Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:45:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328439 times)
threecats

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 06:05:45 AM

James i might sound just a tad greedy but here are my thoughts.

As you have stated that BTCD is the spine that holds everything together why do you not limit the IPO to BTCD investors proportionate to their current BTCD holdings?

Say you want 1000BTC raised. If i have 10% of BTCD coins i would have the option to buy 100BTC worth of the IPO. If there is not enough people that take this option then open it up to everyone else after.

The reasoning behind this would be that, firstly people that want to be in the supernetwork IPO will need to buy BTCD and keep up the buy demand and secondly the profits from the rising of the other coins that join the supernetwork would be feed back to the BTCD holders.

This was also my original thought. Isn't there someway to build in this valuation / ipo idea into BTCD itself, rather than create a seperate asset class? Both to reward holders and to strengthen the coin ... ? Or to clearly connect the two as pondsea suggests.
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 06:05:51 AM

You have a floppy disc in your  computer?  Shocked

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Reishicoin

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 06:24:02 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2014, 06:38:58 AM by Reishicoin

the multiwalletcoin devs have put in some inovative features into their coin. they might be happy to collaborate on the teleport supernetwork. oh and yes i have a small investment in it  Grin
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 06:45:35 AM

As you have stated that BTCD is the spine that holds everything together why do you not limit the IPO to BTCD investors proportionate to their current BTCD holdings?

Say you want 1000BTC raised. If i have 10% of BTCD coins i would have the option to buy 100BTC worth of the IPO. If there is not enough people that take this option then open it up to everyone else after.

The reasoning behind this would be that, firstly people that want to be in the supernetwork IPO will need to buy BTCD and keep up the buy demand and secondly the profits from the rising of the other coins that join the supernetwork would be feed back to the BTCD holders.

This was also my original thought. Isn't there someway to build in this valuation / ipo idea into BTCD itself, rather than create a seperate asset class? Both to reward holders and to strengthen the coin ... ? Or to clearly connect the two as pondsea suggests.
Initial feedback is that the IPO could raise a significant percentage of BTCD marketcap
With the funds being used to hodl other coins, it is possible but not natural to put this into BTCD itself
So, I am making 5% bonus for BTCD denominated IPO deposits, this gives reward to BTCD holders and still keeps it fair for new money to come in. Remember that BTCD is benefiting from center of the spiral

James

P.S. I just got confirmation that Poloniex will be hosting the IPO

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
Fern

Activity: 247

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 06:49:24 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2014, 07:11:56 AM by Fern

I agree. My initial thought is this IPO weakens BTCD. Just seems like it's getting more and more diluted in a way.

Perhaps it is the right idea, this Jl777 train keeps on gathering steam...
Warfare2020

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 07:16:19 AM

come on community.i think all of us could invest james' IPO project!

Get Free VpnCoin, Join BitNet ! VgyrAqyecP8VZvDyEtEcq9E5AMyZjrULqp
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 07:18:39 AM

I agree. My initial thought is this IPO weakens BTCD. Just seems like it's getting more and more diluted in a way.

Did sharkfund weaken InstantDEX?
Maybe you can trust my judgement?
I would rather have small percent of something really really big, than big percent of something small
Just do the math

You need to visualize dozen coins all cross marketing and helping each other. These coins get an inherent advantage over other coins with similar features but not part of Supernetwork. So they all rise in coinmarketcap together. This then keeps attracting more and more coins to apply, but only the ones with something to offer are added

So, now belonging to Supernetwork is a seal of technical approval and also testament that the coin has unique value.

Now what is in the center of all this? What is the engine that gives it power?

Or we could just try to spend a few years to get to 100,000 users.
I prefer to get there in some few months, with a much higher probability of success.
No coin is going to overtake BTC itself. We all need to work together to help BTC do as well as it can against fiat. For this I cannot do it myself, I need the other coin devs and communities

Crypto should not be a bunch of squabbling islands. We can each have our own nice tropical island, but connect them all with a Teleport system so you can visit any other island like it is right next door.

James

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 07:25:08 AM

come on community.i think all of us could invest james' IPO project!
Dont put too much in.
I suggest 10% to 33%

The ROI profile is very difficult to determine, especially as there will be some overlaps for the BTCD revenue shares
My sense is that the ROI for Supernetwork will be less than for BTCD, but there is a chance for it to have some really good short term gains and it will be less risky just due to the amount of BTC I expect it will have mostly sitting there. Of course the wild card is what new services will new coins bring to Supernetwork. I think the best and brightest will be wanting to join, so that means the best services of unknown types. The click revenues will be going more to Supernetwork than BTCD, that is only fair, so this is the wild card factor in favor of Supernetwork

The fact that Supernetwork supports a crypto unification cause might also be a factor. My recommendation is based purely on expected financial ROI, adjust upward if you are wanting to support the unification cause

James

Fern

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 07:31:58 AM

I would rather have small percent of something really really big, than big percent of something small
Just do the math

You need to visualize dozen coins all cross marketing and helping each other. These coins get an inherent advantage over other coins with similar features but not part of Supernetwork. So they all rise in coinmarketcap together. This then keeps attracting more and more coins to apply, but only the ones with something to offer are added

So, now belonging to Supernetwork is a seal of technical approval and also testament that the coin has unique value.

I prefer to get there in some few months, with a much higher probability of success.
No coin is going to overtake BTC itself. We all need to work together to help BTC do as well as it can against fiat. For this I cannot do it myself, I need the other coin devs and communities

Crypto should not be a bunch of squabbling islands. We can each have our own nice tropical island, but connect them all with a Teleport system so you can visit any other island like it is right next door.

James

It's all so freaking ambitious it just takes a while to sink in. I understand your point about making things happen instead of waiting.

Thanks for making it clearer.

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 07:35:06 AM

Just do the math

James

It's all so freaking ambitious it just takes a while to sink in. I understand your point about making things happen instead of waiting.

Thanks for making it clearer.

yes I think it is probably my biggest idea to date!
Good thing that the entire crypto world will be helping to make it real
It is like we are all working together to build a giant spaceship.
No single coin can possible do this
Together it is guaranteed to succeed!

Fern

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 08:11:30 AM

Shit, I thought you were joking about needing dilithium crystals! Spaceship = Supernetwork, Crystals = BTCD

I can feel the warp core heating up.
Creat0r

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 08:25:31 AM

Dear James,

Will Supernetwork IPO be after Teleport release?

KL

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 08:28:22 AM

Dear James,

KL
yes
IPO will last 2 to 4 weeks and Poloniex will deal with all the details
I am recruiting people to filter all the applicants
I just had some time available as I was waiting for the release from BTCDdev, so I figured I should do something productive

James

SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 09:02:13 AM

Dear James,

KL
yes
I just had some time available as I was waiting for the release from BTCDdev, so I figured I should do something productive

James

I am amazed, just speechless. I will for sure move some of my BTCD assets to the supernetwork IPO. As you know, I am an XC supporter as well (basically from day 1) I mentioned the supernetwork in their thread, if we would get XC on board that would be awesome.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 09:05:41 AM

Dear James,

KL
yes

James

I am amazed, just speechless. I will for sure move some of my BTCD assets to the supernetwork IPO. As you know, I am an XC supporter as well (basically from day 1) I mentioned the supernetwork in their thread, if we would get XC on board that would be awesome.
I have about half a dozen spots for anon terminals available for Teleport Station
I am setting up a mini-group to take the workload off of me to deal with the business and tech stuff, so once we get in gear, it will just need me to make some few suggestions and approve/decline the deals

criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 09:12:00 AM

Dear James,

KL
yes

James

I have about half a dozen spots for anon terminals available for Teleport Station
I am setting up a mini-group to take the workload off of me to deal with the business and tech stuff, so once we get in gear, it will just need me to make some few suggestions and approve/decline the deals

Maybe you could take a look at axr, it might be worth it. I think their dev has similar goals like you Smiley

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 09:14:02 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2014, 09:38:44 AM by SpringfieldM1A

Dear James,

KL
yes

James

Excellent, it's up to the XC dev team and community to decide on being involved, but humble me as an investor sees nothing but advantages. It's like the airport analogy you used, with different coins being the check ins into the network/Teleport. In a sense of development and sheer brains and philosophy behind each respective platform I think of you and Dan (XC) the highest, so joining forces would be one heck of a multiplier for both in my opinion.
suchnekky

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 09:21:44 AM

Dear James,

KL
yes

James
Will the ipo be capped or unlimited?

• ⓢⓤⓒⓗⓝⓔⓚⓚⓨ •
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 09:45:55 AM

Dear James,

KL
yes

James
Will the ipo be capped or unlimited?
no cap
unlimited total, unlimited per person

darkslash

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 09:54:34 AM

no cap...

Pages: « 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: