Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:08:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bytecoin [BCN] vs MONERO [XMR] who will be the winner in the Cryptonote War  (Read 15697 times)
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:03:21 PM

Fast? Hilarious. I'll check back in a year, and I doubt that it'll be ready for prime time even then. You are the one who is misinformed if you think Monero is even close to being even usable.

Interesting.

I have moved lots of Monero around and run into no issues at all.

I see, you're not misinformed, you're the one trying to misinform. I will remember you as a liar.

Who cares if you can use it? I'm assuming that you have extensive cryptocurrency knowledge. If your coin can't be used by a moron, how do you expect it to go mainstream?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
darkota

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:03:59 PM

Fast? Hilarious. I'll check back in a year, and I doubt that it'll be ready for prime time even then. You are the one who is misinformed if you think Monero is even close to being even usable.

Interesting.

I see, you're not misinformed, you're the one trying to misinform. I will remember you as a liar.

Who cares if you can use it? I'm assuming that you have cryptocurrency knowledge. If your coin can't be used by a moron, how do you expect it to go mainstream?

Incase you didnt know, Monero, Boolberry, Bytecoin, they all have GUI wallets. Maybe you should go and use them instead of making up lies.

Darkcoin "fanboys" should never try to hate on other coins, cause the amount of deceit Darkcoin has gone through, is unbelievable. Darkcoin's own devs freaking instamined their coin 50%...
Brilliantrocket

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:05:17 PM

Darkcoin FUD:

I already explained to you in another thread that masternodes will be trustless through encrypted data. Darkcoin made serious improvements to Coinjoin, Gmaxwell's comments refer to the old version. Point number 4 is abject bullshit because there are already users of Darkcoin who are not criminals. Also I'm glad if the devs have alot of Darkcoin. I wouldn't support the project if they didn't.

The coinjoin concept is trustless by default. How does encrypting data make a difference? You seriously have no idea what you are talking about.
If the data is unencrypted, and an entity owned a large number of nodes, they may be able to unmask a small % of transactions. Encryption solves this issue.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:05:28 PM

Interesting.

Who cares if you can use it? I'm assuming that you have extensive cryptocurrency knowledge. If your coin can't be used by a moron, how do you expect it to go mainstream?

Bitcoin can't be used by a moron at the moment. You need a reality check.
Brilliantrocket

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:08:19 PM

Interesting.

Who cares if you can use it? I'm assuming that you have cryptocurrency knowledge. If your coin can't be used by a moron, how do you expect it to go mainstream?

Incase you didnt know, Monero, Boolberry, Bytecoin, they all have GUI wallets. Maybe you should go and use them instead of making up lies.

Darkcoin "fanboys" should never try to hate on other coins, cause the amount of deceit Darkcoin has gone through, is unbelievable. Darkcoin's own devs freaking instamined their coin 50%...
Just saunter on over to the respective threads of each of those coins and watch the incessant barrage of crippling issues that people deal with on a daily basis. It makes for good comedy.
Brilliantrocket

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:09:26 PM

Interesting.

Considering that I've taught people that are computer illiterate how to use Bitcoin, I'd disagree.
darkota

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:09:59 PM

Interesting.

Just saunter on over to the respective threads of each of those coins and watch the incessant barrage of crippling issues that people deal with on a daily basis. It makes for good comedy.

Hmm, I recall that Darkcoin forked multiple times when it first tried going into RC3, then it tried a second time...and Failed again.

You shouldn't be talking about issues Lmfao.
Brilliantrocket

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:11:49 PM

Interesting.

Hmm, I recall that Darkcoin forked multiple times when it first tried going into RC3, then it tried a second time...and Failed again.

The fork caused issues for a few hours. Your coin(s) are an issue unto themselves. It will take months and months of development effort to bring them to something that can be considered a beta.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:13:24 PM

Darkcoin FUD:

I already explained to you in another thread that masternodes will be trustless through encrypted data. Darkcoin made serious improvements to Coinjoin, Gmaxwell's comments refer to the old version. Point number 4 is abject bullshit because there are already users of Darkcoin who are not criminals. Also I'm glad if the devs have alot of Darkcoin. I wouldn't support the project if they didn't.

The coinjoin concept is trustless by default. How does encrypting data make a difference? You seriously have no idea what you are talking about.
If the data is unencrypted, and an entity owned a large number of nodes, they may be able to unmask a small % of transactions. Encryption solves this issue.

It doesn't, because if you own a large number of nodes, you can map out the in's and out's of all your nodes and build up a reasonable graph of connections between your own nodes. The fact that it is encrypted makes no difference.

I have been reading the Darkcoin forums, and I see this exchange over and over again:

"It doesn't matter if someone owns a large amount of masternodes, anonymity is already good anyway"

"STFU, once we get the masternodes having no idea what they are transacting it'll be ok"

I am paraphrasing here, but the Darkcoin followers are not asking real technical questions, no one is running models of the masternode network or offering mathematical reasoning behind their fantasy.

A fool and their money are soon parted...

The amount of ownership of the masternode network is of the highest importance, and the technology behind making the masternodes have no idea what they are transacting may not even be possible.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:14:38 PM

Interesting.

Considering that I've taught people that are computer illiterate how to use Bitcoin, I'd disagree.

Show me the people you have taught to use Bitcoin, and I will teach them to use Monero.

Monero might even be easier, as you don't have to deal with more than one receiving address.
darkota

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:15:08 PM

Interesting.

The fork caused issues for a few hours. Your coin(s) are an issue unto themselves.

So far, Monero and Boolberry's bloating problem has been solved, through eliminating dust from the pools. That was the main issue.

Darkcoin's issue, is the 50% instamine, the centralization of Masternodes through one entity in the future, and the name Darkcoin, which is and will always be affiliated with Dark activities.

There's also how Darkcoin anonymity is a joke compared to others, because it uses coinjoin. and Much more, It's kind of funny, that you resort to lying BrilliantRocket to protect your asset, Darkcoin.
Brilliantrocket

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:19:36 PM

Interesting.

The fork caused issues for a few hours. Your coin(s) are an issue unto themselves.

So far, Monero and Boolberry's bloating problem has been solved, through eliminating dust from the pools. That was the main issue.

Darkcoin's issue, is the 50% instamine, the centralization of Masternodes through one entity in the future, and the name Darkcoin, which is and will always be affiliated with Dark activities.

There's also how Darkcoin anonymity is a joke compared to others, because it uses coinjoin. and Much more, It's kind of funny, that you resort to lying BrilliantRocket to protect your asset, Darkcoin.
You are the one who is lying if you can't admit that CN denomination causes massive bloat.
darkota

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:23:47 PM

Interesting.

You are the one who is lying if you can't admit that CN denomination causes massive bloat.

Did I deny that? Oh yea you're just lying again.

It provides anonymity, but for ex: Monero's blockchain is only 2x bitcoins right now, and it provides the highest level of anonymity for a cryptocoin atm.

It's funny how you keep going back to "blockchain bloat" as if that's a factor is a game-killer.

What is a game-killer, is Darkcoin's 50% instamine by it's own development team, it's trivial coinjoin based anonymity, it's easy to centralize- Masternode system, which detracts from the miners, since owners get 20% of mine coins from blocks, as well as it's name Darkcoin which will always be affiliated with illegal activities.

That's a nice coin you fanboy over. (sarcasm)
Brilliantrocket

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:23:49 PM

Drawingthesun, so through massive collusion there may be a chance of unmasking transactions. The reality is that you're naive to think CN would hide you from such an entity. They already have backdoors in your hardware/firmware, so isn't it a moot point? If they were really willing to put in the effort to deanonymize certain transactions, you can rest assured that no perfect solution exists. Darkcoin affords a high degree of privacy, which is sufficient for the majority of people looking for "anonymous" transactions.
darkota

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:25:41 PM

The point of this is, Darkcoin fanboys Cannot argue against other coins, they're own coin has the most issues of any cryptocoin I have ever seen. 50% instamine by it's own devs, trivial anonymity? Smh.

Darkcoin Facts:

1) 50% Instamine by the devs at launch, Darkcoin devs had Block Reward set to 500 coins per block, they hold over 1million Darkcoins in their posession

2) Masternodes are a centralized entity, if someone bought up all the masternodes, they would de-anonymize Darkcoin

3) Darkcoin uses coinjoin for mixing, the maker of coinjoin, gmaxwell, stated that Coinjoin itself is hardly even anonymous, and that Darkcoin's "anonymity" is a joke.

4) Darkcoin's name affiliates it with Dark acitivities, like drugs, the Darkweb, etc, no normal bitcoin user, not to mention regular joe, will ever use Darkcoin

5) Dozenz more of issues, they're too long to list on this thread

aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:48:59 PM

this incessant squawking about drk is completely off-topic.  why not start a drk vs cn war thread if that is what you want?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
cyrpi4

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:18:21 AM

this incessant squawking about drk is completely off-topic.  why not start a drk vs cn war thread if that is what you want?

+1

Why's there 2  BCNvsXMR war threafs and no war thread for DRK and CN-based coins??

I am pretty sure that all CN-based coins community would be interesting in listening to DRK community's view on CryptoNote  Smiley

Donations: 2235fa09-d5b3-4d5d-9b28-d1281abc1ccb
JazzCouncil

Activity: 87
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 09:06:41 AM

What the hell happened to this thread??!!! Shocked
Jcw188

Activity: 546

Carpe Diem

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 09:57:17 AM

I just read the last few pages and would also like to know what's happened here! Not to use a soundbyte but really guys, what are you hoping to achieve with all this? Surely making peace not war is preferable to bashing - what will that do for any coin's success or the community image? Both are vitally important, I'm sure you wouldn't disagree there.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
werrindor

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:58:18 PM

I just read the last few pages and would also like to know what's happened here! Not to use a soundbyte but really guys, what are you hoping to achieve with all this? Surely making peace not war is preferable to bashing - what will that do for any coin's success or the community image? Both are vitally important, I'm sure you wouldn't disagree there.

Finally we got a normal person here.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: