Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:26:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock]  (Read 300467 times)
silverfuture
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1008

central banking = outdated protocol

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:59:35 AM

I believe CogF shares were to raise funds for an Avalon chip buy, not more BFL equipment. The refund from Avalon was to go towards the Cointerra purchase along with CogF2. There seems to be some confusion concerning that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NastyFans - The Fan Club for Bitcoin Enthusiasts | MININGCOINS | POOL | ESCROW
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 02:04:21 AM

Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract!

The most resilient FPGA mining contract!

Thanks Cheesy That title is a bit dated isn't it... I figure it has a kind of positive stigma associated with it so that's why it has stayed the same so long Tongue Actually I just wrote a song title resilient this weekend... Anyway, back on topic!

Everything is ready to go at Havelock. So, all Cognitive shareholders: Please register for an account at https://www.havelockinvestments.com using the same email you had on BTC-TC to enable Havelock to push shares to your account. They currently do not have a system in place that will automatically generate accounts for shareholders, so for now we will be pushing shares to email addresses daily. So the sooner you register the better!

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 02:05:28 AM

I believe CogF shares were to raise funds for an Avalon chip buy, not more BFL equipment. The refund from Avalon was to go towards the Cointerra purchase along with CogF2. There seems to be some confusion concerning that.

This is correct. The Avalon purchase was refunded then those coins were used to purchase CT hardware which will be delivered in January, which is when COG.F and COG.F2 contracts will be converted.

--Garrett

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
investr

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 02:15:20 AM

Alright. Who broke Havelock... Angry

Successful transactions: http://pastebin.com/GM27Ju59
medicine

Activity: 697
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 02:17:29 AM

It won't load for me either.  Fingers still crossed, I don't know if they will uncross once it's time. May be stuck like this.

Edit: ok back up and running and have received my shares in my portfolio.   Smiley
investr

Activity: 222

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 02:21:51 AM

Can confirm having COG shares in my Havelock account.

Edit: Will the month's worth of dividends also be released tonight?

Successful transactions: http://pastebin.com/GM27Ju59
lightbox

Activity: 212

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 02:22:18 AM

It won't load for me either.  Fingers still crossed, I don't know if they will uncross once it's time. May be stuck like this.

Loading fine for me here... backend servers look fine too.. maybe a temporary cloudflare glitch... they've had more and more of those recently... getting very frustrating...

https://www.canadianbitcoins.com for quick & easy buy/sell with $CAD
Canada's Oldest Bitcoin Brokerage.  Serving Canadian Bitcoiners since 2011!
katie.mckinley

Activity: 131

old user name chris3spice

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 02:36:29 AM

It won't load for me either.  Fingers still crossed, I don't know if they will uncross once it's time. May be stuck like this.

Loading fine for me here... backend servers look fine too.. maybe a temporary cloudflare glitch... they've had more and more of those recently... getting very frustrating...

Site just worked fine for me as well, now to wait and see if my cognitive shares shows up
st4nl3y
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:10:05 AM

Can confirm having COG shares in my Havelock account.

Edit: Will the month's worth of dividends also be released tonight?

same here. thanks Garrett

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:12:04 AM

We're live! The order books are filling up quite quickly Smiley

Dividends will not go out until 90% of the shares are transferred to the appropriate accounts, because Havelock does not have a way to retain dividends until the shares are claimed yet. I will update as soon as this happens!

Cheers!

--Garrett

helloge
Legendary

Activity: 1057

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:22:13 AM

Dividends will not go out until 90% of the shares are transferred to the appropriate accounts, because Havelock does not have a way to retain dividends until the shares are claimed yet. I will update as soon as this happens!

Cheers!

--Garrett

I can't find my cog.f2 shares in my account. what's up ?

▄▄███▄▄             
            ███████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄    ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ███████████▄▄     ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀█████████████▄▄       
     ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀█████████████▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄ ▀▀████████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
             ▀▀█████▀▀           

.CARDSTACK..............
...The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..Bringing scalability and usability to....
..dApps for mass market adoption......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..TOKEN EVENT      .GET ON WHITELIST.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Twitter   ⦁   Telegram   ⦁   Blog   ⦁   Bitcointalk----
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:26:29 AM

I can't find my cog.f2 shares in my account. what's up ?

All of the COG.F funds are accounted for and the status of these will be updated on Friday.

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:36:29 AM

Cheers!

--Garrett

At least give the guys 2 weeks or so to sign up. Unless you are going to give the other guys by hand.

2 weeks is fair. Anything sooner is not really cool. Unless you will still get that to them somehow.

Yep I am going to have to do dividends by hand or hold dividends until people make accounts. I want to avoid this, so we will wait until 90% of shares are claimed on the exchange before issuing the first dividend.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 04:22:29 AM

I wish Havelock made an ANN or something but nice to see a new old asset on the exchange

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 04:32:09 AM

I wish Havelock made an ANN or something but nice to see a new old asset on the exchange

I really pushed them to have COG up quickly so that explains the lack of an update. Once everyone creates their accounts we should see some volume and hopefully and increase back up above the BTC0.5 IPO in March 2012 when BTC was sub $20 Smiley

Cheers,
Garrett

snowdropfore

Activity: 843
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 04:37:03 AM

i wish the cog shares price will stay at 0.3B per share.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
snowdropfore

Activity: 843
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:03:51 AM

lol,you are right, i didn't buy more shares before BTCT closing.,so i am kicking my ass all the time.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
theterabyte

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:26:41 AM

at long last, we can wank about the future value of COG again =)

Most of my past maths haven't really changed, but the rate of network increase has slightly leveled off over the last week or two.  I definitely don't think cog will be 2-4BTC like AsicMiner was at any time (unless we actually make the 1PH/s thing happen before anyone else, which is possible and AWESOME but I wouldn't bet on it).

That said, I think a really reasonable valuation could be 1BTC per share if we get our 28TH/s before the end of January and hear some really solid details on the next order as well (confidence we will be in the 200+ TH/s range, for example).  This is also contingent on cointerra not flooding the market TOO too much (just giving it all to us =). Obviously, the harder it is for the "average joe" to get CT equipment, the more valuable Garr's carefully constructed bulk pricing deals are =)

EDIT:  and in this context, when I say "leveled off" I mean "went from insanely exponential to just a little exponential".

My Bitcoin Tip Jar: 11Ws5nzwy44cMcymu6ddRxdp9uvDonNqB
stabs

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:35:19 AM

I haven't been able to track any doubts that Cointerra will not deliver in January.  What's the consensus?
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:45:29 AM

I haven't been able to track any doubts that Cointerra will not deliver in January.  What's the consensus?

I spoke with Ravi, CoinTerra CEO today and he has confirmed that our order is on time and will be delivered in January.

at long last, we can wank about the future value of COG again =)

Most of my past maths haven't really changed, but the rate of network increase has slightly leveled off over the last week or two.  I definitely don't think cog will be 2-4BTC like AsicMiner was at any time (unless we actually make the 1PH/s thing happen before anyone else, which is possible and AWESOME but I wouldn't bet on it).

That said, I think a really reasonable valuation could be 1BTC per share if we get our 28TH/s before the end of January and hear some really solid details on the next order as well (confidence we will be in the 200+ TH/s range, for example).  This is also contingent on cointerra not flooding the market TOO too much (just giving it all to us =). Obviously, the harder it is for the "average joe" to get CT equipment, the more valuable Garr's carefully constructed bulk pricing deals are =)

EDIT:  and in this context, when I say "leveled off" I mean "went from insanely exponential to just a little exponential".

I believe your estimations are pretty accurate here; the goal is to always be exponentially increasing hashrate and therefore share value Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: