnemo.com/), the first company in the NEM ecosystem that will work on social mobile apps and a fast trading exchange (just to start!).

Donating to a company may not seem like a way to invest, but donators will be given "exclusive privileges" in AltNemo. That's all I can say...

Also, next week or the week after next people will be given a third way to invest in NEM, but that is a secret for now  Kiss

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
NoirSuccubus

Activity: 353
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 12:41:06 AM

how big can i make it?

There are 2 ways to invest in NEM currently. You can buy NEMstake on the NXT AE or you can buy gold and silver coins or donate to AltNemo (http://altnemo.com/), the first company in the NEM ecosystem that will work on social mobile apps and a fast trading exchange (just to start!).

Donating to a company may not seem like a way to invest, but donators will be given "exclusive privileges" in AltNemo. That's all I can say...

Also, next week or the week after next people will be given a third way to invest in NEM, but that is a secret for now  Kiss

Which exchange site will be the first?
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 01:15:45 AM

how big can i make it?

Also, next week or the week after next people will be given a third way to invest in NEM, but that is a secret for now  Kiss

Ok this is going to go against everything I have said thus far, but can you delay launch an additional 2 weeks so I can have some time to get another 0.1?

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
dandruff1138

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 01:28:40 AM

how big can i make it?

Ok this is going to go against everything I have said thus far, but can you delay launch an additional 2 weeks so I can have some time to get another 0.1?

lol

Figured I would lighten the mood haha.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)

makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 01:34:53 AM

35-40k NXT is still really cheap for NEMstake IMHO, so don't worry about it so much.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
dandruff1138

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 01:38:35 AM

35-40k NXT is still really cheap for NEMstake IMHO, so don't worry about it so much.

I currently have 123 NXT... Sad Cheap for you maybe. Smiley

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)

makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 01:47:01 AM

I have about 250 NXT Cheesy

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 01:48:46 AM

NXT and BTC are down too much, so we will raise prices for NEMgold and NEMsilver, the gold and silver bullion coins + "exclusive privileges" in AltNemo. https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2368.msg6024#msg6024

Given the potential of AltNemo, the new prices are still really cheap.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 03:02:12 AM

do you guys think  1million is a relistic price target?

I am not surprised!
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 03:04:24 AM

how big can i make it?

lol

Figured I would lighten the mood haha.

I am afraid even if it is delayed 2 weeks, you will be casing the rainbow's end. ;-)

Rocket is launched and heading to the moon.
Pages: « 1 ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [277] 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: