Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:15:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328438 times)
valarmg

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:43:57 PM

I voted one year for free teleport, I think 3 months is too short a time frame to get adoption and network effect. A year in my opinion is good enough to establish the use of btcd as a gateway and get enough traffic. We should think long term, this makes more sense to me Smiley

3 months is a year in crypto!

I think we would like to try and minimize the scam coins taking advantage of the BTCD network at our expense... yeah? I voted 3 months and think that was already generous...

Nah, you give the copycats an advantage if you charge a fee, because they can copy teleport, offer it for free and take all BTCD's potential customers. It will take 3 months for bitcoiners to learn about BTCD and start using teleport. I can only imagine most of those voting for 3months don't intend to hold BCD longterm.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
visual111

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:51:08 PM

when I put my address/a tx id in the explorer, I get the error "Error! : Search found no results".

what could I be doing wrong? i want to look at the incoming transactions of a wallet

using this one

http://btcd.explorer.ssdpool.com:9050

still isn't working for me...anybody know a working BTCD blockchain explorer?
For now try http://cryptobe.com/chain/BitcoinDark
we will soon host one on the official website

this works, thanks.

is there a way to monitor the amount of Coin going to an exchange? ie - looking at one wallet's incoming transactions?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:12:31 PM

I voted one year for free teleport, I think 3 months is too short a time frame to get adoption and network effect. A year in my opinion is good enough to establish the use of btcd as a gateway and get enough traffic. We should think long term, this makes more sense to me Smiley

I think we would like to try and minimize the scam coins taking advantage of the BTCD network at our expense... yeah? I voted 3 months and think that was already generous...

Nah, you give the copycats an advantage if you charge a fee, because they can copy teleport, offer it for free and take all BTCD's potential customers. It will take 3 months for bitcoiners to learn about BTCD and start using teleport. I can only imagine most of those voting for 3months don't intend to hold BCD longterm.

Wont work that easily,  theres a kill switch included in the code.

What a ride while i was gone Cheesy

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
mrs_snow

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:21:23 PM

Is a roadmap available?

... and what are the time frames?
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 07:32:44 PM

James and team -- Very impressive. And thank you for all your hard work & community spirit. Read black paper and all threads. Bought a nice starting stack of BTCD just as we were lifting off a few days ago. I'm a long-term holder. Can you point me to the most challenging (=negative) analysis - written by credible devs/investors - to your approach and tech? What are the big concerns/limitations etc?
People have been trying to solve the wrong problem and since Teleport solves the right problem, the big criticism is that I am not solving the wrong problem of making a new crypto algo that is anon. The right problem is how to create a way to use crypto that maintains privacy. This is what I solved, I didnt bother to make any new cryptographic maths as there already existed all that was needed.

It is like there is this giant effort of people who all go off to far and distant places in search of the answer and I just go to the train station where they all left from and find the answer right there! Maybe this makes some peoples angry at me, but I dont care I just want to have nice way of making crypto private and I am lazy to make difficult stuff. I just use what I find, here, there, put them together.

I am still waiting for any actual criticism of Teleport that I am not aware of. The creation/extraction is definitely a concern and we must take great precautions there. We are actively searching to hire a credible dev to do a thorough code review. Of course, if anybody has found any flaws in the DarkPaper, I am hoping they will post so we can address it. If there are no flaws in the overall design and the code implements to that design, then it seems Teleport is nice and solid.

I am iterative coding style, so over time the code improves by using new algorithms if necessary. I dont believe any wholesale changes are needed to the basic design, but I am always making mistakes, so if it is needed, then I just write more code to fix it. Whatever issues are found by code reviewer, I will fix them of course.

So, if anybody knows a credible coder who can do a meaningful review of Teleport, PLEASE contact them. We need this as without it people will just have to trust me, and there is no need for this trustpoint as the source is open, we just need to get a peer review. We will pay reasonable fee for the time spent.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 07:33:08 PM

Is a roadmap available?

... and what are the time frames?
yes
soon

valarmg

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:45:44 PM

Kill switch will only stop copy-and-pasters, won't stop a good dev who takes the time to understand the code. Kill switch will certainly help keep competition at bay, but can't be relied upon to kill it. Having zero fees and being first to market with the best product, that will kill competition. Get users and profit will follow--don't look for profit first or you'll never get the users. (See virtually all internet software companies for reference.)
bitrider

Activity: 233
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:53:04 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2014, 08:20:54 PM by bitrider

James and team -- Very impressive. And thank you for all your hard work & community spirit. Read black paper and all threads. Bought a nice starting stack of BTCD just as we were lifting off a few days ago. I'm a long-term holder. Can you point me to the most challenging (=negative) analysis - written by credible devs/investors - to your approach and tech? What are the big concerns/limitations etc?
People have been trying to solve the wrong problem and since Teleport solves the right problem, the big criticism is that I am not solving the wrong problem of making a new crypto algo that is anon. The right problem is how to create a way to use crypto that maintains privacy. This is what I solved, I didnt bother to make any new cryptographic maths as there already existed all that was needed.

It is like there is this giant effort of people who all go off to far and distant places in search of the answer and I just go to the train station where they all left from and find the answer right there! Maybe this makes some peoples angry at me, but I dont care I just want to have nice way of making crypto private and I am lazy to make difficult stuff. I just use what I find, here, there, put them together.

I am still waiting for any actual criticism of Teleport that I am not aware of. The creation/extraction is definitely a concern and we must take great precautions there. We are actively searching to hire a credible dev to do a thorough code review. Of course, if anybody has found any flaws in the DarkPaper, I am hoping they will post so we can address it. If there are no flaws in the overall design and the code implements to that design, then it seems Teleport is nice and solid.

I am iterative coding style, so over time the code improves by using new algorithms if necessary. I dont believe any wholesale changes are needed to the basic design, but I am always making mistakes, so if it is needed, then I just write more code to fix it. Whatever issues are found by code reviewer, I will fix them of course.

So, if anybody knows a credible coder who can do a meaningful review of Teleport, PLEASE contact them. We need this as without it people will just have to trust me, and there is no need for this trustpoint as the source is open, we just need to get a peer review. We will pay reasonable fee for the time spent.

James

Thank you. Fair response. I hope indeed you have had the simple breakthrough idea that we have been waiting for. The tech/code is beyond me to assess, but I am always drawn by the elegant solution to difficult problems. Let's find those peers and get some reviews going - and see what the world says.

Edit: James, just saw your post asking for help in Risto's altcoin thread. Great! I hope someone picks up the challenge.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 08:15:23 PM

Kill switch will only stop copy-and-pasters, won't stop a good dev who takes the time to understand the code. Kill switch will certainly help keep competition at bay, but can't be relied upon to kill it. Having zero fees and being first to market with the best product, that will kill competition. Get users and profit will follow--don't look for profit first or you'll never get the users. (See virtually all internet software companies for reference.)
exactly
also I am designing fee/revenue sharing structure so that even when we start charging for teleport as long as there is reasonable usage of things like InstantDEX,etc. the other coins that are utilizing teleport would actually get more in revenue sharing than paying in teleport fees.

so, the incentive would be to join the biggest supernetwork to get not only access to teleport but to actually make money, net of fees

combine good tech with a little financial incentive and that is powerful feedback system
or they can use a copycat who will probably not be so generous and will want to charge fees too high, after all they are making copycat even when it makes sense to join, so clearly not super logical peoples.

As a customer, would you rather use the tech from the innovative creator who is also generous and will pay for you to teleport, or a greedy copycat who wants to just steal someone elses tech and charge fees?

James

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 08:24:44 PM

James

Thank you. Fair response. I hope indeed you have had the simple breakthrough idea that we have been waiting for. The tech/code is beyond me to assess, but I am always drawn by the elegant solution to difficult problems. Let's find those peers and get some reviews going - and see what the world says.

Edit: James, just saw your post asking for help in Risto's altcoin thread. Great! I hope someone picks up the challenge.
I thought that was an active thread, but almost 12 hours since my post and not a single new one?
also, the Teleport concept might be simple enough for pirates, it turns out the implementation is quite involved and I had to port over vast majority of MGW code, just for one subset of Teleport. Probably ends up be 20,000 lines of code not counting all the libraries, so simple concept but lots of details

James

smagik

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 08:32:31 PM

Hello...  Please add http://www.wincoins.today/ to the list of games accepting BTCD.  Compete against other players in our arcade games and win crypto prizes.
SHossain

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:05:01 PM

Network weight was 254K few minutes ago. Highest I have ever seen. Anyone seen more? Looks like more people staking  Roll Eyes
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 09:11:43 PM

Network weight was 254K few minutes ago. Highest I have ever seen. Anyone seen more? Looks like more people staking  Roll Eyes
260645!
this is new record as far as I can remember
could it be that 85%+ is staking?

Timevortex

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:13:00 PM

Highest I have every seen.  This morning it was like 91K so  it changed really fast!!!
threecats

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:34:44 PM

James

I understand your thinking about 'why would people use a knockoff' but i have to say, i think there will be a massive wave of clones once your concept enters public beta. Perhaps this should be a very serious working assumption in the strategic road map.
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 09:36:14 PM

James

I understand your thinking about 'why would people use a knockoff' but i have to say, i think there will be a massive wave of clones once your concept enters public beta. Perhaps this should be a very serious working assumption in the strategic road map.

He's already taken care of that aspect by coding in such a manner that cut/copy/pasters won't end up with a working coin.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
Trinibits

Activity: 635

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:48:25 PM

James

He's already taken care of that aspect by coding in such a manner that cut/copy/pasters won't end up with a working coin.

Smart dude man Smiley
Azeh (OP)

Activity: 441

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:53:29 PM

Complete disclosure to the community!

Questions have been asked about the BTCD's pre-mine (~24,800 BTCD or ~1.5% of the total 1.6 million PoW Coins) here is the breakdown:
P.S. Because coins started to stake after 8 hours of maturity, the total # of BTCD during the PoW phase was less than 1.6 million, and ended up being ~1.174 Million BTCD

1) Azeh -- 5,386 BTCD

2) TorrnA -- 5,386 BTCD

3) BTCDdev --5,386 BTCD

Further development expenses:

Promotion payments before launch: 2,200 BTCD

Blog Posts/ Articles: 120
Node hosting: 10
Games: 90
Faucet funding: 3
Mac Wallet: 275
Windows Wallet: 500
Block Explorers: 550
OP translations: 360
Donations for independent work: 120
Media relations trial: 100

Anon tech development: 3500 (given to BTCDdev by James for his work)
Further development reserved for James after coming on board ~ 1000 (offered to TorrnA and BTCDdev by James)

Basically all pre-mine payments we're made before James joined as core developer.  After which, James was offered a bounty for his services, however, said already had enough BTCD that he had bought on the open market and therefore offered his bounty to BTCDdev for his help coding, who didn't have funds to be able to purchase BTCD on the open market.

Furthermore, I (Azeh) was lucky enough to have BTC available in the early days to purchase the majority of the BTCD I hold on the open market and have subsequently funded other aspects of BTCD development with my personal funds.

Web Designer: 1000 BTCD
BitcoinPRbuzz: 1200 BTCD

See below for more details:

A portion of the original pre-mine was agreed upon by the three original developers (Azeh, TorrnA, BTCDdev) to be distributed evenly. This was well before the launch of BTCD and was well before any of us had any knowledge that James would agree to come on board to become the core developer for BTCD.  The fact of the matter is, before the launch of BTCD the three original members worked for 2 months planning BTCD. Only one member, Azeh (me) had any BTC available to purchase BTCD on the open market.

Moreover, as others have said previously, If one wanted they could have bought the equivalent of the entire pre-mine in the early days for a few BTC.

Why is this being said now:

1) Continued questions from some community members that have asked for more detail about the pre-mine.

2) A current web developer has blackmailed the dev team for payment of between 5-15k BTCD payment.  If we didn't oblige, he threatened to come to the forums to disclose this news and spread FUD.

3) So we can clear the air and move forward with a clean slate and tell said developer that their services are no longer wanted.

Unfortunately, a team member has gone rouge and has threatened the development team and by extension the BTCD community and therefore, I'd like to completely come clean before said member has a chance to spread FUD.

This member, out of respect, I'll leave anonymous and allow him to come out himself if he so chooses.  However, this member continues to think that BTCD is some sort of conspiracy that has been concocted to enhance the value of NXT.  This member continues to believe this even after explanations about how NXT just provides platform with which BTCD is built over and has nothing to do with original NXT developers or the currency itself.

The situation escalated after an argument with the web designer after which this individual threatened me that he "could just hit ctrl alt delete and walk away", and said that he had done so on the past to another coin.

Bottom Line:

Regarding the pre-mine, should we have been more transparent in the beginning.  The short answer: Yes.  However, I will blame myself because I only wanted to protect TorrnA and BTCDdev from any criticism who both put in a ton of work and deserve every BTCD they received from the pre-mine.

In addition, I'm not going to sit idly by while an individual attempts use threats and blackmail to achieve some sense of control and extort funds for their own gain.  This is not in the spirit of what BTCD is all about.  For the most part the development of BTCD has remained mostly "ego" free which is how we'd like to keep it.  If development team members can't agree to this, then they have no place on the development team.

Lastly, yes, we are asking for donations.  Donations are all being carefully recorded and held by TorrnA, who I can vouch for as a very trustworthy individual.  All bounty payments going forward will be completely transparent and divulged to the community.

Mr.Joker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:54:53 PM

Can someone produce an android price ticker
SHossain

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 10:26:38 PM

Complete disclosure to the community!

Questions have been asked about the BTCD's pre-mine (~24,800 BTCD or ~1.5% of the total 1.6 million PoW Coins) here is the breakdown:
P.S. Because coins started to stake after 8 hours of maturity, the total # of BTCD during the PoW phase was less than 1.6 million, and ended up being ~1.174 Million BTCD

1) Azeh -- 5,386 BTCD

2) TorrnA -- 5,386 BTCD

3) BTCDdev --5,386 BTCD

Further development expenses:

Promotion payments before launch: 2,200 BTCD

Blog Posts/ Articles: 120
Node hosting: 10
Games: 90
Faucet funding: 3
Mac Wallet: 275
Windows Wallet: 500
Block Explorers: 550
OP translations: 360
Donations for independent work: 120
Media relations trial: 100

Anon tech development: 3500 (given to BTCDdev by James for his work)
Further development reserved for James after coming on board ~ 1000 (offered to TorrnA and BTCDdev by James)

Basically all pre-mine payments we're made before James joined as core developer.  After which, James was offered a bounty for his services, however, said already had enough BTCD that he had bought on the open market and therefore offered his bounty to BTCDdev for his help coding, who didn't have funds to be able to purchase BTCD on the open market.

Furthermore, I (Azeh) was lucky enough to have BTC available in the early days to purchase the majority of the BTCD I hold on the open market and have subsequently funded other aspects of BTCD development with my personal funds.

Web Designer: 1000 BTCD
BitcoinPRbuzz: 1200 BTCD

See below for more details:

A portion of the original pre-mine was agreed upon by the three original developers (Azeh, TorrnA, BTCDdev) to be distributed evenly. This was well before the launch of BTCD and was well before any of us had any knowledge that James would agree to come on board to become the core developer for BTCD.  The fact of the matter is, before the launch of BTCD the three original members worked for 2 months planning BTCD. Only one member, Azeh (me) had any BTC available to purchase BTCD on the open market.

Moreover, as others have said previously, If one wanted they could have bought the equivalent of the entire pre-mine in the early days for a few BTC.

Why is this being said now:

1) Continued questions from some community members that have asked for more detail about the pre-mine.

2) A current web developer has blackmailed the dev team for payment of between 5-15k BTCD payment.  If we didn't oblige, he threatened to come to the forums to disclose this news and spread FUD.

3) So we can clear the air and move forward with a clean slate and tell said developer that their services are no longer wanted.

Unfortunately, a team member has gone rouge and has threatened the development team and by extension the BTCD community and therefore, I'd like to completely come clean before said member has a chance to spread FUD.

This member, out of respect, I'll leave anonymous and allow him to come out himself if he so chooses.  However, this member continues to think that BTCD is some sort of conspiracy that has been concocted to enhance the value of NXT.  This member continues to believe this even after explanations about how NXT just provides platform with which BTCD is built over and has nothing to do with original NXT developers or the currency itself.

The situation escalated after an argument with the web designer after which this individual threatened me that he "could just hit ctrl alt delete and walk away", and said that he had done so on the past to another coin.

Bottom Line:

Regarding the pre-mine, should we have been more transparent in the beginning.  The short answer: Yes.  However, I will blame myself because I only wanted to protect TorrnA and BTCDdev from any criticism who both put in a ton of work and deserve every BTCD they received from the pre-mine.

In addition, I'm not going to sit idly by while an individual attempts use threats and blackmail to achieve some sense of control and extort funds for their own gain.  This is not in the spirit of what BTCD is all about.  For the most part the development of BTCD has remained mostly "ego" free which is how we'd like to keep it.  If development team members can't agree to this, then they have no place on the development team.

Lastly, yes, we are asking for donations.  Donations are all being carefully recorded and held by TorrnA, who I can vouch for as a very trustworthy individual.  All bounty payments going forward will be completely transparent and divulged to the community.  

Thank you Azeh, for being truthful. I don't see any other way to be more transparent than this. Been following this thread from page one and never seen any trustworthy and transparent coin dev team in any other altcoin thread. Everything is going only forward. Even the community is great and helpful. You guys rock! Shame on that so called dev and team member. I guess everyone who is following the thread from the beginning will say the same or even better than me. You shouldn't blame yourself for any of this matter. As for James, I have never seen any dev is that fast and positive. And as I see from James' post, he is not greedy (bought plenty of BTCD with his money and donating his NXT assets to match the donation raised) and always trying to help make things better. I thank you all for the works you have been doing and never doubted your transparency. Keep up the great works!
Pages: « 1 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: