Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:28:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin Is NOT Dead (It Is Just Dying A Slow Death)  (Read 28282 times)
doo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:13:19 PM

I used to be fairly into LTC, but over time have been shifting all my LTC into a 2nd gen coin at first it was just to diversify my holdings just in case a Bitcoin flaw was found so looked at one with a different code base. But as time has gone on I've come to similar conclusions as you, so have moved the whole lot to the coin I see as the most innovative with quickest development.
If got a few Moneros too, but a different code base also gets a whole lot of new problems. Still have fast majority in sound, proven, thoroughly vetted coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FreeJack2k2

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:44:37 PM

I love how people say Litecoin has a "lack of innovation" and then in the same breath would hail Bitcoin for its innovation. They deride Litecoin for not being accepted very many places, where a year ago Bitcoin could barely be spent anywhere, either.

Are gimmicks what we really want in a coin? Or do we want security, liquidity, adoption and dependability? Because the market is FLOODED with gimmicks that only end up serving as a story for pumpers & dumpers to sell people on, jacking up the price until it gets annihilated by the whales who pumped it. All you need is a good story. Auroracoin had a good story and it attracted the idealists in droves. People were claiming it was going to overtake Bitcoin, when it temporarily exceeded Litecoin's market cap. Then it got slapped into the dirt...as predicted. Right now, the new "story" coin is Darkcoin. Unfortunately, its innovation is something that will prevent it from ever seeing widespread adoption and the fact is, the segment of the population it SHOULD attract - the TOR underground - has no interest in it. So the support is not there for its current price; hence, it's a pump waiting to be dumped.

Litecoin, right now, is almost exactly where Bitcoin was at the beginning of 2013 when the first ASIC hardware started shipping for it. It was at about $14 to start 2013. The only real difference is, Litecoin isn't being used to conduct black market business on TOR. But the fact that we're about to see hundreds of millions of dollars poured into dedicated ASIC hardware infrastructure for Litecoin tells me that it isn't "dying a slow death," but has been given a substantial vote of confidence...one which can potentially attract the kind of attention to it in terms of business development and venture capital in 2015 and beyond, that Bitcoin has begun enjoying this year.

All other digital currencies are fighting for table scraps, right now...and it's going to take more than just gimmicks to change that.

Honestly, haven't we seen Bitcoin declared dead enough times to know better than to do this with Litecoin? Don't be distracted by the fact that there are 200+ altcoins out there scrambling for attention...it hasn't changed Litecoin's position in the market, at all.

Sometimes I think people mistakenly judge a coin's success by how vocal or active the social media "communities" in support of them are...and that's a fallacy. Personally, I care where the money is going...and the money is going into Litecoin, right now.

As ever, for me, the motivation to be in Litecoin 50/50 with Bitcoin is simple...Charles Lee and Warren Togami are public figures who aren't sitting on a million inactive coin that they could potentially demolish the market with on a whim. Nobody really knows who Satoshi is, but he's an eccentric recluse who's got a million Bitcoin to his name and if he decided to end his experiment, he easily could destroy every bit of confidence anyone has in Bitcoin by dumping it all at once. This, to me, is Bitcoin's biggest weakness.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:54:32 PM

Can't afford tesla.  Only place near me taking BTC are tattoo parlours and cannabis shops.

Still very early in cryptos..  only $10 billion versus dot.com which was $7 trillion years ago.  LTC or any alt could replace BTC with ease.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:56:52 PM

I love how people say Litecoin has a "lack of innovation" and then in the same breath would hail Bitcoin for its innovation.

I'm not entirely sure people are saying that. Bitcoin has its spot due to being first... if it came out today, I expect it'd get passed over for a lack of innovation.

As for widespread adoption, again, multi coin processors probably will handle that in the end. Which means it's a level playing field for all popular coins. And if we all had to be perfectly honest here, one of the reasons btc rose like it did was due to somewhat shady transactions, so I wouldn't rule out anon coins based on that fact alone.

As for the idea that ltc is safer than btc, due to the risk of a dump -- I'd argue that if btc crashes due to Satoshi dumping, that he takes everyone with him. That means ltc, alts, crypto in general. If btc dies, ltc and friends go too. Consumer confidence in cryptos would be gone forever.
FreeJack2k2

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:07:55 PM

As for the idea that ltc is safer than btc, due to the risk of a dump -- I'd argue that if btc crashes due to Satoshi dumping, that he takes everyone with him. That means ltc, alts, crypto in general. If btc dies, ltc and friends go too. Consumer confidence in cryptos would be gone forever.

I'm not sure I buy that argument. Bitcoin has had many crossroads where consumer confidence was shaken in it and it recovered because people were made aware that it was not a weakness in the protocol or software, but something external. It might be crippling to Bitcoin to have Satoshi knock the price into the dirt by selling off his hoard, but I don't think it means the end of digital currency...it's a technology whose time has come. Just because the stock market has suffered numerous crashes and people have lost a lot of money in it, that hasn't stopped the stock market from continuing to march forward.

I just think anyone who is in crypto in a serious way needs to really look at the fact that Satoshi HAS such a hoard...and to me, Litecoin is the alternative.

As for multi-coin payment processors...the number of coins they accept will be limited by liquidity and almost no other cryptos have sufficient liquidity to support significant commerce.
poornamelessme

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:23:37 PM

I'm not sure I buy that argument. Bitcoin has had many crossroads where consumer confidence was shaken in it and it recovered because people were made aware that it was not a weakness in the protocol or software, but something external. It might be crippling to Bitcoin to have Satoshi knock the price into the dirt by selling off his hoard, but I don't think it means the end of digital currency...it's a technology whose time has come. Just because the stock market has suffered numerous crashes and people have lost a lot of money in it, that hasn't stopped the stock market from continuing to march forward.

I just think anyone who is in crypto in a serious way needs to really look at the fact that Satoshi HAS such a hoard...and to me, Litecoin is the alternative.

I think since bitcoin is the one crypto that the general public has heard of, if it falls apart in a dump, that there really won't be a safe haven in any crypto at all. For other cryptos to survive if btc dies, I think their overall acceptance will have to be much greater than it currently is. To the general public, they have heard of btc... and, umm.. .maybe that funny looking coin they saw in a nascar race.

But even I'm wrong here, and ltc would thrive if btc got dumped to smithereens, I wouldn't say that's a good reason to invest in ltc. That means you are placing a bet that btc will get knocked not only from the #1 spot, but get killed in a dump. Yeah, sure, it could happen ... but I wouldn't want to bet that it will happen.
poornamelessme

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:26:38 PM

As for multi-coin payment processors...the number of coins they accept will be limited by liquidity and almost no other cryptos have sufficient liquidity to support significant commerce.

You must have edited this in, or I missed it.

Popular coins probably can handle it. That gocoin thingy that supports ltc and gift card purchases, for instance, also accept dogecoin. And I believe they have nxt planned soon too.

So you are right in the sense that no, not every alt will be accepted. But it will be more than just ltc. It already is.
FreeJack2k2

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:35:15 PM

But even I'm wrong here, and ltc would thrive if btc got dumped to smithereens, I wouldn't say that's a good reason to invest in ltc. That means you are placing a bet that btc will get knocked not only from the #1 spot, but get killed in a dump. Yeah, sure, it could happen ... but I wouldn't want to bet that it will happen.

I'm not in Litecoin because I believe it has the potential to take over Bitcoin's spot...I still think that's wholly unlikely. However, I'm a BIG believer in choice, and not having only one point of failure.

I always liken it to the situation we have with the internet, today. We have protocols that drive the network that have forced developers to shoehorn things into it that perhaps it's not best suited to...streaming media would be a biggie. If we had started with multiple networks, one could have evolved to specialize in streaming media and now you would possibly have a much more efficient way of getting video/audio across the network, more bandwidth (or less required bandwidth) and who knows what else it may have opened up, to have an alternative. The point is, having a choice breeds innovation.

At the protocol level, Litecoin has some significant differences that may ultimately lend it to applications that Bitcoin doesn't. It is insulated from certain issues in the Bitcoin core development, because it is a separate team (although they work closely with the Bitcoin developers) and they have a different design philosophy, in many ways. Bitcoin is going to be under tremendous political pressure from developers and elsewhere to be this or that, whereas Litecoin has less pressure to accommodate. So no...nobody's going to convince me that it isn't a big positive that we have Litecoin around. Smiley
poornamelessme

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:43:27 PM

The point is, having a choice breeds innovation.

At the protocol level, Litecoin has some significant differences that may ultimately lend it to applications that Bitcoin doesn't. It is insulated from certain issues in the Bitcoin core development, because it is a separate team (although they work closely with the Bitcoin developers) and they have a different design philosophy, in many ways. Bitcoin is going to be under tremendous political pressure from developers and elsewhere to be this or that, whereas Litecoin has less pressure to accommodate. So no...nobody's going to convince me that it isn't a big positive that we have Litecoin around. Smiley

That is the one way I could see Litecoin being worthwhile; basically innovating off its differences with bitcoin. The problem is, I haven't seen any real innovation, nor plans for anything in the near future that makes me think litecoin should go up in value.

Of course it may, and perhaps there are things planned that are quite unique. But, again, it does appear to be more a 'stay the course' type of coin, even if that course has been leading downward. I wouldn't tell anyone to invest or not invest in any coin, but I simply don't see a reason for myself to invest in it.

mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:53:35 PM

lets understand marketing

infrastructure is the key for investors and businesses to adopt a coin

I run a business and as yet my customers do not understand crypto

If i was to offer them crypto i would select a coin that has a strong infrastructure and investors

btc and ltc both have enterprises supporting this, why is there asic machines on sale if the market was not there, why is there atm's being built if the markets not there

please provide me with another coin that has the infrastructure to support my customers cash exchange and a network that is very hard to fall down like other altcoins have after a few months

Grin
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:01:09 PM

I love how people say Litecoin has a "lack of innovation" and then in the same breath would hail Bitcoin for its innovation. They deride Litecoin for not being accepted very many places, where a year ago Bitcoin could barely be spent anywhere, either.

Are gimmicks what we really want in a coin? Or do we want security, liquidity, adoption and dependability? Because the market is FLOODED with gimmicks that only end up serving as a story for pumpers & dumpers to sell people on, jacking up the price until it gets annihilated by the whales who pumped it. All you need is a good story. Auroracoin had a good story and it attracted the idealists in droves. People were claiming it was going to overtake Bitcoin, when it temporarily exceeded Litecoin's market cap. Then it got slapped into the dirt...as predicted. Right now, the new "story" coin is Darkcoin. Unfortunately, its innovation is something that will prevent it from ever seeing widespread adoption and the fact is, the segment of the population it SHOULD attract - the TOR underground - has no interest in it. So the support is not there for its current price; hence, it's a pump waiting to be dumped.

Litecoin, right now, is almost exactly where Bitcoin was at the beginning of 2013 when the first ASIC hardware started shipping for it. It was at about $14 to start 2013. The only real difference is, Litecoin isn't being used to conduct black market business on TOR. But the fact that we're about to see hundreds of millions of dollars poured into dedicated ASIC hardware infrastructure for Litecoin tells me that it isn't "dying a slow death," but has been given a substantial vote of confidence...one which can potentially attract the kind of attention to it in terms of business development and venture capital in 2015 and beyond, that Bitcoin has begun enjoying this year.

All other digital currencies are fighting for table scraps, right now...and it's going to take more than just gimmicks to change that.

Honestly, haven't we seen Bitcoin declared dead enough times to know better than to do this with Litecoin? Don't be distracted by the fact that there are 200+ altcoins out there scrambling for attention...it hasn't changed Litecoin's position in the market, at all.

Sometimes I think people mistakenly judge a coin's success by how vocal or active the social media "communities" in support of them are...and that's a fallacy. Personally, I care where the money is going...and the money is going into Litecoin, right now.

As ever, for me, the motivation to be in Litecoin 50/50 with Bitcoin is simple...Charles Lee and Warren Togami are public figures who aren't sitting on a million inactive coin that they could potentially demolish the market with on a whim. Nobody really knows who Satoshi is, but he's an eccentric recluse who's got a million Bitcoin to his name and if he decided to end his experiment, he easily could destroy every bit of confidence anyone has in Bitcoin by dumping it all at once. This, to me, is Bitcoin's biggest weakness.

+1

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
FreeJack2k2

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:02:36 PM

That is the one way I could see Litecoin being worthwhile; basically innovating off its differences with bitcoin. The problem is, I haven't seen any real innovation, nor plans for anything in the near future that makes me think litecoin should go up in value.

Of course it may, and perhaps there are things planned that are quite unique. But, again, it does appear to be more a 'stay the course' type of coin, even if that course has been leading downward. I wouldn't tell anyone to invest or not invest in any coin, but I simply don't see a reason for myself to invest in it.

My feeling is that the real innovation will happen on a user interface level (not just wallets but also services), rather than at the protocol level...although some things may need flexibility with the protocol's core development and if its worth making significant changes at the protocol level, then you proceed accordingly. To that end, I still think that the Litecoin developers and platform are going to be able to remain a lot more flexible and amenable to this stuff than Bitcoin. I think as a result of so much weight being heaped upon Bitcoin, it's going to become pretty inflexible...and that opens up avenues for Litecoin to explore.
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:39:50 PM

lets understand marketing

infrastructure is the key for investors and businesses to adopt a coin

I run a business and as yet my customers do not understand crypto

If i was to offer them crypto i would select a coin that has a strong infrastructure and investors

btc and ltc both have enterprises supporting this, why is there asic machines on sale if the market was not there, why is there atm's being built if the markets not there

please provide me with another coin that has the infrastructure to support my customers cash exchange and a network that is very hard to fall down like other altcoins have after a few months

This is very true, relatively speaking, LTC is the only other ledger that is at least significantly secure, especially with ASICs (excluding the possible pool issues). Frankly, the security already established for Bitcoin and the growing security for Litecoin are going to be difficult to beat (and that's what it'll take to overtake either coin). It seems that people keep forgetting that the alternate crypto-currency scene is a fringe of an already fairly fringe scene; so what is great for them isn't going to necessarily be great for a majority of others.

It surprises me that so many people here think that an anon coin or a coin with a ton of nifty features is the bee's knees. Last time I checked, using those other protocols still requires a significant amount of technical knowledge or familiarity. Do we honestly think the majority of people would look for something like that as the alternative to bank-owned fiat? As I see it, the place for improvement is not in anon or new algorithms or nifty new features, but in ease of use and ready accessibility (such as in a improved GUI experience like someone had already mentioned).

However, infrastructure is significantly more limited than it is with BTC and a lot of other alts are quickly catching up. LTC still has a sizable edge, but that gap is closing rather than expanding.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:44:23 PM

I love how people say Litecoin has a "lack of innovation" and then in the same breath would hail Bitcoin for its innovation.

Are you kidding me? Bitcoin was the first crypto currency, it is innovation at its finest. Sure, money in itself is not innovative, but a decentralized psuedo anonymous currency was certainly innovative. They continue to improve upon Bitcoin and add new features, improving on the original innovation, which is why I would still call it innovative. My grudge with Litecoin is that they simply copy those features.

They deride Litecoin for not being accepted very many places, where a year ago Bitcoin could barely be spent anywhere, either.

I think Litecoin is actually accepted at a lot of places, but if it weren't number 2 on the market cap list, I don't think this would be true. Businesses go after where the money is, as they are in the business of making money.

There's a big difference in between gimmicks and innovation. I agree that most of the "innovative" alternative coins that have come out have been mainly gimmicky and only made small changes, however there are some truly innovative ones out there as well. I think to brush everything off as a gimmick is a mistake. I agree Auroracoin was somewhat of a gimmick, but it was also innovative in the fact that no one had distributed a crypto currency like that before. Just because something is innovative doesn't mean I would think it is a good investment, and that is usually in the case of the innovation(s) being a gimmick. I don't think anyone actually thought Aurora Coin would overtake Bitcoin. The most vocal supporters of the gimmicky pump and dump coins, are usually people trying to pump up the price so that they can dump them, and it is hardly a shared community sentiment.

There are many non nefarious reasons someone would want privacy. For example, the want to stop the NSA, CIA, and Corporations (etcetera) intercepting and studying our data. Pretty much everything from what we look at on the internet, where we go, what we do, what we like, what we don't like, and reading private communications. The list goes on and an and I think in this day and age (thanks Snowden) people are more aware of the need for privacy. The TOR underground is understanbly a bit comprehensive to start using new technologies.. who knows who developed them and what their purposes were for doing so. There could very well be a back door to the CIA, admittedly that is unlikely but when you're selling drugs would you really want to take chances like this? They will eventually move over to something more private and anonymous, but it is too early to make that transition.

Just because difficulty goes up it does not mean that price will follow, and the "all other digital currencies are fighting for table scraps" goes along with the "too big to fail" mantra that I don't believe applies to crypto coins- or anything for that matter.

It's mostly crazys and stupids that have called Bitcoin dead in the past. They don't understand that crypto currencies are a movement, and Bitcoin is at the forefront of this movement. It will likely stay there for some time. I don't think these people understand the network effect, something which is more applicable to Bitcoin than Litecoin. You can't kill movements, especially political, human rights, and religious ones.  I feel crypto currencies are a political and human rights movement wrapped into one in the form of currency.

The money WAS going into Litecoin. It has been on a steady decline for the past 6 months, the same amount of Litecoins today can only buy you half as many Bitcoins s they could 6 months ago. What you are seeing is the result of Litecoin being on top for so long and the natural choice to be the #2 crypto currency. That choice is not so clear cut anymore, and for some like me it is not even a hard decision.

Mark my words, Satoshi will never dump his coins. This is because for Satoshi, Bitcoin is more of a political and human rights movement in the form of a currency. Satoshi empowered this movement through the one thing most people care about most in this world- money. Bitcoin is just Satoshi's soap box.
FreeJack2k2

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:48:42 PM

However, infrastructure is significantly more limited than it is with BTC and a lot of other alts are quickly catching up. LTC still has a sizable edge, but that gap is closing rather than expanding.

Though in fairness, you write this as ASICs are just now starting to take over the network. We're going to have a much different looking picture at the end of 2014. When you look at Litecoin's network difficulty and hashrate, it dwarfs all other alts.

Litecoin's network will never have the hashrate or difficulty that Bitcoin does, because of Scrypt. That limits the amount of hashrate that can be squeezed out of ASIC hardware, relative to power consumption. But in relative terms, Litecoin's network over the next year will likely grow to become just as secure as Bitcoin's is, today...if the current momentum is any indication.

Bitcoin looked stagnant for a long, long time before ASICs hit it, and more attention started getting drawn to it. That attention came from the investment being made in its infrastructure. That vote of confidence was essentially what catapulted it into the consciousness of venture capitalists and investors. So the premise that Litecoin is somehow dying a slow death, while hundreds of millions are being poured into hardware infrastructure seems a tad premature, to me.
FreeJack2k2

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:04:02 PM

Are you kidding me? Bitcoin was the first crypto currency, it is innovation at its finest. Sure, money in itself is not innovative, but a decentralized psuedo anonymous currency was certainly innovative. They continue to improve upon Bitcoin and add new features, improving on the original innovation, which is why I would still call it innovative. My grudge with Litecoin is that they simply copy those features.

Are you not aware that a large amount of the improvements to Bitcoin actually COME FROM Litecoin's developers? Warren and Charles have been contributing to Bitcoin development for years. To say that Litecoin merely copies Bitcoin features is erroneous.

Just because difficulty goes up it does not mean that price will follow, and the "all other digital currencies are fighting for table scraps" goes along with the "too big to fail" mantra that I don't believe applies to crypto coins- or anything for that matter.

It isn't about difficulty. It's about investment. The smart money always follows the money...and the amount of money being poured into dedicated hardware for Litecoin infrastructure right now is very significant. There are a lot of reasons for it, from miners hoarding until it's profitable to increased media exposure attracted to growth, venture capital investments, etc...

As for your comment about Bitcoin's network effect...it is Litecoin's network effect that has kept it in the #2 spot for so long and nobody is even close to dethroning it. So you can't have your cake and eat it, too - Bitcoin has a network effect, true...but so does Litecoin.

The money WAS going into Litecoin. It has been on a steady decline for the past 6 months, the same amount of Litecoins today can only buy you half as many Bitcoins s they could 6 months ago. What you are seeing is the result of Litecoin being on top for so long and the natural choice to be the #2 crypto currency. That choice is not so clear cut anymore, and for some like me it is not even a hard decision.

The reason for the sharp decline in Litecoin's price relative to Bitcoin can be marked with a giant flashing neon arrow at the first couple weeks of May, when the Innosilicon A2 Terminator 80Mh/s systems started shipping. This gave a small group of miners an outsized share of the block rewards, due to the huge proportion of hashing power they added to the network. They proceeded to dump their coin (presumably in a mad dash toward ROI before competitors came on the scene) and miners, not always being the most educated on the dynamics of markets, were content to just keep dumping into weakness. This was combined with a strong rally in Bitcoin, which traditionally sees investment capital leave Litecoin into Bitcoin, to take advantage of the move up. Recently the ratio took a jump in Litecoin's favor when the rally petered out.

Once ASIC hardware takes over the network and it reaches a relative equilibrium of hashrate ownership close to what it had when it was GPU-driven, the dumping mentality should not be as pronounced. You are just failing to observe the reasons for the drop and you aren't seeing that the money that's being poured into Litecoin infrastructure (regardless of how much fiat capital is in it) is actually a giant vote of confidence, and people should be following that money.

Mark my words, Satoshi will never dump his coins. This is because for Satoshi, Bitcoin is more of a political and human rights movement in the form of a currency. Satoshi empowered this movement through the one thing most people care about most in this world- money. Bitcoin is just Satoshi's soap box.

I'm not convinced of that. Satoshi cut all ties and disappeared the instant that Gavin Andresen said he was meeting with the CIA about Bitcoin. He hasn't had a thing to do with it since, hasn't been an advocate of it, has not come out of hiding except to say that he is NOT Dorian Nakamoto. A guy like that, who takes such pains to ensure his privacy and who has divested himself of all relationships related to Bitcoin, doesn't strike me as particularly trustworthy. I'm not going to put my faith in the assurances of some random person who cannot possibly know Satoshi's mind or intentions.
rikkejohn

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:20:41 PM

It's all guesswork, but LTC doesn't look like its dying to me. Apart from it being priced at nearly $10, which was a dream not so long ago, it has a history of following BTC and dipping or rising against it in response to whatever is happening with BTC. It has been steady all the time, apart from one insane leap on BTC's tail.

Fact is, mining is not showing signs of slowing sown, the difficulty is going up, and I can't see why that when Scrypt Asics become popular, that people won't turn them on LTC causing the difficulty to increase comparative to the new hashing power.

Fair enough, t's not a "cutting edge" crypto these days, but neither is BTC. In fact, BTC is horrible to use. But I'm not betting against it losing its pole position.

BTC and LTC are King and Queen, and I can't see anything upsetting that situation at this point in time.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
rikkejohn

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:25:59 PM

Interesting read. Litecoin is actually the coin I first read about that got me interested in cryptos back in Jan (read some article somewhere on it). Before then, I had no idea that alt coins even existed and a very rudimentary knowledge of bitcoin. I thought I'd play around with this crypto stuff and maybe I could get a free litecoin out of it, just for fun.

I never bothered really going past that 1 ltc (and have since sold it) and now have a small chunk of btc instead. The problem I saw, and still see, is a lack of innovation and the fact that there really is no reason for the value of ltc to rise a whole lot anymore.

I think the OP touched on one really important fact, multi coin processors for purchases. They already exist, and I think they will become the standard if cryptos make any headway into being used as a currency by the general public at all. And that means there will be no difference between ltc, doge, nxt, or whatevercoin, when ConsumerX decides to use crypto to buy something.

The only coins then that could stand out a bit are those that have unique features (nxt flavors, ethereum, maidsafe, anon coins, etc). And I'm not saying any of them will even take the #2 spot, but that #2-#6 spot may end up being somewhat bunched up close to one another.

I agree, Litecoin has a severe lack of innovation and that will be it's undoing. It's not really accepted at much stores and it doesnt have widespread adoptance. Only a matter of time when Litecoin gets taken over.

Your opinion is worth nothing at all. You were the guy with the self-moderated thread in which you deleted every post that supported litecoin. It made you look very foolish.

And anyway, BTC is not widely adopted, so you have scored yet another own goal.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
darkota

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:26:58 PM

Interesting read. Litecoin is actually the coin I first read about that got me interested in cryptos back in Jan (read some article somewhere on it). Before then, I had no idea that alt coins even existed and a very rudimentary knowledge of bitcoin. I thought I'd play around with this crypto stuff and maybe I could get a free litecoin out of it, just for fun.

I never bothered really going past that 1 ltc (and have since sold it) and now have a small chunk of btc instead. The problem I saw, and still see, is a lack of innovation and the fact that there really is no reason for the value of ltc to rise a whole lot anymore.

I think the OP touched on one really important fact, multi coin processors for purchases. They already exist, and I think they will become the standard if cryptos make any headway into being used as a currency by the general public at all. And that means there will be no difference between ltc, doge, nxt, or whatevercoin, when ConsumerX decides to use crypto to buy something.

The only coins then that could stand out a bit are those that have unique features (nxt flavors, ethereum, maidsafe, anon coins, etc). And I'm not saying any of them will even take the #2 spot, but that #2-#6 spot may end up being somewhat bunched up close to one another.

I agree, Litecoin has a severe lack of innovation and that will be it's undoing. It's not really accepted at much stores and it doesnt have widespread adoptance. Only a matter of time when Litecoin gets taken over.

Your opinion is worth nothing at all. You were the guy with the self-moderated thread in which you deleted every post that supported litecoin. It made you look very foolish.

And anyway, BTC is not widely adopted, so you have scored yet another own goal.

BTC is accpeted at over 50,000 stores as well as MAJOR brands like Expedia, Overstock, Tigerdirect, etc etc.

Litecoin is accepted as none of those stores....and is just another shit alt coin.
gutshot

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:36:13 PM

BTC is accpeted at over 50,000 stores as well as MAJOR brands like Expedia, Overstock, Tigerdirect, etc etc.

Litecoin is accepted as none of those stores....and is just another shit alt coin.

a 287 million dollar shit coin - Good one! Some comedians round these parts....
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: