Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:25:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin Is NOT Dead (It Is Just Dying A Slow Death)  (Read 28282 times)
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:36:22 PM

what happened to you CoinHoarder why did you become such a troll ?

El Dude biggest Litecoin retard and a shill been shilling on Bitcointalk for so long for people to buy Litecoin. Guess what all those have lost money big time. And this guy has the guts to talk shit on other coins while promoting the biggest pump and dump in Crypto history. I guess what goes around comes back around  Cheesy
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 08:29:04 PM

El ~its going to 100!!!1~ Dude.

; ) truth is i can't help but like the guy hes a pretty good troller and i think LTC has a future.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:09:08 PM

truth is Litecoin's volumes destroys Quarks lol

Litecoin 24 hour volume $ 3,790,013   
Quark 24 hour volume $ 9,381   

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
favelle75

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:28:56 PM

Could the volume be low simply because people don't want to sell at these prices?

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
Baitty

Activity: 532

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:38:51 PM

Could the volume be low simply because people don't want to sell at these prices?

Possible but I dont think thats the reason.

Currently held as collateral by monbux
reRaise

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:40:00 PM

Yeah Litecoins volume has been high because people have been selling for ages lol
El Dude

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:40:38 PM

Yeah Litecoins volume has been high because people have been selling for ages lol

for every seller theres a buyer

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
reRaise

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:52:08 PM

for every seller theres a buyer

There have been more selling pressure than buys. Lots of Litecoins have been put up for sell making the volume go up. There is nothing to be proud of high volume when the price is going down for months.
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:42:10 PM

for every seller theres a bagholder

FIFY Wink
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:10:13 PM

what happened to you CoinHoarder why did you become such a troll ?

I'm trying to have an earnest debate. The definition of trolling should not be anyone that has a difference of opinion and speaks it..

Not necessarily, but it is evidence that people are cashing out of Litecoin and see the problems with it that I see.

Good thing we aren't measuring Bitcoin's success that way (relative to the dollar), it's still almost 50% off its high in November...yet I see a LOT of reasons to be bullish on Bitcoin.

The difference is Bitcoin is rebounding and Litecoin is not. These are the USD charts for each the past 3 months:

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=3-months&resolution=day&pair=btc-usd&market=btc-e
http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=3-months&resolution=day&pair=ltc-usd&market=btc-e

This must be a coincidence?

There are obvious and well-documented reasons for the drop relative to Bitcoin that have nothing to do with sentiment.

And those "obvious" reasons are what? Huh

I believe this has everything to do with sentiment, that is how prices of crypto currencies are established, supply and demand. The demand has gone down over the past 6 months and you can't deny it as the supply stays the same.. that is the point of difficulty.

Anyways, if you aren't happy with me using BTC/LTC charts.. the USD/LTC chart looks pretty much the same:
http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=6-months&resolution=day&pair=ltc-usd&market=btc-e

The newsmedia declared Bitcoin dead numerous times in 2013 based on price. They were wrong, too.

The reason why I believe Litecoin is no longer a good investment is not because the price has gone down, it is because of the arguments I've discussed in this thread. The price is just a good indicator that there are others that agree with me.

Also, the difference there is that the news media mostly has no idea what they're talking about, and I have studied crypto currencies hours (sometimes days) at a time for about 2 years now.
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:12:19 PM

At the rate it's dropping, you may just have to remove the word slow from the title.
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:13:50 PM

Have fun with the poll, guys Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=673552.0
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 11:23:16 PM

this.

and ouch El Dudeo.

I think LTC can go far far lower and at that time i'll be buying, because i think they will/can pull though,(probably)

i would be buying the "brand" similar to the "Quark Brand", then trying to get them to listen to the wider community to dev that brand, i.e do the things that need to be done like maybe break ASICS? etc.

the brand is too good to just throw, and i like the name - but maybe change it to "Light" much better visual (literally)

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
FreeJack2k2

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:25:46 PM

I believe this has everything to do with sentiment, that is how prices of crypto currencies are established, supply and demand. The demand has gone down over the past 6 months and you can't deny it as the supply stays the same.. that is the point of difficulty.

Supply hasn't stayed the same (supply released into circulation). You currently have over 30% of the entire network hashrate accounted for by just FIVE wallet addresses (solo miners). Over on Coinotron there are two miners with over 6 GH/s in hashrate each, and the next two on the list each have over 3 GH/s.

That has concentrated an abnormally gigantic amount of the block rewards into a very few hands and they are all making a mad dash toward ROI, before the even larger hardware starts shipping this month and next, reducing their percentage of the network to a fraction of what it is today.

But it is an abnormal condition for so few miners to have so much of the new coin production...and it won't remain the case as the network is taken over by ASICs and the hashrate redistributes to something approximating normal. The only other coin to have ever gone through this transition is Bitcoin...and it did it at a time when there were a LOT fewer eyes on it and a whole hell of a lot less money involved.

Realistically, no other coin in existence could hold up under these conditions...but Litecoin has not failed. It has lost some ground in price denominated in dollars, but not nearly as much as one would expect, considering the rampant dumping.
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 11:30:12 PM

Supply hasn't stayed the same (supply released into circulation). You currently have over 30% of the entire network hashrate accounted for by just FIVE wallet addresses (solo miners). Over on Coinotron there are two miners with over 6 GH/s in hashrate each, and the next two on the list each have over 3 GH/s.

That has concentrated an abnormally gigantic amount of the block rewards into a very few hands and they are all making a mad dash toward ROI, before the even larger hardware starts shipping this month and next, reducing their percentage of the network to a fraction of what it is today.

But it is an abnormal condition for so few miners to have so much of the new coin production...and it won't remain the case as the network is taken over by ASICs and the hashrate redistributes to something approximating normal. The only other coin to have ever gone through this transition is Bitcoin...and it did it at a time when there were a LOT fewer eyes on it and a whole hell of a lot less money involved.

Realistically, no other coin in existence could hold up under these conditions...but Litecoin has not failed. It has lost some ground in price denominated in dollars, but not nearly as much as one would expect, considering the rampant dumping.

whooh wait a minute i didn't know that , maybe i will have to review that previous statement. that is an appalling concentration, say what you want about Quark pools but with SOLO miners,  what?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:11:24 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2014, 01:28:03 AM by CoinHoarder

Supply hasn't stayed the same.

You currently have over 30% of the entire network hashrate accounted for by just FIVE wallet addresses (solo miners). Over on Coinotron there are two miners with over 6 GH/s in hashrate each, and the next two on the list each have over 3 GH/s.

Supply stays more or less the same no matter who has control of the hash power or how many hashes they throw at it. That is the whole purpose of adjusting difficulty. To debate this point is dumb, just go look at the block frequency chart: http://cryptometer.org/litecoin_60_month_charts.html

What you mean to say is that the supply is more centralized towards big players with deep pockets and/or hardware manufacturers than it used to be. Wink

You don't like me making inferences, so why are you allowed to make them? Do you know these large miners personally? How can you be sure it is them that are selling Litecoins and not someone that already owned Litecoins who has recently changed their mind about it?

But it is an abnormal condition for so few miners to have so much of the new coin production...and it won't remain the case as the network is taken over by ASICs and the hashrate redistributes to something approximating normal.
We'll agree to disagree on that one, ASICs brings centralization. Why would people buy mining equipment if it won't break even due to people with deep pockets and/or the mark up from mining hardware manufacturers? The idea that it's going to magically fix itself over time doesn't make sense to me. If it doesn't make sense to buy mining hardware (in terms of profit), then what is the point? There are very few people that mine just "to protect the network".

This isn't even as centralized as I am expecting Bitcoin/Litecoin to become. It will get much worse as old money, old money crypto, bankers, and VCs go full throttle on the mining landscape. Due to economies of scale, massive institutions with deep pockets can make a lot of mining hardware much cheaper than what the average miner can buy them for at retail prices.

The only other coin to have ever gone through this transition is Bitcoin...and it did it at a time when there were a LOT fewer eyes on it and a whole hell of a lot less money involved.
That is not true. Litecoin is at about a $252 million market cap right now.. I wouldn't exactly say that's "a whole hell of a lot less money" compared to Bitcoin's Feb 2013 market cap of $228 million. Look at February 2013 forward: http://www.quandl.com/BCHAIN/MKTCP-Bitcoin-Market-Capitalization

The arrival of Bitcoin ASICs also made it more centralized, but they did not see a similar dip in price. Go from February 2013 forward: http://www.quandl.com/BAVERAGE/USD-USD-BITCOIN-Weighted-Price

I agree that there are more people around now than in Feb. 2013, but I'm not sure how this makes a difference in the topic at hand. More people are around to buy Litecoin and Litecoin mining hardware, yet the price is falling and the network is becoming more centralized. How does that support your argument?

It has also lost some ground denominated in Bitcoins. You are also making an assumption that no other coin could hold up, as it hasn't happened yet so know one knows what would happen. Again you assume all the dumping is ASIC miners... I think I heard Smoothie himself say he didn't currently have a stake in Litecoin... this is another large assumption as well that it is only ASIC miners dumping. I think personally it is both ASIC miners dumping and market sentiment is shifting. I'd like to state again, Bitcoin's price didn't slip when their ASICs came out, why should Litecoin be given a free pass as to this being the reason for the price falling?
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 12:13:22 AM

LTC to Gox ?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:27:29 AM

Is Litecoin in free fall right now?  Huh

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:34:58 AM

LTC to Gox ?

Yes... when will that be happening?

Cheesy
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:35:57 AM

Is Litecoin in free fall right now?  Huh

Nope, but someone did sell about 200k ltc on btc-e a few minutes ago. That was one costly error.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: