Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:53:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hashkings Lending,Deposit 1.25% INSURED, ALL PPT ACCOUNTS CLOSING ON 8/19  (Read 93709 times)
IveBeenBit

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 03:54:25 AM

At least Hashking fessed up, and is trying to make things right. Most people in that situation would just disappear.

I'm not so sure about this. It looks like the exact same stalling tactics that both Pirate and NCKrazze used when their scams fell apart. I suspect the purpose is to diffuse the anger people feel and reduce the risk that someone will go to the trouble and figure out where they live to throw a molotov cocktail through the front window of his house or whatever. Consider that Hashking was probably contemplating and composing his "I'm broke" message for the past several days. It should have been a lot more thorough. All we got was a "mea culpa, I will make it right." If he was sincere about making things right his message would look more like this:

* I fucked up. I apologize from the bottom of my heart.
* Since I am the one that fucked up, I will go to extraordinary lengths to make it right for people whose trust I violated
* I owe xxx amount of bitcoins right now
* I have yyy amount of fiat and zzz amount of bitcoins to pay back my creditors immediately
* I have the following sources of income: (mining, real estate investment, real job, etc)
* I have the following assets: gold, silver, firearms, vehicles, etc..
* I will make my first good faith payment of xxx bitcoins in three days as soon as my money gets to Mt Gox and I can buy some coins
* I'm asking my creditors how I can make this the least shitty for them and am soliciting opinions
* I'm sorry

Instead we got a bunch of vague bullshit about faulty computer hardware returned for a refund with volatile bitcoin prices and so on.

One thing I can say that Hashking did right is that he mentioned a 3 year payment window. This will keep his marks complacent for longer than NCKrazze's and Pirate's, who both promised repayments in days or weeks. By the time his creditors will accept that they were fucked, Hashking's scam will be ancient history, so from a personal safety standpoint this is a smart move for him as it allows their anger to gradually flare out.

We should also ask what motivation an admitted scammer will have three years from now to pay anyone back. To save his "reputation?" His reputation is irreparably damaged at this point.

The only other motivation I can think of if he were going to pay us would be to calm a guilty conscience. But if that were what's driving him, his announcement would have looked more like the outline that I posted above.

CONCLUSION: We're fucked, and Hashking is trying to play us.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 04:02:12 AM

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
peasant

Activity: 272

Cryptopreneur

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 04:14:40 AM

I can't really argue with that. He deserves a shit storm considering what has been happening, and the fact that he claimed the deposits were 100% insured. Which to me basically means the second you can't continue paying me interest i get all my money back instantly. Not a good time to go belly up, and massive withdrawals should have been foreseen considering the pirate situation. It's hard for me to be as angry as some since i had very little on the line. Mostly experimental amounts. That basically happened because i never got a good enough answer on how my deposits are truly guaranteed. So i viewed it more as a gamble with small amounts. Lets see if he follows through.
chungenhung
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 04:42:50 AM

At least Hashking fessed up, and is trying to make things right. Most people in that situation would just disappear.

I'm not so sure about this. It looks like the exact same stalling tactics that both Pirate and NCKrazze used when their scams fell apart. I suspect the purpose is to diffuse the anger people feel and reduce the risk that someone will go to the trouble and figure out where they live to throw a molotov cocktail through the front window of his house or whatever. Consider that Hashking was probably contemplating and composing his "I'm broke" message for the past several days. It should have been a lot more thorough. All we got was a "mea culpa, I will make it right." If he was sincere about making things right his message would look more like this:

* Since I am the one that fucked up, I will go to extraordinary lengths to make it right for people whose trust I violated
* I have yyy amount of fiat and zzz amount of bitcoins to pay back my creditors immediately
* I have the following sources of income: (mining, real estate investment, real job, etc)
* I will make my first good faith payment of xxx bitcoins in three days as soon as my money gets to Mt Gox and I can buy some coins
* I'm asking my creditors how I can make this the least shitty for them and am soliciting opinions
* I'm sorry

Instead we got a bunch of vague bullshit about faulty computer hardware returned for a refund with volatile bitcoin prices and so on.

One thing I can say that Hashking did right is that he mentioned a 3 year payment window. This will keep his marks complacent for longer than NCKrazze's and Pirate's, who both promised repayments in days or weeks. By the time his creditors will accept that they were fucked, Hashking's scam will be ancient history, so from a personal safety standpoint this is a smart move for him as it allows their anger to gradually flare out.

We should also ask what motivation an admitted scammer will have three years from now to pay anyone back. To save his "reputation?" His reputation is irreparably damaged at this point.

The only other motivation I can think of if he were going to pay us would be to calm a guilty conscience. But if that were what's driving him, his announcement would have looked more like the outline that I posted above.

CONCLUSION: We're fucked, and Hashking is trying to play us.
i tried to get some info, but got none.
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 04:54:09 AM

hashking, can you comment on the fact that you used supposed-INSURANCE FUNDS that were to never be exposed to Pirate or any risk and turned around and INVESTED THEM WITH PIRATE ANYWAY ?

I tried to get a clear answer from you previously, but as you said, you have a life and this is not where you are most of the time.

Please set the record straight, in your own defense, if at all.

peasant

Cryptopreneur

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 04:58:58 AM

You might have better luck contacting an airport.  Cheesy
damon1492

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 05:35:16 AM

whats going on how come on the site it says "Weekly interest rate: 0%"  and my last interest is been Pending for 3DAYS NOW since the 6th and NOW is saying 0% Whats going on and still locked till "Locked in until: 2012-10-04".

if you cant keep up return my initial payment!

my user name is: mr.someone
peasant

Cryptopreneur

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 05:37:24 AM

Get in line buddy.  Cheesy
damon1492

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 05:40:13 AM

is this guy fo real !! because else i will call jesus on him !   Angry
peasant

Cryptopreneur

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 05:48:09 AM

is this guy fo real !! because else i will call jesus on him !   Angry

Maybe jesus did this to you?
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 06:30:16 AM

whats going on how come on the site it says "Weekly interest rate: 0%"  and my last interest is been Pending for 3DAYS NOW since the 6th and NOW is saying 0% Whats going on and still locked till "Locked in until: 2012-10-04".

if you cant keep up return my initial payment!

my user name is: mr.someone

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1104

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:50:30 AM

* I'm sorry

This is what I too would need from hashking to feel that he is being sincere in his desire to repay all that he owes, plus a major % pay back on Monday & regular subsequent ones as he sells assets to make this good asap - I am now having to sell personal assets, some at a loss, in order to honor a commitment that relied on my funds of 348.75 btc being returned in full when due last Saturday.

i: This deposit has been withdrawn (I have not received anything back as yet)

Deposit of 300 btc.

Deposit made on: 2012-07-14

Weekly interest rate: 0% (contracted for 1.9% per week locked in for 8 weeks, last week's interest not shown)

Weekly or compound interest: Compound

Payments sent

Details          Time                              Address                Amount                 Status

Withdrawal     2012-09-08 03:54:05     1G5apm...2Ufijs8   342.24770357 btc   Pending

hashking, please PM me your email address with a copy of your photo ID, your residential/work addresses & your acknowledgement that you owe me 348 btc that was both guaranteed & insured by you & your schedule of repayment, many thanks.

Otoh

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 10:03:41 AM

You have no business to demand 42...xx BTC of interest, you, if you just could leave your selfish circle jerk, want to steal from the deposited principal of others.

At least in this line of reasoning, even hashking aknowledges a higher moral ground than you !

Thanks for thinking about greedy little bastards, who won´t get anything in the end.

Zyk
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1104

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 10:14:02 AM

You have no business to demand 42...xx BTC of interest, you, if you just could leave your selfish circle jerk, want to steal from the deposited principal of others.

At least in this line of reasoning, even hashking aknowledges a higher moral ground than you !

Thanks for thinking about greedy little bastards, who won´t get anything in the end.

Zyk

No, I expect hashking to sell assets & borrow fiat (just like I am now having to do) in order to make good his contract with me in full, I expect my principle back asap or that is just straightforward theft & after everyone's principle has been re-payed, eventually the interest in full (48 btc) or that is fraud imo.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
rdponticelli

Activity: 325

Our highest capital is the Confidence we build.

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 10:29:07 AM

LOANS
If you are in need of a loan please pm me and we can discuss terms.  After we agree I will post terms and cofirmations in this thread.  I will also list my good borrowers and bad borrowers in this thread that way if anyone needs to check payment history with a previous borrower they can.   If you want your information kept confidential please let me know.

ESCROW SERVICE
If anyone is interested and needs to do an escrow for any type of transaction I will do this for no charge.

DEPOSIT ACCOUNTS
Lastly if anyone is interested in depositing any BTC with me to earn interest I will pay a 1.00% weekly interest rate(No commitment required).  The funds for the deposits will be used for lending out to other borrowers, investing in more mining equipment, bitcoin projects and other investments offered on the forum.  If someone is in need to make a withdrawl of bitcoins there is a 24 hour waiting period.  Most withdrawls will be returned sooner as long as I'm not sleeping.  All my depositers funds are 100% guaranteed and will not lose any funds due to any defaults unless stated otherwise.  Depositor may decided to either receive weekly interest payments or rollover their interest.  Deposits could be returned at anytime.

Current Rates:

1.00% Weekly -- Guaranteed Fully Insured no lock in

1.25% Weekly -- Guaranteed Fully Insured 8 week lock in

3.30% Weekly -- Direct BTCST Pass Through 50% Insurance 1 week lock in (CLOSED)
Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=97041.msg1068849#msg1068849

4.91% Weekly -- Direct BTCST Pass Through 0% Insurance 1 week lock in  New rate will be effective 8/20/12.  Existing accounts will be switched over to the new rate on 8/19/12.
Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=82574.0.   (CLOSED AS OF 8/19/12.)  

If you are interested in setting up an account please visit http://hkbtclending.com.

Just preserving this. More witnesses are welcome.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 10:33:22 AM

LOANS
If you are in need of a loan please pm me and we can discuss terms.  After we agree I will post terms and cofirmations in this thread.  I will also list my good borrowers and bad borrowers in this thread that way if anyone needs to check payment history with a previous borrower they can.   If you want your information kept confidential please let me know.

ESCROW SERVICE
If anyone is interested and needs to do an escrow for any type of transaction I will do this for no charge.

DEPOSIT ACCOUNTS
Lastly if anyone is interested in depositing any BTC with me to earn interest I will pay a 1.00% weekly interest rate(No commitment required).  The funds for the deposits will be used for lending out to other borrowers, investing in more mining equipment, bitcoin projects and other investments offered on the forum.  If someone is in need to make a withdrawl of bitcoins there is a 24 hour waiting period.  Most withdrawls will be returned sooner as long as I'm not sleeping.  All my depositers funds are 100% guaranteed and will not lose any funds due to any defaults unless stated otherwise.  Depositor may decided to either receive weekly interest payments or rollover their interest.  Deposits could be returned at anytime.

Current Rates:

4.91% Weekly -- Direct BTCST Pass Through 0% Insurance 1 week lock in  New rate will be effective 8/20/12.  Existing accounts will be switched over to the new rate on 8/19/12.
Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=82574.0.   (CLOSED AS OF 8/19/12.)  

If you are interested in setting up an account please visit http://hkbtclending.com.

Witnessed

zyk

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 01:59:57 PM

Zyk

No, I expect hashking to sell assets & borrow fiat (just like I am now having to do) in order to make good his contract with me in full, I expect my principle back asap or that is just straightforward theft & after everyone's principle has been re-payed, eventually the interest in full (48 btc) or that is fraud imo.

Luckily you forgot the h in your reasoning and that intentionally !!  If not, you entered a fraudulent contract, on which´s fullfillment you better not insist, or you too

may be asked about this syndrome ( didn´t even pirate tried to remember you of your brains? )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

Cheers Zyk
fabrizziop

Activity: 506
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 02:04:57 PM

LOANS

ESCROW SERVICE

DEPOSIT ACCOUNTS

Current Rates:

Witnessed

Witnessed
zyk

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 03:03:07 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2012, 11:52:24 PM by Maged

Zyk

Luckily you forgot the h in your reasoning and that intentionally !!  If not, you entered a fraudulent contract, on which´s fullfillment you better not insist, or you too

may be asked about this syndrome ( didn´t even pirate tried to remember you of your brains? )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

Cheers Zyk

You never add IMHO.....?   It was just imo.....there is the missing "h"  and thats causing me a headache , when needing to use you as an escrow.

Thanks Zyk
zyk

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 03:11:32 PM

In this closed - end BTC - community, any interest you are promised, are claiming or are paid, has been ripped off some unsuspecting sucker,

save you know, how it was earned through saving and investment by somebody else.

Thanks for thinking about complience.

Zyk
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: