Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:02:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ApexCoin Rebirth - Minable Proof Of Stake - Web Wallet - BlockNet Association  (Read 249896 times)
Stratobitz
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:39:53 AM

Actually now looking at Strato's sig i have reason to believe he may be on the inside as well. Sorry Strato and coinrocket, i do value your opinion on coins but i believe you may have went to far with this one. At least you guys could have staged this one a little better. But this was too obvious, no one from that camp made a peep about APEX on twitter when the news came out. Rocket has been tweeting about Pesa and Judge to distract people away from APEX. While him and his crew accumulate, which i assume he is APEX coin team lead or they are apart of the ploy as well. Like i said i value you guys opinion on the market very much, but you are not helping the community by doing things like this.

ALLOW ME TO CLEAR THE AIR HERE.

First, I apologize if I come of rude - but I was sleeping and just got woken up to this.

CoinRocket and I are not in cahoots to manipulate Apex. Period. CoinRocket and I are not the same person. We were roommates a LONG LONG time ago. We both work in media (him being more on the creative side - he's a super talented writer and shooter; he does fantastic advertising copy/design work; but he also runs a very successful PR Firm - so in some ways he's a creative "exec".)  I personally work strictly on the creative side in post production, graphics, animation, etc. That is what brought us together.

We got into Bitcoin together last fall - or rather, became interested in it last fall. We invested some money; built some rigs, and started mining Litecoin.

I still run a few rigs - nothing major; but CR really has the "Farm". He runs a large business and has the square footage and space to do so. He also loves to tout about his free AC - which was, to his unknown advantage at the time 4 years ago; able to lock in "utilities included" when he signed the lease on his 10,000+ sq foot production facility. So he has a huge advantage there; and that's why he's really built out the farm - because his facility has HUGE AC capabilities - designed for studio production/filmmaking, lights, etc.

I post sometimes here "on behalf of him" - because he doesn't use BCT other than browsing. He's super active on Twitter though.

Finally, we are both working together on VictoryCoin - which is the first coin we are in the midst of launching.

We are friends and we are business partners. Period.

NOW AS FAR AS APEX GOES:

We both own Apex. I won't disclose his holdings, but I personally have roughly 150,000 coins. CoinRocket made a good call with APEX. I got in around 1200ish - and it ended up going to I think 2800 or 3000 at one point.

The "problem" here as I see it - and I've spoken with CR about this - is not manipulation by whales. At least thats not what I believe. It could be a case of what I stated earlier - although CoinRocket seems to believe that's not the case (where I stated it could perhaps be the Dev's doing - purposefully dropping a negative information bomb to lower price and buy back more holdings). CoinRocket is arguing - and I hope I am not breaching his trust - that the real problem is:

1.) TOR Implementation did not occur as hoped for.

2.) Since then the Development Team has not outlined a clear roadmap - nor have they provided the community with their intended goals for APEX as a currency. Instead they have simply been posting "we're gathering information" - stating they want the community to vote, etc on what the next move should be.

I'd have to agree (and CR and I don't always agree) - that regardless of whatever really is going on here - the APEX Team - by taking a passive route is sabotaging what could be a successful and promising cryptocurrency.

People want leadership and a strong plan. Period.

Either the APEX Team will put something out that clarifies what it is they plan to do - or they won't. It's as simple as that. If they continue to "count votes", then personally I would think this coin is doomed. It is UP TO THEM.

CR's call on APEX - even though now the coin is in the tubes and has lost considerable value - was correct. I think he had identified what was a promising newcomer. The roll out into the mining phase (POW) was pulled off without issues. And the movement into the POS phase - which many times is screwy (with other coins) went flawlessly. The coin - after his call went from 1100 or 1200 to like 3000. That is a good call.

But all of this is speculative. All cryptos are. Look at even the best coins - you NEVER know what is going to happen.

I hope the APEX Team can get their act together.

And I hope the above in some way clarifies my relationship to CoinRocket.

Strato
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stratobitz
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:48:22 AM

CoinRocket is also asking me to post:  It was mentioned above that since his initial call he hasn't mentioned APEX. I haven't personally looked but he is saying feel free to scroll back through his Twitter feed. You will find a number of follow up posts - when people inquired about APEX.

He does follow a lot of coins - and as we all know coins sometimes "sleep" for a while - so me personally - I find nothing strange about him promoting other coins while APEX has been "simmering".

Also, I think that CR has probably been APEX's biggest advocate and promoter.

Just food for thought.

I'm going back to bed. Hopefully I'll wake up to better news.

Strato
Otsu

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 07:01:50 AM

I am going to offer a suggestion, which is a little 'outside the box'. Since you tested TOR, and say it is working outside of the little problem of not working with the APEX blockchain, why not release it anyway?

Meaning, make a completely new coin. Don't do a swap, don't turn APEX into a TOR coin... just make a separate coin, and distribute it based on APEX holdings. You'd probably need to find another dev to run it, or at least help, but it does at least alleviate a couple of issues.

First off, developer trust. We can see you can actually offer something, aren't scamming anyone, and simply made a mistake.

It also assists with the current coin price a little, assuming the new TOR coin holds at least some value. People wouldn't take a big loss then, or at worst, a little loss.

Since Apex holdings would also influence distribution, it should in turn increase the demand, and therefore the price, at least somewhat. So it would buy you some time pricewise before you need to release the next feature ... in this case, I believe it was that fancier wallet.

You can use Bittrex for the distribution, or go with the Clams model based on the wallet/blockchain (or however they did it). I'd prefer the former myself, as it'd probably be easier all around. Anyway, just an idea, and it's certainly safer than doing the coin swap, and better than doing nothing at all.

I am actually liking the idea of the dev making another coin for tor for those who want it and whoever wants to jump over can swap their coin.  I was hoping for tor too but now that I've learned how slow tor actually was and the gov all up in it due to laundering money and whatever else, I'm glad tor didn't happen.  Also being not anon would probably make merchants to accept APEX better too.  Considering the dev is still here talking, there's a comeback waiting to happen.  The coin code hasn't had any errors that many coins experience so we know the dev knows a little something about coding and this ain't your china scam coin.  I'm still into this coin and holding. 
klopper

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 07:32:16 AM

This is APEX - not TOR coin. Let's get another feature instead. Smiley

The possibilites are still endless
baxto

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:10:12 AM

Thank you for the clarification Strato, I would also like to clear up what i said as well. I didn’t mean to sound like i was accusing you guys of the manipulation of this coin. But to a suspicious person alot of signs pointed to that direction. I've seen the influence rocket can have on coins and it seems as though the build up of the entire week for a big day Friday for Apex ( that was suppose to be the announcement of tor implementation ) and then all of a sudden the bad news coincided with his shift and focus to the Investment group and the new coin. As well as a sudden rise ( and fall ) in popularity of PESA, ELITE, and JUDGE to distract people from APEX. It all seemed liked the perfect storm for someone to manipulate the markets in their favor. Forgive me for being so paranoid but with the recent run of scams you almost always have to due your due diligence with the way some of these coins are moving. I may have gotten overzealous i apologize and tell coinrocket to not stop tweeting as his information is very valuable and influential.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:27:03 AM

I am actually liking the idea of the dev making another coin for tor for those who want it and whoever wants to jump over can swap their coin.  I was hoping for tor too but now that I've learned how slow tor actually was and the gov all up in it due to laundering money and whatever else, I'm glad tor didn't happen.  Also being not anon would probably make merchants to accept APEX better too.  Considering the dev is still here talking, there's a comeback waiting to happen.  The coin code hasn't had any errors that many coins experience so we know the dev knows a little something about coding and this ain't your china scam coin.  I'm still into this coin and holding.  

What I was proposing wasn't even a swap. Consider it a giveaway. Basically use the APEX distribution as a way to distribute the TOR coin, sort of similar to how CLAMS is distributed. It could be 1:1, or differ proportionally based on max coins. It sounds like the dev considered it, but isn't going that route for now.

It could be something to consider down the road, not just for TOR, but any feature that would require forking. Noblecoin had a nice idea, which I'm not sure they still plan to do, of making partner coins. Basically the main coin is used to distribute other coins, based on holdings. That way, you certainly increase the value of the main coin, as it'd increase the odds of people wanting to hold it longterm ... as it'd make them free partner coins. And certain things, like TOR, would require forking or other nasty stuff that you really don't want to do on the main coin. Partner coins, for lack of a better term, could be something for devs to consider, as it is sort of unique in a way... a differentiating factor.

Assuming the dev stays active and still adds new things, I think the coin will recover. It is strange to think that before TOR was even decided as an upcoming feature, the value was still holding over 1000 ... and was considered pretty cheap even. So TOR or not, there should still be value there. Again, assuming the dev remains active, which is probably the real reason for the dump... people are extra skittish nowadays.
MacHead2006

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 09:12:03 AM

I don`t care about tor
I don`t care if it will be swap or not.

But I care that we need something new with APEX.
Without development coin can die faster than with swaping.
ruleland

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 09:16:15 AM

Is it possible to see the TOR code in a forked git, so we can have an idea what has been coded so far, to maybe restore some faith from the community.

And who knows, the community might actually think of another solution.

Also being not anon would probably make merchants to accept APEX better too.

I also disagree with this. I believe most merchants do not want their whole sell and order history for competition or customers to see.
mikelitoris

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 10:32:21 AM

dark cash is their anonymous coin if anyone is interested. . I'd stay away though  Cool

6561742061206469636b
sovie

Activity: 1274
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 01:58:53 PM

I have to agree with stratoblitz here

the devs need to make a definitive call and show leadership period.

No waiting around no polls no talking.

make a call and stick to it and do it quick.

I guarentee come monday/tuesday and nothing

is definitivley announced then this coin will be dead.

Its just the way the crypto world works, yes the holders

willk be optamistic but lets face it the enormous amount of dmage

to the image of the coin will have been done, and there is just no coming back from

that, i've seen it many times before.

With one exception VOOT and the only reason that coin is going places is because  in the space of

less than a week a dev was found a blueprint was placed and stuck too religiously.

The pr was excellent and quick and too the point anything less and you're just flogging an dead horse.

I posted 2 days ago and still nothing is decided well really chaps thats just not on show leadership and act now.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
jorrr

Activity: 588

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 02:09:34 PM

I heard the dev's are working on new coin
klopper

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 02:36:35 PM

You heard? Where did you "heard" this?
cassius69

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 02:41:45 PM

dont know if true but common sense says it is possible.

why waste time on this fresh and dead coin when they can try again?

the market hated this coin.

poornamelessme

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 03:35:25 PM

And for those asking for the devs to announce some plan, I believe the devs did announce an upcoming feature, the improved wallet, unless I am remembering wrong.
APEXcoin_Team (OP)

Activity: 261

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 03:43:17 PM

We are not working on a new coin, we are working on a new wallet.
goldmaxx

Activity: 894
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 03:57:29 PM

Come on guys...give them some trust...

Regards

Goldmaxx

klopper

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:14:49 PM

Thank you! Looking forward to it.  Grin
poornamelessme

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:29:18 PM

I think you stated it'd be ready by sometime next week, correct? Something quick is a good idea, over something that would take weeks or months.

I still suggest the TOR giveaway, not necessarily before the wallet, but at sometime in the future. If you simply said you were planning it after the wallet, I think it would help keep prices stable. Besides, since you went to all of the work to get TOR working, might as well do something with it.
Stratobitz
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:51:22 PM

dont know if true but common sense says it is possible.

why waste time on this fresh and dead coin when they can try again?

the market hated this coin.

I don't think the market hated the coin. I think the market was intrigued by the coin - from the standpoint of devs that pulled off a launch without a hitch, went to POS without a hitch. It could have been a winner. Perhaps it still can be. Perhaps the coin can be taken over - its open source - and take overs are not uncommon in cryptoland. Simply accumulate a lion share - hard fork and re-brand. Then put it out there that a 51% take over occurred, distribute coins in a sale - and move into another POW phase or POS phase. I am not advocating that here - but the Devs need to bring to their end users a bit more than "we are working".

That said however:

I think what has become clear is that while the Apex Team shows talent for the technical aspects of a coin - they need some serious assistance with the front line. Where is the general commanding the army - charging the men, who all believe in him and his valor; into battle.

These guys seem to me - and I am just speaking my mind here - but they seem to me to be sitting around saying "ok guys we got nothing idea wise - what do you want".

APEX TEAM - Let me tell you what we, and EVERYONE wants. Dev Teams with ideas. Dev Teams with the ability to communicate those ideas effectively to their customers, and attract new customers. Dev Teams who understand Branding, and PR, and Marketing, and Product Appeal.

Not seeing that here.

Waking up this morning - All I've seen in the last day is; We are working on it. Working on the wallet. New wallet coming.

Ok Dev Team- new wallet. We can't wait. Looking forward to seeing what you got for us soon. It better be a game changer.

Strato
poornamelessme

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:06:04 PM

These guys seem to me - and I am just speaking my mind here - but they seem to me to be sitting around saying "ok guys we got nothing idea wise - what do you want".

APEX TEAM - Let me tell you what we, and EVERYONE wants. Dev Teams with ideas. Dev Teams with the ability to communicate those ideas effectively to their customers, and attract new customers. Dev Teams who understand Branding, and PR, and Marketing, and Product Appeal.

Not seeing that here.

Waking up this morning - All I've seen in the last day is; We are working on it. Working on the wallet. New wallet coming.

Ok Dev Team- new wallet. We can't wait. Looking forward to seeing what you got for us soon. It better be a game changer.

Strato[/b]

I'm not entirely sure I'd say they appear to have no ideas, but the concept of the coin seems to be that the community decides on what they want to see. They could just as easily say everything in their polls are their 'ideas' and they will add them over time. I'm not saying they would do that, or could... just that because a coin asks a community what they want, it doesn't necessarily mean the dev team has no ideas.

Where they are strongly lacking is marketing/PR. They do need to present the coin a bit better, get the coin out there (articles, whatever). I don't mean hype either, just general info and communications. Maybe they should look for a team member who can handle that for them. I can use the TOR stuff as an example... besides coin holders who closely followed the thread, I doubt anyone even knew TOR was being worked on. It wasn't in the first page of the coin ann, header, and there wasn't a lot of hubbub about it. In hindsight, that obviously was a good idea, as TOR didn't work out. But PR-wise, they need to do a better job.

And wallet-wise, I strongly suggest they list what features will be added, offer screenshots when available, and a rough estimate of release date. It probably goes without saying, but make sure it works 100% with no bugs before release... think you get one shot with it. You have a strike against you with the TOR problems.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: