Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:17:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin Is NOT Dead (It Is Just Dying A Slow Death)  (Read 28282 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:32:48 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 03:49:25 AM by smoothie

blah blah blah

Keep skating around the issue at hand. The more you do, the more people will realize that I am right and you are wrong.

LOL it isn't even about being right or wrong. It is about calling bullshit of yours out.

I will repost this here for you since you are the one skating around the issue at hand which what you claimed in this thread:

LOL you are too funny.

Yes you are so spot on that you didn't follow through on your own calls otherwise you would have been the SMART money?

Anyone can claim "I made a prediction and see I am right." but not actually following through to back up your "spot on" calls by taking on risk.

Risk brings a whole other world/dimension into predictions.

Nice try but your claims about smart money are nothing but bullshit.
 Tongue

THE ISSUE:

I see value in some other alternative coins, and I even think some of them have a large chance to overtake Litecoin as people slowly realize that Litecoin is just one big marketing campaign. If your investment strategy is to look at coinmarketcap and choose the coins with the biggest market cap, then I don't feel like that is a smart investment. According to you, this is how "smart money" operates. However, I think the "even smarter money" does extensive research on all coins that are available and the ones in development, and then comes to a proper decision as to what they will put their money in. After doing this myself I have come to the conclusion that "smart money" isn't actually so smart afterall.

Then you said:

This post is illogical, seeing as though my choices for cryptocoins have been spot on so far. As I have said, I made some poor life and business decisions, but my decisions as to what cryptos are going to go up or down in value is not one of those. As you say, only time will tell, however if you actually read my arguments then you will see I have a point. If you don't think I have a point, then tell me how I am wrong. The fact that you aren't doing this already makes me realize that you do understand I have a point. Your childish ranting is no better than the illogical trolls you speak of.

It is easy to claim "I was right" yet have no substance to actually back up your claims aside from you made a correct prediction. Making predictions with no risk doesn't put you in a place to claim the smart money isn't so smart as you had nothing on the line.

If you did really believe in your predictions you would have gone all in at some point to show you truly believed in your predictions. But you didn't, did you?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:47:12 AM

Coinhoarder ^  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:49:31 AM

blah blah blah

Keep skating around the issue at hand. The more you do, the more people will realize that I am right and you are wrong.

LOL it isn't even about being right or wrong. It is about calling bullshit of yours out.

I will repost this here for you since you are the one skating around the issue at hand which is a part of your OP:

LOL you are too funny.

Yes you are so spot on that you didn't follow through on your own calls otherwise you would have been the SMART money?

Anyone can claim "I made a prediction and see I am right." but not actually following through to back up your "spot on" calls by taking on risk.

Tongue

Smoothie, you do not know the full story, as you do not know me and you are not my friend. Enough of my private matters are already made public on these forums, and I do not wish to go into detail any further about this. All it will do is give you another avenue of insulting me. I have been honest enough with you and the community here, and I doubt many people will be as honest as I have been about my personal life. If I had money to back up my opinion, then I certainly would... I'm not scared.

You yourself just said you bought Litecoin at $0.005 each... I mean, who do you think you are kidding? You are obviously sitting on a fat wallet and have much more to lose than the common folk. It is not surprising to me you adamantly defend Litecoin. However, the problem is the way in which you do so is more based on insulting the people whose opinion is different than yours instead of trying to point out how they are wrong. It is childish and doesn't prove a point. I have been very thorough and detailed about my arguments in this thread. All you can appear to come up with is insults. Although people are keeping their mouth shut because they don't want to get in the middle of this, I am certain that people can see you for who you really are, and realize you have an agenda versus me. I am hear to speak about my honest opinion about Litecoin, and you are here to insult me.

So again Smoothie for the 100th time, if you want to talk about Litecoin and why it's not dying, then lets do it. Insulting me does not prove your point.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:51:15 AM

A year ago a Litecoin was worth about $ 2.50 its about $ 9.50 today, yep its a slow death

A lot has happened in a year. Wink
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:53:18 AM

A year ago a Litecoin was worth about $ 2.50 its about $ 9.50 today, yep its a slow death

Yup LTC has crashed...upwards in the slow death like fashion.  Tongue

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:56:11 AM

blah blah blah

I will repost this here for you since you are the one skating around the issue at hand which is a part of your OP:

LOL you are too funny.

Tongue

Smoothie, you do not know the full story, as you do not know me and you are not my friend. Enough of my private matters are already made public on these forums, and I do not wish to go into detail any further about this. All it will do is give you another avenue of insulting me. I have been honest enough with you and the community here, and I doubt many people will be as honest as I have been about my personal life. If I had money to back up my opinion, then I certainly would... I'm not scared.

You yourself just said you bought Litecoin at $0.005 each... I mean, who do you think you are kidding? You are obviously sitting on a fat wallet and have much more to lose than the common folk. It is not surprising to me you adamantly defend Litecoin. However, the problem is the way in which you do so is more based on insulting the people whose opinion is different than yours instead of trying to point out how they are wrong. It is childish and doesn't prove a point. I have been very thorough and detailed about my arguments in this thread. All you can appear to come up with is insults. Although people are keeping their mouth shut because they don't want to get in the middle of this, I am certain that people can see you for who you really are, and realize you have an agenda versus me. I am hear to speak about my honest opinion about Litecoin, and you are here to insult me.

So again Smoothie for the 100th time, if you want to talk about Litecoin and why it's not dying, then lets do it. Insulting me does not prove your point.

Yes we been over this, insulting you is telling you the hard truth that you perceive as insulting. But not necessarily was it meant that way, merely pointing out more bullshit of yours.

I've already address your 100th time comment.

Define "dying" lol...which you haven't done yet.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:58:06 AM

Well Smoothie, it is clear to me (and everyone else) that you have nothing intelligible to contribute to this discussion.

You are living in the past, Litecoin hasn't been doing so hot the past 6 months. 0.03 -> 0.016
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:01:51 AM

Litecoin to the moon and I'll be buying a few hundred more tonight!
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:02:36 AM

Yes we been over this, insulting you is telling you the hard truth that you perceive as insulting. But not necessarily was it meant that way, merely pointing out more bullshit of yours.

Actually, I have. I told you to use the word irrelevant instead of dying. You are just picking at my words.

Smoothie, you don't know the truth because I haven't told you. I know how you are trying to ruin me, so I'd rather not give you more ammunition.

You are just mad that I have a point in my arguments against Litecoin.  Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

See, I can use smileys too in a trollish nature.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:02:45 AM

Smoothie's cumulative definition of the word "dying" in reference to LTC:

Less people are talking about litecoin than 2 years ago.

Merchants are moving away from accepting it.

An extended period of time has passed (~2 years) without anything new happening in the community/news/merchants/development/price.

Less people are using Litecoin than two years ago.

Less miners are mining Litecoin than two years ago.

....I can probably come up with more but I'll stop there.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:05:07 AM

An extended period of time has passed (~2 years) without anything new happening in the community/news/merchants/development/price.

Again, you are living in the past. Litecoin only very recently started dying in my opinion, I even gave it a 1 to 2 year lifespan. Things change, people change, cryptos change.

Litecoin is so boring now, and you are in denial.
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1654
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:07:49 AM

I haven't had time to read this whole thread yet. I did skim the first post and would like to quickly address some points.

CoinHoarder, I'm sorry that you felt that I somehow had something against you. There's no club that you aren't part of. Likely, the reason was that since I supported you in person, I didn't see the need to post a reply to your thread. When you decided to stop doing your coin, I think I posted saying that's unfortunate. I don't check the litecoin forum as much as I should, so I must have missed your other posts. Coinographic's post caught my eyes recently, so that's why I posted. I'm not more excited about his coin than smoothie's coin or your coin. In the end, people shouldn't care whether or not they get my support or not. This is a community after all.

As for me not appearing that much for a while, I was busy with real life. I had Greedy help me with a lot of stuff. Turned out, that trust was not well placed. So I had to come back and be more active and try to clean up the mess. And this too should not matter that much. Do you judge Litecoin based on whether or not I'm still active? How about Satoshi and Bitcoin?

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:18:52 AM

I haven't had time to read this whole thread yet. I did skim the first post and would like to quickly address some points.

CoinHoarder, I'm sorry that you felt that I somehow had something against you. There's no club that you aren't part of. Likely, the reason was that since I supported you in person, I didn't see the need to post a reply to your thread. When you decided to stop doing your coin, I think I posted saying that's unfortunate. I don't check the litecoin forum as much as I should, so I must have missed your other posts. Coinographic's post caught my eyes recently, so that's why I posted. I'm not more excited about his coin than smoothie's coin or your coin. In the end, people shouldn't care whether or not they get my support or not. This is a community after all.

As for me not appearing that much for a while, I was busy with real life. I had Greedy help me with a lot of stuff. Turned out, that trust was not well placed. So I had to come back and be more active and try to clean up the mess. And this too should not matter that much. Do you judge Litecoin based on whether or not I'm still active? How about Satoshi and Bitcoin?

I'm glad you showed up Coblee, you are much more level headed than Smoothie can ever wish to be. Honestly, most of this thread has been Smoothie and I insulting each other. To learn more about my thought process on Litecoin, I direct you to the OP which you seem to have already read and the following posts:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=662058.msg7476982#msg7476982
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=662058.msg7477592#msg7477592
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=662058.msg7498464#msg7498464

Thanks for explaining your side of the story, and I have no reason to believe that is not true as you have always been straightforward with everyone. However, that was only a small factor in my reasoning. I would love to hear what you have to say about some of the issues I brought up in the OP and in the above posts. Smoothie is just ignoring those posts and insulting me, and I have a feeling that you can take constructive criticism like a man, which is basically what this thread is meant to be.
TheMage

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:25:32 AM

Hi again CH,

I saw your reply to mine, i'm sorry i havent addressed it yet. I'm a little tired/drunk at the moment so ill read it and reply either tomorrow or the next day Smiley. I skipped a lot of you and smoothie back and fourth (I'm sure you two can understand haha). Depending on how bored I am tomorrow, I might even go and read yours two back and fourth lol.

Hi Coblee, you owe me an answer btw (you should know what I mean lol).  Wink

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:29:04 AM

Hi again CH,

I saw your reply to mine, i'm sorry i havent addressed it yet. I'm a little tired/drunk at the moment so ill read it and reply either tomorrow or the next day Smiley. I skipped a lot of you and smoothie back and fourth (I'm sure you two can understand haha). Depending on how bored I am tomorrow, I might even go and read yours two back and fourth lol.

Hi Coblee, you owe me an answer btw (you should know what I mean lol).  Wink

No problem, I understand I have been pretty long winded and there is a lot of go over and respond to. I'm not expecting a response from you or Coblee tonight for that reason. I am nonetheless interested in what you guys have to say, so I do hope that you guys will respond eventually.

Cheers
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:04:27 AM

Actually, I have. I told you to use the word irrelevant instead of dying. You are just picking at my words.

Smoothie, you don't know the truth because I haven't told you. I know how you are trying to ruin me, so I'd rather not give you more ammunition.

You are just mad that I have a point in my arguments against Litecoin.  Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

See, I can use smileys too in a trollish nature.

You already ruined your own rep. You don't need me to do that for you.

The word "irrelevant" is not a definition. It is the same as a synonym (in usage).

I asked for a definition of the word "dying".

There is a difference.

lol yes you can try to mock me and "troll". Nice fail.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:06:02 AM

Again, you are living in the past. Litecoin only very recently started dying in my opinion, I even gave it a 1 to 2 year lifespan. Things change, people change, cryptos change.

Litecoin is so boring now, and you are in denial.

Which you have not defined still.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:07:46 AM

Glad you decided to show up.

Smiley

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:09:20 AM

I'm glad you showed up Coblee, you are much more level headed than Smoothie can ever wish to be. Honestly, most of this thread has been Smoothie and I insulting each other. To learn more about my thought process on Litecoin, I direct you to the OP which you seem to have already read and the following posts:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=662058.msg7476982#msg7476982
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=662058.msg7477592#msg7477592
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=662058.msg7498464#msg7498464

Thanks for explaining your side of the story, and I have no reason to believe that is not true as you have always been straightforward with everyone. However, that was only a small factor in my reasoning. I would love to hear what you have to say about some of the issues I brought up in the OP and in the above posts. Smoothie is just ignoring those posts and insulting me, and I have a feeling that you can take constructive criticism like a man, which is basically what this thread is meant to be.

lol I was "insulting" you per your words.

I see it differently. To me it is calling your BS out.

This thread is full of Coinhoarder attempting to convince people he knows what he is talking about but has huge holes in his own credibility of his claims...especially about the part about smart money not being that smart...not to mention all of the whining about Coblee ignoring him etc etc etc.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:12:39 AM

You're just repeatedly picking at my words Smoothie. There is literally nothing I can say to you that you won't have some sort of trollish or mean spirited response for, so I am over it.

You're going back on ignore, I will continue this conversation with the more level headed Litecoin community members such as Coblee and TheMage.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: