Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:37:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty for Bitcoin Animated Movie [won]  (Read 88194 times)
Insti

Activity: 294
Merit: 252

Firstbits: 1duzy

View Profile
August 29, 2010, 07:36:47 AM

Did you mean to link a different thread?  Your link refers to teh fourth page of this thread.

I meant to link to the first page of this thread.
If you read the thread you will find what the requirements are.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Anonymous

August 29, 2010, 09:17:39 AM

I contacted the people from http://www.thinktwicenews.com/ to see if they would be interested in this bounty.Havent heard anything back but they need to find out more about bitcoin.

I posted in another thread http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=801.msg8969;topicseen#msg8969 an idea for a video game that would  walk a user through installing a client ,some of the back story of bitcoin and what it means in regards to banking/online payments and society.There are a lot of in-jokes with the story so if you use the idea you need to get the peoples permission!

The game is set sometime in the future and the main character is a mercenary soldier.A massive multinational payment company we will call payUpal has taken over all the worlds banks and online payment providers. :)There was a world depression and  the government had to bail them out and now they are called govpal lol.It is illegal for private citizens to own a computer and access the internet without government approved ID and the only way to buy things is using govpal.

You get hired by a company called "bitcoincorp" and your job is to break into a building where a company called "Knightmb corp" is located.
 "Knightmb corp" has possession of a thumb drive that contains a wallet with %50 of the worlds bitcoins in it which you need to secure before govpal finds and uses to take over their last remaining competitor.

This is where you start fighting your way to the building where you need to get to the basement and locate the secret area where the thumb drive is located,which had been hidden by someone before the building was evacuated by Govpal.There is a tablet computer which plays a movie which explains why the thumb drive needs to be protected and how to install and use a bitcoin client so that the wallet file on the thumb drive can be used by bitcoincorp.The person explaining is a japanese man we will call "satoshi".When your character verifies that he understands satoshi says "that is correct" lol.

You then fight your way to another building where you need to find a computer and install a bitcoin client to allow you to use the wallet file on the thumb drive.Along the way govpal finds out who you are and your mission and you get a call on your mobile which gives you the news that they have blown up your house and everything in it including your family.

After this you become determined to finish your mission by fighting your way across town to the location of a computer with internet access and a usb slot for the thumb drive.When you get there after many battles with govpal agents you sit down at the computer and download the bitcoin client which you install using the wallet file on the usb.Once this is done you are contacted by bitcoincorp who tell you where to find the person responsible for blowing up your house.You need to arm yourself up and this is where you go to the secret weapons stash.You get handguns and other basic weapons to start with.As the game goes along the player can buy upgrades and other items in  game using bitcoins  Cheesy

The rest of the game would be a series of encounters with govpal agents as you find clues to the location of the games big boss.

This could probably be modified to an animated movie
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 20, 2010, 08:30:26 PM

Since we are waiting for the two week period nothing to do for the EFF....I decided to ask a question.

Is this project alive?

mizerydearia

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 20, 2010, 10:42:19 PM

Of course, however, the community must* attract cg artists in order for this idea to take off and for quality Bitcoin-related animations to be common or exist.

* If you participate in art/cg/design communities, mention Bitcoin if it seems convenient to do so.  It would be amazing for artists to create or participate in a kind of community that offers compensation in Bitcoins for designed works.

Slightly unrelated: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=909.msg10901#msg10901
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2010, 12:33:53 AM

Of course, however, the community must* attract cg artists in order for this idea to take off and for quality Bitcoin-related animations to be common or exist.

* If you participate in art/cg/design communities, mention Bitcoin if it seems convenient to do so.  It would be amazing for artists to create or participate in a kind of community that offers compensation in Bitcoins for designed works.

Slightly unrelated: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=909.msg10901#msg10901

It is "of course" for you, but how?

mizerydearia

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 21, 2010, 01:31:06 AM

Well, it depends on what you mean by project.  If you are referring to a project for creating the animation that is supported by the bounty contributions from this thread, then I have no idea.  I am not aware of any active projects as of yet.  If you mean project as in this thread as being a project to offer bounty, incentive for an animation to be produced/designed, then unless everyone that offered to contribute retracts their offer, I imagine that it will continue.

Patience is a virtue. ^_^   There is no need for rush.  In fact, the longer that it takes for an animation to be produced, the more potential for the value of the bounty to increase and to possibly create even more incentive.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2010, 01:39:58 AM

Well, it depends on what you mean by project.  If you are referring to a project for creating the animation that is supported by the bounty contributions from this thread, then I have no idea.  I am not aware of any active projects as of yet.  If you mean project as in this thread as being a project to offer bounty, incentive for an animation to be produced/designed, then unless everyone that offered to contribute retracts their offer, I imagine that it will continue.

Patience is a virtue. ^_^   There is no need for rush.  In fact, the longer that it takes for an animation to be produced, the more potential for the value of the bounty to increase and to possibly create even more incentive.

Some people will die, etc. But my offer is still good.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2010, 03:08:48 AM

I thought it was important to keep projects like this one alive by periodic bumping.

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2010, 08:18:22 PM

This bounty is dead dead and dead!

Anonymous

October 04, 2010, 02:08:15 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2010, 05:02:30 AM by noagendamarket

This bounty is dead dead and dead!

No It's not. I am about to revive it.  Lips sealed
  Edit...there should be an update from bytemaster shortly.

Grin
Anonymous

October 10, 2010, 10:40:18 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2010, 03:12:56 AM by noagendamarket

I donated a heap of coins to the address listed at the start of this thread and have heard absolutely nothing about it. The bounty should be over $1000 with the latest rise in value.

Cry
Anonymous

October 17, 2010, 03:14:39 AM

Does anyone know if bytemaster is still around?
eurekafag

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2010, 08:19:38 PM

Looks like he gathered enough money and left the forum with them. You're all screwed and it should be a good lesson. Don't trust anyone who have few posts and did almost nothing to the community but starts taking money for bounty or any other project.

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2010, 08:33:45 PM

Looks like he gathered enough money and left the forum with them. You're all screwed and it should be a good lesson. Don't trust anyone who have few posts and did almost nothing to the community but starts taking money for bounty or any other project.

100 posts is not trivial...

grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
October 24, 2010, 08:34:53 PM

Gosh I can't believe this happened.  Even a hero member such as noagendamarket got screwed.  A good lesson indeed.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2010, 09:28:23 PM

I pledged, but didn't let him hold my money. Not because I had any suspicions, but what is the benefit? I know that I'm trustworthy, I'll just hold it myself. People do die, get brain damage, lose hard drives, etc. I'd actually trust two long time members each with a full copy of the wallet more than just one. Plus then we would know for sure and exactly when we were cheated, for whatever that's worth. Now we don't know if we should feel sorry for a dead guy or angry at a scammer.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Ground Loop

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2010, 10:04:44 PM

I suppose you can check to see if the same coins were 'spent' by bytemaster, and to whom.

Bitcoin accepted here: 1HrAmQk9EuH3Ak6ugsw3qi3g23DG6YUNPq
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5166
Merit: 12865

View Profile
October 24, 2010, 10:30:27 PM

I suppose you can check to see if the same coins were 'spent' by bytemaster, and to whom.

It was not spent.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2010, 10:33:32 PM

It looks like bytemaster is a scammer. Noagendamarket's transaction was 4f927df1213251... This was spent by bytemaster in transaction ddde42d19081ab...

Block 83788 (October 6, 2010)

Value: 0.02
To:12weUmfDsmhheC1cCM27gkLUMLjMxcqGjg

Value: 2146.22
To:1K4HzMd3hNX1Ame7rfiZG61eigPq4B4e3J

Could he simply be automatically sending bitcoins from one wallet to another?

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5166
Merit: 12865

View Profile
October 24, 2010, 10:36:03 PM

Could he simply be automatically sending bitcoins from one wallet to another?

My old post (edited) was a mistake. I was looking at the wrong output index. Noagendamarket sent to those addresses, not bytemaster.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: