Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:19:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin is officially dead  (Read 290681 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:36:50 AM

I am not involve with Litecoin. As a newbie now I am trying to learn about Bitcoin. I have read some articles on litcoin and I don't think Litecoin is totally dead.

it is not, because every coin want to be second only to bitcoin they keep calling LTC dismiss ahead of the time.

Ripple is second, Litecoin is just wannabe second. Cheesy

Hmm I haven't been keeping track for a while but did Ripple pass Litecoin recently
Or is it just close
2    Litecoin Litecoin    $ 146,328,535    $ 4.53    32,334,296 LTC    $ 2,811,260    -3.33 %    
3    Ripple Ripple    $ 139,012,161    $ 0.004795    28,989,252,282 XRP *    $ 536,256    5.36 %

It did a few weeks ago for a total of ten minutes from what I remember. Ripple was being threatened by another coin to keep their spot (NXT maybe? I cant remember) so they decided to print off more money (yes, literally create more ripple) and add it to the supply. Ergo since Coinmarketcap is a poor indicator of how to measure POS coins it just does a simple supply X value and it shows an inflated value.

yep, it was btsx, it showed how these tokens markecap are totally centralized and untrustworthy.

Lol I love the blind hate for anything that's not PoW (@Nekomata), but all three of you have it wrong.

BTSX passed Ripple and the Ripple leap frogged BTSX shortly thereafter on coinmarketcap yes, but Ripple didn't print any new XRP. It has to do with how Coinmarketcap calculates the market cap for Ripple. It only includes in the calculation the amount of XRP that is not owned by Ripple Labs. There has always been 100 Billion XRP and that number hasn't ever changed, but currently Coinmarketcap only uses about 30 billion for its market cap calculation.. in other words the amount NOT currently held by Ripple Labs. In actuality with all XRP added into the market cap calculation, Ripple has a market cap of $479,800,000 making it the 2nd most valuable cryptocurrency in regards to total market cap, and Litecoin the 3rd.

Find out more here: https://www.ripplelabs.com/xrp-distribution/

You will notice under the amount not held by Ripple Labs it states: Total includes business development agreements that are still pending.

This is what I believe happened... it was convenient timing to make a business deal seeing as though it happened maybe 24 hours or so after BTSX passed them up on Coinmarketcap. Conspiracy? Maybe, maybe not, but due to the recent news about Ripple and its partnerships with banks I guess those Ripples are for probably for that.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:43:58 AM

I am not involve with Litecoin. As a newbie now I am trying to learn about Bitcoin. I have read some articles on litcoin and I don't think Litecoin is totally dead.

it is not, because every coin want to be second only to bitcoin they keep calling LTC dismiss ahead of the time.

Ripple is not a coin lol

Although I don't endorse Ripple, but what does your 'not a coin' have to do with anything? Do you imply that if something's not mined, it can't transfer value and thus act as money? Well, you're wrong, there are multiple examples of the opposite. Coin - no coin, you're stuck in 2009-2013 Bitcoin mining era, hello, it's 2014!
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:54:26 AM

Ripple is not a coin lol

Although I don't endorse Ripple, but what does your 'not a coin' have to do with anything? Do you imply that if something's not mined, it can't transfer value and thus act as money? Well, you're wrong, there are multiple examples of the opposite. Coin - no coin, you're stuck in 2009-2013 Bitcoin mining era, hello, it's 2014!

I think it was a joke as there is not a Ripple coin, but Ripple is a network and XRP is the native coin of that network. I use the words interchangeably, but technically he was correct.. even though it was a bit nit picky.

If he was not being nit picky, then carry on. Smiley
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:59:47 AM

I like to stay on 2013 Smiley

If people preferred to stay in the past and not move on to advance technologies, there'd never be Bitcoin in the first place, no Internet, etc. It's funny how Bitcoin adopters consider themselves progressive individuals, but at the same time are stuck in their beliefs. How is that progressive? Technology is all about moving forward, not staying on one spot, thinking you're the king of the hill. It's so funny to observe though Smiley
azguard
Legendary

Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 11:44:32 AM

I like to stay on 2013 Smiley

If people preferred to stay in the past and not move on to advance technologies, there'd never be Bitcoin in the first place, no Internet, etc. It's funny how Bitcoin adopters consider themselves progressive individuals, but at the same time are stuck in their beliefs. How is that progressive? Technology is all about moving forward, not staying on one spot, thinking you're the king of the hill. It's so funny to observe though Smiley

True if you all think that this will happen again sure it will but not today or tomorrow but next year!?!
No body know what will happen with any coin on market, today it is one price tomorrow another.

My personal opinion is that this coin will rise again like in past but i dont think that the price will be like last time.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

blablaace

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:50:53 PM

LTC is number 2, immediately after BTC.
we don't know for how long it will be, but now it is
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 10:40:32 PM

Litecoin is officially dead, why you may ask?

What Litecoin used to offer:

ASIC Resistance
GPU Resistance
2.5minute blocktime

What Litecoin now offers:
2.5minute blocktime

Basically, Litecoin is worth less than Blackcoin, Netcoin, OompaLoompaCoin, heck, practically anycoin that has a faster blocktime and Any other feature... Litecoin offers absolutely nothing over what 99% of these alt coins offers, even the worst alt coin offer more innovative features than Litecoin. And to those litecoin bagholders, who say that "Litecoins age and adoption" is something it offers, that's not true..There are NO reputable stores Worldwide that accept Litecoin, not one.

Verdict: Litecoin is dead, it hasn't been updated in years, it's a practically abandoned coin. I'm gonna feel really sorry to all the litecoin bagholders that are still "HODLING" when Litecoin reaches $1, 50 cents, 10 cents etc.

Bitcoin offers nothing over all other cryptocoins so it is dead as well?  Shocked  Let me invest all my wealth into latest and greatest shit pitched around here, The World will do the same!

Not really.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
azguard
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 08:11:34 AM

LTC will stay here where it is.
But maybe in time will lose his 2nd spot on list.

More and more coin are out every day but some stay other are dumped.
Me like LTC and DOGE equally but sometimes I hate LTC.

So i stopped investing in LTC only in other coins holding small amount that i have in "hope" for better days.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

arieq

Activity: 364
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 12:05:40 AM

Haven't posted in here in a long time, just wanted to say I am very excited for LTC in the next few weeks. Does anyone remember how long LTC was over $48? I'm trying to remember if it was seconds, minutes, or hours.

sensimilia

Activity: 702
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 12:08:46 AM

a little longer  Grin

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 03:33:33 AM

Haven't posted in here in a long time, just wanted to say I am very excited for LTC in the next few weeks. Does anyone remember how long LTC was over $48? I'm trying to remember if it was seconds, minutes, or hours.

i think minutes. Didn't last long  Undecided
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 09:57:42 AM

With that logic why buy bitcoin? Why not buy bitshares?

BTC is everywhere. ATMs in many countries, thousands of articles every day, biggest community, sometimes info in TV/newspapers etc.
If someone think about crypto-currency - think about BTC... Wink
he was worried about tx time.. and network effect wont fix that.
darkota (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 02:17:27 PM

BTC is everywhere. ATMs in many countries, thousands of articles every day, biggest community, sometimes info in TV/newspapers etc.

Sites like bitpay make using bitcoin near instantaneous, similar to cash(0 confirms are needed).
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 05:10:57 AM

Sites like bitpay make using bitcoin near instantaneous, similar to cash(0 confirms are needed).
Another mtgox? Theres a reason for confirmations no?
azguard
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 05:19:19 AM

Ltc cannot be dead received several email from different faucet that they back ltc faucet seem like they dont want to LTC die so they activated all dead faucets?

Can this be good or bad?

What you all think about it.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

bajlox

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 06:41:56 AM

My personal opinion is that this will end good.
I hope that with SCRIPT merge pool all script coin will progress not just LTC or DOGE.

elgimpo

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 07:46:29 AM

Still plenty of life left in this one
Oscilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 09:08:41 AM

Still plenty of life left in this one

Yes. But how long will it last?
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 12:58:04 PM

I'm not so sure that LTC is dead. You need to consider the fact that LTC is one of the most widely spread coins in the world. The greater the number of people that use/hold a coin, the more stable the coin is and the more likely it will be able to weather dumping.
Litecoin originated at a time when there were few coins around which is part of the reason why it has such a huge fanbase. Nowadays, you get a dozen new coins everyday. Even though they pack a lot of features, it's harder for them to accumulate faithfuls - 2 reasons, 1, there are too many coins to choose from and 2, a lot people are impatient and jump from one coin to the next without ever really settling down.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 01:22:47 PM

most noobs look at price not volume. One big dump left atleast to get noobs out.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: