Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 10:35:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: FAIRLAY - SPORTS BETTING for experts - highest liquidity, provably best odds  (Read 135293 times)
fairlay (OP)

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 09:55:28 PM

We do have Cricket markets: https://www.fairlay.com/event/category-decimal/others/sub/cricket/
However, currently not too many matches going on that we cover.

www.fairlay.com - the Bitcoin prediction market - the future of reliable information
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 12:30:15 AM

Ok, it turns out that it was a known problem that we haven't fixed yet because it occurs only very rarely. It only affects anonymous bets that are partially matched when they hit our matching algorithm. There is indeed the problem that the remaining part will not create a open order (as it should). If the full amount would create a open order - that would work. So please ping us if you win the bet - then I will send you the additional amount manually. For the future we recommend using an account, or just place bets that will be accepted fully, or - if this case occurs again - you can know that the not matched part will be send back for sure and will not get matched later no matter how the odds will move.

Only less than 1% of all bets on Fairlay are done without account and only a fraction of them get partially matched so - it is still on our todo list but we will do a lot of other stuff first.

Hello, I think it just happened again, or I'm not understanding how to check the liquidity of the market.
I made another bet, that was way bellow the numbers written bellow those odds, so I guess It should be completely matched.
The transaction got confirmed but it had 0 mBTC matched. The odds changed and again, the odd in the "on" side were bellow the odds I took tine the "against" side.

I will sent you the link and a screenshot by pm again.
I guess I need to bet with an account.

FairlaySupport

Activity: 473
Merit: 252

please do not contact us here via PM.

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 09:48:50 AM

We have finally finished the american odds view.  We will probably put it live on Monday.

fairlay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 04:27:48 AM

Ok, it turns out that it was a known problem that we haven't fixed yet because it occurs only very rarely. It only affects anonymous bets that are partially matched when they hit our matching algorithm. There is indeed the problem that the remaining part will not create a open order (as it should). If the full amount would create a open order - that would work. So please ping us if you win the bet - then I will send you the additional amount manually. For the future we recommend using an account, or just place bets that will be accepted fully, or - if this case occurs again - you can know that the not matched part will be send back for sure and will not get matched later no matter how the odds will move.

Only less than 1% of all bets on Fairlay are done without account and only a fraction of them get partially matched so - it is still on our todo list but we will do a lot of other stuff first.

Hello, I think it just happened again, or I'm not understanding how to check the liquidity of the market.
I made another bet, that was way bellow the numbers written bellow those odds, so I guess It should be completely matched.
The transaction got confirmed but it had 0 mBTC matched. The odds changed and again, the odd in the "on" side were bellow the odds I took tine the "against" side.

Sorry for this - seems like we need to refactor the anonymous bets. With an account you shouldn't have this issues.

www.fairlay.com - the Bitcoin prediction market - the future of reliable information
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 02:27:26 PM

Sorry for this - seems like we need to refactor the anonymous bets. With an account you shouldn't have this issues.

Yes I already tried with an account and it worked fine. The thing is, maybe you should disable anonymous betting, to prevent these problems.
I don't really have a problem playing with an account, just used the anonymous option because it was present, but it would be better for me if the option wasn't present at all.

Anyway everything seems to be working well with an account.

fairlay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 07:57:40 PM

Yes I already tried with an account and it worked fine. The thing is, maybe you should disable anonymous betting, to prevent these problems.
I don't really have a problem playing with an account, just used the anonymous option because it was present, but it would be better for me if the option wasn't present at all.

Anyway everything seems to be working well with an account.

Thanks for this infos. We will do a review of the anonymous betting process soon and either fix it or deactivate it.

fairlay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2016, 09:11:54 AM

In case you missed it: we have a number of very interesting markets beyond sports: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1372238

And we are very open to new and more suggestions - what do you want to bet on?

DoniAiikya

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 09:15:47 AM

This is instant to withdrawal? let me know, maybe i will try this SPort betting website
fairlay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2016, 09:17:27 AM

Yap, currently withdrawals up to 10BTC are instant - above that it takes on average a few hours but not more than 24h.

FairlaySupport

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 10:35:37 PM

Hi there,  we pushed a lot of UI updates in the last week. Wie hope you enjoy them.

For example, you can now sign up without email with basically 1 click and add an email later.

Feedback is always welcome.

fairlay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 02:55:42 AM

We have reports that bets are missing in the new "my predictions" view. Until we look into this you might want to use this view:
https://www.fairlay.com/user/public/YOUR_USERNAME - we haven't changed it.

FairlaySupport

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2016, 05:13:36 PM

In the upcoming weeks we will migrate all accounts to an enhanced and more secure system. Affected users will get a new deposit address  and be notified via email.

New Features:

• All users who like to trade their position are now able to pull out their money early.
  • Unmatched bets will no longer result in a reduction of your balance. This way everyone can be market maker on many markets without being forced to deposit too much money.
  • Instead, the funds will be deducted from your balance  right before a bet is matched.  
  • All market makers are required to make sure that they can cover for their unmatched bets. If a market maker fails do so (one of his unmatched orders is about to get matched and he does not have the necessary funds), it will result in a penalty of 0.1mBTC in each case.

gamebak

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 06:38:23 PM

Interesting system you've got there. Nice to see a large number of sports am keen on trying being implemented. Will deposit some money later and give it a shot!
VTC

Activity: 84
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 05:38:39 AM

In the upcoming weeks we will migrate all accounts to an enhanced and more secure system. Affected users will get a new deposit address  and be notified via email.

New Features:

• All users who like to trade their position are now able to pull out their money early.
  • Unmatched bets will no longer result in a reduction of your balance. This way everyone can be market maker on many markets without being forced to deposit too much money.
  • Instead, the funds will be deducted from your balance  right before a bet is matched.  
  • All market makers are required to make sure that they can cover for their unmatched bets. If a market maker fails do so (one of his unmatched orders is about to get matched and he does not have the necessary funds), it will result in a penalty of 0.1mBTC in each case.

This is a bit unclear for me, can you offer an example?
Say a user deposits 10 btc.  They can create 10 unmatched bets of 10 btc each for a total of 100btc in market liquidity, right?
Are you saying that after the first 10 btc gets matched, the other 90 btc won't get canceled?
And if another user tries to bet against those remaining 90btc will the system allow a match putting the original user into a negative balance plus 0.1mBTC fee?
negato

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 06:45:35 AM

seems like you've changed your minimum.  What's up with that?
fairlay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 08:42:02 PM

Yes, sorry for not announcing that yet.

We have changed the minimum to 5mbTC. The amount you risk AND the amount you could win (net-winnings) have to be at least 5mBTC.

fairlay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 03:27:16 AM

Fairlay is currently not reliably reachable. We had some problems in our migration process. We are working on it but you might not be able to place bets in the next 12h. Very sorry for that.

DT3

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 03:08:32 PM

I'm new to the site and I'm finding the navigation a little rough.

Here's a suggestion why not list the games on the main page and then when clicked on display the entire spread options for the game.

For example today I'm interested in wagering on Knicks vs Mavs spread in order to get to that game I have to navigate a number of pages and make sure I didn't pass over the game.

My suggestion is basically list all the games on the NBA page and allow the user to pick which match he wants to wager on then after he clicks on it display the spreads.

I hope you guys keep growing and do well but you need to address the layout I think its turning of a lot of users.
VTC

Activity: 84
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 08:16:03 PM

Hey Fairlay, think you missed my questions https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=673475.msg14277623#msg14277623
FairlaySupport

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 09:56:38 PM

Sorry @VTC!

This is a bit unclear for me, can you offer an example?
Say a user deposits 10 btc.  They can create 10 unmatched bets of 10 btc each for a total of 100btc in market liquidity, right?
right.

Are you saying that after the first 10 btc gets matched, the other 90 btc won't get canceled?

yes.

And if another user tries to bet against those remaining 90btc will the system allow a match putting the original user into a negative balance plus 0.1mBTC fee?

no, the system won't allow a match. The offer will be cancelled and the penalty deducted from the account.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: