Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:27:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock]  (Read 300467 times)
PinkBatman

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:44:50 PM

How about providing the payout address for Cognitive in order to prove your claims?

I second this - we need to see Cognitive's payout address.
I second this too.

Third

shareholder petition

fourth.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MilkyLep

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:19:20 PM

There's no way he was solo-mining guys. I think it's reasonable for us to come to this conclusion considering no address's have been supplied. "Garrett" has supposedly been mining since the early days, I find it insulting he would claim to waste 700GH on a doomed hope of solo-mining.

I don't understand the move to a less transparent mining co-op which provides no financial statements nor proof. Well I do but I'd rather not go there yet.

Wasn't there supposed to be another update on the 1st? or 2nd? or 3rd? or is it next week?

I realize you may be "busy" but the lack of attentiveness to those with valid concerns regarding this co-op is quite startling.

Your shareholders are losing hope.

Am i blunt? Yes. Am i being rude? If so it's unintentional.

But from what I see, too many questions are going unanswered.

Either you own the bitcoins(private keys) or you don't. However with moneroj, nobody knows what you own.
Secure. Private. Untraceable.
killerstorm
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:58:03 PM

I find it insulting he would claim to waste 700GH on a doomed hope of solo-mining.

Well, if code_red's calculations are right, he was expected to solo-mine two blocks. But there was significant probability he would mine zero, of course...

Problem is not so much "doomed hope" as zero accountability: there is no way for us to know how many block he have mined this way.

Chromia: a better dapp platform
killerstorm
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:19:51 PM

but we ended up getting 1/3 of a block?   is that right?

If it was actual solo mining (not p2pool), he got 0 blocks with it. Solo mining cannot yield fractions of a block.

Whatever coins he was able to mine, he got them from pool,  mineb.tc, as he says.

Chromia: a better dapp platform
silverfuture
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1008

central banking = outdated protocol

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 11:18:37 PM

but we ended up getting 1/3 of a block?   is that right?

If it was actual solo mining (not p2pool), he got 0 blocks with it. Solo mining cannot yield fractions of a block.

Whatever coins he was able to mine, he got them from pool,  mineb.tc, as he says.

i know he can't get a 1/3 of a block solo mining. my point was there is so much missing information we have no clue what is going on.

as someone who hold 700 shares and bought many of them over .6 BTC each im starting to get pretty pissed off...

I am in pretty deep as well. Garr, you had best come and talk to us here with some explanations. Silence is not what we need to hear.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NastyFans - The Fan Club for Bitcoin Enthusiasts | MININGCOINS | POOL | ESCROW
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
medicine

Activity: 697
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 11:22:57 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 12:42:56 AM by medicine

How about providing the payout address for Cognitive in order to prove your claims?

I second this - we need to see Cognitive's payout address.
I second this too.

Third

shareholder petition

fourth.
Fifth.  

I got out a couple weeks ago and feel pretty good about it.  Will consider getting back in if we get some answers, but I'm not holding my breath.

The good thing about bitcoin is it doesn't lie. 
keemao

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 05:54:12 AM

Sixth...

And where did cog f2 go???
Another "next week"Huh?
theterabyte

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:45:55 AM

I'm usually defending Garrett, I consider myself the 'voice of reason', and given the few talks I've had with him I feel like he's a pretty cool dude. That said...

1. The poor communication is not cool.  However, it's been said already, either Garrett will take it to heart, or ignore it to the determent of COG.  I hope the former.
2. If mistakes were made, a pool ripped us off or malfunctioned (a pool having luck that bad for that long is highly unlikely - technical problems or scam are more likely explanations) then fine - tell us that.  But without understanding the cause of the under-expectations returns, we have no way to know if it was a fluke, or something that impacts future returns as well...
3. Yelling at Garrett, Threatening Garrett, Threatening to sell COG, etc are all unproductive.
4. If available, data about our payout address / mining details would be super nice to help substantiate and understand what happened over the last 2 or so months
5. Moving forward, having a non-public payout address is simply not acceptable.  I can't think of a single drawback and it has every advantage to address the naysayers and add much needed transparency.

Occasional stints of poor communication aside, you've done a fine job running COG, Garret, I look forward to you addressing these issues.

Thanks!

(Sidenote:  If the expected return is X, and the actual return is Y, given the hashrate, difficulty, etc., there is a 50% chance X>Y and a 50% chance X<Y.  Furthermore, one could calculate the probability Y < 0.95X, Y < 0.90X, Y < 0.85X, etc etc.  I don't have the maths handy, but my intuition is that the probability Y < 0.5X over a period of 6 weeks is vanishingly small unless a malfunction or scam took place. For example, a pool with high latency will reject more shares and/or have more blocks rejected, hurting payouts by a predictable amount.  Maybe someone should run the math).

My Bitcoin Tip Jar: 11Ws5nzwy44cMcymu6ddRxdp9uvDonNqB
helloge
Legendary

Activity: 1057
Merit: 1000

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:47:29 PM

Sixth...

And where did cog f2 go???
Another "next week"Huh?
+1

▄▄███▄▄             
            ███████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄    ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
   ███████████▄▄     ███████████ 
         ▀▀█████████████▄▄       
     ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀█████████████▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄ ▀▀████████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
             ▀▀█████▀▀           

.CARDSTACK..............
...The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..Bringing scalability and usability to....
..dApps for mass market adoption......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..TOKEN EVENT      .GET ON WHITELIST.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Twitter   ⦁   Telegram   ⦁   Blog   ⦁   Bitcointalk----
keemao

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:50:08 PM

Yaay!!!
Cog f2 finally on Havelock!
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:03:24 PM

I'm usually defending Garrett, I consider myself the 'voice of reason', and given the few talks I've had with him I feel like he's a pretty cool dude. That said...

1. The poor communication is not cool.  However, it's been said already, either Garrett will take it to heart, or ignore it to the determent of COG.  I hope the former.
2. If mistakes were made, a pool ripped us off or malfunctioned (a pool having luck that bad for that long is highly unlikely - technical problems or scam are more likely explanations) then fine - tell us that.  But without understanding the cause of the under-expectations returns, we have no way to know if it was a fluke, or something that impacts future returns as well...
3. Yelling at Garrett, Threatening Garrett, Threatening to sell COG, etc are all unproductive.
4. If available, data about our payout address / mining details would be super nice to help substantiate and understand what happened over the last 2 or so months
5. Moving forward, having a non-public payout address is simply not acceptable.  I can't think of a single drawback and it has every advantage to address the naysayers and add much needed transparency.

Occasional stints of poor communication aside, you've done a fine job running COG, Garret, I look forward to you addressing these issues.

Thanks!

Hello all,

I do aim to resolve all of the issues at hand, and I apologize for this, but it is simply not feasible for me to read the forum more than once a day every day. You all ask a lot of me, and I ask to please be more patient in waiting for responses from me, so long as I do answer in a timely manner.

I have come up with a plan to satisfy all of these questions. Do do this, we're going to set up a way to view realtime and historic charts of Cognitive's hashrate, live payout address & balance, and possibly a live video feed of the miners, which will be available at http://cognitivemining.com/charts

I have not been logging hashrate so far, because there has been no demand for it. All of these things will be up and running by January.

I do understand the increased concern for the transparency due to the increased value of our coins, and I respect that highly. Moving to a pool where we have a dedicated payout address is the simplest and most important step to take, so I will do this before the next dividend, so we can start out the next dividend-week with the same payout address. Then there will be full transparency with the financials, because as we all know and love, bitcoin doesn't lie Smiley

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:04:38 PM

Also, COG.F and COG.F2 will be online today. Please create accounts at Havelock with the same email addresses used on BTC-TC and your shares will be deposited within one business day.

Cheers

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
silverfuture
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1008

central banking = outdated protocol

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:12:25 PM

Thanks!

Hello all,

I do aim to resolve all of the issues at hand, and I apologize for this, but it is simply not feasible for me to read the forum more than once a day every day. You all ask a lot of me, and I ask to please be more patient in waiting for responses from me, so long as I do answer in a timely manner.

I have come up with a plan to satisfy all of these questions. Do do this, we're going to set up a way to view realtime and historic charts of Cognitive's hashrate, live payout address & balance, and possibly a live video feed of the miners, which will be available at http://cognitivemining.com/charts

I have not been logging hashrate so far, because there has been no demand for it. All of these things will be up and running by January.

I do understand the increased concern for the transparency due to the increased value of our coins, and I respect that highly. Moving to a pool where we have a dedicated payout address is the simplest and most important step to take, so I will do this before the next dividend, so we can start out the next dividend-week with the same payout address. Then there will be full transparency with the financials, because as we all know and love, bitcoin doesn't lie Smiley

This is good news.  I have received my CogF shares to my account. Thank you.

NastyFans - The Fan Club for Bitcoin Enthusiasts | MININGCOINS | POOL | ESCROW
pascal257

Activity: 493
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:08:09 PM

Also, COG.F and COG.F2 will be online today. Please create accounts at Havelock with the same email addresses used on BTC-TC and your shares will be deposited within one business day.

Cheers
I am still waiting for my PT shares.

Hello all,

We want you to verify the last dividend payment. Your intent to verify upcoming dividends is nice, but not sufficient. Last dividend was terribly low, so you should understand why we want to verify it.
alincoln

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:38:40 PM

Cheers

How about FIMB? Is it going to Havelock too?
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:17:52 PM

Cheers

Indeed.

elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:27:42 PM

Cheers

Indeed.

Garr, can you please address the following.

1. where are you NOW mining since mineb.tc has closed?
2. why were you solo mining with 700GH? this was a massive gamble, which was reckless and unnecessary

ps. 2 weeks ago i was mining with 7TH/s and was not solo mining even though i would probably generated 3 -4 blocks within a difficulty change.
medicine

Activity: 697
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 12:09:23 AM

As always an incomplete response and another delay. 

Posting the addresses doesn't take much time.  I said I was feeling good about getting out a couple weeks ago and now I'm feeling really good.

We want you to verify the last dividend payment. Your intent to verify upcoming dividends is nice, but not sufficient. Last dividend was terribly low, so you should understand why we want to verify it.

helloge
Legendary

Activity: 1057

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:24:30 AM

when will cog.f2 open for trading in hl?

▄▄███▄▄             
            ███████████           
   ████████████▄▄    ███████████ 
         ▀▀████████████           
   ███████████▄▄     ███████████ 
         ▀▀█████████████▄▄       
     ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀█████████████▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄ ▀▀████████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
             ▀▀█████▀▀           

.CARDSTACK..............
...The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..Bringing scalability and usability to....
..dApps for mass market adoption......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..TOKEN EVENT      .GET ON WHITELIST.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Twitter   ⦁   Telegram   ⦁   Blog   ⦁   Bitcointalk----
snowdropfore

Activity: 843
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 04:36:40 AM

i got my cog f2 shares ,thank you garr

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: