Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:29:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty for Bitcoin Animated Movie [won]  (Read 88193 times)
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2010, 11:40:19 PM

I think people will find it cool that having coins means actually having the keys in a file on your computer.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anonymous

November 05, 2010, 12:27:31 AM

<<
INTRODUCING BITCOIN
>>
(Just so you know what I'm talking about)

I like this. I would suggest a handful of these, with minor variations in each one, sort of like a split marketing approach. I started writing something similarly non-technical, but yours is better. I like the idea for a series of small, specialized topics. My gears are turning now.

How do you eat an elephant?
A little bit at a time!

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5152
Merit: 12580

View Profile
November 05, 2010, 12:40:39 AM

INTRODUCING BITCOIN
[...]

I like this a lot. This would win at least my 100 BTC "How to get started" bounty.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 05, 2010, 03:08:14 AM

INTRODUCING BITCOIN
[...]

I like this a lot. This would win at least my 100 BTC "How to get started" bounty.

I think that it's a great script, if someone is willing to create the animation to go with it.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
November 05, 2010, 11:02:37 AM

I think that it's a great script, if someone is willing to create the animation to go with it.
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Believe it or not, it took about twenty hours to write and refine that small script!

I am working on the animation now, but that's a much bigger job so it will take some time.

I am releasing the script under Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY), so if anyone wants to make an alternative animation they are welcome.

My finished animation will be released under the same license, so that others can replace the soundtrack by one in another language, or do other kinds of mashups.
ribuck
Donator

View Profile
November 05, 2010, 11:20:49 AM

I think people will find it cool that having coins means actually having the keys in a file on your computer.
I agree, but I want to say that elsewhere. Perhaps in a part entitled "HOW BITCOIN WORKS". Something like this:

"You don't need to have your Bitcoin software running when someone
sends you coins. The network records the transaction, but only your
computer has the keys to spend the coins."
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2010, 04:00:42 PM

I agree, but I want to say that elsewhere. Perhaps in a part entitled "HOW BITCOIN WORKS". Something like this:

That's good. The assumption that if the coins are on your computer then you need to run to receive is a pretty simple one to make. Good to clear that up.

Bitquux

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2010, 04:05:47 PM

What if you said "only you have the keys," giving ownership/control to the person, rather than the computer? The animation can show USB flash drives or something at this point to illustrate the computer aspect. Or is that not clear enough?
ribuck
Donator

View Profile
November 05, 2010, 04:20:50 PM

What if you said "only you have the keys," giving ownership/control to the person, rather than the computer?
I've been struggling with that person/computer dichotomy the whole way through. I would like to always say "you" instead of "your computer". It's more human, more friendly, more understandable, and yet ... sometimes it just isn't true.

The keys really are on your computer. Sure, if you manually back them up onto a USB drive and put that in your pocket, then "you" have the keys. But so does anyone who steals your computer, so I can't really say that "only you" have the keys.
Bitquux

View Profile
November 05, 2010, 04:31:56 PM

What if you said "only you have the keys," giving ownership/control to the person, rather than the computer?
I've been struggling with that person/computer dichotomy the whole way through. I would like to always say "you" instead of "your computer". It's more human, more friendly, more understandable, and yet ... sometimes it just isn't true.

The keys really are on your computer. Sure, if you manually back them up onto a USB drive and put that in your pocket, then "you" have the keys. But so does anyone who steals your computer, so I can't really say that "only you" have the keys.

You're absolutely right. I think correctness is important here. And saying "computer" leaves open the idea that you still have to secure your computer just as you would the tray that holds the key to your cash box.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2010, 05:28:26 PM

I don't know. Would you feel strange saying "you have the dollar" when actually anyone who gets your wallet will have it?

ribuck
Donator

View Profile
November 05, 2010, 05:35:48 PM

Would you feel strange saying "you have the dollar" when actually anyone who gets your wallet will have it?
If my wallet is in my pocket, I would say that I have the dollar. But if there's an equally-spendable copy of that dollar in my computer at home, and I'm not at home, I couldn't confidently say that I have it.
Bitquux

View Profile
November 05, 2010, 05:41:22 PM

Would you feel strange saying "you have the dollar" when actually anyone who gets your wallet will have it?
If my wallet is in my pocket, I would say that I have the dollar. But if there's an equally-spendable copy of that dollar in my computer at home, and I'm not at home, I couldn't confidently say that I have it.

Though I guess if the dollar is at home on your table while you're out, you would still say you 'have' it. You just might be wrong and not know it. Question is which words do you use to draw the right picture in someone's head who is new to bitcoin?
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
November 05, 2010, 05:51:19 PM

You have access to an inter-dimensional wallet.

sirius
Bitcoiner

Activity: 429
Merit: 969

View Profile
November 05, 2010, 10:45:24 PM

INTRODUCING BITCOIN

Sounds good. It's easier to get some professional do it when the project definition is clear (script + some kind of a visual idea).

Maybe you should transfer the bounty to someone who is more active than you and is perceived to be trustworthy (like kiba or noagendamarket) because no one is going to donate anymore if you disappear for months at a time.  

+1

Iris — for better social networks
I'm not a forum admin - please contact theymos instead.
Anonymous

November 05, 2010, 11:54:05 PM

Are your keys attached to a keychain or are they scattered about the house?
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 03:50:13 AM

Bytemaster is inactive again. He is last seen November 9.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2010, 04:06:15 AM

Provided the risk of death/amnesia/imprisonment is greater than theft by trusted members it makes sense to have two different longtime members with access, either by copying the wallet file or using a mybitcoin or mtgox. I am not volunteering.

ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 10:09:02 AM

This is at least suspicious.

Anonymous

November 24, 2010, 10:32:30 AM

Everyone got their knickers in a knot last time he did this but he just had personal issues he was dealing with.  Smiley
To end this hysteria if bytemaster agrees we can put this bounty in a mybitcoin account with myself and another trusted user sharing the login details. I wouldnt feel comfortable holding it personally on my home laptop.

129GMPhks7k5bQnNJM4byLb4bE9nHCBSqP

Thats the mybitcoin address to use . I think Kiba should be the other person who holds the account details. Does this sound acceptable?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: