Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:22:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328438 times)
DannyElfman

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 10:38:54 PM

Anyone got a fundamental reason for me to buy this coin over all the other similar coins?

Look on the previous page at post 3044. Download the paper and decide for yourself.

Is there a TL;DR version before I start?

This spot for rent.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Conurtrol

Activity: 478

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 10:46:24 PM

Anyone got a fundamental reason for me to buy this coin over all the other similar coins?

Look on the previous page at post 3044. Download the paper and decide for yourself.

No. Don't be lazy when money is involved.
DannyElfman

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 10:47:58 PM

Haha, good point!

Just read the Summary and a few pages. Interesting concept, though I am not yet sure if it is 100% trustfree!

This spot for rent.
Conurtrol

Activity: 478

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 10:51:09 PM

Haha, good point!

Just read the Summary and a few pages. Interesting concept, though I am not yet sure if it is 100% trustfree!

There is a mathematical analysis in progress by former uni maths professor mthcl. Peer review will be necessary as well.
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 10:54:14 PM

Here is the Dark Paper till someone posts it on this thread.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mtWtJ6gzetSo2CNBHHO16FDLM5wF0_HhDTATzUKiVJ0/edit?usp=sharing

This is how i pictured it after a few reads though whilst was sleep deprived

Im sure i will keep adding to it after a few more reads  Grin

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 10:57:56 PM

James,

1. Can you tell us when the PR campaign is scheduled for launch?

2. Can you clarify what total number of coins will be and when? (bitcoindark.org still saying 22 Million Total)
Way back I thought I read here there will be ~3M Total. The website needs updateing if I recall this as correct.

~darylluke.
I am not doing PR stuff, need to ask Azeh

There are less than 1.2 million coins, 5% per year growth (MAX)
I am seeing ~100 new coins a day and while compounding will gradually increase this, it will take a while.
so it will take decades to reach 22 million!

Just using approx, 1.05 ^ Nth power:

this is 62.8% growth every decade.

1.628 * 1.2 million = 1.95 million BTCD in 10 years
2.653 * 1.2 million = 3.18 million BTCD in 20 years
4.322 * 1.2 million = 5.19 million BTCD in 30 years
18.68 * 1.2 million = 22.4 million BTCD in 60(!) years

Now the above is assuming 5% and we are seeing closer to 4%, so it will probably take longer than 60 years to reach 22 million. BTCD is a generational coin to be passed down from one generation to the next (without inheritance taxes unless you dont mind govt confiscating your family's wealth just because they can used to be able to)

So you can see that anybody that is day trading BTCD is gambling with their and their family's future wealth, but this is everybody's choice. We are up to 10% of all BTCD per day being traded and this is too high. HODL, I say HODL

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 11:04:17 PM

Haha, good point!

There is an option to do trusted teleports, but only recommended when doing it between two parties that have other methods to punish bad behavior, eg. between two departments of same company, family, yourself <-> yourself. The last one should be fine unless you suffer from multiple personalities Smiley The big advantage to trusted teleports is that the anon set that you can be correlated against is not just the clonings during a small (10 minute to 1 hour) time window, but the entire duration of time between your cloning and the next cloning of a telepod. Now if you dont even clone and just send an uncloned (trusted) telepod, well, now who can possibly identify you? The sender and receiver that you got the telepod from and sent it to. So, if you do this from a new acct that nobody knows is yours, even these two parties cannot compromise you.

The privacyServers I made optional, but it hides your IP address, so it is a very good option. They only see the destination of the encrypted packets, so not much harm even if they are compromised. With the multisig (up to 254 pieces) of each telepod being onion routed to random intermediate nodes, it will be quite difficult for any attacker to make much correlations, especially when overall Teleport traffic starts getting higher and higher.

Plz identify ANY trustpoints, I worked very hard to eliminate them, but I do make mistakes and the sooner they are identified and corrected, the sooner we all become safer from govt tyranny over our finances and by extension the rest of our lives

James

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 11:06:29 PM

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mtWtJ6gzetSo2CNBHHO16FDLM5wF0_HhDTATzUKiVJ0/edit?usp=sharing

Yes, now make the exit the anon card Smiley

or make the exit go back to the one that created the telepod! That was Cassius's idea, very cool. You make a telepod, a bunch of transfers and clonings and eventually you get it back. With the chance of trusted teleports, not even sure how many people had the telepod, let alone who

James

clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 11:07:11 PM

can someone cut and paste sections of the DarkPaper and post them in sequence here?
If you open up half a dozen windows and prepare each one (make sure doesnt exceed size limit)
then you can post one after the other and make sure they are all consecutive
I want to make sure the text of DarkPaper is accessible even if my server is taken offline

I'm on it!

Edit:  btw, how do I know when I've reached the size limit
click preview if it doesnt fit there is warning

Just had it all ready to go and then my Firefox crashed and everything was gone when I reloaded it.  My daughter just woke up so unfortunately I'm unable to attempt this again.  Can someone please make this happen?

Apologies!!

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 11:17:34 PM

Haha, good point!

There is a mathematical analysis in progress by former uni maths professor mthcl. Peer review will be necessary as well.
Yes, I welcome any and all critiques. I always make mistakes, so there is a chance I didnt find all of them. I need everybody to imagine they are a pirate with the treasure (telepod) and using common sense see if anybody can trick you or steal it from you without you finding out.

Teleport doesnt rely on fancy math that few people can understand, so any intelligent person should be able to grasp the fundamentals. It might take several readings and some quality time thinking about it, dont worry if at first it doesnt seem to make sense. When I first got hit with this idea last week, I at first didnt believe it would work, but while there were some super tricky parts (entry, exit, error handling) with public sources of telepods (direct withdraw from Chinese exchange, faucets, aged telepod vendors!, tradebots), anon card to fiat, and 3000 lines of code, I believe these weak spots are fully addressed.

It is like going to the airport. You are fully identified, no chance to avoid being detected (maybe you can pass off some false identity docs, but lets not count on that). Now you are in midflight and Teleport! you are somewhere else and someone else is in your spot. Once in hyperspace an arbitrary number of tx later, Teleport back into your seat, you exit the plane go through customs and identified all over again.

So you see the entry and exit from Teleporting is the key weakness, we need to have people/tradebots/companies that dont mind being identified to do this public showing. Everything in between is virtually untraceable. A giant attacker with nearly infinite resources to monitor all Internet traffic, analyze any unencrypted chatter you make, could certainly get some non-random correlations on you. However, my assessment is that it would be much cheaper for them to just put a physical surveillance on you. What that means is that only criminals have to worry about the big brother, like it should be. Normal people doing normal things should not have to worry that ALL of their internet usage is logged into a govt database. It is happening and most dont know this. Maybe its no big deal, or maybe you use the wrong phrase, it gets flagged and some events later you are in some govt holding cell answering questions to some govt worker who is convinced you are evil criminal.

Govt have way too much power. Money is very strong and not only do they just print it, they are trying to monitor every single use of it.

James

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 11:23:54 PM

Yes, now make the exit the anon card Smiley

or make the exit go back to the one that created the telepod! That was Cassius's idea, very cool. You make a telepod, a bunch of transfers and clonings and eventually you get it back. With the chance of trusted teleports, not even sure how many people had the telepod, let alone who

James
any chance for diagram of a 100 of 254 multisig teleport?
then overlay many of them at the same time onto the same set of nodes
this is what I envisioned and was hard to sleep much Smiley

If all the nodes are always participating in creation or retransmit of telepod multisig fragments, then there is no way to know if they are sending or receiving especially since the size of a retransmit packet is the same as an originate packet. So these packets are flying all across Internet in encrypted point to point UDP packets (each hub that can accept UDP is a point) and after M of them are received by the receiving node, the teleport is complete. I think there is a bit of a weakness here with the current implementation. The response packet has different size than the fragments, so packet size analysis could detect you just received a complete telepod. Granted it would not be easy to trace back from where, but I want to eliminate all leaks, so need to add to the todo list to make all packets the same size. This is not so good for network capacity, maybe I make this an option at higher privacy level

James

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 11:25:47 PM

cool!
never knew such services existed
So, now the DarkPaper is out and cannot be erased
I feel better

When I get stable source code, we need to do the same with it so if anything does happen to me, others can continue my work

darylluke

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 11:42:58 PM

AVAST gave me a virus threat notice, so I passed on downloading this.....

*ANY chance to convert this to .pdf format and get that link up here?

~darylluke.
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 11:47:09 PM

~darylluke.

I have a shared google doc a few posts up if that is any better.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 11:47:35 PM

~darylluke.
http://209.126.70.170/DarkPaper.pdf

Timevortex

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 11:47:57 PM

Anybody else having trouble accessing btcd.xpool.ca  ?  It is hashing fine but cant see my miner stats

figroll

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 11:48:34 PM

Alternate viewing of Dark Paper can be found at:

http://www.flipgorilla.com/p/23023990364728535/show

.pdf download available also.
pvnamk19

Activity: 178

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:00:55 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2014, 12:35:04 AM by pvnamk19

I'm just using the Windows BitcoinDark-qt. I could really do with more information about stuff like backing up/restoring wallets, using keys, etc. Is that information in this long thread or elsewhere - I haven't been able to find it.
+1 and how to stake our BTCD safely & efficently
darylluke

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:04:48 AM

*DARK PAPER (PDF) guidelines/explanation of Bitcoindark just issued by develop James:

http://209.126.70.170/DarkPaper.pdf

~darylluke.
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:08:34 AM

dark.xpool.ca is currently down :/

Not sure if I'll receive outstanding accepted shares this time around.  Price currently ~0.00365 on Cryptsy.  Massive dumping taking place.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: