Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:18:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin is officially dead  (Read 290681 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 01:00:58 AM

hint though if I was the dev of a coin i'd be looking after my own coin rather then trying to FUD others.

I was simply providing the obvious answer to the poster's question. I'm not long LTC so it's easier for me to see things clearly.

you mean repeating the same dribble ad nauseam. and yes you're all in on goldcoin so you see things very slanted.

hey I'm a large gldcoin holder but i see things clearly ie gldcoin won't get anywhere, crazy premine, block rewards reduced by you in a vain attempt to pump and its only reached its peaks trading wise by random pumpers that themselves had no interest in the coin.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 01:09:10 AM

you mean repeating the same dribble ad nauseam. and yes you're all in on goldcoin so you see things very slanted.

hey I'm a large gldcoin holder but i see things clearly ie gldcoin won't get anywhere, crazy premine, block rewards reduced by you in a vain attempt to pump and its only reached its peaks trading wise by random pumpers that themselves had no interest in the coin.

Your adolescent hatred for Goldcoin is well documented on this forum. I guess attempting to trash GLD is the best you can do regardless of the thread topic.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=353010.0
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 01:15:08 AM

Your adolescent hatred for Goldcoin is well documented on this forum. I guess attempting to trash GLD is the best you can do regardless of the thread topic.

just as your attempt to plug your shitcoin in any thread regardless of topic.

difference is I being the largest goldcoin holder i don't really need to trash gldcoin in threads, i can do it on market Wink

hell i was even willing to call a truce with your new client coming out, if it was half decent and pushed forward in a positive way, however your constant trolling of litecoin and supporting this self moderated thread, has rekindled my desire to prevent gldcoin getting anywhere.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 01:20:57 AM

difference is I being the largest goldcoin holder i don't really need to trash gldcoin in threads, i can do it on market Wink

Playtime has been fun, but I have to go eat dinner now. Tongue

Besides, I've got other interests to attend to: http://rt.com/news/248473-transplant-head-body-canavero/
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 01:29:10 AM

Playtime has been fun, but I have to go eat dinner now. Tongue

Besides, I've got other interests to attend to: http://rt.com/news/248473-transplant-head-body-canavero/

yeah i really want to read about  Mark Karpeles of the Mt. Gox scandal getting one of these operations years from now with his ill gotten gains
while the rest of us kick the bucket...you know even if something like this works ....only the top 1% would be able to do this ....yep .....
imortality..just what i want to see...(that and sam cole at KNC .......as well)....argh.....an immortal donald trump...sh*t......

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 02:26:43 AM

I agree with Microguy, sorry kelsey, but I dont agree with people who think that such and such coin is 'righteous' while they go around trash talking about other coins being 'not righteous'.
I know they don't use the word 'righteous' but read between the lines, that is what they are implying.

As if a bunch of miners mining a coin is somehow 'righteous', I don't see it that way, no matter what.
( the word 'mining' is made up, I think, it isn't really mining, but they are finding newly minted money,
I would say they are like money printers more than 'miners' or the miners are part of the making of money process, but hardly 'miners'. I do not agree with that)

Sorry, but all unrighteous, not one righteous.

Bitcoin is what you would call a premine, and if you don't like that kind of coin, then why are you chasing after bitcoins, because this is a bitcoin forum, and we do not give a sh about that with bitcoin,
and I don't give a sh about that with goldcoin either, or any other coin either.

But I really hate the the posts that trash talk about that, when they don't seem to realize that bitcoin is a premine, and they are involved with bitcoin obviously.

The so-called 'righteous' coins of the 'no premine' theory or philosophy,
also exclude non-miners from getting in on the coin at all early on,
except to maybe buy the coin from miners at extremely inflated prices
while all the righteous miners go around pumping like crazy without warning any of the non-mining traders
that the prices are over-inflated by all the miners.

funny though bitbet i mostly agree with you, personally i am no miner (only ever having mined with a 20khz laptop).

also other then as a trading medium i myself never hold bitcoin nore am I a fan of it.

i've always said the only thing good to come out of cryptos so far is the 'idea'

i'm just in this thread countering fud (i myself have had a go at ltc more then most but base it on reality with no ulterior motive).
TheMage

Activity: 812

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 01:52:15 AM

I don't understand why the creator is hesitating to enhance the coin with useful features.

Because his boss at Coinbase has made the company policy crystal clear.

https://twitter.com/brian_armstrong/status/569914763263606785

People like him, think that Position gives you the right to dictate conditions - in my opinion this is wrong!

Just to point this out, and OP please dont delete this.

http://coinfire.io/2015/02/24/litecoin-association-director-challenges-coinbase-ceo-to-public-debate/

As much as the majority here may hate/dislike/whatever Litecoin, please remember that those of us who work with Litecoin do care about other communities. And I spoke on all alts when I said that btw.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
TheMage

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 04:12:47 AM

Litecoin, Bitcoin, Ripple, Dash... regardless of how much money has been invested in them so far, they are all financial experiments.  Even the Bitcoin core developers still call their Bitcoin client, a "beta" version, and a scared shit to go to the 1.x version....

Altcoins have an important role to play in defining the landscape, the properties that will define the future internet money - Andreas Antonopolis recognized the important role of altcoins in many occasions.

Coinbase is so intrenched with Bitcoin - they have no other choices than to promote it, and disregard any other technology.  In other words; "you can't bet against your own horse".

Keep mining, keep trading, keep promoting internet money, in any shape, form or function!  

Ohh they have a choice, and personally I plan to make it very loud and clear to them on it Smiley.

Also I love your last statement, I think more people in the alt section needs to adopt this tagline. Too many people fighting against each other instead of looking at the big picture and realizing we have "bigger fish to fry" Smiley

EDIT: As much as I hate to say is also since I made the above statement, I do not count ripple in the same boat because it is a "crypto" backed and created by a company. Company coins do not deserve the same title as Litecoin, Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Dash, etc. as a crypto currency.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
TheMage

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 05:09:05 AM

EDIT: As much as I hate to say is also since I made the above statement, I do not count ripple in the same boat because it is a "crypto" backed and created by a company. Company coins do not deserve the same title as Litecoin, Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Dash, etc. as a crypto currency.

Deserve? Who are you to dictate who is deserving or not? If you want to be all inclusive, you can't exclude any technology, including Ripple.  You would discriminate, plain and simple.  

I hear you on Ripple, but lets table their draw backs, as draw backs.  Do not exclude them.

70% of Ripple is owned by Ripple Labs, by design, but 45% of Litecoins are now owned by the top 100 addresses... Is Litecoin also becoming a corporate-owned coin?

For starters im not dictating anything, its a personal opinion.

Interesting thought on that. My concerns with a company controlled come in with the distribution method employed with those companies (Ripple and GAW are the only ones that come to mind). Coins like Litecoin where there was a more fair (I say more fair because there is never a "perfect" distribution method) are more legitimate in my eyes. Litecoin as well as many of the top coins are becoming more and more concentrated, but if you study economics it seems that this is a naturally occurring theme (disclosure, I do not study economics, but I do perform a lot of research to self educate myself).

However, the same can be said for IPO/ICO coins where the developer acts as a company a distributes in much of the same basis. Which as we all know those methods can be utilized for more nefarious purposes (get rich quick, pump and dump, etc.). But there is also the argument where someone is very passionate and wants to help cryptos. And in turn they need funding in order to live. I personally have a good friend who is a developer for a lesser known alt that has done this, and his ICO/IPO still wasnt enough. This is ultimately a trust issue here in which there is no good answer.

Crypto's are not as black and white as people make them out to be. And part of this shortsightedness will hinder mass adoption in the future. The philosophy and legal implications stretch well beyond most of the content that will be recognized on the forums here, twitter, and other mediums.

darkota (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 07:38:58 AM

Haven't checked coinmarketcap for a bit, Ripple is 2nd place and ahead of ltc by A Lot.
o0‡0o

Activity: 227
Merit: 103

Have faith.

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 07:50:18 AM

Haven't checked coinmarketcap for a bit, Ripple is 2nd place and ahead of ltc by A Lot.
Just for your info, Ripple is a company and not a cryptocoin

Get used to it.
MetalEngine
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1022

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 07:51:05 AM

I losed all my LiteCoins on Ice Hockey WC 2015.
pc888
Legendary

Activity: 1624

https://bata.io

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 11:44:05 AM

Some people just don't get what Crypto is. LTC is not dead. Never will die.

pc888
Legendary

Activity: 1624

https://bata.io

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 11:45:04 AM

what he said.. Wink

quote author=TheMage link=topic=658541.msg11170378#msg11170378 date=1429765745]

Deserve? Who are you to dictate who is deserving or not? If you want to be all inclusive, you can't exclude any technology, including Ripple.  You would discriminate, plain and simple.  

I hear you on Ripple, but lets table their draw backs, as draw backs.  Do not exclude them.

70% of Ripple is owned by Ripple Labs, by design, but 45% of Litecoins are now owned by the top 100 addresses... Is Litecoin also becoming a corporate-owned coin?

For starters im not dictating anything, its a personal opinion.

Interesting thought on that. My concerns with a company controlled come in with the distribution method employed with those companies (Ripple and GAW are the only ones that come to mind). Coins like Litecoin where there was a more fair (I say more fair because there is never a "perfect" distribution method) are more legitimate in my eyes. Litecoin as well as many of the top coins are becoming more and more concentrated, but if you study economics it seems that this is a naturally occurring theme (disclosure, I do not study economics, but I do perform a lot of research to self educate myself).

However, the same can be said for IPO/ICO coins where the developer acts as a company a distributes in much of the same basis. Which as we all know those methods can be utilized for more nefarious purposes (get rich quick, pump and dump, etc.). But there is also the argument where someone is very passionate and wants to help cryptos. And in turn they need funding in order to live. I personally have a good friend who is a developer for a lesser known alt that has done this, and his ICO/IPO still wasnt enough. This is ultimately a trust issue here in which there is no good answer.

Crypto's are not as black and white as people make them out to be. And part of this shortsightedness will hinder mass adoption in the future. The philosophy and legal implications stretch well beyond most of the content that will be recognized on the forums here, twitter, and other mediums.
[/quote]

azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 06:17:56 AM

Some people just don't get what Crypto is. LTC is not dead. Never will die.

he is not dead just too low on price way to low.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

thebenjamincode

Activity: 490

37iGtdUJc2xXTDkw5TQZJQX1Wb98gSLYVP

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:06:07 AM

i think litecoin is not dead unless there are no one who trades it or use it or mine it
NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 09:06:54 PM

i think litecoin is not dead unless there are no one who trades it or use it or mine it

It's dead to the bagholders that come here pushing their own coins that haven't been around for a cup of coffee. It's dead to the people who don't see LTC supporters come on this board and act like 12 year olds in the school yard who just got pubic hair. It's dead to those that don't believe that LTC and technologies like it will change the world. It's dead to those who are dick-hurt that they didn't strike it rich, as though a bulk of fiat currency will make everything better in their lives. It's dead to those who demand instant growth and adoption. It's dead to people that don't believe in sleeping giants, because the thought of one's existence frightens them.

So when you order your coffee, you guys feel free to get a Double Ristretto Venti Half-Soy Nonfat Decaf Organic Chocolate Brownie Iced Vanilla Double-Shot Gingerbread Frappuccino Extra Hot With Foam Whipped Cream Upside Down Double Blended, One Sweet'N Low and One Nutrasweet, and Ice.

Us Litecoiners, we'll stick to black.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 04:16:39 AM

Honest question. 

If I'm someone who has never used a cryptocurrency before, why should I speculate/use litecoin over Monero?

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
TheMage

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 06:05:21 AM

Honest question. 

If I'm someone who has never used a cryptocurrency before, why should I speculate/use litecoin over Monero?

Same reason you would be speculative of Bitcoin over Litecoin. You most likely have heard about it more. Hence the elephant in the room when discussing cryptos (both the "Ive heard of it" and the speculative nature of it all, bitcoin included).

onewiseguy

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 06:15:35 AM

Yea litecoin is not dead its the silver of cryptocurrency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: