Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:43:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984143 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 10:26:39 AM

We should consider that not everyone lives on bitcointalk.org and we should give all of those who paid for their stakes as much time as practical to claim what they paid for.

The key phrase being as practical. As practical for whom ? The peole that work on NEM everyday or the people that don't have the decency to check on their investment at least once a month ?

How long do those who haven't yet claimed their stakes have to register, and is anything else besides the bitcointalk PM messaging being tried to reach them?

A month but the process was made public weeks before it started.
What do you suggest we try ? It's been on tweeted, spread in both forums, sent out in a newsletter (to emails where we have them) and is being discussed for weeks not already.

And let me reiterate my inquery about any other coin that has had a distribution phase of more than 1 month. Who in hell waited 6 months for their peolpe to come ?

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nottrulyevil

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 10:38:39 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 11:10:22 AM by nottrulyevil

We should consider that not everyone lives on bitcointalk.org and we should give all of those who paid for their stakes as much time as practical to claim what they paid for.

The key phrase being as practical. As practical for whom ? The peole that work on NEM everyday or the people that don't have the decency to check on their investment at least once a month ?

How long do those who haven't yet claimed their stakes have to register, and is anything else besides the bitcointalk PM messaging being tried to reach them?

What do you suggest we try ? It's been on tweeted, spread in both forums, sent out in a newsletter (to emails where we have them) and is being discussed for weeks not already.

And let me reiterate my inquery about any other coin that has had a distribution phase of more than 1 month. Who in hell waited 6 months for their peolpe to come ?

Agreed, and even if we "want" to hold stakes for 6 months or more how should it be handled? It only creates more problems and puts more pressure on the dev team that will have other things to do than to distribute stakes for months to come. Lets say pat were to hold all the unclaimed stakes himself for the following year(s), what if something happened to him? What if he got hacked? And if your answer is to let everyone in the whole dev team share the keys it would only require one of them to get tired of NEM, cash out, kill the currency and live rich.

►  NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT  ◄ 
  Fairly distributed
crimi

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 10:41:41 AM

When does trading on Asset Exchange close? I am trying to get some more, and buying NXT on the dips.

How can you close trading on a decentralised exchange? You can trade till inifinty question is when nem team does not redeem them anymore, i think this will be at least a month after release.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 11:02:30 AM

Agreed, and even if we "want" to hold stakes for 6 months or more how should it be handled? It only creates more problems and puts more pressure on the dev team that will have other things to do than to distribute stakes for months to come. Lets say pat were to hold all the unclaimed stakes himself for the following year(s), what if something happened to him? What if he got hacked? And if you're answer is to let everyone in the whole dev team share the keys it would only require one of them to get tired of NEM, cash out, kill the currency and live rich.

Fair points but you can be sure that when a NEM stake is worth 50k+ USD you will hear some pretty vocal people who didn't get to claim in time.
Many people i think have left the crypto community pretty burned since then and may not return so yes we need a cut off time. If the community is happy with 1 month then 1 month it is.

marcos19

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 11:05:27 AM

Dear community,

I would like to point out the following situation:

Some members who have applied to join the New Economic Movement have lost access to their BTT account.

In a few cases, these same people have made contact with the development team with a second (new) account in order to claim their token.

I have come up with a simple system in which these tokens can be reclaimed by the rightful owner without risking the original owner getting scammed.

System:  Grin

The developers assign two types of priorities to the following accounts:

Priority 1 (highest priority): The original (lost) BTT account.

Priority 2 (lowest priority): The new BTT account.

Then, whenever someone claims to have lost access to an account, the developers would have to carefully inspect the case and hand over a so called "temporary token".

If the original owner claims the token from the original account at a later point in time, the developers would have to remove the "temporary token" from the list and blacklist the person who had claimed a "temporary token".

If the original owner is in fact the same person as the one who claimed the "temporary token", the stake has found it's way back to it's owner.

With this simple system, you can help those who are in a bad situation while preventing any scam.

Feedback is welcome!
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 11:07:18 AM

I note that there are only a handful of posters here suggesting that NEM should be held indefinitely and they are mostly NEWBIES. They seem to surface only now.

A vast majority who commented otherwise appear to be the more regular ones who care about NEM.

There are 837 registered to date. Hence we should expect about 600-800 unclaimed as what Taunsew said earlier.

I would like to make this comment. In any decision, you cannot please them all, for if you try to, some will not be pleased. If you don't know what it means, it is basically applying the 80:20 rule. Most will be pleased some will not. We will have to do that, comes the crunch.

I think we are clear what direction we should head to. It is now a matter of how to treat them so that it does not benefit those who already benefited from it unless they contribute more than what they have already been allocated for.

The investment fund suggested by Makoto seems to be the best option forward. We need to establish a proper Terms of Reference as well as proper governance in the management of these funds.

There is also insufficient marketing funds being allocated. Perhaps some should also be allocated for that. These should be used for NEM for a duration of 18 months after the launch of V1.

There is also a need to address long term support of NEM. As I said although we want to support decentralization, it is an ideal situation. There needs to be some sort of centralization one day for NEM to remain relevant.  This must be well discussed and decided after V1.

I wouldn't worry too much about those handful who are saying that the funds need to be kept indefinitely. Like I have mentioned elsewhere, it is easier to say it. But show me how to do it. We don't need people who'd only suggest problems to a problem. Because that itself is a problem. What we need is a solution to a problem.

+1

This has been discussed into the ground already. I propose that we focus our discussions now onto what we will be doing with the unclaimed stakes (i.e., the investment fund option if that is what we decide to go with) and simply drop all discussion about holding the stakes indefinitely because it's getting us nowhere and taking up a lot of time trying to convince people of something that has already been discussed, deliberated, and finalized.

I at least want to say that NEM values all opinions and suggestions because this is a community effort, but decisions have to be made. In this case, the decision has been made by the majority and with good reasoning behind it so therefore we need to focus our attention elsewhere. If you are against using the unclaimed stakes, that's fine, but please try to accept that the decision has already been made and instead of attempting to convince us otherwise (because the decision is not going to be changed), try to focus your energy elsewhere to help improve NEM for the future.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 11:14:30 AM

Dear community,

Some members who have applied to join the New Economic Movement have lost access to their BTT account.

In a few cases, these same people have made contact with the development team with a second (new) account in order to claim their token.

I have come up with a simple system in which these tokens can be reclaimed by the rightful owner without risking the original owner getting scammed.

System:  Grin

Then, whenever someone claims to have lost access to an account, the developers would have to carefully inspect the case and hand over a so called "temporary token".

If the original owner claims the token from the original account at a later point in time, the developers would have to remove the "temporary token" from the list and blacklist the person who had claimed a "temporary token".

If the original owner is in fact the same person as the one who claimed the "temporary token", the stake has found it's way back to it's owner.

With this simple system, you can help those who are in a bad situation while preventing any scam.

Feedback is welcome!

I'd like to give the full picture here.

There are a handfull of people who have either lost their btt account or their NXT account where their token is held. All of them can't prove they own those accounts because they don't have access to the addresses that they have originaly payed their registration fee from.

Bottomline is we can't know if they are who they claim to be.

The team came to the consensus that those people should make their case in front of the community and let the community decide if "the stake hasn't been claimed yet" is good enough.

I'd also like to point out that it looks like there there will be a few hundered unclaimed stakes so pretty much anyone could make a new account and claim to be one of the unclaimed and since there are plenty of newbies under the unclaimed it's also easy to pick a target that will most likely stay unclaimed.

So as for btt accounts i vote in favor of lost account == lost stake but like I said - the community shall decide.

Lost NXT accounts are imho different as those people still have access to their original btt accounts. So once the redemption of AE tokens is over and the asset is still there, if the btt account get's in touch i think it's fair to let him have his stake.

We will leave this open to the community.

nottrulyevil

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 11:17:45 AM

Dear community,

System:  Grin

Feedback is welcome!

Problem with this is that there will be 20+ people that have lost access to the same account. A stake is worth $ 800-1000 and you'd be surprised what people do for less money. This would be a golden opportunity for scammers :/

Only way to be even remotely sure that it's the same person is if the person in question still have access to the nxt or btc account/address that he sent the initial money from.

Fairly distributed
starfishi

Activity: 175

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 11:20:34 AM

Agreed, and even if we "want" to hold stakes for 6 months or more how should it be handled? It only creates more problems and puts more pressure on the dev team that will have other things to do than to distribute stakes for months to come. Lets say pat were to hold all the unclaimed stakes himself for the following year(s), what if something happened to him? What if he got hacked? And if you're answer is to let everyone in the whole dev team share the keys it would only require one of them to get tired of NEM, cash out, kill the currency and live rich.

What if a meteorite crashes on to my head ? (seriously, what do i do then, don´t lough, then i´m fucked )

We are NEM, and we want even uggly people in, they will weed themself out . . And then we will see, what NEM iis all about. Do we have to make it great, or is it great ? ?

nottrulyevil

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 11:26:45 AM

I'd like to give the full picture here.

There are a handfull of people who have either lost their btt account or their NXT account where their token is held. All of them can't prove they own those accounts because they don't have access to the addresses that they have originaly payed their registration fee from.

Bottomline is we can't know if they are who they claim to be.

The team came to the consensus that those people should make their case in front of the community and let the community decide if "the stake hasn't been claimed yet" is good enough.

I'd also like to point out that it looks like there there will be a few hundered unclaimed stakes so pretty much anyone could make a new account and claim to be one of the unclaimed and since there are plenty of newbies under the unclaimed it's also easy to pick a target that will most likely stay unclaimed.

So as for btt accounts i vote in favor of lost account == lost stake but like I said - the community shall decide.

Lost NXT accounts are imho different as those people still have access to their original btt accounts. So once the redemption of AE tokens is over and the asset is still there, if the btt account get's in touch i think it's fair to let him have his stake.

We will leave this open to the community.

I agree 100%.

Btw pat you've been programming to much as you use "==" in English when you actually mean just equals Wink

Oh and if you don't mind I'd love to get an update from the development side, does everything go according to plan time wise etc.

Fairly distributed
starfishi

Activity: 175

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 11:40:49 AM

What if a meteorite crashes on to my head ? (seriously, what do i do then, don´t lough, then i´m fucked )

We are NEM, and we want even uggly people in, they will weed themself out . . And then we will see, what NEM iis all about. Do we have to make it great, or is it great ? ?

Sorry to the dev-team, but it comes with the job . . . Smiley   No hard feelings, just opinions. . .

fishi

jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:08:38 PM

We don't need people who'd only suggest problems to a problem. Because that itself is a problem. What we need is a solution to a problem.

Sometimes both "activity" has its benefits. The latter ofc solves the original problem. And the previous can enlarge the discussion around the problem and therefore helps someone to invent the solution.

sdersdf3

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:09:59 PM

I see anything that reduces the distribution and concentrates ownership more than what was originally planned potentially hurts the coin by increasing market fears of dumping/malfeasance. The altcoinmarkets are sickly, skittish and risk-averse as it is, these days and NEM has been an island of stability in the storm. We need to keep it that way.

I think anything else risks badly tainting the launch, and I wonder whether the market movements of the past couple days have been hinting at concern about this. Many of us have waited way too long to have the launch tainted and disrupted by controversy.

+1

a month is not all that much. Support or not if they are on the list those shares belong to them. 3- 6 months is more reasonable.  If they return and dump staight away who cares more for the rest of us at a low rate.

I think at the very least, any decision on what to do with unclaimed coins should be delayed until well after the launch. Too many of us have waited too long for a smooth launch that will universally be perceived as fair and smooth. There are many otherwise-good, long-standing coins that have been *permanently* tainted (to this day) by perceptions of tainted launches.

Don't let that happen to NEM. Please let NEM continue to be the one of the few areas of crypto these days that is not perceived as disappointing on expectations.

sdersdf3

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:17:24 PM

There could be any of a number of reasons why people haven't checked in, including plain forgetfulness. Please do not taint the launch with controversy - put off this question until after the launch.

After a well-publicised launch, there'd presumably be a stronger argument for clawing back what stake buyerse have not claimed. But considering something like that before the launch risks inviting controversy in a very jittery market that will risk messing up this entire thing. This market bails on the faintest hint of FUD-attracting controversy.

Parana

Activity: 378

Step into a world!! A P2P world!

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:17:57 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 03:13:54 PM by Parana

If the decision is, somehow, maintain the unclaimed stakes for some time, please, dont let it "harvesting" on network.

It will be a Gre8 quantity of coins so people has only one stake will not be able to compete.

amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:26:30 PM

There could be any of a number of reasons why people haven't checked in, including plain forgetfulness. Please do not taint the launch with controversy - put off this question until after the launch.

After a well-publicised launch, there'd presumably be a stronger argument for clawing back what stake buyerse have not claimed. But considering something like that before the launch risks inviting controversy in a very jittery market that will risk messing up this entire thing. This market bails on the faintest hint of FUD-attracting controversy.

There is no controversy. This has been the decision for a long, long time now. Only now that we are close to launch for some reason people are bringing it up as if it is some new revelation like the devs suddenly changed the rules. I am honestly perplexed as to why people who have not posted or contributed anything to NEM over the past year have suddenly decided to come out now to try and change a policy that has been in place for some time now.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
sdersdf3

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:36:54 PM

There is no controversy. This has been the decision for a long, long time now. Only now that we are close to launch for some reason people are bringing it up as if it is some new revelation like the devs suddenly changed the rules. I am honestly perplexed as to why people who have not posted or contributed anything to NEM over the past year have suddenly decided to come out now to try and change a policy that has been in place for some time now.

I just dont want a botched launch that provides bait for FUD posses. The price is down from 2.9btc to 2.35 btc over the past week, and I'm hoping consideration of this isn't the reason for that.

There are multiple NEM threads -- is there an authoritative [ANN] that specified these terms at the outset?
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:48:52 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 03:19:16 PM by TaunSew

The newbie account is strong with this one.  Countless coins, even your beloved NxT, had cut people off and it had no impact on capitalization.

As for your nitpicking about capitalization - you do realize the NxT value of NEM went up by 1000 since thursday?   Huh

Really you are attributing things to random fluctuations in trading.  If you really wanted prices to go down then watch what happens when people start dumping stakes, which they had forgotten about, for a quick payday.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
solix

Activity: 180

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:54:06 PM

Why not do what some pre paid debit cards or gift cards do and just have a "maintenance fee" for inactivity. In this way there would be a "cost" for folks here that would be spending their precious time responding to out of band requests to get their stake? Just advertise that plainly. Inaction has a cost but at least you get _something_. Every month past incurs some set % of the stake in expense (to go to dev fund or whatever) as motivation to claim it or lose it?

Your Ad here! PM us now if you'd like to advertise here.
DrearyUrbanite

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 03:00:52 PM

Why not do what some pre paid debit cards or gift cards do and just have a "maintenance fee" for inactivity. In this way there would be a "cost" for folks here that would be spending their precious time responding to out of band requests to get their stake? Just advertise that plainly. Inaction has a cost but at least you get _something_. Every month past incurs some set % of the stake in expense (to go to dev fund or whatever) as motivation to claim it or lose it?

This sounds reasonable to me - a year from now there will be nothing left to claim and percentage of the fee goes to whoever has to keep track of who is owed what.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
Pages: « 1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: