Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:49:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... 245 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I/O Coin (IOC) DiONS VM | Messaging | Data Storage | Chameleon | DeFi  (Read 719045 times)
cohnhead

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 04:17:59 PM

Please give us your vote on : http://benzingafintechawards.com/vote/io-digital/

You can vote by clicking a like in the top left corner. Facebook and/or Twitter.
If you do it on all two, we will get two votes.
We need 200 votes to go to the next round.
Thanks for your vote!

Richard

I cant post images here, but IOC now has 100 Votes!   (half way there) Please get all your Friends and Family on Twitter and Facebook to participate and share the link.
I hope we can get 200 votes by the end of today and get many more!

If IOC gets 500 votes by the end of January, i will give 5 lucky people here 500 I/OCoin and they can choose to do with it as they please EG: Give it to friends or family members.

I voted for I/O, I will happily take that extra 2500 IOC divide it by 5 and give each 500 IOC to myself. I won't even charge for this service Wink

Hi Sam, unfortunately, the giveaway, is for non IOC Team members.  

But, you are a bit of a geek, do you own a Raspberry Pi 2 ?  Trying to find someone who can instal and run the IOC wallet then people can use the Pi's for staking, much, much, cheaper as it uses a fraction of the electric a normal computer uses.  Thank you.

PS: Staking above 50% again, very nice to see,  i seen 60% the other day, The IOC blockchain is like a high maintenance women, you've got to keep it (staking) up for a long time to keep her happy!
Great news, wouldnt mind 500 coins Wink I have a question, just dl´ed the wallet to mine, but it says something about no "mature" coins? and it hasnt started mining yet, as with other coins?

welcome....nice to have you join community....just to ask...you do have coins in your wallet? ..to start...as you need some coins or percentage of a coin to start staking (mining). also under settings you need to unlock wallet.
Hi and thx for ur help, very underrated coin Smiley yes, i transferred 7k to my mining pc, I havent locked the wallet yet as i just finished wallet sync 3 hours ago, but the 7k is confirmed but no staking? I have kept my wallet running, just closed once to see if that was the problem.
wallet needs to be unlocked for staking (option under settings). maybe someone correct me if wrong...also coins need to be at least 8 hours old....for them to mature, to be eligible to earn pos rewards.
MrWhiteBites

Activity: 770
Merit: 511

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 04:25:27 PM

Langvad.

IMPORTANT!

Make sure to Back-up your new wallet to at least 2 USB (new or freshly formatted) drives!

Make a strong password (min 15 characters, letters upper and lower case, numbers and symbols)
and write down and store your password in several places also. They are your keys to the kingdom!

That goes for everyone here also!

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
langvad

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 04:32:06 PM

You can vote by clicking a like in the top left corner. Facebook and/or Twitter.
Thanks for your vote!

Richard

I cant post images here, but IOC now has 100 Votes!   (half way there) Please get all your Friends and Family on Twitter and Facebook to participate and share the link.

If IOC gets 500 votes by the end of January, i will give 5 lucky people here 500 I/OCoin and they can choose to do with it as they please EG: Give it to friends or family members.

I voted for I/O, I will happily take that extra 2500 IOC divide it by 5 and give each 500 IOC to myself. I won't even charge for this service Wink

But, you are a bit of a geek, do you own a Raspberry Pi 2 ?  Trying to find someone who can instal and run the IOC wallet then people can use the Pi's for staking, much, much, cheaper as it uses a fraction of the electric a normal computer uses.  Thank you.

PS: Staking above 50% again, very nice to see,  i seen 60% the other day, The IOC blockchain is like a high maintenance women, you've got to keep it (staking) up for a long time to keep her happy!
Great news, wouldnt mind 500 coins Wink I have a question, just dl´ed the wallet to mine, but it says something about no "mature" coins? and it hasnt started mining yet, as with other coins?

welcome....nice to have you join community....just to ask...you do have coins in your wallet? ..to start...as you need some coins or percentage of a coin to start staking (mining). also under settings you need to unlock wallet.
Hi and thx for ur help, very underrated coin Smiley yes, i transferred 7k to my mining pc, I havent locked the wallet yet as i just finished wallet sync 3 hours ago, but the 7k is confirmed but no staking? I have kept my wallet running, just closed once to see if that was the problem.
wallet needs to be unlocked for staking (option under settings). maybe someone correct me if wrong...also coins need to be at least 8 hours old....for them to mature, to be eligible to earn pos rewards.
thx for the help guys, I think its the 8 hour maturity im waiting on, will let u know when/if. And yes, im gonna back it up w passwords etc. Smiley
SamInTampa

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 07:01:32 PM

http://i67.tinypic.com/24wzo68.jpg

Thanks for your vote!

Richard

PS: Staking above 50% again, very nice to see,  i seen 60% the other day, The IOC blockchain is like a high maintenance women, you've got to keep it (staking) up for a long time to keep her happy!

Simon,

Yes, I have a Raspberry Pi 2 that I purchased recently. I also have working instructions on getting an older copy of the wallet compiled and running on a Linux machine. I do plan on looking into this for Pi, but it isn't currently at the top of my list of priorities. It isn't part of our roadmap as far as I'm aware, but I think it's a good idea. As time permits...I'll be looking into it. At this time my focus is on other priorities that would have a greater positive impact. So it's a personal pet project at this time.

Thanks,

Sam
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 08:01:32 PM

Ah Ha! I knew it!

Great to hear Sam, i knew you would have a Pi !  I have contacted a BCT member also who is pretty wise when it comes to getting coins to stake on Pi's and also a company named ROKOS, so there are options, i think it would bring more people to IOC as the Pi community is massive and growing each day.

Plus the Pi would act as a node and this way it would make it possible for people to stake very cheaply.

Many thanks Simon.

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 08:35:37 PM

For the ones that are not that tech savvy you could go with something like this, a Windows 10 Lenovo Ideacentre Stick 300.... When we release DIONS will set one up for the community with a How To. They are powered by a micro usb and with 32gb of SSD would be ideal to run our wallet and stake.

Intel Atom Z3735F 1.33 GHz Processor
2 GB SO-DIMM DDR3
32 GB Solid State Drive
Please refer user manual below
Windows 10

MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 09:22:11 PM

For the ones that are not that tech savvy you could go with something like this, a Windows 10 Lenovo Ideacentre Stick 300.... When we release DIONS will set one up for the community with a How To. They are powered by a micro usb and with 32gb of SSD would be ideal to run our wallet and stake.

2 GB SO-DIMM DDR3
32 GB Solid State Drive
Windows 10

The only issue with these, is that you still need a keyboard and mouse to attach to it and power, like a standard plug socket. It would not have any advantage, other than the size, over a laptop or desktop, the beautiful of the Raspberry Pi is that is uses only 5v power supply of which it uses only an average of 1 watt with nothing plugged in (keyboard, mouse) and can easily be turned on and left to work (stake) away using tiny amount of power.

Raspebrry Pi

"In a Shutdown State.
5.23 V, 0.05 Amps = 0.26 Watts.
Overall. So we can see that the new Raspberry Pi B+ uses 1.21 Watts with just a keyboard dongle vs 1.89 Watts for the old model B.
 The difference, 0.68 Watts might not sound like a lot, but it's 36% less power usage.Jul 16, 2014"

Which means you can easily run it off solar power and virtually have portable staking.

These computer sticks (of which there are several) the lenovo requires 10 Watts.  

The Pros are that it is small and can be used to stake instead of your main computer.
So really good to have something alternative and will be great to have these "computers on a stick" working with dions.
If you intend to stake 24/7 get one with a heatsink and not a noisy fan.

mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 12:22:54 AM

2 GB SO-DIMM DDR3
32 GB Solid State Drive
Windows 10

The only issue with these, is that you still need a keyboard and mouse to attach to it and power, like a standard plug socket. It would not have any advantage, other than the size, over a laptop or desktop, the beautiful of the Raspberry Pi is that is uses only 5v power supply of which it uses only an average of 1 watt with nothing plugged in (keyboard, mouse) and can easily be turned on and left to work (stake) away using tiny amount of power.

Raspebrry Pi

"In a Shutdown State.
5.23 V, 0.05 Amps = 0.26 Watts.
Overall. So we can see that the new Raspberry Pi B+ uses 1.21 Watts with just a keyboard dongle vs 1.89 Watts for the old model B.
 The difference, 0.68 Watts might not sound like a lot, but it's 36% less power usage.Jul 16, 2014"

Which means you can easily run it off solar power and virtually have portable staking.

These computer sticks (of which there are several) the lenovo requires 10 Watts.  

The Pros are that it is small and can be used to stake instead of your main computer.
So really good to have something alternative and will be great to have these "computers on a stick" working with dions.
If you intend to stake 24/7 get one with a heatsink and not a noisy fan.

You can use a keyboard and trackpad via wireless bluetooth. Lastly as I said before this option is for non techy users, that would like to have staking wallet without using their main computers.
cohnhead

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 02:10:41 AM

Lets get more Nodes and make it easy for people to run IOC wallets on the Raspberry Pi's!

Trying to find out how to run a PoS wallet (i/ocoin) using a Pi. 

This is the best post and reply i have read. (i have sent the poster a message)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1070558.0

jc12345

Activity: 588

View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)
Trust: 0: -0 / +0
Ignore

Re: Raspberry Pi 2 for staking
14 June 2015, 06:23:35
Reply with quote  #15
I run all my wallets on Raspberry Pi. It works great for just about anything including solo mining, staking you name it. The only issue is that Qt5 libraries are not available yet to so ant apt-get install. It is possible to do a standalone compile of Qt5 but that becomes very tricky and the Qt5 compiles on a i looks ugly. In addition, compiling Qt5 on the Pi takes between 1-2 days.

In order to determine the strategy of a coins wallets on a Pi, look if the .Pro file has been setup for Qt5 or Qt4. If Qt4 then no problem it will compile, if Qt5 then skip Qt and just compile the headless daemon. You could always build your own Qt4 project if you really have the time and effort but it generally is not worth the effort. Here ans there are tricks to bypass the Qt5 issues like the qtwaitingspinner solution I mentioned in the one thread. In all cases headless daemon works perfectly fine. Qt wallets have a marginal advantage in that you can see visually what is going on with your coins and managing addresses with copy paste etc. There is nothing though that can be done with Qt wallet that you canot do with the daemon with a little bit more effort.

Iv posted several installation scripts for Pi wallets through the alt-coin section. If you want advice on a certain coin or want a script for it let me know.

EDIT: I would recommend the following 2 things for the headless daemon: 1) Change UPNP to "1" in the makefile.unix and 2) always check the src/leveldb/build_platform_detect to make sure it has read permissions for at least the account your compiling with, but it is ok to change it to "anyone" or world for the build.

PLEASE I/OCoin DEV Team.   Lets get a User Guide (script or whats needed) so many more people can run the I/OCoin wallets easily and cheaply using the super popular Raspberry Pi's  (latest versions probally best, Pi2's)

Thank you.

Funny ....sometimes all roads lead to same place.

I had asked jc12345 about setting up ioc wallet on a pi back in july.....it was in context of setting up pi to stake more than just one coin.

I didn't take it very far as I was under impression that when the team came out with the new wallet, the qt version wouldn't work and I  wrongly assumed a wallet set up on a pi , based on the existing code wouldn't work either. I figured i'd wait for new wallet and them revisit the issue.

If its not the case, and a pi wallet will work even when new wallet finally comes out, then I guess it could addressed now.

Anyway, back in july jc12345 responded
"If you let me know the coins you want to run, depending on if I feel generous or not, I will help you build the wallets and set them up."

Maybe we could help his generosity a little by being generous ourselves and offer him or some one a bounty.

IOC already made it to be considered for an award by getting over 200 votes. Getting over 500 would not mean anything. Instead of giving 2,500 coins to 5 lucky IOC supporters, why not give that to jc12345 or anyone else who can set up a staking wallet on a pi?
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 08:17:18 AM

Lets get more Nodes and make it easy for people to run IOC wallets on the Raspberry Pi's!

Trying to find out how to run a PoS wallet (i/ocoin) using a Pi. 

This is the best post and reply i have read. (i have sent the poster a message)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1070558.0

jc12345

Activity: 588

View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)
Trust: 0: -0 / +0
Ignore

Re: Raspberry Pi 2 for staking
14 June 2015, 06:23:35
Reply with quote  #15
I run all my wallets on Raspberry Pi. It works great for just about anything including solo mining, staking you name it. The only issue is that Qt5 libraries are not available yet to so ant apt-get install. It is possible to do a standalone compile of Qt5 but that becomes very tricky and the Qt5 compiles on a i looks ugly. In addition, compiling Qt5 on the Pi takes between 1-2 days.

In order to determine the strategy of a coins wallets on a Pi, look if the .Pro file has been setup for Qt5 or Qt4. If Qt4 then no problem it will compile, if Qt5 then skip Qt and just compile the headless daemon. You could always build your own Qt4 project if you really have the time and effort but it generally is not worth the effort. Here ans there are tricks to bypass the Qt5 issues like the qtwaitingspinner solution I mentioned in the one thread. In all cases headless daemon works perfectly fine. Qt wallets have a marginal advantage in that you can see visually what is going on with your coins and managing addresses with copy paste etc. There is nothing though that can be done with Qt wallet that you canot do with the daemon with a little bit more effort.

Iv posted several installation scripts for Pi wallets through the alt-coin section. If you want advice on a certain coin or want a script for it let me know.

EDIT: I would recommend the following 2 things for the headless daemon: 1) Change UPNP to "1" in the makefile.unix and 2) always check the src/leveldb/build_platform_detect to make sure it has read permissions for at least the account your compiling with, but it is ok to change it to "anyone" or world for the build.

PLEASE I/OCoin DEV Team.   Lets get a User Guide (script or whats needed) so many more people can run the I/OCoin wallets easily and cheaply using the super popular Raspberry Pi's  (latest versions probally best, Pi2's)

Thank you.

Funny ....sometimes all roads lead to same place.

I had asked jc12345 about setting up ioc wallet on a pi back in july.....it was in context of setting up pi to stake more than just one coin.

I didn't take it very far as I was under impression that when the team came out with the new wallet, the qt version wouldn't work and I  wrongly assumed a wallet set up on a pi , based on the existing code wouldn't work either. I figured i'd wait for new wallet and them revisit the issue.

If its not the case, and a pi wallet will work even when new wallet finally comes out, then I guess it could addressed now.

Anyway, back in july jc12345 responded
"If you let me know the coins you want to run, depending on if I feel generous or not, I will help you build the wallets and set them up."

Maybe we could help his generosity a little by being generous ourselves and offer him or some one a bounty.

IOC already made it to be considered for an award by getting over 200 votes. Getting over 500 would not mean anything. Instead of giving 2,500 coins to 5 lucky IOC supporters, why not give that to jc12345 or anyone else who can set up a staking wallet on a pi?

Awesome!  Yes, very funny how different roads can lead to the same end.   

I think your idea is great! I will donate 2,500 I/OCOin to JC.  It would be gret if the community here (non team people) could also donate some IOC and we could give him a incentive to get a script made, then i can work on making instructions nad making a you tube video showing how the staking is done on the Pi. Smiley

2,500 IOC is 1,25 btc at 5k sats, so a really good offer, if we can get up to 5,000 or at least, 4,000 then thats 0.2btc a good price for such work i think.

(Rokos charge .49 for this service with unlimited updates also). https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084908.0
I will send JC a message today and hopefully get the ball rolling.

As Joel pointed out, there a "computers on a stick" these days also, for people who want to stake on something other than a personal computer and want something small and not very noticeable, i would certainly recommend any who is thinking of getting one of these, to get one with a heatsink and not one that uses a fan, which can cause noise.

LondonMP

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

I/O Digital Where Dreams Become Technology

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 08:38:32 AM

I think your idea is great! I will donate 2,500 I/OCOin to JC.  It would be gret if the community here (non team people) could also donate some IOC and we could give him a incentive to get a script made, then i can work on making instructions nad making a you tube video showing how the staking is done on the Pi. Smiley

2,500 IOC is 1,25 btc at 5k sats, so a really good offer, if we can get up to 5,000 or at least, 4,000 then thats 0.2btc a good price for such work i think.

You can add 1500 coins to the total from me, I can either send them to you simon or directly to JC. What other flavours does he/she offer? I prefer blueberry or apple pies and not so much Raspberries  Grin 

MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 09:39:03 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2016, 02:13:09 PM by MrWhiteBites

I think your idea is great! I will donate 2,500 I/OCOin to JC.  It would be gret if the community here (non team people) could also donate some IOC and we could give him a incentive to get a script made, then i can work on making instructions nad making a you tube video showing how the staking is done on the Pi. Smiley

You can add 1500 coins to the total from me, I can either send them to you simon or directly to JC. What other flavours does he/she offer? I prefer blueberry or apple pies and not so much Raspberries  Grin  

Hi London,

Thats great thank you!  I sent a message to JC with the offer just now, so will wait for his reply then ask him to send his IOC address and we can send coins direct to him Wink

4,000 is a good total, the more we can raise the better.     Regarding flavours, i know there is a Banana Pi also Smiley But as long as we dont end up eating Humble Pie then all good!

UPDATE:  So far the wallet running with a "headless Demon" is working. Full Update to follow  Smiley

cohnhead

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 02:29:22 PM

I think your idea is great! I will donate 2,500 I/OCOin to JC.  It would be gret if the community here (non team people) could also donate some IOC and we could give him a incentive to get a script made, then i can work on making instructions nad making a you tube video showing how the staking is done on the Pi. Smiley

You can add 1500 coins to the total from me, I can either send them to you simon or directly to JC. What other flavours does he/she offer? I prefer blueberry or apple pies and not so much Raspberries  Grin  

Hi London,

Thats great thank you!  I sent a message to JC with the offer just now, so will wait for his reply then ask him to send his IOC address and we can send coins direct to him Wink

4,000 is a good total, the more we can raise the better.     Regarding flavours, i know there is a Banana Pi also Smiley But as long as we dont end up eating Humble Pie then all good!

UPDATE:  So far the wallet running with a "headless Demon" is working. Full Update to follow  Smiley
and please add another 1,000 to the total from me. and as previous poster asked...should i send to you or directly to jc12345.

nice update....thanks for taking the ball and running with it.......

getting some "head" would be awesome....  hopefully that is on this impromptu road map for pi wallet implementation.... :-)
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 02:40:24 PM

Hi London,

and please add another 1,000 to the total from me. and as previous poster asked...should i send to you or directly to jc12345.

nice update....thanks for taking the ball and running with it.......

getting some "head" would be awesome....  hopefully that is on this impromptu road map for pi wallet implementation.... :-)

Thank you Cohnhead, thats a great offer, like i say, the more we get the better! This makes the new total 5,000 IOC. Also when the new wallet is out, hopefully it should be easy enough (for an expert) to run a program for the new wallet to work on the Pi also. (as a free update due to the generosity of the community here).

Regarding payment. I have asked for JC's ioc address and we can send the payment direct and easy check it on the blockchain.

A BIG thank you.  Also JC told me they will post here once it is complete they are loading the blockchain as we speak.

IO Dev Team (OP)

Activity: 270
Merit: 150

iOC Development Team

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 05:28:11 AM

Development Update January 23rd 2015

A consensus was reached by Pat and Derek. Derek has started to code the final api code (in a private Bitbucket account) to the DIONS Wallet. Once he is done, Pat will clean up the code and Ophie will finish the front end design. As soon as the html5 wallet with DIONS is ready for testnet, we will update the community.

Thanks Everyone

I/O Digital Dev Team

Remember to follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/IOCoin_IOC
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/iocoindigitalcurrency

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Hero Leg V1
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 08:48:36 AM

Development Update January 23rd 2015

A consensus was reached by Pat and Derek. Derek has started to code the final api code (in a private Bitbucket account) to the DIONS Wallet. Once he is done, Pat will clean up the code and Ophie will finish the front end design. As soon as the html5 wallet with DIONS is ready for testnet, we will update the community.

Thanks Everyone

I/O Digital Dev Team

Fantastic News!  Lets hope the wallet can be ready for release on February 14th! Because i am sure everyone is going to Love this new wallet, that if i think correctly, will be a First for Crypto!

If it is looking good to be released on Valentines Day.  You guys could maybe put some great images together and we, the community cna blast them on social networking sites with #love #dions this #valentinesday  Smiley

jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 02:28:11 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2017, 03:05:31 PM by jc12345

Here are the Raspberry Pi wallets for IOCoin. If you are using Raspbian Wheezy (v7) you have to use the headless command line wallet. If you are using Raspboan Jessie (v8) you can choose between the headless commandl line wallet or the Qt wallet.

Important:
1) Always backup your wallet.dat first before you do anything
2) The wallets were built on Raspberry Pi2 (ARM7) running Raspbian Wheezy (v7) as well as Jessie (v8) and the instructions and scripts assume you are running as user "pi". It is a pre-requisite to have either Raspbian Wheezy or Jessie installed on your Pi micro-SD card. You can find instructions of how to do this on https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/ by either installing n00bs and selecting your OS or by downloading the image for one of the 2 versions of the OS.
3) Installation directory where the binaries are installed is ~/opt/iocoin or /home/pi/opt/iocoin
4) To run the wallets go to the directory with the wallets and run the wallet file (iocoind_jessie or iocoin_wheezy for the respective headless wallets at the command line or if you have Jessie you can click on the IOC icon on the desktop or run the iocoin-qt wallet.
5) An Internet connection is required for the installation
6) A bootstrap.dat is available to fast track the blockchain sync - up to block 734407. The installation script does not force the install of the bootstrap.dat as it is very large. You need to manually download it, unzip it and place the bootstrap.dat in the ~/.iocoin folder and then run the wallet.
7) The bootstrap.dat also works for Windows wallets. Windows users just have to copy the bootstrap.dat file into their c\users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\IOCoin folder and run the Win client again
8.) You need at least an 8GB memory card for the wallet.
9) The installation itself takes about 30-45min on an out-of-the-box Pi, but due to the large chain it will take several hours to import the blockchain.
10) You cannot just download the dynamic wallets, you have to run the script to get the dependencies as well else it will not run.
11) The installation script does not enable the UFW firewall by default. If you want to enable it, uncomment the UFW lines in the script and add the ports you want open and run it again or enable it manually by running the UFW commands as in the script with the correct port numbers from the command line.
12) Always verify the checksums when you download files to make sure it was downloaded ok. To verify the checksums on your Pi, go to the ~/opt/iocoin folder and execute sha256sum <filename> and md5sum <filename> and compare the values with the values in the checksums.txt file. Do the same for the bootstrap.dat

Instructions to use the headless command line daemon wallet:

1) The installation script creates an iocoin.conf file with the startup settings in it. Go to the folder with the binaries ~/opt/iocoin and enter ./iocoind_jessie or ./iocoind_wheezy (depending on which version of the OS you installed) in a terminal window to start the server
2) After the blockchain has been imported you can enter the normal wallet commands that you would as in a Windows debug console preceded with ./iocoind_jessie or ./iocoind_wheezy eg. ./iocoin_jessy getinfo. During the first time blockchain import process the wallet will be non-responsive in the sense that it will say it cannot connect to the wallet. Just wait for the import to finish and the wallet will become responsive again.
3) Remember to always make a backup of your wallet.dat file before you do anything like encrypting it
4) To encrypt your wallet run the command ./iocoind_jessie encryptwallet <yourpassword> or ./iocoind_wheezy encryptwallet <yourpassword>
5) Once you have the wallet running, blockchain imported and your wallet with coins on the Pi, then you can kickstart staking by executing ./iocoind_jessie walletpasshprase <yourwalletpassword> 99999999 true or ./iocoind_wheezy walletpasshprase <yourwalletpassword> 99999999 true

Instructions to use the Qt wallet:

1) The wallet works exactly the same as the one in Windows.

To kickstart the installation execute the following commands at the command prompt or in a terminal window on your Pi.

For Raspbian Wheezy (headless wallet)
Code:
wget https://bitbucket.org/jc12345/iocoin/downloads/ioc_installation_pi_w.sh && chmod +x ioc_installation_pi_w.sh && ./ioc_installation_pi_w.sh && rm -f ioc_installation_pi*

For Raspbian Jessy (headless & Qt wallet)
Code:
wget https://bitbucket.org/jc12345/iocoin/downloads/ioc_installation_pi_j.sh && chmod +x ioc_installation_pi_j.sh && ./ioc_installation_pi_j.sh && rm -f ioc_installation_pi*

Direct links:
Link to Wheezy wallet installation script
Link to Jessie wallet installation script
Link to Qt wallet for Jessie
Link to headless wallet for Jessie
Link to headless wallet for Wheezy
Link to virustotal scan for iocoin-qt
Link to virustotal scan for iocoind_jessie
Link to virustotal scan for iocoind_wheezy
Link to bootstrap.dat up to block 734407 (228MB zipped)
Link to checksums.txt
cryptocoinnl

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 02:36:19 PM

Here are the Raspberry Pi wallets for IOCoin. Only the headless daemon (command line) wallet is included.

Thanks for this! i hope someone can try this out since i personally don't have any pi (yet).
Also thanks for the bootstrap which i hope we can use for new releases of the wallets we have.

Cheers
Richard
cohnhead

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 02:38:00 PM

Here are the Raspberry Pi wallets for IOCoin. Only the headless daemon (command line) wallet is included.

Important:
1) Always backup your wallet.dat first before you do anything
2) The wallet was built on Raspberry Pi2 (ARM7) running Raspbian Wheezy (v7) as well as Jessie (v8) and the instructions and scripts assume you are running as user "pi". It is a pre-requisite to have either Raspbian Wheezy or Jessie installed on your Pi micro-SD card. You can find instructions of how to do this on https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/ by either installing n00bs and selecting your OS or by downloading the image for one of the 2 versions of the OS.
3) Installation directory where the binaries are installed is ~/opt/iocoin or /home/pi/opt/iocoin
4) To run the wallet go to the directory with the wallets and run the daemon (iocoind_jessie or iocoin_wheezy depending on which version of the OS you have installed) with the options you want at the command prompt or in a terminal window
5) An Internet connection is required for the installation
6) A bootstrap.dat is available to fast track the blockchain sync - up to block 734407. The installation script does not force the install of the bootstrap.dat as it is very large. You need to manually download it, unzip it and place the bootstrap.dat in the ~/.iocoin folder and then run the wallet.
7) The bootstrap.dat also works for Windows wallets. Windows users just have to copy the bootstrap.dat file into their c\users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\IOCoin folder and run the Win client again
8.) You need at least an 8GB memory card for the wallet.
9) The installation itself takes about 30-45min on an out-of-the-box Pi, but due to the large chain it will take a few hours to import the blockchain.
10) You cannot just download the dynamic wallets, you have to run the script to get the dependencies as well else it will not run.
11) The installation script does not enable the UFW firewall by default. If you want to enable it, uncomment the UFW lines in the script and add the ports you want open and run it again or enable it manually by running the UFW commands as in the script with the correct port numbers from the command line.
12) Always verify the checksums when you download files to make sure it was downloaded ok. To verify the checksums on your Pi, go to the ~/opt/iocoin folder and execute sha256sum <filename> and md5sum <filename> and compare the values with the values in the checksums.txt file. Do the same for the bootstrap.dat

Instructions to use the headless command line daemon wallet:

1) The installation script creates an iocoin.conf file with the startup settings in it. Go to the folder with the binaries ~/opt/iocoin and enter ./iocoind_jessie or ./iocoind_wheezy (depending on which version of the OS you installed) in a terminal window to start the server
2) After the blockchain has been imported you can enter the normal wallet commands that you would as in a Windows debug console preceded with ./iocoind_jessie or ./iocoind_wheezy eg. ./iocoin_jessy getinfo. During the first time blockchain import process the wallet will be non-responsive in the sense that it will say it cannot connect to the wallet. Just wait for the import to finish and the wallet will become responsive again.
3) Remember to always make a backup of your wallet.dat file before you do anything like encrypting it
4) To encrypt your wallet run the command ./iocoind_jessie encryptwallet <yourpassword> or ./iocoind_wheezy encryptwallet <yourpassword>

Let me know about any issues that you may encounter.

To kickstart the installation execute the following commands at the command prompt or in a terminal window on your Pi.

Code:
wget https://bitbucket.org/jc12345/iocoin/downloads/ioc_installation_pi.sh && chmod +x ioc_installation_pi.sh && ./ioc_installation_pi.sh && rm -f ioc_installation_pi*

Direct links:
Link to wallet installation script
Link to IOCoin wallet for jessie
Link to IOCoin wallet for wheezy
Link to virustotal scan for iocoind_wheezy
Link to bootstrap.dat up to block 734407 (238MB)
Link to checksums.txt

awesome, a heartfelt thank you to you sir, for providing your expertise to this project.
if you could,  please provide ioc wallet address so we can show our appreciation.
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 03:19:03 PM

awesome, a heartfelt thank you to you sir, for providing your expertise to this project.
if you could,  please provide ioc wallet address so we can show our appreciation.

It is a pleasure Smiley

IOC address appended to Pi wallet post above.
Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... 245 »
  Print  

Jump to: