Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:11:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 385 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come  (Read 785447 times)
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:47:25 AM

Why is this even a thing

What do you see as a problem with the idea?  Seems like a solid project to me.

1. The CPU Miner - This will be released in the client at launch [will make external rpc miner in time]. This will be looking for prime clusters, searching off of a 1024 bit hash [~308 digits]. It will help to determine various prime number conjectures concerning "dense prime clusters". These clusters have been found as large as 17 primes.

2. The GPU Miner - I am currently in process of coding this [from scratch]. Since I upgraded the Coinshield Core to 512 bit / 1024 bit headers, all previous miners in their architecture will not work. My goal is to have a basic solo miner available for launch. I will be developing this more in the future [and hope others may help].

To make this fair, you really should release the mining software WELL in advance of the actual wallet release and coin launch...

Otherwise those behind this project have a clear and unfair advantage while others are still trying to compile/install and then optimize new mining software...  This isn't just another algo... this is totally new software you're talking about.

---

Have to say I'm a bit disappointed you didn't go with a memory-hard proof of work algorithm for GPUs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yampi

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:54:52 AM

We should not absorb just shitcoin economies, we should set out to absorb every coin out there, even bitcoin.
The coins that provided real innovation can be invited over to join Coin Shield development team to create the most innovative cryptocurrency ever after having their coins' economy absorbed by the coin shredding machine known as CSD.
shrekster

Activity: 299

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:59:21 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 04:26:07 AM by shrekster

The whole takeover attitude is going to be the downfall of this.
cwrmyy888

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:00:00 AM

The administrator, I have a few questions

This coin has an CPU channel, GPU channel.

How many blocks is CPU?

How many blocks is GPU?

For example :1-10000 CPU 10001-Forever?

At the same time with the CPU, GPU mining, block how to reward?
How to SOLO?
If only CPU
If only GPU
CPU and GPU mining

What is this three SOLO code? Not like other coins?

What command, how to identify the computer with CPU GPU dig or dig?
phzi

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:55:22 AM

How many blocks is CPU?

How many blocks is GPU?

How to SOLO?
If only CPU
If only GPU
CPU and GPU mining

I think the idea is that the network can mine two algorithm simultaneously, and find a block with either one.  Diff would adjust per-algorithm to target a certain portion of CPU vs GPU mining.

There's other examples where such a system has already been implemented (prior multi-channel coins based on bitcoin)

To solo mine, nothing should change if you already know the technical details behind solo mining.
Videlicet
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1058

Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 06:03:49 AM

How many blocks is CPU?

How many blocks is GPU?

How to SOLO?
If only CPU
If only GPU
CPU and GPU mining

It will be minable forever, with 2% annual inflation after 10 years. The CPU and GPU have their own algorithms, so each has their own difficulty adjustments. The blocks are rewarded based on the time it took for that particular channel to solve the block. This keeps the distribution based on time, rather than blocks.

To make this fair, you really should release the mining software WELL in advance of the actual wallet release and coin launch...

Otherwise those behind this project have a clear and unfair advantage while others are still trying to compile/install and then optimize new mining software...  This isn't just another algo... this is totally new software you're talking about.

I appreciate your concerns, and this is definitely an optimum approach, unfortunately in my circumstances I am in the position of being the developer for not just the Coinshield Core, but the GPU/CPU Miners [and not to forget the CSD Exchange Channels]. This makes my highest priority the Coinshield Core which I am testing currently [this is why I've had the time to chip away at the ole' GPU miner]  Smiley

Have to say I'm a bit disappointed you didn't go with a memory-hard proof of work algorithm for GPUs.

I decided to go with Skein and Keccak due to their security [and implementation of 1024 bit hashing]. My aim with this algorithm is ease on mining hardware, and from my experience memory hard hashing functions are a bit harder on hardware [Rather than the SHA3 candidates ex. blake, skein, keccak, etc.].

~Videlicet

[Nexus] Created by Viz. [Videlicet] : "videre licet - it may be seen; evidently; clearly"
yampi

Activity: 433

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:22:32 AM

I decided to go with Skein and Keccak due to their security [and implementation of 1024 bit hashing]. My aim with this algorithm is ease on mining hardware, and from my experience memory hard hashing functions are a bit harder on hardware [Rather than the SHA3 candidates ex. blake, skein, keccak, etc.].

~Videlicet

You mean the algorithm will be Skein and Keccak combined?
Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 06:29:56 AM

~Videlicet

It will be Skein hashed to Keccak [SK-1024]  Smiley

~Videlicet

[Nexus] Created by Viz. [Videlicet] : "videre licet - it may be seen; evidently; clearly"
Apostle4444

Activity: 832

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:46:38 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 08:03:02 AM by Apostle4444

I hold a few coins that I would deem shit.
Can't see how I can transfer these coins to a new wallet that you would be controlling when the coin itself is dead and can't be transferred any longer between wallets because no one is able to confirm transactions.

Are these coins deemed beyond Shit coin status ?
KryptoKash (OP)

Activity: 511
Merit: 275

Bitcoin Interest.

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:38:22 AM

Can't see how I can transfer these coins to a new wallet that you would be controlling when the coin itself is dead and can't be transferred any longer between wallets because no one is able to confirm transactions.

Are these coins deem beyond Shit coin status ?

If a coin is deemed shit by the community we will open a trade channel for it. If the coin has no miners and no one can confirm transactions the trade channel will go dormant. It will only send you CSD after it receives your coins. If it receives your coins after a set expiration time, your coins are returned to you. If or when the chain becomes unstuck, you will not have any issues using the trade channel. This will ensure that shitcoins stay dead and valueless.

znakistu

Activity: 263
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:44:43 AM

If a coin is deemed shit by the community we will open a trade channel for it. If the coin has no miners and no one can confirm transactions the trade channel will go dormant. It will only send you CSD after it receives your coins. If it receives your coins after a set expiration time, your coins are returned to you. If or when the chain becomes unstuck, you will not have any issues using the trade channel. This will ensure that shitcoins stay dead and valueless.

so let's take the following case:

i have 6 mil CTD - the network works. I just send 6 mil to the trade channel. i will receive how many CSD?

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  May 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 01:54:24 PM

~Videlicet

It will be Skein hashed to Keccak [SK-1024]  Smiley

~Videlicet
It change every page  Roll Eyes (a page ago it was sha-512/blake-512/skein-1024 now what exactly ?

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 03:32:10 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 07:52:26 PM by Videlicet

~Videlicet

It will be Skein hashed to Keccak [SK-1024]  Smiley

~Videlicet
It change every page  Roll Eyes (a page ago it was sha-512/blake-512/skein-1024 now what exactly ?

It is all part of the process. Cheesy

The final is SK-1024 and SK-512 which is Skein hashed to Keccak. This is implemented currently in Coinshield Core to replace all SHA2 hashes. Block Hashes use SK-1024, Core uses SK-512. Skein was the second runner up to Keccak in the NIST SHA3 competition, which makes them a strong combination.

EDIT: Here is an example of a Coinshield Address
2QuLJSwmbzQsXSosdLnew1FWmn8NFKUDEBwe4VP4DPCgbMxGeQN

I upgraded the hashing for addresses to SK-256 as well. [a bitcoin address looks like 1Fi57hAqyYYwaQVdA7a9qSKfiukBbt31G3]

~Videlicet

KryptoKash (OP)

Bitcoin Interest.

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:49:16 PM

so let's take the following case:

i have 6 mil CTD - the network works. I just send 6 mil to the trade channel. i will receive how many CSD?

Coinshield trade channels will use a highly advanced trade algorithm. The trade channel will check several factors prior to giving you an exchange rate. (value of both coins, the current buy orders of the shitcoin, as well as how many of the total supply we have already traded in and dumped, as well as a few other things). How much CSD you receive will depend on all these factors. Remember to get the best exchange rate possible you will want to be one of the first traders when the channel opens.

LTCMAXMYR

Activity: 609

DMD,XZC

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 04:04:03 AM

i am waiting to dig.
are the cpu and gpu tools ready?

Never buy any ICO altcoin.
Never buy any ASIC altcoin.
Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 07:08:46 AM

I'm extending launch 1 more week. It will be on 7/18/14 12:00 PM

This will be the last extension [I Promise].
I am only one person, and I still have to write an external GPU miner from scratch [also still waiting on data centers to get more servers]

Everything else is done.

~Videlicet

KryptoKash (OP)

Bitcoin Interest.

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 07:12:44 AM

I'm extending launch 1 more week. It will be on 7/18/14 12:00 PM

This will be the last extension [I Promise].
I am only one person, and I still have to write an external GPU miner from scratch [also still waiting on data centers to get more servers]

Everything else is done.

~Videlicet

New Launch (And Final) Timer: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140718T12&p0=137&msg=CoinShield+Launch&csz=1

coinsolidation

Activity: 294

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 08:32:48 AM

Videlicet, I am happy to see a knowledgeable developer putting in so much hard work.

But I am worried about QA, with so much innovation and new code coming from a single source, there must be bugs. What is the QA process, who are the testers?

I do not mean to discourage the effort at all, or anything negative, rather to encourage this to go smoothly for you, since you have put so much hard work in to the project.

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 08:51:09 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2014, 09:38:26 AM by Videlicet

Videlicet, I am happy to see a knowledgeable developer putting in so much hard work.

But I am worried about QA, with so much innovation and new code coming from a single source, there must be bugs. What is the QA process, who are the testers?

I do not mean to discourage the effort at all, or anything negative, rather to encourage this to go smoothly for you, since you have put so much hard work in to the project.

It is currently just [me] testing [with many computers], this is one reason I have been pushing the launch back [I need to ensure that the code is stable].

Anyone is welcome to help test, I'm actually thinking of releasing some binaries with a Unifed Time Lock set to 7/18/14 12:00 PM, so that we can test it on a testnet before launch. Either way this will keep people from producing any blocks on main net until launch time, to allow the binaries to be released before launch [this makes the process much easier on everyone]  Smiley

EDIT: I assure the quality of the code by dedicating a large quantity of my time solely to its development - experience amplifies this. It is my personal philosophy that more minds together amplifies anything; with this being said - all willing [testers] will be welcomed with open arms

Thank You,
~Videlicet

mumus

Activity: 291

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 09:15:10 AM

It is currently just [me] testing [with many computers], this is one reason I have been pushing the launch back [I need to ensure that the code is stable].

Anyone is welcome to help test, I'm actually thinking of releasing some binaries with a Unifed Time Lock set to 7/18/14 12:00 PM, so that we can test it on a testnet before launch. Either way this will keep people from producing any blocks on main net until launch time, to allow the binaries to be released before launch [this makes the process much easier on everyone]  Smiley

Thank You,
~Videlicet

I would be interested to participate in some testing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 385 »
  Print  

Jump to: