Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:17:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][QTL] Quatloo, A DarkWaveGravity Scrypt Coin Mandatory UPDATE to v1.2.1  (Read 408376 times)
g_d

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:32:17 AM

What's the point of mining for bounty blocks when only the heavy hitters manage to find blocks? Those who already mine the most of any coin already... ...

I throw 30 Mh/s and have no chance against the top 10...

Until someone explains this to me, I'm done with QTL.... I must be missing something...
What pool are you mining at? If you are mining at a big pool like IPO miner you have a chance at your % of the block if it is found at your pool. If you are not at IPO miner, come join us! You don't need to hit the block, you just need to be mining at the pool that hits it!

Thanks for reply.

I was at IPO all afternoon. Mining QTL on direct port. At the time of block 2063  I had a steady hashrate of about 30 Mh/s.

1. I have not seen any extra coins.
2. The "Last 30 Blocks Found - QTL" shows almost only people that have the top 10 hashrates (right in the adjacent window).

Top hashers get majority of shares in a block based on their hashrates, thus have a higher chance to be the ones whose shares will find the block...
My chance to be the one is clearly minimal. Proven by the list of recent block finders.

If I'm wrong, where is any extra coin? My hashrate was high enough to notice at least a bump in my income...
I was mining, present and accounted for Wink and still...fxxx all...

Please, if I'm missing something tell me, I'm still quite new to this...

and ONLY the one who finds this block (having much higher chance considering the amount of shares)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 05:38:08 AM

What's the point of mining for bounty blocks when only the heavy hitters manage to find blocks? Those who already mine the most of any coin already... ...

Until someone explains this to me, I'm done with QTL.... I must be missing something...
What pool are you mining at? If you are mining at a big pool like IPO miner you have a chance at your % of the block if it is found at your pool. If you are not at IPO miner, come join us! You don't need to hit the block, you just need to be mining at the pool that hits it!

Thanks for reply.

I was at IPO all afternoon. Mining QTL on direct port. At the time of block 2063  I had a steady hashrate of about 30 Mh/s.

1. I have not seen any extra coins.
2. The "Last 30 Blocks Found - QTL" shows almost only people that have the top 10 hashrates (right in the adjacent window).

Top hashers get majority of shares in a block based on their hashrates, thus have a higher chance to be the ones whose shares will find the block...
My chance to be the one is clearly minimal. Proven by the list of recent block finders.

If I'm wrong, where is any extra coin? My hashrate was high enough to notice at least a bump in my income...
I was mining, present and accounted for Wink and still...fxxx all...

Please, if I'm missing something tell me, I'm still quite new to this...

and ONLY the one who finds this block (having much higher chance considering the amount of shares)

If you were mining at IPO miner when the block was found, you were sent your % of the 1071 coins based on your hashrate, but yes there were some big hashrate miners there, so you might have only got a little coin like I did.  But I know a few people at IPO miner and they all got the extra coins payed out fairly.  Also if you don't have a lot of hash but like the coin, it is cheaper to buy at Bittrex than mine it right now.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money
for a New World
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Join the conversation!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TWITTER

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 05:39:05 AM

lol you have the same chances on every other pool, if everyone is one ipominer, you have more than 50 % over the network which is also very unhealthy.. spreading the hash evenly makes much more sense than all hop into ipominer...

most pool are prop.. so you get the % you mined there too..

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
g_d

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:46:29 AM

lol you have the same chances on every other pool, if everyone is one ipominer, you have more than 50 % over the network which is also very unhealthy.. spreading the hash evenly makes much more sense than all hop into ipominer...

I know that I have the same chance on all the other pools... I normally mine P2P, just went to IPO for the day to see how this bounty block thing works.
After a steady-ish income for the day... the block came and went and I did not receive anything extra at all.

I was amongst the top 10 hashers at the time of finding the block and yet my income did not show even the slightest bump...
So assume only the person that finds it gets the whole sum or I got screwed over...

ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 05:56:41 AM

I know that I have the same chance on all the other pools... I normally mine P2P, just went to IPO for the day to see how this bounty block thing works.
After a steady-ish income for the day... the block came and went and I did not receive anything extra at all.

I was amongst the top 10 hashers at the time of finding the block and yet my income did not show even the slightest bump...
So assume only the person that finds it gets the whole sum or I got screwed over...

look for a decent pool with a good OP, low fees and a good reputation.

Choose that one over the one with the highest hash and you'll be good.

jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 06:00:06 AM

You did receive a portion of that block, but it was probably too small for you to notice then. IPO miner is run by a very intelligent and honest man. You will never get screwed there.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money
for a New World
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Join the conversation!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TWITTER

g_d

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:53:49 AM

You did receive a portion of that block, but it was probably too small for you to notice then. IPO miner is run by a very intelligent and honest man. You will never get screwed there.

Again. if I was amongst the top ten hashers, even if I receive 1% of the 1701 coins I would notice. NOTHING!

As far as choosing the pool goes...I get the idea and actually mine like that. in long term it makes sense and I know I don't suffer any disadvantage against the big hashrate pools, YET if I want to get a share of the bounty block, unless I'm really lucky I don't have a chance....

so I guess my question is still unanswered. I was there, I mined, I got nothing.
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 07:04:27 AM

Again. if I was amongst the top ten hashers, even if I receive 1% of the 1701 coins I would notice. NOTHING!

As far as choosing the pool goes...I get the idea and actually mine like that. in long term it makes sense and I know I don't suffer any disadvantage against the big hashrate pools, YET if I want to get a share of the bounty block, unless I'm really lucky I don't have a chance....

so I guess my question is still unanswered. I was there, I mined, I got nothing.

I like those bounty blocks, but the problem is when their block height is known, big pools try to accumulate all the power into the pool shortly before the block, then they literally "steal" just this one block and put the power elsewhere after the block has been stolen.

This hurts the whole idea... But thats probably life..

Its better to make those block show up on a random basis, like it was with EMC2's wormhole events where a series of blocks had a higher reward when a random generator hit a specific number with the last block...

Badman0316

Activity: 569
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:55:53 AM

Ipominer get superblock again

giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:03:41 AM

I'm sorry to say that, but your project has nothing new to offer to cryptocurrencies world.
and dogecoin did?
Yes, being the first meme coin.

MarKusRomanus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:03:41 PM

Yes,  the Kirk block was hit by IPOminer
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 01:07:21 PM

Where are the Superblocks defined ? Could not find anything in die Code

MarKusRomanus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:34:39 PM

I'm sorry to say that, but your project has nothing new to offer to cryptocurrencies world.
and dogecoin did?
Yes, being the first meme coin.

I guess MemeCoin doesn't count.  And to follow your logic.. Quatloo is the first star trek theme coin Tongue
MarKusRomanus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:36:29 PM

There are no superblocks defined.  I'm just doing bounty rewards for a few early blocks to promote the coin.  there will only be one more.
ThePeePs

Activity: 350

https://cryptassist.io

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:57:10 PM

Not much hash on the P2Pool, and mine is the only node up.  Let's see some more nodes and hash on the P2Pool!  It helps to keep the hash decentralized.

http://p2pool.thepeeps.net:19338

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
████  ████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
firedoner

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:56:19 PM

i want this coin cheapppppppp lol :p
g_d

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:31:57 PM

There are no superblocks defined.  I'm just doing bounty rewards for a few early blocks to promote the coin.  there will only be one more.

Yes, so can you explain to me why I did not get anything? Or provide proof that you have sent coins to me?

IF you award the bounty just to the one miner who found the block, I guess I don't want to hear about QTL ever again, coz you are making the "rich" richer...

If you break the payment down proportionally (per shares submitted) amongst the people on the pool that hit the block at the time, I did not receive anything...

It would seem much easier to have these bounty block to be part of the code so it can be distributed as a reward automatically, no?
MarKusRomanus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:35:42 PM

Yes,  the Kirk block was hit by IPOminer

There are no superblocks defined.  I'm just doing bounty rewards for a few early blocks to promote the coin.  there will only be one more.

Yes, so can you explain to me why I did not get anything? Or provide proof that you have sent coins to me?

IF you award the bounty just to the one miner who found the block, I guess I don't want to hear about QTL ever again, coz you are making the "rich" richer...

If you break the payment down proportionally (per shares submitted) amongst the people on the pool that hit the block at the time, I did not receive anything...

It would seem much easier to have these bounty block to be part of the code so it can be distributed as a reward automatically, no?

That is up to the pool owner to divide the bounty.  And it's probably a big hassle for him so be patient.  And no.. i never wanted there to be any hardcoded super blocks.  I'll just stop this bounty block thing altogether.
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 03:42:16 PM

Yes,  the Kirk block was hit by IPOminer

There are no superblocks defined.  I'm just doing bounty rewards for a few early blocks to promote the coin.  there will only be one more.

That is up to the pool owner to divide the bounty.  And it's probably a big hassle for him so be patient.  And no.. i never wanted there to be any hardcoded super blocks.  I'll just stop this bounty block thing altogether.

Random Superblocks are cool.. Like @ EMC2's Wormhole Events..

But "announced" Superblocks - you see what happens - they simply get stolen and no one (but the thief) is happy about it..

jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1396

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:29:58 PM

So whats going on with this coin...been almost no activity after it hit bittrex...need to do something to move the price up

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: