Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:07:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [♔] British Digital Currency | 5% annual PoS - Bittrex - Fiat to BritCoin [BRIT]  (Read 125061 times)
James1970

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:01:53 PM

still 400sat? it's taking long time on the way down to 1sat

Ohh look, some FUD. Smiley  I wonder what his motives are. Wink

The price has leveled out at 400sat, something we expected to happen.  If you think the price is going to go down rather than up in the near future then don't buy any BritCoin, the people who have faith in this currency will be the ones who will benefit. Smiley

EDIT: Just noticed that was your first post here..  You telling me you signed up to BCT just to write that 1/10 piece of FUD?  Apply yourself next time fella. Smiley

every coin need a little FUD Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
will7am (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 973
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:05:47 PM

still 400sat? it's taking long time on the way down to 1sat

Ohh look, some FUD. Smiley  I wonder what his motives are. Wink

The price has leveled out at 400sat, something we expected to happen.  If you think the price is going to go down rather than up in the near future then don't buy any BritCoin, the people who have faith in this currency will be the ones who will benefit. Smiley

EDIT: Just noticed that was your first post here..  You telling me you signed up to BCT just to write that 1/10 piece of FUD?  Apply yourself next time fella. Smiley

every coin need a little FUD Wink

Yea, keeps us on our toes.  A lot of people (including me) have been pleasantly surprised by the lack of FUD involved with BritCoin since launching 2 months ago.

Very little FUD on Bitcointalk is spooky. Tongue

leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:54:22 AM

Hi there, I just tried to install the britcoin wallet from source on my linux mint box, but I get the following error when I compile: /home/leigh/britcoin-master/src/qt/ircmessageformatter.h:13: error: IrcMessage: No such file or directory

Is there a dependency I need?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

will7am (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:55:36 AM

Hi there, I just tried to install the britcoin wallet from source on my linux mint box, but I get the following error when I compile: /home/leigh/britcoin-master/src/qt/ircmessageformatter.h:13: error: IrcMessage: No such file or directory

Hmm, looks like the new beta version of the BritCoin wallet.  One of our devs will get back to you with some help regarding the error. Smiley

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:18:17 AM

Hmm, looks like the new beta version of the BritCoin wallet.  One of our devs will get back to you with some help regarding the error. Smiley

OK thanks,

Also I'd like to say that this coin has a lot of potential, I think over the coming months we are going to see a comeback for the country coins, the Gulden is doing well again.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

will7am (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:21:00 AM

Hmm, looks like the new beta version of the BritCoin wallet.  One of our devs will get back to you with some help regarding the error. Smiley

OK thanks,

Also I'd like to say that this coin has a lot of potential, I think over the coming months we are going to see a comeback for the country coins, the Gulden is doing well again.

I couldn't agree more.  We've got some pretty exciting developments and promotion plans coming up in the near future, including new desktop/mobile/web wallets and our first merchant accepting BritCoin in the UK. Smiley

Thanks for you support! Cheesy

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:34:32 AM

As requested by so many of you, we are beginning to work on anonymous features by next week.

Great news! Smiley  Looking forward to testing it out Cheesy

What type of anon is going to be implemented? XC have open sourced their old anon mixing feature, which shouldn't take a lot of work to add into the code.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

will7am (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:40:11 AM

As requested by so many of you, we are beginning to work on anonymous features by next week.

Great news! Smiley  Looking forward to testing it out Cheesy

What type of anon is going to be implemented? XC have open sourced their old anon mixing feature, which shouldn't take a lot of work to add into the code.

The current plan is through TOR, but we are looking into the XC mixer.  I think the research and testing is as important as the implementation with something like this, we don't want to release a feature that doesn't work perfectly. Smiley

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:54:17 AM

Great news! Smiley  Looking forward to testing it out Cheesy

The current plan is through TOR, but we are looking into the XC mixer.  I think the research and testing is as important as the implementation with something like this, we don't want to release a feature that doesn't work perfectly. Smiley

I agree, no need to rush, get it right, but I will add that no one could find any link between the blockchain transactions when it was used on the XC platform, and several tried, I think there was even a bounty, which no one was able to claim, it's a pretty solid piece of code. Dan metcalf is an awesome coder.

Key coin was the first to use it after it was open sourced, I think it hit 1 million market cap after it was implemented.

I have one more question, are the development team British?

Edit: never mind I just re read the OP, I also see your a fellow Welsh man too. Grin

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

will7am (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:13:44 AM

The current plan is through TOR, but we are looking into the XC mixer.  I think the research and testing is as important as the implementation with something like this, we don't want to release a feature that doesn't work perfectly. Smiley

I agree, no need to rush, get it right, but I will add that no one could find any link between the blockchain transactions when it was used on the XC platform, and several tried, I think there was even a bounty, which no one was able to claim, it's a pretty solid piece of code. Dan metcalf is an awesome coder.

Key coin was the first to use it after it was open sourced, I think it hit 1 million market cap after it was implemented.

Edit: never mind I just re read the OP, I also see your a fellow Welsh man too. Grin

Yea I've heard good things about it, but never really tested it to the extent I would want to before implementing it on BritCoin.

We're planning on calling it "private send", what you think?

We think since the word anonymous has quite a 'dirty' reputation, and we want BritCoin to be the digital currency for British consumers and business, the word "private" sums up what we're trying to do with it.  It will be totally optional, so it gives users and businesses the option to keep their payments private or public.

Also, Welsh and proud. Cheesy  The whole team is British apart from one, our wonderful designer/dev Christian who's from Norway.  We're always looking for people to help out, so let me know if you know anyone. Smiley

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:30:55 AM

Yea I've heard good things about it, but never really tested it to the extent I would want to before implementing it on BritCoin.

We think since the word anonymous has quite a 'dirty' reputation, and we want BritCoin to be the digital currency for British consumers and business, the word "private" sums up what we're trying to do with it.  It will be totally optional, so it gives users and businesses the option to keep their payments private or public.

Also, Welsh and proud. Cheesy  The whole team is British apart from one, our wonderful designer/dev Christian who's from Norway.  We're always looking for people to help out, so let me know if you know anyone. Smiley

Private send is a good name, anon does have some bad connotations that come with the name. Anon sounds sketchy and dark lol. This day and age with all the GHCQ and NSA spying who doesn't want "privacy"?

I wish my coding skills were better, I would like to help out, but not sure what I could do? I have some computer skills, or maybe I could just help by spreading the word?

What part of Wales are you from? I'm from Bridgend.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

will7am (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:37:28 AM

Private send is a good name, anon does have some bad connotations that come with the name. Anon sounds sketchy and dark lol. This day and age with all the GHCQ and NSA spying who doesn't want "privacy"?

I wish my coding skills were better, I would like to help out, but not sure what I could do? I have some computer skills, or maybe I could just help by spreading the word?

Yea, the word 'Anon' has become synonymous with hackers and darkweb activities, something we want to steer clear of. Smiley  Privacy is something more and more people expect nowadays with the Snowden revelations, so "private send" seems like the right route to take.

We've already got a couple of coin developers, so we're doing alright in that department.  What we could really do with is someone who's decent at copywriting, who could do some writing for BritCoin. Smiley  Other than that, spreading the word on Social Media and helping us find new merchants would be great. Smiley

I'm from Llantrisant, but lived most of my adult life in Cardiff. Smiley

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:50:32 AM

Yea, the word 'Anon' has become synonymous with hackers and darkweb activities, something we want to steer clear of. Smiley  Privacy is something more and more people expect nowadays with the Snowden revelations, so "private send" seems like the right route to take.

We've already got a couple of coin developers, so we're doing alright in that department.  What we could really do with is someone who's decent at copywriting, who could do some writing for BritCoin. Smiley  Other than that, spreading the word on Social Media and helping us find new merchants would be great. Smiley

I don't have any copyright knowledge sorry. I'd gladly help spreading the word on social media and help finding merchants though.

Llantrisant is only a stones throw away from me, if this coin does we'll, I'll come and buy you a few pints Grin

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

dennemann

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 12:34:06 PM

Hey hit me up on #BritcoinUK at freenode. The source from my GIT is being pushed with new updates all the time so consider it alpha at best. There are some dependencies i have not included in the install instructions, come in chat i will help you build it if you want. Smiley

Designer and developer at the Britcoin project. https://twitter.com/dennemann87
Donate Britcoins: BKvch6CHCtvAvxXwSRk5nHuBCysUehfQ9P
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:52:21 PM

Hey hit me up on #BritcoinUK at freenode. The source from my GIT is being pushed with new updates all the time so consider it alpha at best. There are some dependencies i have not included in the install instructions, come in chat i will help you build it if you want. Smiley

Thanks for all your help installing the wallet.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

dennemann

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 02:19:22 PM

Thanks for all your help installing the wallet.

No problemo!

Designer and developer at the Britcoin project. https://twitter.com/dennemann87
Donate Britcoins: BKvch6CHCtvAvxXwSRk5nHuBCysUehfQ9P
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 05:53:31 PM

Wow...I didn't know you were Welsh. The new home of the new Doctor Who!

Myself, I'm fifth-generation Canadian. My great-great grampaw disembarked at Boston, decided he didn't like the ambience, so he hoofed it to Toronto. Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

will7am (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:56:18 PM

Wow...I didn't know you were Welsh. The new home of the new Doctor Who!

Myself, I'm fifth-generation Canadian. My great-great grampaw disembarked at Boston, decided he didn't like the ambience, so he hoofed it to Toronto. Smiley

Hah, that's right.  I got shouted at by who I think was the director for walking on "the set" when they were filming in Cardiff once..  Their fault when they close off a street in the middle of town when I have places to be. Haha. Smiley

Your great-great grampaw was right about Boston, terrible ambience. Cheesy  Always wanted to visit Toronto..  I'm sure I will one day. Wink

will7am (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:30:40 PM

Hope everyone's excited about the new BritCoin mobile and web wallet (BritBank) that will be available soon! Cheesy  They're both near completion and once they've been fully tested, we will make an announcement here, plus Twitter etc. Smiley  My guess is they will be launched within 48 hours.

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:37:32 PM

Hope everyone's excited about the new BritCoin mobile and web wallet (BritBank) that will be available soon! Cheesy  They're both near completion and once they've been fully tested, we will make an announcement here, plus Twitter etc. Smiley  My guess is they will be launched within 48 hours.

I look forward to it Smiley

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: