Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:07:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328438 times)
Grillo

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:20:44 PM

Am I on a fork??
Network weight is only 54k??
68640blocks..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cloudboy

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:24:11 PM

Am I on a fork??
Network weight is only 54k??
68640blocks..

No, that's correct.
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 10:24:34 PM

While I am waiting for some mgwBTCD tests, I was looking at all the green on coinmarketcap today. So after yesterday's sea of red, we get all coins recovering some part of it today. I think for a lot of coins since the loss was caused by liquidity squeeze they will regain most of what they lost. Though some coins are going through the DCB (dead cat bounce) stage and I fear bargain hunters in some coins will be burned.

The interesting thing about all this is that while the other coins were losing 10%, 20% or even 40%, BTCD hardly budged. Ignoring the bots small volume games, the prices held quite close to the .0045 level. Now today, the recovery and BTCD price is hardly moving. Not sure what this means, its almost like BTCD is existing outside the "normal" crypto universe.

Maybe it is because ~75% is staking and off the market? Not sure, such observing.

Ah, seems I have a few bugs to fix, but I am hoping to get mgwBTCD operational soon. After all these build issues and dealing the NXT's Digital Goods Store coming online and changing some low level syntax, I am not in the mood for difficult coding today, so might as well push forward in the easier areas. One good thing about doing so many things is that there is usually something that I am ready to do, so each day makes progress, just sometimes in unexpected areas.

More as I get some tangible results. I did manage to get BTCD deposits to multisig address working and even got a withdraw, but something is getting confused due to the new API that wasnt backwards compatible. I made a big fuss about this in NXT land and until the 50 mil heist, it was the hot topic, but at least moving forward I have promises that new releases of NXT wont be breaking deployed production systems, especially the #1 most popular NXT addon service like MGW! It is already the #1 exchange for NXT/BTC since bter is still offline, 50 BTC to 100BTC per day, just trading NXT and its still in beta running on my dev servers.

With such an overwhelming popularity of MGW, its asset price went from ~2 to almost 10 NXT each, but that is probably just some overeager peoples that want to support MGW as it is operating in breakeven mode (to get marketshare) for now and its dividends will come from InstantDEX revenue sharing. InstantDEX solves the few issues with NXT AE and brings a centralized exchange user experience without the centralized exchange! Some decentralized magic and localhost webpage and it will look like a centralized exchange, but actually live in the peer to peer network (via privacyServers in BTCD core) and clear the trades on NXT blockchain via AE trades. Simple isnt it?

Anyway, with MGW prices above 7 and InstantDEX having 10 times the dividend potential, its current price of ~30 NXT is really undervalued, then again maybe MGW being over 3 is overvalued? It could go either way, but if MGW is doing 100BTC per day with the usually low volume NXT, reaching 1000 BTC per day for InstantDEX doesnt seem so unrealistic. That would create 1 BTC per day of InstantDEX dividends (0.1 BTC for MGW and 0.1 BTC for BTCD stakers), lets see that is 30 BTC per month or ~500,000 NXT per month -> 6 NXT per year of dividends per InstantDEX. So a price of 60 NXT would be a PE of 10. I guess not so crazy high after all. Maybe the MGW investors know what they are doing!

The cool thing is that with a decentralized architecture, the daily trading volume can go from 1000 BTC per day to 10000 BTC per day without needing any server upgrades or website overhauls, it just multiplies the dividends by 10.

Welcome to the new world of fully automated decentralized money making businesses

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
chicken65

Activity: 770
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:26:32 PM

Lots of hold hold hold. yes, that is what Ive been doing.

But how does that help me as an investor in this coin.
How does that help spread usage of this coin

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 10:31:18 PM

Anonymous BTCD Debit Cards for Fiat Withdrawal

Crypto ⇒ Cash! An Anon Card is similar to a traditional pre-paid debit MasterCard but will allow BitcoinDark users the ability to anonymously transfer BTCD to fiat.

Anon cards will enable users to bridge the divide between Crypto and the Traditional Banking system. What this means is that you will be able to load your Anon card with BTCD and convert to fiat to make purchases or withdrawals.

However, Anon cards allow users to keep personal information private. Traditional debit cards are directly linked to users through personal information that is required in order to receive them, but with Anon Cards, no personal information is required to receive a card so your personal information will remain private, and your use of the card anonymous.

great job guys Smiley

i have a question though, how can the card be totaly anon? arent there anti money launderings laws that prohibits something like this?

i.e. there exists visa/mastercard prepaid credit cards that you can buy and load with money - without a need of registration.
the problem here is though, without registering the prepaid credit card you only have a annual volume of 500-1000 € i think.
could you give some more details about it? also is it still possible to get shares of it?  Grin

greetings
Not all countries have laws that build in the assumption that anybody with money is a criminal. Hopefully the monthly volume limit for the card will be ~$5000 USD. If that is not enough, you would have to get another card. Still haggling with the bank, they seem to not understand crypto time and people are taking some summer holidays!

These cards are meant for personal use, not practical to push through millions of dollars required for large criminal enterprises, so that is how it is allowed. The whole premise that anybody with money is automatically a criminal is just so wrong. I made a lot of money in crypto, am I a criminal? As the crypto economy grows, more and more people will be able to earn a living working in crypto and without all the insane regulations, lawyers, accountants, taxes, etc. it is possible to work less hours and make more money. Of course if you worry about those sorts of things, please comply with all regulations and make sure to properly submit the cost basis for EVERY crypto transaction, including each and every mining block you stake, and properly calculate the capital gains earned using complex accounting methods you need to hire expensive accountant.

James

Azeh (OP)

Activity: 441

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:35:54 PM

New Poll UP!

How long should Teleport services for other coins be offered without charge?

Please Vote!

If you choose other, please make a post giving your comments.

Thanks
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 10:36:40 PM

Selling doesnt help spread usage either.
I think BTCD will be in pretty high demand just so people can stake with it and get free teleporting for the commodity coins, like bitcoin

Think of owning BTCD like owning a membership that allows access to valuable services. Sort of like a passport, the more BTCD you have the more things you can do.

BerkshireHathaway stock is primarily a HODL stock, possibly the original HODL. It seems have done quite nicely over the years

James

Azeh (OP)

Activity: 441

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:38:51 PM

Crypto ⇒ Cash! An Anon Card is similar to a traditional pre-paid debit MasterCard but will allow BitcoinDark users the ability to anonymously transfer BTCD to fiat.

Anon cards will enable users to bridge the divide between Crypto and the Traditional Banking system. What this means is that you will be able to load your Anon card with BTCD and convert to fiat to make purchases or withdrawals.

However, Anon cards allow users to keep personal information private. Traditional debit cards are directly linked to users through personal information that is required in order to receive them, but with Anon Cards, no personal information is required to receive a card so your personal information will remain private, and your use of the card anonymous.

great job guys Smiley

i have a question though, how can the card be totaly anon? arent there anti money launderings laws that prohibits something like this?

i.e. there exists visa/mastercard prepaid credit cards that you can buy and load with money - without a need of registration.
the problem here is though, without registering the prepaid credit card you only have a annual volume of 500-1000 € i think.
could you give some more details about it? also is it still possible to get shares of it?  Grin

greetings
Not all countries have laws that build in the assumption that anybody with money is a criminal. Hopefully the monthly volume limit for the card will be ~$5000 USD. If that is not enough, you would have to get another card. Still haggling with the bank, they seem to not understand crypto time and people are taking some summer holidays!

These cards are meant for personal use, not practical to push through millions of dollars required for large criminal enterprises, so that is how it is allowed. The whole premise that anybody with money is automatically a criminal is just so wrong. I made a lot of money in crypto, am I a criminal? As the crypto economy grows, more and more people will be able to earn a living working in crypto and without all the insane regulations, lawyers, accountants, taxes, etc. it is possible to work less hours and make more money. Of course if you worry about those sorts of things, please comply with all regulations and make sure to properly submit the cost basis for EVERY crypto transaction, including each and every mining block you stake, and properly calculate the capital gains earned using complex accounting methods you need to hire expensive accountant.

James

Right on James!

+1 Million
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:39:42 PM

great job guys Smiley

greetings

James

5000$ per month would be probaly sufficient for the majority of people, i hope that works out - i would be one of the first people to get the card Smiley

tbh it would be ideal to use crypto profits with this card - if its anon u wont feel the weight of government taxes  Grin

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Juicemixer

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:42:16 PM

I purchased quite a few MGW assets when it was at 3 nxt per. I already knew it was a good investment then and still do now.
chicken65

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:43:40 PM

Do these cards exist, or is it an idea  Huh
xtent

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:46:22 PM

They launch next month.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 10:47:07 PM

We are waiting for the bank guy who negotiated the details with coinomat to come back from vacation. Still good chance to be available in September as originally expected, but more likely toward the end of the month

James

Juicemixer

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:49:55 PM

Speaking of which. Do you know when your NXTforex will be up on the AE James?
chicken65

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:51:25 PM

I think BTCD will be in pretty high demand just so people can stake with it and get free teleporting for the commodity coins, like bitcoin

Think of owning BTCD like owning a membership that allows access to valuable services. Sort of like a passport, the more BTCD you have the more things you can do.

BerkshireHathaway stock is primarily a HODL stock, possibly the original HODL. It seems have done quite nicely over the years

James

I agree selling doesnt help spread usage. But actively trying to promote teh coin outside of the tech lab does.
Anyway, I see now this is not a coin intended for such usage. But isnt that what Crypto currency was supposed to
be about?

This I don't understand at all. How can owning BTCD give me commodity coins?
I need a reason I can understand to continue buying these coins and holding on to them.
I just thought they were a truly anonymous coin and for me that signalled an edge over some.
Thats why I started buying them.

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 10:52:47 PM

Speaking of which. Do you know when your NXTforex will be up on the AE James?
Realistically that falls into the "bringing real world trading to crypto" project, which I have on my calendar for next year and it will be one of the first real world tradings I bring to InstantDEX. gold and oil are the other two markets, maybe commodities, stocks, not sure of order. Still need to work out some third party deals for trade clearing

James

SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 11:00:00 PM

The fact that people worry about privacy oriented banking cards being "criminal" is sad really. When I desire to take financial matters back into my own hands, without having to give up my entire identity, is that criminal? I literally have done nothing criminal in my life ever, in my 30+ years of driving I haven't even gotten a citation. My desire to be (financially) private stems from the human right to privacy, it's my Life, Liberty and my pursuit of Happiness if you will, it has nothing to do with trading illicit substances or other nefarious activities. Criminals will use any infrastructure to carry out their business, they shop groceries, they drive cars, go to cinemas etc etc, just like you and me. When we do those things, does that make us criminals too? Of course not.

I am looking forward to the BTCD anon cards, besides like James said, it's even impractical for criminals to use them.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 11:01:38 PM

James

I agree selling doesnt help spread usage. But actively trying to promote teh coin outside of the tech lab does.
Anyway, I see now this is not a coin intended for such usage. But isnt that what Crypto currency was supposed to
be about?

This I don't understand at all. How can owning BTCD give me commodity coins?
I need a reason I can understand to continue buying these coins and holding on to them.
I just thought they were a truly anonymous coin and for me that signalled an edge over some.
Thats why I started buying them.

How much does it matter if you have USD, EUR or YEN?
If you have $1000 worth, then other than hassle of converting, it is all the same isnt it?

So, if you have 1 BTC or 1 BTC worth of BTCD, what is the difference?
As far as the buying power (ignoring conversion overheads) no difference. So, crypto is crypto is crypto, with automatic low overhead conversions, you should be able to view crypto not as any specific currency, but more a vector of possible currencies. OK, that came out too complicated.

Do you know of the pens that have different colors? You click the red thing to make it write red, the blue for blue, etc.? I see crypto like that. If you want BTC, click BTC, if you want BTCD click BTCD.

So, fiat -> crypto (of any color)

Now, if you want quick conversion less access to do purchasing, BTC seems to make sense. maybe for highly traded coins with enough liquidity for your uses and low spreads, you can keep it in other coins that have better properties than BTC.

Once such property is 5% per year staking. BTC mining has a built in ~8% deflation. Since not everybody is staking, with BTCD if you are staking you are actually getting net positive interest, I estimate 1% to 2%.
BTCD will also be getting some revenue sharing, but it will also let you teleport itself and other coins for free. It gives you access to InstantDEX, privacyServer is built right in, etc.

BTCD is more than just a coin, it is hard to explain in few words. As it is gaining a lot of power relatively quickly, I am expecting it to grow in value faster than BTC for a while. So, in addition to other benefits I think medium term price appreciation is another.

I leave to you if you believe these are enough reasons to hodl, if not I am sure there are others ready to buy from you

James

jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 11:04:50 PM

I don't know what anyone else thinks, but I like the idea of free teleporting as combo of Time and usage

maybe something like 12 months or 10000  transfers. When one of the conditions are meant free period ends.

I think it's at least something to consider.....would maybe make it a bit interesting if there was a countdown clock of how many freebies where left to use

I'm sure you guys will come up with something that's functional

Jon

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 11:07:29 PM

The fact that people worry about privacy oriented banking cards being "criminal" is sad really. When I desire to take financial matters back into my own hands, without having to give up my entire identity, is that criminal? I literally have done nothing criminal in my life ever, in my 30+ years of driving I haven't even gotten a citation. My desire to be (financially) private stems from the human right to privacy, it's my Life, Liberty and my pursuit of Happiness if you will, it has nothing to do with trading illicit substances or other nefarious activities. Criminals will use any infrastructure to carry out their business, they shop groceries, they drive cars, go to cinemas etc etc, just like you and me. When we do those things, does that make us criminals too? Of course not.

I am looking forward to the BTCD anon cards, besides like James said, it's even impractical for criminals to use them.
Actually if you are living in USA, you are probably a criminal as there are many many laws and they have intentionally made them so some contradict others. That means you cant follow one without breaking another and probably a third law that says if you dont follow one or the other of the contradictory laws, you are breaking the third law Smiley

All this is so that they can always leverage anybody they choose to, to make them cooperate, capitulate, pay fines, etc.

Did you know that the crypto math algorithms were classified as illegal munitions in USA? It was like having a bunch of C4 explosives if you dared to encrypt anything! Thank goodness for DJB who sued and beat the USA govt on that one

James

P.S. I dont mean to offend any of the USA peoples, they are best peoples, it is just the govt has run amok and gone totally power grabbing crazy. What is this eminent domain things? They just take your private land and give to real estate developer since the neighborhood really, really, needs more shopping stores

Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: