Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:47:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679272 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bitmaster1x
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

CRYPTO-CITY.COM 🌟 Communities

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 06:55:59 PM

@Presstab.

I've noticed that when selecting coins for splitting. If the inputs are over 400-500 (I can't remember the exact number) it will fail.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 07:25:17 PM

@Presstab.

I've noticed that when selecting coins for splitting. If the inputs are over 400-500 (I can't remember the exact number) it will fail.

Yeah thats way too large. Honestly it has a hard time if it is more than 100, maybe I should put a hard cap in there.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
bitmaster1x
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 07:54:45 PM

@Presstab.

Yeah thats way too large. Honestly it has a hard time if it is more than 100, maybe I should put a hard cap in there.

The majority of crypto wallets suffer from this DB issue and once the file size gets to around 500MB or more it virtually becomes unusable.

presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 09:26:13 PM

@Presstab.

The majority of crypto wallets suffer from this DB issue and once the file size gets to around 500MB or more it virtually becomes unusable.

Wait i thought you meant splitting into 400-500 inputs. Is that not what you meant?

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
bitmaster1x
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 10:54:53 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2017, 06:08:09 PM by bitmaster1x

@Presstab.

Wait i thought you meant splitting into 400-500 inputs. Is that not what you meant?

Sorry about that... the latter stuff is just the byproduct of all the stuff  combined (as a large wallet.dat file), but yes, the number of inputs is the main culprit which basically affect the wallets ability to send, combine or split because after a certain number of inputs it fails whether it is selected from the coin control or automatically.

This is what I mean: https://www.crypto-city.com/index.php/photo/5750/selections-in-coin-control-over-a-certain-quantity-will-throw-a-fail-to-cre/

iantunc

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

We are the first to program your future (c)

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 08:27:27 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2017, 10:31:58 AM by iantunc

@Presstab.

Sorry about that... the latter stuff is just the byproduct of all the stuff  combined (as a large wallet.dat file), but yes, the number of inputs is the main culprit which basically affect the wallets ability to send, combine or split because after a certain number of inputs it fails whether it is selected from the coin control or automatically.

If the big number of UTXO's is your staking strategy (mine too), and that makes your life difficult, you can scale the wallet horizontally, i.e., set up a second staking machine and move a part of UTXO's there. It also adds extra security. I'm starting to think about it Smiley

HyperStake bootstrap server - hyperstrap.ml
HyperStake supply gain prediction graph - hypsupply.ml
bitmaster1x
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2017, 11:12:36 PM

@Presstab.

If the big number of UTXO's is your staking strategy (mine too), and that makes your life difficult, you can scale the wallet horizontally, i.e., set up a second staking machine and move a part of UTXO's there. It also adds extra security. I'm starting to think about it Smiley

Ya. I have like 10 machines, but it definitely is an issue when sending a transaction and if it includes over a certain number of blocks (over 500) it will fail to create the transaction.

presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 06:28:05 PM

@Presstab.

Ya. I have like 10 machines, but it definitely is an issue when sending a transaction and if it includes over a certain number of blocks (over 500) it will fail to create the transaction.

The best thing to do is to not create transactions that large. I think there is even a limit to transaction size, I will have to look that up in the code.

iantunc

Activity: 433

We are the first to program your future (c)

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 08:32:38 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2017, 08:24:20 AM by iantunc

@Presstab.

The best thing to do is to not create transactions that large. I think there is even a limit to transaction size, I will have to look that up in the code.

I have looked in the code. There is a limit of 100 kb per wallet transaction in the bitcoin code (manual transactions can be as big as the max block size). I haven't found such limit in the HYP code yet. Anyway, I also think that it's not a good practice to create too heavy transactions which consume not only disk space but CPU resources of every node and can potentially be an attack vector.

HyperStake bootstrap server - hyperstrap.ml
HyperStake supply gain prediction graph - hypsupply.ml
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 03:36:30 PM

I have looked in the code. There is a limit of 100 kb per wallet transaction in the bitcoin code (manual transactions can be as big as the max block size). I haven't found such limit in the HYP code yet. Anyway, I also think that it's not a good practice to create too heavy transactions which consume not only disk space but CPU resources of every node and can potentially be an attack vector.

Yes I agree, just be a responsible HYPster and create smaller transactions if possible.

On another note, has anyone thought about the possibility of using segwit with PoS? I have begun looking through the segwit code for bitcoin. Although we don't have a scaling problem, segwit solves some other problems such as malleability. It could be interesting subject to explore.

bitmaster1x
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 07:34:19 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2017, 04:16:45 PM by bitmaster1x

Yes I agree, just be a responsible HYPster and create smaller transactions if possible.

On another note, has anyone thought about the possibility of using segwit with PoS? I have begun looking through the segwit code for bitcoin. Although we don't have a scaling problem, segwit solves some other problems such as malleability. It could be interesting subject to explore.

That does sound interesting, I've not seen anyone try to push HYP to its limits yet... However, I'm sure if it gets popular someone would likely try.

Something that might be of interest to look into over time is the wallets inability to deal a large number of records in the wallet.dat. This isn't HYP specific, but a general crypto wallet DB issue. Maybe a new parallel DB core engine and schema?  Someone might have fun with this.

bitmaster1x
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 10:54:26 AM

hello - its been a while !   I have been out of the crypto world for a while now, but now have more time to commit.

HYP was my first "real" coin i got involved in so would love to see it succeed again - I am starting from a 0 HYP position (unless there is something lurking in one of my wallets which I am trying to get all synced up again!) so nothing to gain in the short term.

Please let me know if there are any active projects which I can help with ?

Welcome back into the fold.  You can go, but you can never leave. Grin

BitsifyOfficial

Activity: 284

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:56:14 AM

hello - its been a while !   I have been out of the crypto world for a while now, but now have more time to commit.

HYP was my first "real" coin i got involved in so would love to see it succeed again - I am starting from a 0 HYP position (unless there is something lurking in one of my wallets which I am trying to get all synced up again!) so nothing to gain in the short term.

Welcome back into the fold.  You can go, but you can never leave. Grin

Lol so true! It haunts you till the day you die  Cheesy
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 04:35:04 PM

hello - its been a while !   I have been out of the crypto world for a while now, but now have more time to commit.

jaybeeuk great to see you back here. I myself have stayed pretty busy with a lot of other crypto-currency 'for hire' jobs, and have unfortunately not had time to develop HYP within the last year. Fortunately it was left in a great state and still works very well. I am starting up with a few ideas and looking over the codebase.

I don't know if there are any active projects, I would guess not. But let me know if you start working on something.

I would personally like to work on some code for staking activated governance system implemented in HyperStake. It would allow us to make decisions for HYP without as much smoke and mirrors. For example, there is absolutely no reason to continue hashing the block header in X11 instead of sha256, it just adds over 11 times more strain to the syncing process and no additional security.

bitmaster1x
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 05:06:45 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2017, 02:48:05 PM by bitmaster1x

jaybeeuk great to see you back here. I myself have stayed pretty busy with a lot of other crypto-currency 'for hire' jobs, and have unfortunately not had time to develop HYP within the last year. Fortunately it was left in a great state and still works very well. I am starting up with a few ideas and looking over the codebase.

I don't know if there are any active projects, I would guess not. But let me know if you start working on something.

I would personally like to work on some code for staking activated governance system implemented in HyperStake. It would allow us to make decisions for HYP without as much smoke and mirrors. For example, there is absolutely no reason to continue hashing the block header in X11 instead of sha256, it just adds over 11 times more strain to the syncing process and no additional security.

Sounds like a plan. Having a mobile app for person to person transfer wouldn't hurt either. Smiley

Soon we're going to offer limited goods and services in exchange for HYP @ Crypto-city once we roll out our store front for our global crypto citizens.  Grin

billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 03:15:09 PM

i smell a hardfork coming.....

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 03:27:16 PM

i smell a hardfork coming.....

Changing the algorithm from x11 back to sha56d would require a hardfork. It is not super high priority, but it does make a different for a coin with over 1 million blocks.

I did see that miner (staker in our case) activated forks are in fact a feature in the HYP codebase.

presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 03:33:46 PM

Sounds like a plan. Having a mobile app for person to person transfer wouldn't hurt either. Smiley

Soon we're going to offer limited goods and services in exchange for HYP @ Crypto-city once we roll out our store front for our global crypto citizens.  Grin

Mobile app would be fantastic. Maybe we can poke our heads around and see what the pricing is for that.

Also as many use cases for HYP as possible the better, so that is great news concerning crypto-city

presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 06:47:55 PM

Mobile app would be fantastic. Maybe we can poke our heads around and see what the pricing is for that.

Also as many use cases for HYP as possible the better, so that is great news concerning crypto-city

you must do somthing dev. dont let this coin be like this.. if there is some good news happening i now the price of this coin will increase
look at xby coin it increase from 1 satoshi to 300+

this coin has the potentials

I am working on HYP right now. Nothing major will happen over night though. I am just making some small efficiency changes to the code here and there. If you are looking for major developments in the core code over night, its not going to happen. HYP is time proven, so I don't see any reason to rush out with shit code instead of being more methodical.

Trololoh

Activity: 461

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 09:57:05 AM

@presstab
If you going to add segwit don't forget to add LN as well.
Pages: « 1 ... 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: