Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:28:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 385 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come  (Read 785444 times)
Bitdonator
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:49:22 PM

Can we expect wallet for Android?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Videlicet
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1058

Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 02:12:17 PM

Can we expect wallet for Android?

Yes, but not at launch. This will be of a lower priority compared to other components [exchange / voting channels, coinshield core, etc.].

~Videlicet

[Nexus] Created by Viz. [Videlicet] : "videre licet - it may be seen; evidently; clearly"
Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 07:18:27 PM

Here is an [update] of current [progress]:

1. All major systems coded and implemented in Coinshield Core [clearing up last few bugs / tuning the engine]
2. Upgrading elliptical private/public key system in wallet to 1024 bits [in-process, private key output is 1024 bits, adjusting curve group to have larger modulation than NID_secp256k1]
3. Finally had time [while testing] to work on Qt, got it up to par. I will be doing more development on this post-launch.
4. [in-process] of developing RPC client to handle GetBlockTemplate for external CPU / GPU while [BitSlapper is working on GPU kernal, everyone give him a Big Thank You for offering his help].

My CPU hashrate for SK-1024 is about 50 kh/s per core.
It looks like we will be ready for public testing quite soon.

~Videlicet

edit: slight reformatting

[Nexus] Created by Viz. [Videlicet] : "videre licet - it may be seen; evidently; clearly"
coinsolidation

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 07:26:42 PM

Good work Videlicet, I look forward to testing your code.

Which CPU are you using?

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 09:45:42 PM

Good work Videlicet, I look forward to testing your code.

Which CPU are you using?

Intel Pentium G3220 @ 3Ghz

~Videlicet

smackii

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:56:47 PM

Mineable only by CPU?
Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 10:00:25 PM

Mineable only by CPU?

There is an SK-1024 GPU channel, and Prime Number CPU channel.

~Videlicet

GoldenUnity

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:20:22 AM

I'm not going to be able to rental mine this am I?
bigreddmachine

Activity: 193

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 12:26:05 PM

Hi, I just wanted to say... very early on I was quite critical of this project (and I still have qualms about the concept) but I must say that I am impressed with the amount of development that you have put into this coin.  I hope that you are able to have a successful launch and do some good for the altcoin community.  Please remember the little guys when you launch, and be thorough before deciding to take out a coin!

- BRM
Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 04:32:39 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2014, 04:43:30 PM by Videlicet

I'm not going to be able to rental mine this am I?

Yes, I do believe you are correct.

Hi, I just wanted to say... very early on I was quite critical of this project (and I still have qualms about the concept) but I must say that I am impressed with the amount of development that you have put into this coin.  I hope that you are able to have a successful launch and do some good for the altcoin community.  Please remember the little guys when you launch, and be thorough before deciding to take out a coin!

- BRM

I appreciate the support. The way I see it is - if I'm going to take the stance of quality, I better put in the hard work to back it up. I'm sure over time this idea will continually be refined to prevent manipulation as with any new system. Unfortunately sometimes the only way to discover [and prevent] such things is through the experience of them.

My ultimate goal here, is to convey to everyone that we can change the way things are by working together. I personally believe the way to unite the people is through a cause they all can have a part in - the direction. I hope that my hard work here, will encourage other developers to work hard on their projects to really produce unique and useful coins. This will help the public adoption of cryptocurrencies by improving the quality [and image] of the marketplace.

Thank You,
~Videlicet

edit: slight reformatting

coinsolidation

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 07:31:08 PM

Videlicet,

I would like to tip you with 80 Bitmarks out of respect for your hard work and approach to the development of, and communication about, your CoinShield project.

This represents 4 full blocks and is 1/3rd of the coins I own, hopefully one day it will serve to be of some value to you.

If you pass me a Bitmark address I will send you the coins.

Keep up the good work, innovation and hard work are to be admired.

Mark

Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 07:45:01 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2014, 01:21:06 AM by Videlicet

Videlicet,

I would like to tip you with 80 Bitmarks out of respect for your hard work and approach to the development of, and communication about, your CoinShield project.

This represents 4 full blocks and is 1/3rd of the coins I own, hopefully one day it will serve to be of some value to you.

If you pass me a Bitmark address I will send you the coins.

Keep up the good work, innovation and hard work are to be admired.

Mark

Wow, it is wonderful to know there are good people on this planet, Thank You Mark.

~Videlicet

I'll send you a PM

edit: to clarify our position concerning donations
By the nature of how Coinshield works, and the position we have taken, we are unable to accept donations. We hope everyone understands our responsibility to absolute non-bias, in order to make this system successful.

cryptozim

Activity: 183

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 06:04:00 PM

By the nature of how Coinshield works, and the position we have taken, we are unable to accept donations. We hope everyone understands our responsibility to absolute non-bias, in order to make this system successful.

Wait. Integrity? That's not how crypto works, is it?

BTC: 15h26g3SUu6iXUi1phv5FHmASc5hDeGHpJ | LSK: 840098997497226041L | CSC: cMsbRGMLzu7Ss8L7Vv6osksUyt5P322uxS
coinsolidation

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 06:13:14 PM

Wait. Integrity? That's not how crypto works, is it?

I can confirm that he refused the BTM I offered also.

So I'll help him with early testing instead Smiley

Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 06:30:08 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2014, 12:35:45 AM by Videlicet

Development [Update] : Testnet launch [most likely today {edit: private testing in process} possibly tomorrow]. I am deciding for the last time, to give Coinshield the little extra time it needs for everything to be 100%. I hope everyone understands I keep extending the launch because there have been more things that needed tending. I am ensuring that I can be as thorough as possible, to get this done correctly [the first time]. Below you'll be able to read the list of how everything has finally settled, and what is still needing further development. Pending on how testing goes, Coinshield could launch in 2 days or 5 days. I hope to see some public involvement in the testing, to ensure the Coinshield Core is scrutinized from as many angles as possible. This way I can tend to any issues that may arise, so they do not become problems come launch time.

1. Fractional Rewarding - Finalized: Fractional Rewards are now based on excess created in block index. This allows Coinshield to break up excess into full rewards [~50 CSD]. This will distribute excess supply evenly to more miners, to have a more fair distribution. Due to the nature of the Fractional Excess System, if a miner manipulates their clock to the maximum allowed in Unified Time, they will create excess that will be given to other miners. This will prevent such an act.

2. Shield Target - Finalized: Shield target now works with the Fractional Excess system to deflate difficulty the moment there is excess. This helps the chain recover from long block times much more quickly. Currently fine tuning the parameters to ensure smoothest adjustments

3. CPU: Prime Channel - Finalized: Prime channel finds dense prime clusters off of an SK-1024 hash produced from nBits and hashMerkleRoot. The prime offset is determined by nNonce. This method prevents anyone from submitting just any prime, they would have to build a block and find the prime from the hash in order to successfully generate CSD. Difficulty is represented by a decimal value [ex. 1.5867] where the whole number is the cluster size, and the decimal is the fractional remainder of last composite in cluster. It runs about 1 PPS [Primes Per Second] and 600 SPS [Searches Per Second] per core and finds a cluster of difficulty 2.0 every 150 seconds.

4. GPU: SK-1024 - Miner: In-Process - Core Finalized: Normal methods of hashing, except miner has to hash 1024 bits, not 256 bits.

5. Json RPC Server - In-Process: Updating several commands such as "getmininginfo", "getblocktemplate", "submitblock". Adding commands such as "listprimes", "getprime <hash>", "getlastprime", "getlastblock <channel>". Everything else functions correctly in RPC server [as far as I've seen].

6. Private Keys - In-Process: Using largest curve group NID_sect571k1 or NID_sect571r1 to suit our needs quite well. This provides double the security compared to previous curves used [last issue is serialization from disk].

7. Coinshield-Qt - In-Process All major components work such as signing message, address generation, send transactions, etc. There were a couple issues that had to be resolved, but it is now fully functional. It is still in-process because it is "a little rough around the edges" in the sense of column default sizes being slightly off [because addresses before upgrade were 160 bit]

8. Unified Time - Semi-Finalized: Works perfectly for any node. Making small decisions as to how often unified time is checked for consistency or what the maximum allowable drift should be [to account for propagation time]. Unified Time updates seed from peers successfully if UTM seed goes down, adding other small layers of security such as preventing people from flooding network with a false time seed, or localized clock manipulators [check clock to itself, if it changes more that +- 60 seconds, add temporary offset until unified time is updated].

9. Proof of Stake - Semi-Finalized: Tuning the modifier time, split/combine ratio, yearly output.

I appreciate the continued support through the development of this project.
~Videlicet

IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:42:08 PM

COOL!  I hope the launch gets delayed a few more days, have to go out of town this weekend and was upset I was going to miss the launch.....prob still will, but I can hope:-)
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 12:54:37 AM

Nice to see the development evolving.

Hopeful we see the miner and a testnet-only client a while before launch?
Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 01:44:54 AM

Nice to see the development evolving.

Hopeful we see the miner and a testnet-only client a while before launch?

I just started a round of private testing, based on results I will release a testnet only client for everyone to hop on. After client is deemed stable, I will then release main net binaries with a time-lock for a set launch time. This will let everyone get setup before launch. Finally, I will release the source code at launch [I am keeping it private until launch to protect the time-lock].

As for the miner It is in process and yes will be released before launch. Bitslapper is handling the GPU kernal and making progress, which is greatly speeding up the process.

I'll keep everyone posted on future progress,

~Videlicet

Superxfast

Activity: 161

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 01:57:44 AM

Development [Update] : Testnet launch [most likely today {edit: private testing in process} possibly tomorrow]. I am deciding for the last time, to give Coinshield the little extra time it needs for everything to be 100%. I hope everyone understands I keep extending the launch because there have been more things that needed tending. I am ensuring that I can be as thorough as possible, to get this done correctly [the first time]. Below you'll be able to read the list of how everything has finally settled, and what is still needing further development. Pending on how testing goes, Coinshield could launch in 2 days or 5 days. I hope to see some public involvement in the testing, to ensure the Coinshield Core is scrutinized from as many angles as possible. This way I can tend to any issues that may arise, so they do not become problems come launch time.

1. Fractional Rewarding - Finalized: Fractional Rewards are now based on excess created in block index. This allows Coinshield to break up excess into full rewards [~50 CSD]. This will distribute excess supply evenly to more miners, to have a more fair distribution. Due to the nature of the Fractional Excess System, if a miner manipulates their clock to the maximum allowed in Unified Time, they will create excess that will be given to other miners. This will prevent such an act.

2. Shield Target - Finalized: Shield target now works with the Fractional Excess system to deflate difficulty the moment there is excess. This helps the chain recover from long block times much more quickly. Currently fine tuning the parameters to ensure smoothest adjustments

3. CPU: Prime Channel - Finalized: Prime channel finds dense prime clusters off of an SK-1024 hash produced from nBits and hashMerkleRoot. The prime offset is determined by nNonce. This method prevents anyone from submitting just any prime, they would have to build a block and find the prime from the hash in order to successfully generate CSD. Difficulty is represented by a decimal value [ex. 1.5867] where the whole number is the cluster size, and the decimal is the fractional remainder of last composite in cluster. It runs about 1 PPS [Primes Per Second] and 600 SPS [Searches Per Second] per core and finds a cluster of difficulty 2.0 every 150 seconds.

4. GPU: SK-1024 - Miner: In-Process - Core Finalized: Normal methods of hashing, except miner has to hash 1024 bits, not 256 bits.

5. Json RPC Server - In-Process: Updating several commands such as "getmininginfo", "getblocktemplate", "submitblock". Adding commands such as "listprimes", "getprime <hash>", "getlastprime", "getlastblock <channel>". Everything else functions correctly in RPC server [as far as I've seen].

6. Private Keys - In-Process: Using largest curve group NID_sect571k1 or NID_sect571r1 to suit our needs quite well. This provides double the security compared to previous curves used [last issue is serialization from disk].

7. Coinshield-Qt - In-Process All major components work such as signing message, address generation, send transactions, etc. There were a couple issues that had to be resolved, but it is now fully functional. It is still in-process because it is "a little rough around the edges" in the sense of column default sizes being slightly off [because addresses before upgrade were 160 bit]

8. Unified Time - Semi-Finalized: Works perfectly for any node. Making small decisions as to how often unified time is checked for consistency or what the maximum allowable drift should be [to account for propagation time]. Unified Time updates seed from peers successfully if UTM seed goes down, adding other small layers of security such as preventing people from flooding network with a false time seed, or localized clock manipulators [check clock to itself, if it changes more that +- 60 seconds, add temporary offset until unified time is updated].

9. Proof of Stake - Semi-Finalized: Tuning the modifier time, split/combine ratio, yearly output.

I appreciate the continued support through the development of this project.
~Videlicet

No problem, many servers still wait to test for you.
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:00:39 AM

Well.......looks like I am def gonna miss the launch, but wanted to wish you all well with it!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 385 »
  Print  

Jump to: