May 29, 2024, 10:20:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: To Be or Not to Be
To Be - 41 (70.7%)
Not to Be - 17 (29.3%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 210 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SILKCOIN][DARKSILK PREANN][TESTING STORMNODES/DarkSIlk MARKET/I2P]  (Read 289449 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 11:12:03 PM

I am AWFUL at writing whitepapers, that's my only downfall.

I can write a good guide, OP or ReadMe, but whitepaper, urghhh.

https://www.constant-content.com/white-paper/writer/

Wink

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
SLievensDRKSLK

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 11:15:08 PM

I am AWFUL at writing whitepapers, that's my only downfall.

I can write a good guide, OP or ReadMe, but whitepaper, urghhh.

https://www.constant-content.com/white-paper/writer/

Wink

It is fine I have a basis of a white paper drawn up and will do my best to finalise it.

Again that service will cost moneys Cheesy
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 11:19:09 PM

Second Draft:

SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 11:23:40 PM

Both DarkSilk and Silkcoin will have DNS Seeders from launch:

ds1.darksilk.org

sc1.darksilk.org
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 11:38:46 PM

I just need to generate the genesis hash and other associated parameters to the new Silkcoin code and it is completed.

The swap for the new Silkcoin doesn't necessarily need to coincide with the DarkSilk/Weaver launch.

Instead in many ways it could be better to get the Silkcoin 2.0.0.0 launch out of the way to prevent it getting in the way (as such) of the launch of DarkSilk/Weaver.

But that being said it does either have to launch prior to, or at the same time as DarkSilk and Weaver.

Also this would be over a month period as well, so from the point of the swap starting the launch of DarkSilk/Weaver would then be another month from that point.

Peoples thoughts?
TimC
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 11:43:06 PM

I just need to generate the genesis hash and other associated parameters to the new Silkcoin code and it is completed.

The swap for the new Silkcoin doesn't necessarily need to coincide with the DarkSilk/Weaver launch.

Instead in many ways it could be better to get the Silkcoin 2.0.0.0 launch out of the way to prevent it getting in the way (as such) of the launch of DarkSilk/Weaver.

But that being said it does either have to launch prior to, or at the same time as DarkSilk and Weaver.

Peoples thoughts?

Do the Silk swap first and maybe some people watching may join in the launch of dark silk.
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 11:44:29 PM

Peoples thoughts?

Do the Silk swap first and maybe some people watching may join in the launch of dark silk.

I think it also stands as a good marker for myself and the team to work against to get DarkSilk/Weaver ready for when the swap period ends.
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 11:46:47 PM

Not sure who has contact with Poloniex but the SILK->SLK swapout could be handled by them.
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 11:52:29 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2015, 12:05:55 AM by SLievensDRKSLK

Code:
# **Silkcoin (SLK) Version 2.0.0.0**

Silkcoin Integration/Staging Tree
================================
![SLK logo](edit on release)

**Copyright (c) 2015 The Silkcoin Developers**

#### What is Silkcoin?
----------------
* Algorithm: Scrypt
* Coin Suffix: SLK
* PoW Period: 10,000 Blocks
* PoW Target Spacing: 60 Seconds
* PoW Difficulty Retarget: 10 Blocks
* PoW Reward per Block: 0 SLK
* Full Confirmation: 10 Blocks
* Maturity: 350 Blocks
* PoS Target Spacing: 64 Seconds
* PoS Difficulty Retarget: 10 Blocks
* PoS Reward: 2 SLK Static PoS Reward
* Minimum Confirmations for Stake: 350 Blocks
* PoS Min: 12 Hours
* PoS Max: Unlimited
* Total Coins: 2,000,000,000 SLK
* Block Size: 2MB (2X Bitcoin Core)

Silkcoin is a digital currency that enables instant payments to anyone, anywhere in the world. Silkcoin uses peer-to-peer technology over ClearNet to operate with no central authority (centralisation): managing transactions and issuing currency (SLK) are carried out collectively by the Silkcoin network. Silkcoin is the name of open source software which enables the use of the currency SLK.

**MainNet Parameters**
P2P Port = 16666
RPC Port = 16667

**TestNet Parameters**
P2P Port = 16668
RPC Port = 16669

Build Instructions for Qt5 Linux Wallet (Ubuntu)
================================================
//Install dependencies via Terminal:

$ sudo apt-get install make libqt5webkit5-dev libqt5gui5 libqt5core5a libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools qtcreator libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler build-essential libboost-dev libboost-all-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev libssl-dev libdb++-dev libstdc++6 libminiupnpc-dev libevent-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev git libpng-dev qrencode libqrencode-dev

//In terminal navigate to the Silkcoin-2.0 folder:

$ cd /home/Silkcoin-2.0

//Then:

$ qmake -qt=qt5 "USE_QRCODE=1" "USE_UPNP=1"

//Then:

$ make

//This will compile and build the Qt Wallet which takes a little while, please be patient.

//When finished you will have a file called Silkcoin - Simply Double Click

//end of guide

Build Instructions for Terminal Based Linux Wallet (Ubuntu)
===========================================================
//Install dependencies via Terminal:

$ sudo apt-get install build-essential libboost-all-dev libssl-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libminiupnpc-dev libdb++-dev libstdc++6 make

//In terminal navigate to the Silkcoin-2.0 folder:

$ cd /home/Silkcoin-2.0/src/

//Enter into the terminal:

$ make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=1

//This will produce a file named silkcoind which is the command line instance of Silkcoin

//Now type:

$ strip silkcoind

//When finished you will have a file called silkcoind

//To run Silkcoin

$ ./silkcoind &

//It will complain about having no silkcoin.conf file, we'll edit the one provided and move it into place

$ cd ..
$ nano silkcoin.conf

//Edit the Username and Password fields to anything you choose (but remember them) then save the file

$ mv silkcoin.conf /home/.silkcoin/
$ cd src/
$ ./silkcoind &

//The server will start. Here are a few commands, google for more.

$ ./silkcoind getinfo
$ ./silkcoind getmininginfo
$ ./silkcoind getnewaddresss

//end of guide

It is a fork of Blackcoin, with PoSv2/3, watch only addresses, split stake, individual PoS/PoW timings and also all the forks from Blackcoin removed and the code thoroughly cleaned and organised.

The specifications are the same as Silkcoin 1.* but with a change to stake and the reward.

In the original Silkcoin you had a PoS reward of 200%, which without going into depth is bad.

The code is now set to reward 2 SLK as a static pos reward and the combinedsplitstakethreshold is set to 200 SLK.
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 12:22:24 AM

We'll no longer be able to swap Silk for DarkSilk?

I am still ironing out the whole system of Weaver and the interaction between Silkcoin and DarkSilk.

One thing that is 100% is that Silkcoin will be relaunched and existing holders will be able to swap 1:1 for the new Silkcoin.

I am thinking about an IPO for both DarkSilk and Weaver Tokens which can be be purchased/swapped for BTC and also Silkcoin.

I want to continue development, grow the DarkSilk Foundation and be able to fund servers, marketing and other arising costs.

I'm a bit confused.
Originally it was stated that a silk to darksilk swap would take place.
Now Here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676976.msg13095871#msg13095871 it says it won't.
And Here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676976.msg13096699#msg13096699 it's not really clear.

I have been accumulating(increased position 20X) on the premise that a silk/dark swap would happen. Is this going to happen? Even if there is an IPO Silk should still be swapped for drkSilk. What is total coin count for drkSilk?

Also confused about the stated 1:1 swap. Total outstanding for current Silk according to block explorer is 46M and stated total coins of new Silk shows 2B. 1:1 seems way off.

Can we also get an explanation on Weaver Tokens? What are they, what is their purpose & where will their perceived value come from?

Please provide some clarification.

Thanks,
john

SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 12:47:21 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2015, 02:41:30 AM by SLievensDRKSLK

We'll no longer be able to swap Silk for DarkSilk?

I am still ironing out the whole system of Weaver and the interaction between Silkcoin and DarkSilk.

One thing that is 100% is that Silkcoin will be relaunched and existing holders will be able to swap 1:1 for the new Silkcoin.

I am thinking about an IPO for both DarkSilk and Weaver Tokens which can be be purchased/swapped for BTC and also Silkcoin.

I want to continue development, grow the DarkSilk Foundation and be able to fund servers, marketing and other arising costs.

I'm a bit confused.
Originally it was stated that a silk to darksilk swap would take place.
Now Here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676976.msg13095871#msg13095871 it says it won't.
And Here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676976.msg13096699#msg13096699 it's not really clear.

I have been accumulating(increased position 20X) on the premise that a silk/dark swap would happen. Is this going to happen? Even if there is an IPO Silk should still be swapped for drkSilk. What is total coin count for drkSilk?

Also confused about the stated 1:1 swap. Total outstanding for current Silk according to block explorer is 46M and stated total coins of new Silk shows 2B. 1:1 seems way off.

Can we also get an explanation on Weaver Tokens? What are they, what is their purpose & where will their perceived value come from?

Please provide some clarification.

Thanks,
john

First of all I want to relaunch Silkcoin at a 1:1 swap to sort out everyones issues with the wallet, code, sync etc.

This will stabilise the Silkcoin market, community and new users will hopefully be a lot happier using the Silkcoin network.

The swap would happen over a one month period and then markets would close for the original SILK.

During this time myself and the team wil continue to work on DarkSilk and Weaver.

In terms of the DarkSilk and Weaver launch I wish to do an IPO for both.

How this is actually carried out is something I am talking to the team about and also community members like yourself, I want to hear what people have to say.

The Weaver token system is something I am finalising and within due time all the info will be released.

John you have also looked at the total coins in circulation and not the total coins that will eventually be in circulation Wink

Silkcoin currently has around 46 million coins 43689457.85289941 in circulation and on block 1, 44m coins get mined, the total supply is 2 billion the same as the current Silkcoin everyone is using.

After block 1 all the PoW blocks give a 0 reward and just fees if the miner mines a block with a transaction. The DarkSilk Foundation will have miners setup to mine the 9999 PoW blocks which give 0 reward + fees to simply carry the network into a stable PoS mining coin.
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 01:25:56 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2015, 01:30:37 PM by SLievensDRKSLK

DarkSilk
https://github.com/DRKSLK

Silkcoin
https://github.com/Silkcoin

Weaver
http://darksilk.org (under construction)
cisahasa
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 01:59:50 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2015, 03:40:20 AM by cisahasa

combinedsplitstakethreshold/split values are only in the code?
values can not be configured with conf file.
but you can do it by custom wallet, change values to what ever you want.
?

when diff goes higher you may want to use bigger inputs..

SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 02:54:05 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2015, 01:36:12 PM by SLievensDRKSLK

Here is the code from the original Silkcoin, which can be found in main.h (https://github.com/palmd/silkcoin/blob/master/src/main.h):

static const int64_t MAX_MONEY = 2000000000 * COIN;
static const int64_t COIN_YEAR_REWARD = 2 * CENT; // 1% per year

So the first line states the total coins that will be produced from the Silkcoin network, 2 billion coins.

The second line states in its comment that its 1% PoS interest per year, well as we can see it says 2 * CENT which is in fact 2% PoS interest per year.

static const int64_t CENT = 1000000;

Anyway either way the code of the new Silkcoin is clear, concise and does exactly what it says on the tin.

Also with its 64 second block times and 2MB block size Silkcoin 2.0.0.0 can carry 12x as many transactions per block compared to Bitcoin.

DarkSilk has the same block time of 64 seconds for PoS but its final blocksize will be 10MB which means it can carry 60x as many transactions per block compared to Bitcoin.

As you stated John there are ~43 million Silkcoin in CIRCULATION.

Here is the code from Silkcoin 2.0.0.0 to give the swap amount on block 1 and 0 rewards thereafter:

// miner's coin base reward
int64_t GetProofOfWorkReward(int64_t nFees)
{
    if (pindexBest->nHeight == 0) {
        int64_t nSubsidy = 44000000 * COIN; // SLK for Swap from Silkcoin v1.*
        LogPrint("creation", "GetProofOfWorkReward() : create=%s nSubsidy=%d\n", FormatMoney(nSubsidy), nSubsidy);
        return nSubsidy + nFees;
    }
    else
    {
        int64_t nSubsidy = 0 * COIN;
        LogPrint("creation", "GetProofOfWorkReward() : create=%s nSubsidy=%d\n", FormatMoney(nSubsidy), nSubsidy);
        return nSubsidy + nFees;
    }
}
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 01:37:26 PM

combinedsplitstakethreshold/split values are only in the code?
values can not be configured with conf file.
but you can do it by custom wallet, change values to what ever you want.
?

when diff goes higher you may want to use bigger inputs..

Split threshold can be increased prior to launch cisa to counter any issues prior to them happening Wink
ripstop

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 01:38:08 PM

I read earlier that you included nodes in the latest version, yet it seems it does not. I have only been able to find one post of yours containing one node which is not enough for proper sync and confirmation. Please advise.
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 01:46:13 PM

I read earlier that you included nodes in the latest version, yet it seems it does not. I have only been able to find one post of yours containing one node which is not enough for proper sync and confirmation. Please advise.

I have never added nodes to the Silkcoin wallet?

Silkcoin nodes are provided by the community and I do not host any personally.

I do provide a blockchain.dat from my GitHub - https://github.com/scdeveloper/

Are you getting confused with me talking about Silkcoin 2.0.0.0 which I am working on for the swapout?
ripstop

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 02:32:38 PM

Are you getting confused with me talking about Silkcoin 2.0.0.0 which I am working on for the swapout?

The OP says otherwise :

Previous updates - since 1.0.9.2 and later
Fixed crashes (all platforms)
Added seednodes for users unable to get nodes
Fixed missing dll issue with windows
Fixed file permisions for unix/macos
Fixed QT crash on startup (all os)
Updated/fixed checkpoints
many more - please refer to repo for addtional information

Maybe it is a misunderstanding, if so can someone post a few nodes so that i may update my chain ? Thanks.
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 03:36:52 PM

The OP says otherwise :

Previous updates - since 1.0.9.2 and later
Fixed crashes (all platforms)
Added seednodes for users unable to get nodes
Fixed missing dll issue with windows
Fixed file permisions for unix/macos
Fixed QT crash on startup (all os)
Updated/fixed checkpoints
many more - please refer to repo for addtional information

Maybe it is a misunderstanding, if so can someone post a few nodes so that i may update my chain ? Thanks.

Yeah the misunderstanding is that I am a new developer for Silkcoin and Darksilk. The original Silkcoin code is not my handywork.
Empinel

Activity: 149
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 03:48:12 PM

I can make a whitepaper for DarkSilk,, it looks like an honest project....

Also, suggestion - instead of SWAPPING, try this:

- Be able to import privkeys from the old slikcoin wallet to the darksilk wallet and get the same coins
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 210 »
  Print  

Jump to: