Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:55:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DIY] - Reward $100 | Antminer S1/S3 Blade on Raspberry Pi  (Read 81909 times)
ZymurBits

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 06:52:37 PM

Anyone interested in 4 boards?  Never overclocked or pencil modded.  Were working when upgraded to S3 boards.  I live in central US.  PM me an offer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HerbPean
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 07:05:32 PM

Any updates on the controller ?
HerbPean
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 04:37:42 AM

I made a bad manipulation and I broke one of my board. I pulled off the RIGHT trace on the board for R3 resistance. I'm trying to figure out if I can connect my wire somewhere else, if possible.

Sooo if anyone have an idea, it would be awesome !

Thanks Tongue
Lumanet

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 04:52:11 AM

I made a bad manipulation and I broke one of my board. I pulled off the RIGHT trace on the board for R3 resistance. I'm trying to figure out if I can connect my wire somewhere else, if possible.

Thanks Tongue

Can you post a photo of it please ?  I can review your circuit and tell you how to bridge it.
HerbPean
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 05:19:08 AM

Thanks Tongue

Can you post a photo of it please ?  I can review your circuit and tell you how to bridge it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m2xqyp14wrsc97l/IMG_1884.JPG?dl=0

This isn't the same board, but the broken trace is the one with the red wire.

Thanks Wink
Lumanet

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 08:04:07 PM

Thanks Tongue

Thanks Wink

OK this is an easy fix. Also I recommand you solder both pins prior lifting the resistor up or get a wider flat tip and groove out the middle so you have a U shape tip to de soder it better from the board.

Here is the pic you need to fix your board:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nxstwkm4fehwm7/Photo%20Dec%2026%2C%2012%2044%2030%20PM.jpg?dl=0

I do hope you get it fixed :-)  If not let me know because I do offer those resoldering with a fixed resistor too.
HerbPean
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 10:17:17 PM

Thanks Tongue

Thanks Wink

OK this is an easy fix. Also I recommand you solder both pins prior lifting the resistor up or get a wider flat tip and groove out the middle so you have a U shape tip to de soder it better from the board.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nxstwkm4fehwm7/Photo%20Dec%2026%2C%2012%2044%2030%20PM.jpg?dl=0

I do hope you get it fixed :-)  If not let me know because I do offer those resoldering with a fixed resistor too.

Thanks for the info, since this isn't my day-to-day job. Will you explain more in details exactly what I have to do.

From what I understand, i need to relink C9 with C8, C4, then re-link R3 with C9,C8,C4 to C3 then all of them to C2 ?

Thanks !
Lumanet

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 10:46:29 PM

Thanks Tongue

Thanks Wink

Thanks for the info, since this isn't my day-to-day job. Will you explain more in details exactly what I have to do.

From what I understand, i need to relink C9 with C8, C4, then re-link R3 with C9,C8,C4 to C3 then all of them to C2 ?

Thanks !

It really depands on how much you destroyed :-) The manual red marked line is the linking itself so if you only damaged a little bit on the R3 itself just run your wire to any of the other red marked point with a solder point. And you are done. C4 is perfect as a measuring point. If you use an OHM Meter you should read from C4 to all those point ~ 0 Ohm.
Also instead of using a POT or POTI I do always just resolder a resistor in place which has 1% tolerance in this case I do use a 4.12 KOhm resistor. This eliminates your issue with the POT to adjust :-)
HerbPean
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 12:42:31 AM

Thanks Tongue

Thanks Wink

Thanks !

It really depands on how much you destroyed :-) The manual red marked line is the linking itself so if you only damaged a little bit on the R3 itself just run your wire to any of the other red marked point with a solder point. And you are done. C4 is perfect as a measuring point. If you use an OHM Meter you should read from C4 to all those point ~ 0 Ohm.
Also instead of using a POT or POTI I do always just resolder a resistor in place which has 1% tolerance in this case I do use a 4.12 KOhm resistor. This eliminates your issue with the POT to adjust :-)

many Thanks !!
HerbPean
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 12:44:44 AM

Anyone else run as much as 6 CP2102 on windows ?

I'm having a very strange behaviour. Using only 4 cp2102, everything is rock stable. With 5 i'm getting a little more HW (especially on one card) and with 6 ... i always have a card that throw a ton of HW, i'm pretty sure it's NOT the card as the problem looks like to appears on a random AMU. (After a reboot)

Thanks
pekatete

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 12:59:49 AM

I'm having a very strange behaviour. Using only 4 cp2102, everything is rock stable. With 5 i'm getting a little more HW (especially on one card) and with 6 ... i always have a card that throw a ton of HW, i'm pretty sure it's NOT the card as the problem looks like to appears on a random AMU. (After a reboot)

Thanks
I do NOT have that problem, but it could be due to all those units using the same device driver file.
If you go to one of the units via control panel properties and find the path to the driver, then browse to the folder and create a few more folders under it (you can name them as you wish) and copy the driver into each folder. Then re-assign the drivers for your CP2102's to the different drivers in the new folders, ensuring each folder driver is assigne to only 4 devices (4 being your magic number!).

HerbPean
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 01:01:49 AM

Thanks
I do NOT have that problem, but it could be due to all those units using the same device driver file.
If you go to one of the units via control panel properties and find the path to the driver, then browse to the folder and create a few more folders under it (you can name them as you wish) and copy the driver into each folder. Then re-assign the drivers for your CP2102's to the different drivers in the new folders, ensuring each folder driver is assigne to only 4 devices (4 being your magic number!).

switched one of the CP2102 and now it is more stable.

Thanks for the tip, I will try it !
HerbPean
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 05:37:07 AM

Thanks

Doesn't let me update it with a different file ... windows always say "Already installed with the lastest version" ...
HerbPean
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 06:16:59 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2014, 07:29:15 AM by HerbPean

Thanks

Doesn't let me update it with a different file ... windows always say "Already installed with the lastest version" ...

Allright, after many error and retry. The problem might not be the driver or the cp2102. Since my command line when I set the freq "cgminer.exe --bmsc-options 115200:60 --bmsc-freq 0881 --hotplug 0 --lowmem -o stratum+tcp:" crashes at the end. I restart CGMiner after that and i found out that if i run the first command (Set freq) multiple of time, the HW are almost gone.

So... mystery here but my tactic is working. HW went wayyy down except one board which throw more HW then all the others.

EDIT: Giving up, can't find what the f*** is going on.
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 10:24:18 AM

Thanks

Allright, after many error and retry. The problem might not be the driver or the cp2102. Since my command line when I set the freq "cgminer.exe --bmsc-options 115200:60 --bmsc-freq 0881 --hotplug 0 --lowmem -o stratum+tcp:" crashes at the end. I restart CGMiner after that and i found out that if i run the first command (Set freq) multiple of time, the HW are almost gone.

So... mystery here but my tactic is working. HW went wayyy down except one board which throw more HW then all the others.

often i find that when i start up the boards for mining, they will throw a fit with HW, but after they get warmed up, they all settle down, so start them up and let them run for 30 minutes, then reset the stats on cgminer, and see if its become better

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
dunny

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 05:37:19 AM

I've got 4 X S1 boards if anyone is interested Smiley
HerbPean
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 10:50:15 AM

Thanks

often i find that when i start up the boards for mining, they will throw a fit with HW, but after they get warmed up, they all settle down, so start them up and let them run for 30 minutes, then reset the stats on cgminer, and see if its become better

I got about 0.85% HW with 1.3% Reject after like 3 hours. I clearly notice way more HW then i had with four cards. Now running 8.

I could stand 57.2gh/s steady, now getting 55.x on all 8 cards.

not so bad after all
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 09:07:08 PM

5 antminer S1 units, cooled by a pair of Cougar 90cfm fans and running approx 460GH/430W  (still working on tuning, 2 units are only running 70GH). Runs off a single CS650M

ps: temps are up around 60-65C, and the hardware seems fine with that. I plan to get it in a cooler location soon though to drop temps 5-10C

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
kabopar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:31:47 AM

5 antminer S1 units, cooled by a pair of Cougar 90cfm fans and running approx 460GH/430W  (still working on tuning, 2 units are only running 70GH). Runs off a single CS650M

ps: temps are up around 60-65C, and the hardware seems fine with that. I plan to get it in a cooler location soon though to drop temps 5-10C
Looks great.  Can you provide more info how it is setup:  What controller, interconnections etc.?  I have a bunch of S1 boards after and S1/S3 upgrade and am interested in getting some use of them.

Cheers
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 08:35:05 AM

Looks great.  Can you provide more info how it is setup:  What controller, interconnections etc.?  I have a bunch of S1 boards after and S1/S3 upgrade and am interested in getting some use of them.

Cheers

this thread provides all the info we have discussed in regard to s1 blades.. also how to control them without the controller boards from bitmaintech

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: